[PRP] Hidden forms (Ciro/Nga)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:28 pm
Ciro found himself unable to sleep. The constant nag at his stomach was enough to keep a deep slumber away from him. The Captain sighed, twisting and turning on his bed of pelts until finally he couldn't take it anymore.

Huffing, the lion rose to his feet. Well if he couldn't sleep, he might've well make good for the pride and go watch the borders.

His bones cracked as they shifted back into place, before heading out the den. Maybe there would be so much excitement near the border, that his adrenaline would overtake him, and when it faded, his need for sleep would be greater.

Or maybe, Ciro should go outside the lands to sleep. Prolonged viking anyone? Not a real mission other than to catch up on a few zzz's?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A quiet sigh, the exhausted goddess allowed herself to rest. In the cool of the night, when she was alone, Ngaule released her disguise, returning to her natural form. Holding the illusion while using her powers so extensively, it was more tiring than she had expected. It was good to relax, even if only for one night.

Tonight she rested near the outskirts of the stormborn lands. Her wings spread wide, stretching the muscles she had not used in several days. Ah, that was much needed, she'd had a knot at the base of one wing all day, it felt good to stretch it out.

A full stretch, a yawn, the goddess settled to rest atop a large rock. Her gaze turned skyward, watching the edge of the moon barely shining through the clouds that seemed to always fill the skies. The land seemed so peaceful out here, if only it truly were so.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:21 am
Amon Larethian

As Ciro made his way towards the border, something caught his attention. Or rather, someone. The form was large, not unusual for one born in the Storm. But what really caused his eyes to widen, was the outstretched wings the creature seemed to have.

Ciro knew Gods existed in this world. They weren't some story parents made up to bring out of the wonder or terror in children. The Captain just had never met one personally that he knew of. His golden eyes traveled down her form. She looked familiar, but those antlers and wings kept him guessing from such a distance.

When the Goddess settled on top of the rock, Ciro moved forward, creeping as quietly as he could forward to get a better glance.

Black and purple...the colors reminded him of Njia and Nga-....wait.

"Ngaule...?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:38 am
What? Ngauale started, suddenly looking in the direction of a voice she had not expected to hear. She blinked, staring at him for a moment. Well, damn it, she had not expected to reveal herself to any members of the pride. If she had not been so exhausted that she hadn't heard him, she would have disguised herself again. Oops? Too late now.

"Ciro, I did not expect to see you out here."

Obviously she had not expected anyone.

"You appear to have healed well."

She remembered him, there was no forgetting a lion such as him, for better or worse. Last she had seen him, he had been bleeding from an injury...and tried to use it to flirt with her. Heh, he had certainly made an impression at least.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:09 pm
Amon Larethian

“I could say the same to you…” Not only had he not expected to see Ngaule here, on the borders, he didn’t expect her to sprout branches from her head, nor large feathered wings on her back. He felt himself mesmerized, and found himself approaching the Goddess, even though it was probably in his best interest to stay back.

He tore his gaze from her as he looked down at his shoulder. Sure enough, the wound had healed to a point. A scar would be left, but he’d come to terms with that. It wasn’t as if his pelt was flawless. Small scars already littered his body. Reminders of his past, for better or for worse.

“And…you appeared to have some extra parts that I never saw before.” He blinked, his tone amused.

“Are there other’s like you? In disguise I mean?” Who else was hiding who they truly were. His thoughts went back to ever female he laid with, every male he scared of the border. Could they be of the divine?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:38 pm
"I guess that is true."

Her tail flicked, giving him an uncertain look. It was unfortunate that he had discovered her secret. Well, there was no denying who and what she was now. In the future she would have to be careful, and hope that Ciro would not reveal her to the rest of the pride.

"There are others, some in disguise, others not."

She had encountered multiple deities in the lands. Most it seemed had no ill intentions toward the pride, but one that she knew was actively harming the pride. It was because of that god that she was still here, unwilling to abandon those who suffered unjustly.

"It is easier to move through the pride in disguise, less questions. There was one cub that may have nearly figured it out, but she did not say so."

Whether or not the young one had put together than she must have used her powers and thus must have been a goddess, Ngaule was not certain. Perhaps she was too young to do so, but then, cubs were surprisingly clever. Now that she thought of it, that cub looked a bit like Ciro.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:15 am
Amon Larethian

Interesting.

He found himself frowning, still reminiscing his past encounters. His ears perked slightly when she mentioned a young cub. Haruhi had said something about a dark lioness helping her. Could that have been Ngaule?

"Did this cub have a dark pelt, with wings on it?" The male asked suddenly.

Haruhi had told him how awful she felt. How much pain she was in. And then, it seemed to dissipate after the help of this mysterious lioness. Did she ever tell him her name? Ciro tried to recollect, but found him coming up empty.

If the lioness who had helped Haruhi was Nga, Ciro would be indebted to her. She helped his little girl. Repayment was needed somehow!

"What do you represent?" Ciro shifted on his paws, finding his eyes on her wings. They were just like a bird's wings, but...bigger. He found himself taking a small step forward, inching closer to the deity.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:01 am
Nga thought for a moment, recalling the cub she had met. It seemed so long ago now, though in reality only a short time had passed. The dark cub had been the first of the pride she'd met, the first to tell her of the 'sickness' running through the pride, a sickness she now knew was the result of an unnatural famine.

"I believe so, Haruhi was her name. Do you know her?"

She should have seen it before, how very much the little cub resembled the lion before her. Surely they were related? Of course, she had incorrectly assumed lions were related before, she still thought the two white gods she'd met could have been father and child.

"My domain is survival. I ask that you not share this with the rest of the pride for now."

It was already tiring, so many needed her help. She feared if they knew she was here she would be swarmed with those requesting help and healing, only to have to disappoint them by telling them she could not end the famine, only (hopefully) give the strength to endure it.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:21 pm
Amon Larethian

Haruhi.

So. Ngaule was the lioness who helped his daughter. He nodded at her question. "I do indeed. She is my youngest daughter." Well, her and Koharu were youngest he believed. He actually didn't know when they were born in comparison to Njia's litter. He just assumed, with how fast Ruka wanted to leave the pride.

"She speaks highly of you, you know." The Captain stated suddenly. "I give you my sincerest gratitude for helping her." He didn't know what he would do if he had lost one of his children, especially if he were away on a viking.

When she said her domain, Ciro nodded. Made sense. Cubs did not have a sense of the concept, so perhaps that was what motivated Haruhi enough to live, or survive the worst of her pains.

At her question, the male gave her a sly look. "Oh? And, is there anything you'd be willing to give me in exchange for my silence?" A nice night in his den would do well.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:58 pm
Ngaule nodded to herself, that certainly explained why she had thought Ciro looked familiar when they first met. Why had she not seen it before? She must have been more tired than she thought.

"She is very kind, and far stronger than she realizes. I only helped her find the strength she already had, I only hope it will be enough until Famine leaves these lands."

Her eyes narrowed, shooting a suspicious look at the dark lion. Blackmail? Really? Really? Sigh, he was cute, and while she could have considered him a friend, she did not like him that way. Silently she lifted one paw, plucking a single feather from her wing. Her eyes closed, a voiceless thought, a brief flash of divine power. Her gaze then settled on Ciro, offering the feather.

"You can call me with this whenever you need me, or your children."

It was a rare gift from the goddess, one she did not bestow often or lightly.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:19 am
Amon Larethian

There was a sense of pride that swelled in Ciro when Ngaule said his daughter was strong. Not that he would have loved her any less.

One thing he did catch though. She said...Famine...not the famine. "This isn't a natural famine...is it?" He concluded. "One of you are doing it." There were normally signs of famine that hit the area. But this one...this one was like it came overnight. Ngaule did say there were a few gods in the land, some disguised, some not. What if the cause of it was a deity them self?

Ciro shook his head, before gazing at the feather the goddess offered.

A feather...? he thought disappointedly to himself, as he reached to grab it. His ear flickered towards her words, not quite believing that this little feather would call on her at a whim's notice. He'd probably put it with the leftover feathers Gwen had near her nest. He should clean that area up, now that he thought of it, the falcon didn't look to be coming back.

"Er---thanks...?" There was a tone of disappointment laced in Ciro's words. He gave her a look as if to say, 'You sure you wouldn't rather give up an evening alone?'  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:13 am
Nga opened her mouth as if to speak, but then closed it again in silence. Oh, she had not meant to reveal that. What would happen when the pride discovered the truth of the famine? Would they rise against him to drive him off? Would they seek to harm him? Would they succeed or would they enrage him further, bringing greater judgement on themselves. She had not thought the stubborn jackass to be a cruel god at heart, but she did not know what he was capable of.

"I'm afraid so, but I do not know how to stop it."

She looked away, trying to hide the sadness she felt. She wished she could do more, but the stubborn jackass of a god would not listen to her.

She had the sense that Ciro did not appreciate her gift, perhaps he did not believe her. There was the slightest hint of hurt in her eyes as she gazed at him, well, if he didn't want it perhaps his daughter would appreciate it, he could give it to her.

"You will see when you try it."

A faint smile, he did not give up easily did he? Yes, Ciro, she was sure.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:59 pm
Amon Larethian

That was certainly unsettling news. A goddess not able to stop this unusual Famine that was in the land. That just meant the mortals were doomed, didn’t it?

He watched her look away. She was obviously conflicted with the situation at hand.

He nodded shortly, clutching the feather in his paw. Sure. Whatever you say. his mind said. Give the Captain a break, he was just seeing a god for the first time in his life!Shaking his head, the lion turned. It was obvious what he wanted in this situation would not be happening. Instead, he bobbed his head towards the Goddess. "Don’t worry, Ngaule. Your secret is safe with me." Now was the interesting part. He had news of this plague on the land was god-born. He needed to tell Zjarri for sure about this!

He gazed to the sky. It was late, but this was important, was it not? Surely the War Lord could forgive such an intrusion at this ungodly hour.

"There’s a more secluded area that you might be able to stay in that form a bit longer towards the cliffs." Ciro advised the Survival Goddess with a glance over his shoulder, taking in her wings and antlers one more time before moving on. It left his mind reeling. Did he just experience what he thought he did? The black and purple feather clutched in his paw only cemented what he would have partook as a dream.

What was the world coming too?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:10 pm
"I am sorry."

Apologizing that she could not do more to stop the famine? Or for not telling him she was a goddess sooner? Or for disappointing him again? Most likely a combination of all three.

"And thank you."

She watched him leave, then closing her eyes with a quiet sigh. A ruffle went through her fur, wings and antlers concealed once more. She would rest a while longer, but perhaps it was best she remained disguised lest another discover here secret.

KasaiLoki
end?

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out