Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:41 pm
User Image

Dragging her claws firmly acros a nearby rock, the high pitched screech giving her an odd sense of satisfaction, Hila sighed. She wasn't sure what was going on, but she was hungry all the time lately, no matter how much she ate. If she was honest, she felt hungry even when she was eating - and she'd been eating a lot.

So, not being one to dwell on something that didn't seem able to be resolved, she was trying her best to ignore it...with varying degrees of success. And so it was that she found herself pacing, not far from her mother's den, tail lashing from side to side.

KasaiLoki
Sorry for taking so long to start this up!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:13 am
Vashtya

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

She was told to stay put, but did she ever listen? Only to her mother. And right now, her mother was off on a two week viking. This meant Haruhi could do what she wanted, and did not need to listen to any thralls that were instructed to watch the litter of eight.

Haruhi knew something was right, but she couldn't quite put her paw on it. It seemed no matter how much she ate, there was no forgiving the hunger pains that dwelled in the pit of her stomach. Her siblings seemed to be experiencing this as well. Maybe it was the particular food they were eating, or perhaps it was just the thought of not having their mother around. Whatever it was, Haru didn't dwell on it too much.

Her eyes scanned the area down the path she was traveling. It wasn't too far from her mother's den, but it was in eye sight. She spotted a dark female and smirked. Ah, someone to play with.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:46 am
Spotting a (semi) familiar face, Hila changed direction, moving toward the other cub, raising an eyebrow at the smirk. "It's a good day to die," she said slowly, mimicking what she'd heard other lions saying to one another in greeting.

Trying to remember if they had ever introduced themselves (there had been a lot of cubs running around, the last time she'd seen the other cub), she decided to attempt manners "I'm Hila. What's your name?"

KasaiLoki
I am so sorry for the awful & slow post xD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:14 pm
Vashtya
You are good XD

The winged lioness blinked, hearing the familiar greeting. It was such an odd thing to say, Haruhi could never understand it.

"Er...Likewise?" the female said, blinking and shaking her head. She'd learn. Her father never used those terms, and her mother being of rogue descent neither.

"I am Haruhi," she sat on the ground, slightly hunched as a small rumble hit her belly. "I swear, I just ate, yet I am hungry again. I don't know what's wrong with me." She muttered, golden eyes peering at Hila. "You look familiar. Were you...at that big gathering?" Sure Haruhi hadn't really mingled with many at family meeting turned cub gathering, but she was sure she saw this female. Or...maybe someone similar. There were so many cubs it was hard to keep track of.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:02 pm
Hila made a face, sitting down as well with a nod of agreement. "Yeah, same for me! I eat until my stomach hurts, but still feel hungry, as well." She wrinkled her nose with a cranky expression. "So I'm trying to ignore it, now."

Nodding, she flashed her bright teeth in a small, smirky grin. "Yeah, I was! I thought i'd seen you before! There were a lot of cubs there, though, and I didn't stay too long - I went off to play Captain and Reavers with one of the cubs I met there."

That had ended up being fun, although she'd been on the fence about it at the time. "It was pretty chaotic, with so many cubs trying to pick fights with each other, though." this was said with a shrug.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:52 pm
Vashtya

Haruhi hmphed.

"Ohh yeah. With that other lion who thought he would be the boss of everyone." Haruhi didn't remember the name of the other male, but she remembered the greeting. He had said something like he was their Captain. Haruhi would be her own Captain! She didn't need to listen to anyone like that, even if it was all in fun and games.

How there ended up being so many cubs in one area, Haru couldn't remember what led up to it. She was arguing with her sister...that was pretty much all she remembered. Curse these hunger pains messing with her mind.

"It was fun? Really?" She frowned somewhat. "It didn't seem like fun when he came up." Maybe next time the lioness would join in.

"What was the cub's name?" She would have to know it for the future.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:01 pm
Hila laughed out loud, nodding. To be fair, she hd found him pretty obnoxious at first, as well...but, he'd been less so, when they'd wandered off to play. "That was so annoying, wasn't it? But yeah! He wasn't as bossy as he seemed like he would be, at first." This was said with a small shrug. "I went because the game sounded fun, and if he had been really bossy, I could always leave."

Plus, while she didn't say it, she was going to be a captain herself, one day, so she wanted to learn as much as she could before then, even if it was just play.

"His name is Kafele," she replied, likely only recalling it now since he was the only one she'd actually learned the name of, that day.

"Do you have any brothers and sisters? What kind of games do you play?" She asked after a moment. She spent more time out wandering around than she did at the den playing with her own siblings, but was curious nonetheless.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:43 pm
Vashtya

Haruhi nodded, listening to the other. "Kafele." She repeated, another affirmative nod at Hila.

"Do I have brothers and sisters? Oh...I have so many! There's...Enkeli and Koharu...and Brokk and Eiran...Morana...Reyna...Sefu." She felt as if there were other siblings her parents didn't tell her about, but she didn't question. "Oh. Javik, if you count him..He's a vulture though, so not really a real brother."

Haruhi smiled. "So there's always someone to play with if anything! Although, playing with family could be a little boring. They never want to do the same things." She explaiend.

"Do you have any siblings?" She tried to remember if the cub was with siblings at their little get together or not.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:45 am
KasaiLoki

Hila's eyes widened slightly as Haruhi started naming off all her siblings. "That is a lot!" She said after a moment, thinking of her much smaller group of two siblings.

When the other cub continued though, her expression cleared into a small, smirky-grin. So, some things were the same, even with a lot more in the way of siblings.

"It's the same for me - it's hard to do fun stuff with siblings when you can't ever agree about it." At this, her smirk shifted to an expression of disapproval, before she shook her head once, as if forcefully redirecting her thoughts.

"I have two - a brother and a sister." she replied "So not nearly as many as you do - I don't spend much time at the den, though..." she seemed to hesitate, then forged on. "My brother, Orm, was there with all the other cubs" they hadn't arrived together, but she didn't mention that.

"It doesn't seem like anyone feels like doing much of anything, let alone playing, lately either..." to be fair, when she let herself dwell on how wretchedly hungry she was, she didn't, either.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:36 pm
Vashtya

"Isn't it! Like. I don't think I have seen ANY other families with as many siblings as I do. Must be something with my parents or something." Haruhi shrugged.

"RIGHT. Enkeli is okay most of the time. " Her gold eyes lit up as Hila spoke of her own siblings. "Wow, I'd like to just have a brother and sister sometime." She grinned. "No fighting over the hind legs then I bet!" Meal time was always crazy with a litter of eight cubs.

"I'm not allowed to leave the den much unless mom or dad's home. I am only out now because Astrid took me for a bit when I wasn't feeling well. The thrall Luamei didn't know what she was doing." There were still hunger pains in the small cubs form, but they weren't as prevalent as before. Perhaps it was all thanks to Ngaule, whom she had met just a day prior?

"I hope everyone starts getting active again. Maybe when my parents get home from their viking things will be better. It seemed all this started just as they left.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:22 pm
KasaiLoki

Hila almost laughed. Almost. The othercub definitely had a point, though.

"Fighting doesn't tend to be in short supply," she replied drily. "But at least there's less siblings to have it out with..."

She bilinked, not sure what that would even be like. "Huh. My mom doesn't mind...actually, she sort of seems to prefer we go out exploring and figuring stuff out."

"I agree, though. Even if a lot of them don't get along, at least they keep things interesting," Hila observed. At the continuation of Haruhi's thought, Hila hesitated before asking "...Do you think they will have heard something about it while out a-viking?"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:36 pm
Vashtya

Haruhi shrugged. Njia wasn't born in the pride, and had grown up with different traditions than what the Stormborn had. Perhaps that was why the parenting styles differentiated between the two cubs? Her mom had Javik, and Haruhi had yet to see another lion in the pride with an avian (or any other for that matter) companion.

She blinked at Hila's next question. "Maybe?" She paused, thinking. "I really don't know. Have other bands gone out since this started? I feel like that would be the only way they would know about.'' If her parents knew about the famine, they would likely cut their Viking short and head home. Wouldn't they?

The winged female sighed. She did hope they would return soon. She liked Astrid and all, but the adult wasn't her parents.

"I guess we can only wait and see at this point." The cub stated, trying to give Hila the best smile she could. "Hey. Wanna go see if we can find this Kafele lion?" Sure she was suppose to go in soon, but, maybe Astrid would understand if she knew she was out playing?  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:46 am
KasaiLoki
Do we want to wrap this up here, or have them potentially get into trouble while going looking? XD

Now it was Hila's turn to blink. "I'm...not sure." Her face scrunched up slightly as she tried to recall if she'd seen any reaver groups leave since everything started (or return, for that matter). "I don't think so? You're right though, they would have no way to know, otherwise..."

Smiling back at Haruhi, Hila nodded. "Sure! If we can find him, he'll probably be willing to play, too!"

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games