Submit

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Thalia flew off away from her sister and search of Kat she wanted to ask her about cub sitting, so her sister Erato could go out spying with the rest of their dark siblings. Thalia didn't think spying was her thing and even if it was, it was her choice to trade jobs with Era for a while to look at the "brat" as Era had said and try this job instead of sitting around on a tree feeling sorry for herself. She started her search heading towards the savannah towards the northwest flying near the river to see if anyone was over there.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:19 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kat woke from a dream unsettled, her vision unclear but the fragments and pieces she received warranted further investigation. Something was happening, but only time would tell if the Monarch's Soul saw more clearly and brought up the information to her Queen. The red lioness could consult with her vessels and scryers, but she felt there was little need for it yet. If nothing else, Kat liked to be in control, liked to handle things on her own if at all possible. She loathed the idea of giving anyone else power just on the off chance that they would use that newfound strength against her.

The only one who reigned supreme over Katiti'manina was the Queen. Kat lived for her, and she would die for her. But, that did not mean she had no possessions that would do the same for her. "I do say that is your twin headed our way, Melpomene," the Monarch's Soul commented slyly. Her blue eyes had cast above to see the white raven, barely discernible against the billowing clouds. Such a useful creature, pure white and magnificent. Kat had always liked having the bird as a part of her... collection.

But, she had not been expecting Thalia, and handing the issue off to Melpomene was her subtle way of saying 'figure it out'.

Melpomene was rarely seen away from her mistress these days, acting as a liaison between Katiti'manina and her ravens. The only reason Melpomene would leave Kat's side was if she were assigned to a particular task. The all black raven was the one bird no lion wanted to have watching their movements. It meant that Kat's attention was solely focused on them, so the fact that Melpomene was by Kat's side now meant there was little unrest within the pride.

Everything was going smoothly. Melpomene had her raven companions in their assigned positions... or at least she thought she had until she saw her very own sister flying towards them. Perhaps Thalia had something important to discuss. "I will collect her," she told her mistress before taking flight into the air. The gold necklace around her neck shimmered underneath the sun.

"Come down, Thalia. Our master is willing to speak with you." It was a quick summons, without the friendliness that one would associate with family. No, this was business, it was always business with Kat and Melpomene.

Midnightglow18

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:28 pm
Krysin

Thalia flew along with Melpomene her twin, though her twin was black as the night where she was white as. Well, she couldn't think was anything purely white. There was a great deal of red in there home. Thalia wasn't worried about speaking her business to both Kat and Melpomene it was a normal part of life, they came as a pair. "It is a simple matter, at least I hope Kat sees it that way." Thalia said. She didn't want to get herself or Era in trouble for her request. Even though it had been Era's idea in the first place.

She flew down and then ruffled her feathers to get them into a comfortable position before she bowed her head to address their mistress. "I wish to request a switch in.." She paused searching for the right word for what she was asking. Job didn't feel like the right work. "Tasks..." She nodded to herself that sounded correct. "Era wishes to join the others spying and I would like to look after you cub if that would be possible." She said trying to make her words firm and confident. Though she didn't feel firm and confident at the moment.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:42 pm
Kat watched as Melpomene returned to her side with her sister in tow. The pure black raven landed on her mistress' shoulder, the weight of the bird nothing to the massive red lioness. Her Firekin heritage showed, and she carried herself with the confidence and even swagger of a lioness who was in the prime of her life. While she relied on more mystic measures to secure her place within the Ukuhlwa'izwe, it was clear that in a battle Kat could more than hold her own.

But, a physical fight was not what Thalia was flying into. There were darker games at play here. The request from Thalia was shocking, not because of its simplicity but because it was the first time any of her ravens had judged her decisions. She felt the nervous ruffle of Melpomene's feathers - concern for her sister? Hardly. "Thalia, dear. If Erato has complaints about her position, I am curious as to why she has not come to address me personally," Kat purred.

The smile upon her face could appear genuine, but that was all part of the game. Appear kind, appear generous, but always exert dominance. "Are you dissatisfied with your position? Have I erred in my placement with you?" Katiti'manina did not make mistakes.

"Do you not believe I have placed Erato where she would be most successful, and you where you would be most successful?"

Melpomene returned to her rightful place upon Kat's shoulder, sure that her twin only had a quick request that would not take up too much of their precious time. What Thalia then brought up shocked Melpomene. The raven stiffened, her red eyes focusing on her albino twin. What was Thalia thinking? Surely she understood that such a simple request posed a far deeper problem - dissent.

She turned her head into her wing, preening for a few moments to hide her shock. The words that came from Kat's mouth were entirely expected. Over the years the lioness and bird had bonded well. They knew of each other almost as sisters, and Melpomene was well aware of the games Kat could and would play.

"I am sure she does not mean it that way, mistress." She defended Thalia, though not for Thalia's sake. No, she had to make her ravens believe that she was still on their side. It was a delicate balance, maintaining order within her flock and seeing to Katiti'manina's will. But, she was payed handsomely for it. The gold necklace around her throat was evidence of that.

Midnightglow18

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:53 pm
Krysin

Well, this wasn't going as Thalia had hoped this would be a simple matter she wanted to try something different so she could serve her mistress usefully and not be a failure to the family. She took a deep breath and then nodded to her sister and then turned back to her mistress. "Mistress I do not wish to question your judgment, perhaps you can tell me why you chose me as a spy? I am not as wise as you, so forgive a foolish youth for not understanding the task you have set before me. Why I am better suited to spying then cub sitting since I do not have the coloring to hide like the rest of my family." She lowered her eyes to show Kat the respect she was due.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:33 pm
Though it had not been Thalia's intention to question Kat, it was exactly what she had ended up doing. Kat was not a forgiving lioness, but she knew well how to get those around her to do her bidding. Once upon a time she bad been a careless young lioness with no skill or grace. But, that time had long since passed. "Thalia," and the way Kat said the raven's name could have sent chills down one's spine, "I do not understand why you have such a lack of faith in me. If you truly trusted my judgment then you would believe that you are well-suited for your job."

It was not an answer to Thalia's question, but the raven should have expected to never receive one. This conversation was purely on Kat's terms. She had decided to speak with Thalia, and she would decide the flow of conversation. This no longer was about a simple request, but rather about Kat exerting her control over what she believed to be an inferior creature.

Yes, the ravens had their value. But their ancestors were not counted among the stars. They had no one above to look to for guidance, and so Kat would be their guide in life. It was the least she could do for them. "You must manage your words, dear. You can mean to say one thing, but imply so many others."

All things considered, Melpomene thought that Katiti'manina was taking Thalia's request rather well. The bird had witnessed many of Kat's moods, and while Kat was certainly being tested in this moment she did not show the depths of her irritation. Melpomene could see it, though - she always had been able to. The raven was very in tune with her mistress.

She listened to Kat speak, and when it seemed like her mistress was finished she clicked her beak together to get her twin's attention. "Thalia, just trust that you are doing a fine job, and that you have not let us down yet. Keep to your station and make regular reports, and all will be well."

Midnightglow18

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:02 pm
Krysin

Thalia was so not telling Era the outcome of this conversation, she had sent her into the thorn bush of trouble, it had been her idea to switch jobs which had gotten her in this mess, to begin with. She was angry with her sister, though she had suggested ways for her to be a better spy or that she was already a good one since she was white where all her siblings were black. Perhaps others would be less likely to think of her as being one of Kat's spies. Thalia bowed her head. "I will do as you wish Kat." She looked to her twin. "Alright, I will." She said getting ready to fly away she needed to find some information to show Kat she was a good spy.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:47 am
Even if Thalia believed that the subject was settled, Kat was not one to forget even the subtlest signs of disobedience. She had not tolerated it with her own cubs, and had ended up chasing them all away because of it. In time, one would think she would have learned from her mistakes. But, she took less care with the ravens. After all, she had Melpomene to ease any possible friction. So far, Thalia was the only raven to show unease with her post. That would have to be fixed in the future to keep more trouble from cropping up.

All in good time. For now, it was enough that Thalia had dropped the subject and decided to submit herself to Kat's will. "Yes, you will."

The language was firm and unyielding, making it as clear as day that Kat could not be gone up against. Her ravens were the most loyal to her, and she could not allow the seeds of discontent to take root. "Return to your post, Thalia. I expect a report daily to your sister, and more often than that if anything unusual happens." Kat rarely dealt with the ravens herself, after all.

Melpomene watched her twin sister carefully, red eyes focused on the white raven. Her expression was stoic and neutral, knowing that here she had to take Kat's side. She could smooth things over with Thalia later if she had to, but she imagined Kat would have some ideas of her own before the day was over. In time, her sister would learn that it was better to go with the flow.

This was the way things were, and the ravens were paid handsomely for their service. They had the protection of the Outlands and a bounty of trinkets that would make other birds jealous. Melpomene had nearly been raised and trained for this, and she would not let her sister ruin the good life she had built for the flock.

"Mind yourself, sister. Do our flock proud."

Midnightglow18

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:27 am
Krysin

Thalia wasn't angry with Kat or Melpomene, she was only angry with Era who had suggested this stupid idea in the first place and she wouldn't be telling her sister of this she could get in her own mess for not watching the cub. Since she had sent Thalia on this doomed request in the first place. She did have to wonder what trouble the cub would get into without someone watching them. She nodded her head to Kat and Melpomene there was nothing else that needed to be said she flew off to her post. She would report and she would do her best she was one of Kat's birds failure was not a choice.

(Fin?)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:09 pm
Kat watched as Thalia flew off and back to her post, and as the bird's white figure disappeared into the distance the mask Kat wore over her features slowly slipped away. The calm, holier-than-tho demeanor seemed to shatter now that no one else's eyes were upon them. Irritation lined her features. This had been a waste of her time, and she did not like the idea of her ravens starting to fall out of line.

"You will keep an eye on her, Melpomene."

The order was final, and Kat knew there would be no disobedience from her favorite raven. They were in this together, and at the core of their beings they were two peas in a pod. Melpomene acted as Kat's unyielding support, and Kat provided the raven and her flock all the luxuries she could afford to provide.

The large red lioness rose back onto her feet and moved back towards her dens. She had more important things to think about than a rebellious raven. Melpomene was more than capable of handling her sister.

Melpomene knew it was coming the moment Thalia flew off. This was not a conversation that had ended yet between herself and her mistress. The order came, short and sweet, but Melpomene understood all of its implications. She would not fail Katiti'manina, even if it meant keeping a closer eye upon her wayward sister.

She knew Thalia was just trying to find her way, but now was not the time to question one's place in life. "Of course, my mistress," Melpomene agreed solemnly. As Katiti'manina retreated back to her dens, Melpomene took flight to take care of a few personal matters.

Midnightglow18
fin!

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out