[PRP] The snobby prince

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:02 pm
The lands were definitely different than what Memeha was use to. Instead of the constant moisture in the air, or the afternoon showers, the land was dry. Instead of her paws sinking in murky mud, they ended up kicking up dust. It had taken the pale lioness quite sometime to get use to it, although it seemed her friend and children had grown accustomed to the terrain much faster than she had.

Well duh. She grew up here. Meme reminded herself, as she stalked through the lands. She had acquired the rank 'unbranded' but had yet to actual show her dueling skills. That didn't change from the Stormborn. Meme was definitely not a fighter, so she was willing to just do the necessary training and become whatever the pride considered a hunter, or maybe something more specialized for her other sight should she completely figure out how to use it.

Sighing, the lioness moved over the plains, finding a small spot to settle. They didn't need to train 24 hours a day, right?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

He was still getting used to these lands. He had not been born in them, but he had always known that he was destined to be here. His siblings carried themselves with so much more purpose than Isigidi, but he experienced the same wonder at the sight of the Ukulhwa'izwe as they all had. The youngest prince had been raised out in the rogue lands with his siblings, but they had all been raised and trained to be the best that they could be.

But, Isigidi knew his role well. He was the fourth son with no hopes of inheriting the throne. That alone gave him freedom and liberty to do as he pleased, since he hardly had anyone to impress but his mother (which was nearly impossible to do to begin with). He had long ago decided to be among the strongest of the pride, and had plummeted himself head-first into dueling and battling. He had to be strong enough to protect the legacy of Scar.

And he was strong, but also brattish, impudent, and slightly obsessive.

He was enjoying the sight of his home when he noticed a pale lioness in the distance. Ah, that was the one who had returned with the seer the Monarch's Soul had so badly wanted. The extra little tag-along who had yet to prove her worth to the Outlands. Curious, he made his way over to the lioness. "Lounging around at this time of day?"

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:23 pm
Krysin

The one thing Meme learned in an area that wasn't plagued by storms, was the sun hurt with lack of shade. Her pelt at paled from a beautiful tan brown, to the almost colorless one that surrounded her body. With lack of shade from clouds, she found herself becoming burned. Redness could be seen in some areas on her pelt. She did not like that feeling whatsoever.

An ear flickered towards the approaching male. Oh. It was him. The one her and Ruka had met the first day arriving. What was his name?

It was obvious Memeha hadn't paid too much attention during the meeting. The way the male portrayed himself on that meeting was just a turnoff in general to the female. She lifted her head from her paw, glancing at him curiously.

"Indeed. That's not a crime in these lands I hope." She stated, not bothering to rise to her feet to greet the youngest Prince.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:32 pm
It was hard for Isigidi to ignore the disrespect the lioness showed him. After all, he was a member of the greatest lineage of them all. Yes, he was the youngest son of Queen Ashiki, but that hardly made him any less royal than his older siblings. A frown darkened his features for a moment as he weighed his options with the female. He didn't want to be hostile towards a new member (though she was only an unbranded).

"Have you taken the time to learn anything of it?" he asked her, assuming she had not. If she had, she would have at the very least risen to her feet to greet him or addressed him properly. This was not the first time they had met, and being a rogue before she had excuses. Being an Unbranded meant she had far less.

"Anyways, I did not think the Monarch's Claw would be so lax in making sure the Unbranded are properly trained. Unless you received a reprieve for the day?" Though, that would be surprising. He was curious to see what the impudent female was up to.

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:39 pm
"I've learned some." Meme retorted. "It seems pretty much the same as what my former pride members went through. They prided themselves on having the blood of War and Warriors flow through them." In Meme's mind, that couldn't be all possible, or else the entire pride would be related in some form or another.

Ah, the Monarch's Claw. She had met the brute briefly one day, but hadn't seen much of him the past few days. "I guess you could call it a reprieve for the day. The Monarch's Claw hasn't shown up for the past two days. Something about an injury to his apprentice?" The female shrugged, finally rising to her feet. It didn't look like this male would be leaving, so her getting a nice nap was out of the question.

"Or maybe I am just that good to not be bothered with formal training?" The lioness smirked, an obvious joking tone towards the Prince. "Surely you have other duties around here than questioning? Or, is being so slow on the royal chain not have any sort of perks to it?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:51 pm
"It is not so much that we all have to be perfect warriors, but we all need the skills necessary to defend ourselves and our pride." Not everyone was cut out to be a Scar or Shield, and many had sorted into the other factions once their battle capabilities had been proven. But, Memeha had not proven so yet, no matter what pride she originally had hailed from.

"An injury to... his apprentice," Isigidi answered dubiously. He had met the Monarch's Claw only briefly, but he did not seem like the type of lion to neglect his duties. This was news to Isigidi, but he left the information gathering to the Monarch's Soul. His mother and Katiti'manina handled information like weapons, and if there was no reason for him to know they would not share it with him.

Whatever Ebbe was doing, Isi still felt like it was wrong to neglect one's duty to the pride for an apprentice.

He tilted his head towards her as she tried to joke around with him. His siblings and himself had never been so adept at joking around. Isi wasn't quite sure how he was supposed to react to Meme. Instead, he flicked his tail and glanced away back over the scope of the Outlands. Eh, no one else was around anyways. He didn't see any of Katiti's birds, either. So... what was the harm?

He smiled a toothy smile, "Well, if you're so good, how about you come and prove it to me?" He was deflecting a little - he didn't want to answer her latest question.

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:00 pm
"Surely not everyone has the skills required to defend. Others could be better suited in other places in the pride. Rearing young, making sure they are fed, all that good stuff." Meme inquired, frowning. She was far from a fighter one could say. She could protect herself if needed, but it didn't mean she was very good at it. It was a reason she was a homebody in the Myrsky Syntynyt lands.

"Hey, I don't question things." She shrugged. "It's been nice not having his hard a** watching every move you make." It was like having another parent watching her, making sure she wasn't getting in trouble.

"The...what do they call them here, Claws?" She had been in the pride for a bit now, she should know the terminology of the ranks by now, "have been watching. It's not like there is total anarchy."

An eyebrow lifted as he questioned her. Look what you got yourself into, Meme.

She blinked, "Er. That's okay. I wouldn't want to mark that pretty pelt of yours..."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:15 pm
"But their time as an Unbranded can still help them defend if it is necessary. We'd have no unskilled lions within the Ukulhwa'izwe. Yes, many of them switch into other areas, but I do expect a Guide to fight as fiercely as a Claw if the situation demands it." They were a pride that tried to be prepared for anything that came their way. The disaster that had nearly destroyed their homelands could have ruined them, but they still bounced back despite that tragedy. Now, more than ever, they could defend these lands and return them to their full glory.

"If you apply yourself fully to it, time will pass by quickly. It's only a couple months of training." In comparison, Isigidi had endured years of it. But, that was to be expected from the son of Ashiki.

He couldn't quite hide the look of disappointment on his face when she backed down from his offer. Perhaps he could still try to coax her into a little fight. It wasn't like he wanted to hurt her - it would be good for her training! "A pelt is prettier when adorned by scars," Isi answered her with an amused smirk. Upon his pelt was a variety of small scars he had earned in his time outside of the Outlands.

"But, it's nice of you to say my pelt is pretty." He winked at her. It was a little over the top, but he was sort of hoping she'd take it offensively and want to spar with him then.

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:24 pm
"Wouldn't you think it would be an ill choice to have a..Guide fight alongside a Claw with no other training than what they had when they first joined?" Another frown on her maw, or perhaps the same one she had just increased in size. "That just sounds like a good way to get someone killed in my opinion," he hadn't asked for it, but she gave it anyways.

Oh how badly she wanted to flop on the ground. "Apply myself fully to it?" She couldn't help but giggle. "I have applied myself enough I think." It was clear her mind was not that of a warrior. "I would prefer to use my skills or talents elswhere." Thank you very much. she added silently. "I'll do whatever is requested from the Monarch's Claw or one of his generals, but don't expect me to go out of my way to prove myself more than I have too."

The look of disappointed that crossed his face confused the female slightly. "Maybe the bigger ones," she finally gazed at his own. "Doesn't seem like you've endured too much battle yourself." Unlike the Monarch's Claw, who had deep scars, the little ones Isigidi were just babies in comparison.

"Oh, don't take it that much to heart Prince." How to tell she couldn't remember his name, calling him by the title. "I have seen a few with the same coloration as you, so you aren't too unique with it." Did he just wink at her?

"Really?" She was not amused.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:00 pm
"If the time ever came, would you rather that Guide lay down and die instead? Flee and abandon their pride? In dire straits, we expect all to be able to fight." That was why the training now was so necessary! Everyone in the Outlands needed to know how to defend themselves. Their lands could be tough at times, and conflict seemed to come naturally to the Outlands. He did not doubt that at some point in the future every pride member would have to show the world what they were made of.

"...How dull," he admitted with a little frown. Of course, he was a bit of a battle-hungry lunatic, and could not imagine coasting by in any training. His own mother would not have allowed it. He did not have to be the best, but he was expected to apply himself to any task that was assigned to him. "Your time and attention is expected to be with your current duties - I do not see why you would not try your hardest in them. Sure, it is not your interest, but these lessons are valuable."

Isigidi shrugged his shoulders, not too worried about what she thought of his scars. He would earn more in time, plenty more. "I am young yet, best you enjoy my nearly pristine pelt while it still exists." He was definitely the most beat up of his siblings. His addiction to dueling had definitely left its mark on the youngest prince.

He chuckled, the sound oddly light but carried so much depth. "Any would be honored to bear the same colors as my ancestor, Scar." The lioness was not naive, but she did not know the ways of the pride completely yet. In time, he hoped she would not be so oblivious.

KasaiLoki

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:08 pm
Krysin

"I would rather a Guide get others to safety, the young and elderly who are unable to fight." The lioness countered, a small growl behind her tone.

Meme couldn't help but shrug towards Isigidi. "Maybe those who know the history of your pride would want that." She had said quietly. Her genetics were completely different than what she had seen before. She faded as she grew older, and the same could happen for any children she could carry.

"I'd enjoy it more though if you turned around and left me be." The lioness dropped back to the ground, no longer needing for pleasantries with the male. She wanted to enjoy the time she had not training to rest. It was something that she knew wouldn't come by once the Monarch's Claw decided to return to his work.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:00 pm
"Well, then bring it up with my mother, if she'll have an audience with you," Isigidi replied shortly. He was a prideful male, and while he could appreciate a feisty female... this one was just so much. He was not used to anyone countering his ideals. After all, he was raised around like-minded individuals.

"I could always direct you to someone who can teach you," he offered anyways. Isigidi didn't believe she would take him up on it. The female seemed to want little to do with him now, though it puzzled him as to why. He was not a bad dude - he was the youngest prince, the one with the least amount of responsibility and the one who was predisposed into getting into trouble. He thought he was pretty fun.

Stupidly prideful, but not stupid.

"Whatever you want, princess." The roll of his eyes signaled his sarcasm even if it weren't dripping so heavily from his words. With an irritated flick of his tail, the male turned around to head back into the heart of the pride and away from the tempestuous female.

KasaiLoki

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas