Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:26 pm
User Image
There were things happening that he could not explain. Strange weather, noises and lights that came from no where. Whisper of gods walking around among mortals. The last one was not exactly new, but it was becoming more and more common. As Utako was traveling closer to Myrsky Syntynyt the whisper became more and more common. It was then when he decided that he probably should avoid Myrsky Syntynyt for now. The idea of being surrounded by his fellow gods did not sit well with him. Too many gods in one place was nothing but trouble.

Instead he stayed a couple days travel from the pride. He figured that eventually he would run into a reaver from the pride and get some idea of what is happening in the pride.

There was a spot near a river that he had settled down at. Currently he laid down next to the water in his mortal form. The area was thankfully quiet except for the rushing water. So far he had seen only a couple mortals wandering around. There had yet to be one that he felt was worth his time to pursue a conversation with. But there was bound to be someone, he thought, he just had to be patient.

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:49 pm
Fairy Snails

User Image
She and her band were at least a few days out of the stormborn and with their ‘escape’ can relief. What ever curse lay upon the lands they revelled in was one of pain, exhaustion and sickness. She wasn’t really one for comraderie, or even looking after anyone but herself but when a reaving have been suggested by her captain, she was ready to leave and drag the crew with her.

This was fine for her, and having found themselves a few days out, full of food and ready to do some fighting, or theiving, or what ever else came to mind, they were resting. She had come this way before, the land was familiar and she had up and left her and for a couple of hours. Sometimes bands could be worse than saltwives with all of their chatter and gossip and it did nothing but get right on her wick.

She had refrained from drinking any of the fermented liquid that some of the other reavers carried in gourds, being inebriated out in the open was foolish, and those foolish enough to do it, well they deserved a smack form her, a few of them had earned a hard cuff as they tried to hit on her while liqured up. They’d earned her ire and quite frankly if she wasn’t supposed to be in a group she would have said sod it and struck out alone.

Verdandi strode up to the watering hole with her tail switching angrily. She didn’t even notice the male lion until she had dipped her head and took a drink of water. “Bloody hell, where did you come from?” She growled, a fierce brow raising as she eyed up the stranger.

As the lioness exclaimed her anger a large brown vulture dropped like a stone from the sky and landed on the lionesses back with a quiet thud. Norn knew the lioness would not appreciate this but she did it any way. They had an understanding and Norn was not about to change the way they interacted just because there was a stranger in front of them. “I called to you but you were so lost in your thoughts you didn’t even notice.”

The lioness growled as the bird landed heavily upon her spine, her back buckled ever so slightly. Norn never landed lightly. She turned and snapped at the bird her jaws clashing loudly “Land lighter you feckling bird! I swear I will eat you one day!” She snarled, turning her attention back to the lion before her. “Apparently you’ve been here the whole time. You smell a bit like home, are you from the stormborn? Where’s your band?” She narrowed her gaze just a bit, suspicion in her yellow eyes. She knew a few reavers that dared the rogue lands alone but most teamed up with a band even if they didn’t want to. She didn’t recognise this fellow. Maybe he wasn’t a stormborn, perhaps she was jumping to conclusions. Well, either way she wanted to know who the silent stranger was, storm born or not, he was a big guy, she wasn’t sure if she could take him if she had to fight him. Sometimes desiring some alone time was bloody dangerous. She cursed her own distracted thoughts that had walked her in to a potentially dangerous situation.  

Syrius Lionwing

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:10 am
The god was lost in his thoughts, thinking of all the strange events that he did not hear the lioness approach. After the initial startle, Utako relaxed his face and looked over at the lioness. The growl was his first sign that he should leave, but he decided against it. For now he would see how this would play out. Already he found amusement watching her and her bird bicker.

He turned his head and sniffed himself. There was not an obvious change in smells, but he guessed that he probably did not notice that change after being around here for a couple days. He looked at the lioness and gave a pleasant enough smile. “No, I don’t think I am. Unless I am forgetting that I joined.” He said with a teasing tone. “But you must be. Through my travels I have found that stormborn have the best stories to tell.”

Utako shifted to a standing position. His attention remained on the lioness, though he stayed aware of the bird. Having the attention of one or two mortals was alright. Any more then that was more annoying than amusing.

“My name is Utako. I am a traveler of sorts.” He explained. “There have been some strange happens around here, well really every where, but I heard that the stormborn have had their own… unique occurrences.” The pride was already fascinating the way it changed like the tides whenever a new leader took control. Having godly interference though was something else entirely.

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:12 am
Fairy Snails

“Strange is the understatement of the century.” She spat, his words fell on deaf ears. A traveller? Well she supposed that was fine, he smelled of lots of different places really, her nose had simply picked up on the lingering scent of home. “Yes I was born of the storm.” She smirked proudly.

“This isn’t your watering hole then? I’m going to use it.” She stated, moving towards the water though she kept a weather eye on the tan coloured male. She dipped her head and drank dislodging the bird a little from her spine, she regretted tipping her head almost immediately.

The bird dug her claws in to keep her place, her wings widening and unceremoniously catching the lionesses head on her way back up. Norn cawed a rautious laughing caw “Impatient mare, don’t dip when I am on here!’ She clicked her beak and slowly settled her wings back against her back. “You know better than to dip when you’re around another lion. Stop being cocky.”

Verdandi glared daggers at the bird. She would feel those claw marks later, though the bird had somehow managed to not break her skin, there would be bruises. Damn bird. “This stranger is clearly too idle to challenge me Norn. Sitting here contemplating the universe.” She snipped turning her attention back to the male lion now she had thoroughly stated her reason for drinking to the bird.

“The stormborn is starving. That is why we are out. I was quite frankly sick to death of my belly rumbling. The border is cursed.”  

Syrius Lionwing

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:18 pm
Utako listened thoughtfully. The lioness and her bird were an interesting pair, he thought as he watched them interact. He let out a laugh when she said that he was not going to challenge her. Fighting for fighting sake was not his style.

“It is true I have no ill intentions, bird. Though if it came down to it, I am prepared to defend myself,” he stated more for the lioness sake then the birds. The last thing he wanted was to appear too weak in front of the lioness. Usually his size was enough to intimidate others from starting something with him.

His thoughts lingered on her last words. The stormborn were starving? How could that be? It did not seem that long ago that he was there visiting. At the time they seemed to be thriving. “That is unfortunate news.” He said slowly. “You say cursed? Was there a god interfering in your lands?” Who could have done it? There were only a couple gods that he had met and only one that he could happily say that he got along with.

Such a large and prosperous pride going through hardship was nothing new. He knew stories of pride rising to greater and greater power only to collapse because of arrogance. It was the sort of thing he would have blissfully ignored a while ago. But now he had some investment in the pride and a small part of him was genuinely worried about the welling of Myrsky Syntynyt.

Unfortunately there was not much he could do, even if he exposed himself as a god.

“If you need assistance hunting, I would not mind helping. Even if we need to travel a great distance to find some prey.” Utako offered.

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:41 am
Fairy Snails

Verdandi rolled her eyes “Who the hel knows? There is food, but the prides bellies rumble constantly, the pride is sick. I won’t be going back until the damned thing clears I know that much.”

Norn eye the large male lion curiously her amber eyes resting on the male with suspicion. “You don’t know us, why would you offer to hunt, hmm?” She glared at the large tan male, turning her head to dare at him one eye at a time.

“Shut the hel up Norn!’ The lioness spat, as she moved towards the male. She was tempted to sit, to completely dislodge the bird from her spine, but this manoeuvre had caused her a pain in the past and she knew better than to move so swiftly. She and the bird were some sort of companions, she both hated and appreciated the winged beast.

“Though, I have to agree with the talking feather bag, why do you want to help us?” She pursed her lips, closing the gap between them she eyed the male, looking him up and down without any hesitation “What do you want in return?” There was never a favour given without something expected. This large male could request anything for his assistance, she might have been able to hold him off in a fight but she wasn’t foolish enough to think she could beat him in a brawl.  

Syrius Lionwing

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:52 am
“Strange things have been happening in the world lately.” Utako said bluntly. It was like the world was crashing down all at once. There were more gods walking among mortals then ever before. The way she described it made him even more certain that there was some sort of god involved. It wasn’t a secret that gods were living in Myrsky Syntynyt. He imagined it wouldn’t take much to piss one off.

At the question, Utako grinned widely and tilted his head. The lioness and bird made for such an interesting duo. “Is it not enough for me to be a good lion that you just happened to stumble upon?” He asked cheekily. Utako understood why they were questioning him. There were plenty of beings who would take advantage of the weak at their lowest. Usually he was not one of them.

“Truthfully I have made acquaintances in the pride, ones I would travel with when they were outside the pride. It is hard to imagine them suffering while I am out here thriving. If I could even do a little bit to help them, it would be worthwhile.” He explained with a hint of sincerity in his voice. “In exchange I don’t ask much, just some companionship and tales of brutal fights. Does that seem like a fair trade?”

Syrius Lionwing
Sorry for taking so long!

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces