[SRP] Bittersweet (Rhuthro and Tshala)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:50 pm
Rhuthro was always nervous when his travels brought him home. Not that he expected any ill receiving, of course. The fallohides were well liked among the pride and something of local celebrities, a perk that Rhuth enjoyed very much. He was quite charismatic, after all, and enjoyed the attention. He flattered himself a clever lion, one who could handle any situation, speak to anyone. With one exception: Tshala.

There was something about the Master Farmer that tarnished his silver tongue and dulled his sharp wit. It wasn't anything that he could really put his paw on either. Tshala wasn't an exceptional beauty, though they she was considered charming enough. Perhaps it was simply the fact that she treated him differently than the others did. She didn't simper and flirt or try to cozy up to him. She treated him exactly the same every time: with distracted condescension that both aggravated and intrigued him.

Still, he persisted. Perhaps this time would be different and he would be able to impress her. In his travels, he'd been able to trade for some rare seeds to bring back to her. If there was anything that could win over the Master Farmer, it was plants.

He approached the fields with diffidence, taking care not to tread on any of the plantings, and called out casually for her.

"Master Farmer, are you in?"

His voice caught the attention of some of the farmers nearby who turned and smiled at the Fallohide, though they were clearly too well disciplined to break away from their tasks to converse with the newly returned Rhuth.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:57 pm
Tshala's attention was focused clearly on her plants and she hummed contentedly to herself as she oversaw the plantings in the fields. Things seemed to be going well and she looked forward to a good brew once the sun went down. All of that content shattered abruptly as she heard a familiar, and yet dreaded voice call from nearby.

She turned and glared distractedly at the Fallohide. She'd thought he was off on one his travels and had enjoyed being free from his distractions. It wasn't that she disliked Rhuthro or anything like that. She merely detested the way that the other pride members lavished attention on him simply for his position and she disliked the fact that he clearly enjoyed and basked in that affection. There wasn't anything that great about being a Fallohide, after all. Yes, he was able to travel and his position was important in that he could negotiate and trade with allied prides. Still, Tshala didn't really see the appeal. She enjoyed staying right where she was with her plants and her fields.

"Well, well, Fallohide Rhuthro. I see you made it home once again?" she called out snidely as she strolled over to where he stood. She kept a sharp eye on the other workers nearby who were suddenly very involved in their tasks and clearly paying them no attention at all.

"What brings you to my fields, Rhuth?" she asked bluntly. "Surely there are others you wish to visit who don't have so much work to do."

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:55 pm
Rhuth couldn't help but cringe at her caustic tone. Still, he had to persevere. He'd always managed to win everyone over to his side before. Surely he could do it this time as well. He just needed to try harder. He would win her over somehow and then she wouldn't be on his mind so often.

He smiled his most charming and disarming grin, the one that usually caused lionesses to simper and clamor at him.

"Tshala, it is good to see you again as well! Indeed, I made it safely there and back again."

He reached into the small pack he carried around his neck while he traveled and carefully removed the bundle of seeds with his teeth. They were wrapped in a large leaf and he had made sure to treat them with the utmost care so they would not spill.

"I brought you some seeds," he said casually, as if it was nothing. "They were traded to me by one of the far prides and I thought perhaps they were something you might not have."

He kept his tone light and bored, though inwardly he hoped she was impressed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:02 am
Tshala was already growing weary of the conversation and her mind had moved back to her plants and the things that she needed to complete before the end of the day. She really didn't have time to waste speaking to Rhuth. However, her mind snapped immediately back to attention at the word seeds.

"Seeds?" she asked excitedly despite herself. She hurried closer, gaze locked on the small packet made out of a large leaf. It was clever wrapping and when she gently eased it open with her paw, she saw the seeds were intact. Furthermore they were not ones that she was used to seeing. She would have to carefully tend them and see what grew.

"Interesting, very interesting. Good color and size," she murmured to herself as she sifted through them with care. Realizing that she was talking to herself, she paused and turned her attention back to the Fallohide.

"Ah..." she stated a bit awkwardly, "er, thank you. These appear to be quite unique. Do you know anything about them?"

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:06 am
Rhuthro grinned, absolutely delighted with Tshala's reaction to the seeds. It was everything he could have hoped for. The female was clearly excited and he watched as she analyzed them. He was so focused on her that he started slightly when she turned her attention back to him.

"Ah! Er, actually, no...." he admitted, bashfully. Truthfully, the other pride he had traded with had explained what the seeds were, but he hadn't paid that close attention with the other things that had been going on at the time and now he couldn't remember a thing.

"My apologies, Master Farmer," he said, tail drooping a bit with disappointment. "Oh, I do seem to recall that they shouldn't receive too much direct sunlight. They flourish best in the shade. That is all I remember."

He really should have paid better attention but the seeds had been only one thing that he had traded for and there had been a great deal of conversation going on around him. He wished he remembered more to tell her. But Tshala was smart and surely she would find a way to grow the mystery seeds.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:11 am
Tshala quite liked a challenge especially when it came to plants, so the lack of information about the seeds was almost a positive. There were quite a few of them, so she could plant a few at a time and experiment with water and soil, and other conditions until she got the best result.

"That is quite good to know, actually. Must be something rare. Most plants crave sunlight. How interesting!" she exclaimed, carefully wrapping the seeds back up.

Remembering just who her company was and that she had already spent far too much of her time conversing when she should be working, she pushed her excitement away and her tone turned more formal once again.

"Thank you for the seeds, Fallohide. I appreciate the gift from the other pride."

She carefully gathered up the packet and turned to get back to her fields.

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:02 pm
Rhuth was a little taken back by Tshala's abrupt dismissal. Disappointed too. But she did have fields to tend to and he had other pride members to visit. Friends who enjoyed his company. Still, it would have been nice to stay and talk with her more. He wished that he could find a way to get through to her. He really thought that the seeds would have worked.

"Ah, okay," he called after her. "Well, it was good to see you. I hope you enjoy the seeds."

He turned and began to walk away, cursing his fool tongue. He was always so charming with everyone else. The only one he couldn't charm was the one he most wanted to.

She didn't really seem to share his attraction.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:08 pm
Tshala wasn't the best at reading others, but even she could hear the disappointment in Rhuth's voice and it was enough to make her turn and gaze after him as he walked away. There was something about him. No matter how many times she rebuffed him, he still always returned. And this time, he'd even brought her seeds. Gone out of his way to bring them straight to her. It made her feel bad for brushing him off. Maybe she could give him a chance.

Before she knew what she was doing, she was calling after him.

"Hey, Rhuth! You did just get back. Fancy a bowl tonight? I haven't enjoyed a good brew in awhile and I'm sure there will be plenty of us there to celebrate your homecoming."

She stated it casually. A group setting would make this interaction less awkward.

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:12 pm
Rhuth could not have been more surprised to hear her call after him. He hadn't expected that at all. What was more surprising was the invitation to join her for a brew. It was clearly a casual invitation, but his heart leapt nonetheless.

"Absolutely," he called back to her with a grin, trying not to look to pleased. "A brew sounds excellent after all that traveling," he added, attempting to match her laid-back tone.

"I have a few things to check in on, but I guess I will see you there."

With lifted spirits and a sense of joyful anticipation, Rhuthro hurried to his den so he could finish his duties and get on with the evening.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:37 pm
Tshala shook her head as she watched the green male vanish from her fields. Something told her she was going to regret this. Still, she'd turned down his advances for so long and still he respectfully persisted. Perhaps she should give him a chance. After all, she couldn't just stay in the fields for the rest of her life.

She'd always lived with strong ambition, but she'd acheived the goals she'd given herself as a cub. She was Master Farmer and held a position of respect and authority that she'd coveted and worked hard for. Maybe it was time for a new dream.

She smiled quietly to herself as she pictured her next stage in life. She was the best at nurturing plants, so she knew she'd make a good mother.

All this could wait until later though. Until then, she had plants and fields that needed attention.

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

[IC] Sûzat Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces