[PRP] Save Her (Na'ani x Ku'san)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Help!" a pale cub squeaked as she ran through the center of the pride. Adults seemed to ignore her pleas because they knew that no one could help her. The pride was afflicted by a terrible curse, and now of all times she could not find her father. He hadn't been gone long, but in the time since his disappearance things had changed. Na'ani felt it even now, the clawing hunger that ceased to be satisfied. Her mother had tried to continue nursing her daughters to try and supplement their meals, but nothing seemed to work.

Now things were really bad.

Her mother was very ill and very frail. Yhe had always been a delicate lioness, a trait she had passed on to her twin daughters. Na'ani was notably smaller than many cubs her age, and did not nearly have the same bite that most youth in the pride had. The only reason she was a freeborn was because her father had developed a soft spot for her mother. Na'ani did not know that, though. She only knew that her father loved her mother and vice versa.

Na'ani did not make it far before she found herself short of breath. She came to a stop, panting softly as her gaze swept over through the pride. All she saw was a bunch of legs as lions passed her by. No one seemed to take a second glance at the pale cub. "Please? Help?" she pleaded softly as another lion stumbled pass her. Another one came by, and again she begged for aid... the pride had bigger worries than the plight of one cub.

"Please!" her voice hiccuped and tears swelled in the corners of her eyes. Na'ani sat down and rubbed at her eyes, trying to dry the tears that inevitably kept flowing. It was so hard for her to believe that not one person here would be kind enough to talk to her. Surely, someone would realize she existed? Someone would come help her save her mom, wouldn't they?

Z o m b i k ii

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:40 am
Krysin

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ku’san was, for a lack of a better term, a block of solid meat. His paws were large, his coat thick and frame as bulky and sturdy was one would ever wish a cub to be. Delicate was not a word that would ever be used to describe him; and unfortunately for the young lioness, neither was empathetic. There was mercy in him, even kindness - however, the traits were rarely seen outside his very generous litter of siblings.

Crimson eyes watched as the pale cub pleaded, approaching every pride member could in a desperate attempt to get someone's attention. Her efforts fell on deaf ears though and the spark of hope that lit up blue eyes was extinguished as soon as it had appeared. Maybe it was cruel to find entertainment in observing such blatant suffering. However, Ku’san watched regardless; to see just how much resolve she had to offer.

When she fell to the floor, eyes full of eyes, he got his answer. Not much. The young lion looked over his shoulder for a moment, trying to catch a glimpse of one of his brothers now the show was over. It seemed like they had moved on though, leaving the darkest of the litter alone. He stood up from where he was laid and was about to head back to his own den and mother; but her cries stopped him once more.

A dark brown frowned and he found himself wishing the pastel female would shut up. Crying did not solve anything and only earned her questionable looks from the adults; some going as far as to roll their eyes. Gritting his teeth, the male turned tail; approaching her from behind. It was not often he would stick his neck out for a stranger - but there was something so pathetic about the display he felt obliged to put an end to it.

“What's wrong with you?” He asked, his words blunt and not in the least bit comforting.

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:23 pm
Through the tears she lifted her head to see the shadow of another cub. He was much larger than her, and older too. Na'ani had inherited her size and stature from her mother, which wasn't impressive by Stormborn standards. She was a petite, delicate thing, and even now it looked as if someone knocked into her she would likely break. Raising a paw from the dirt, she rubbed her eyes clear so she could get a look at the boy who was ridiculing her.

She should have felt insulted, but she did not. Na'ani had bigger things to worry about than another cub being rough with her. This cub was the only one who had stopped to listen to her, and she hoped dearly that maybe he'd help her. Na'ani wasn't sure what two cubs could do compared to one, but it had to be more than what her and her twin could accomplish on their own. Na'nau was back at the den with their mother. She had always been the more timid twin, which was saying a lot since Na'ani was far from being bold herself.

"I'm just... really sad because no one is listening to me," she explained with a soft snivel. Her jewel-toned eyes finally were able to focus on Ku'san. He was much bigger than her, and seemed to have natural confidence that Na'ani could only dream of posessing. Right now she felt little more than a fragile, useless cub who could not even help the one person she wanted to aid the most.

"My mama is really sick, she can't get out of the den. Papa has been gone for a couple of days working, and I'm really worried that mama isn't getting better." Little did Na'ani know that her father had plenty of connections within the pride. One of her older half-siblings would probably be ready to help her mother. There were other thralls around too, so it wasn't as if Yhe was in dire straights.

But... Na'ani certainly believed she was. "I was trying to get someone to come see her, but no one will." Her mother, after all, was just another thrall to everyone else. To Na'ani, her mother was everything.

Z o m b i k ii

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:09 pm
Krysin

Ku’san could feel a rumble in his chest that gave way to a weak growl, one that was too high pitched to sound threatening but most certainly annoyed. He did not have the kindest temperament and though he was not cruel; patience was never his strength. “And what good would going to see her do?” It was a genuine question but came off as more sarcastic and scolding than he intended. If she was too weak to even move then very little could be done; especially if she had deteriorated in the few days that her father had been away.

It was not like the adults did not have their own problems to contend with; it was not surprising they had little sympathy left over to offer when their own families were in trouble. “Half the Pride is starving and have their own difficulties. You can’t be surprised nobody is listening; stop crying and go take care of your mother, because this.” His eyes moved up and down her as if to insinuate the ‘this’ was referring to was everything she was doing right now. “Is not helping anybody. He finished, rolling red eyes before they settled on her once more.

“With any luck, your dad is already on his way back. Until then, it is your job to be strong for her.”

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:17 pm
She was too young to understand that he was not trying to be cruel to her. The other cub was too young as well to apply tact with his words. The tears on her cheek seemed to freeze into place as she stared at him with large blue eyes. Her pale ears pinned to the back of her head, looking guilty as if he were her own parents scolding her for poor behavior. "M-maybe someone would have something that'll help her feel better..." she answered meekly. Her tail curled around her legs, helping her to seem as small as possible. Na'ani was already petite - her mother was not a large lioness and she took after her heavily.

The shock faded away, and in the place of old tears new ones formed. He was being cruel, and she was so afraid for her mother and so frustrated with being unable to get her help. Na'ani knew he did not want her to cry, but she couldn't help it. It was the only way she knew how to express her emotions at her tender age. "My sister is back with my mother right now while I went to look for help... I didn't just abandon my mother!" Na'ani fired back defensively. It was the most spark she had shown, but even then her ferocity was dulled by grief.

"But I'm not... strong. I'm a lady," she whispered just loud enough for Ku'san to hear. Her mother was not raising her daughters in the traditional method of the pride. They were being taught manners, how to properly address others, and how to carry themselves with dignity. Of course, all her little training went out the window under pressure. But, she was not strong. She was not a fighter, and she could not carry the burdens of others all on her own.

Z o m b i k ii

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:32 pm
Krysin

“Strength is not a trait you inherit, it is one that you claim as your own.” Words that were easy for him given his lineage. Despite the obvious advantage he had with his bulk and size, Ku’san had very much decided he was going to be strong from the moment he could understand the concept of strength. Not only in the physical sense, but in fortitude and courage too. Of course, in reality, things did not work out so absolute, however, Kus was yet to find a fear or challenge that was enough to make him back down.

Even the challenge of inspiring this girl; and making her stop her snivelling. “Being helpless is a choice; become strong, so you don’t have to rely on others.” His tone was not heated, but it was far from the gentle comfort that the female was seeking. If she wanted someone to be soft and comforting towards her, that person most certainly was not the dark male. Honestly, her words had hit a nerve with him. He thought about his sisters, his mother; and realised he would beat any one of them black or blue if they sold themselves as short as this female had.

Ladies of this Pride; they possessed a fire that rivalled any man. Heck, one particular death loving sister of his inspired more fear than he could even dream of. “Bite back those tears, go help your sister and hold the fort until your father returns.” He was sure he was already on his way, and if not, he guessed it just sucked to be her.

“Your mother needs you.” He growled, the rumble in his throat still a few hairs too high to sound like it possessed any authority. The dark cub was not trying to be cruel, nor did he lack compassion for his fellow freeborn; he was just born with a sharp tongue as many of his siblings were.

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:25 pm
He wasn't going to help her.

The realization brought back tears that she thought she had managed to subdue. He stood there telling her how to help herself, how to be strong, but he wasn't even strong enough to offer her his aid! What could he tell her of strength when he displayed none of it himself? Sure, he was older and larger, but she didn't see what good that was doing to him. "You don't seem very strong," she mumbled underneath her breath. It was the most bite to her bark she had exhibited yet, and it was out of petty spite that she could not get this older cub to help her.

He was the only one who had stopped to listen to her, but he wasn't actually listening. "If you were really strong you wouldn't tell me how to be strong, you would show me! But you're just standing there, watching me cry and telling me it's my fault that I'm not strong!" While he had kept emotion at bay, she could not. Her mother would be aghast at witnessing her behavior. Na'ani had been raised to be better than a spiteful little lady.

The pale cub stood back up onto her feet, blue eyes snapping up to meet Ku'san's red ones. There was a moment where they were fierce, displaying her anger and frustration with the dark cub. "You've just been... wasting my time if you never wanted to help me. You should have left me alone, then. I would have been better off if you had just left me alone!" Rationality was not her strong suit yet, and in the face of grief she preferred the short rise of temper.

"I-I'll be strong without your help, I'll figure out how to do it on my own because you don't... you don't even know what you're talking about!"

Z o m b i k ii

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:05 pm
Krysin

“You’re right little girl, I never wanted to help you.” But here he was anyway, truth be told he did not give a rats a*****e about the girls' mother - or her tears. All he cared about was his family and the Pride; Na’ani was proving to be a weak link; one that he (for a reason beyond him) had taken on himself to strengthen. His crimson eyes glared down at her as her words caused a look of utter displeasure to take over his already harsh expression.

There was a lot of his father in his face; more than the majority of his siblings. But God’s above; he took after his mother in everything else. Including his temperament. The black cubs' tone changed then; though the words he had spoken before had been harsh he did not seem frustrated with her - not any more. “I just wanted you to stop making that damn noise, it was pissing me off.”

He would hold this girl to the same standard he held his sisters - he scolded them for crying too. “Go on then, prove it.” The male let out another high pitched growl, nudging the girl in the side hard with the flat of his skull. She said she would fix it by herself; it was the lesson he was trying to teach her - and he was not going to let her back down from the challenge she had set herself.

"Or are you all talk?"

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:22 pm
Na'ani flinched not only at the tone of his voice, but also the hateful words that had been spit out of her mouth. Even though she felt similarly about the male cub, her mother would have flagged her for ever speaking to someone in such a way. It was a little bit mortifying that he so carelessly threw out the truth of his feelings at her, and when they hit her it hurt. She did not want to be a nuisance, nor did she want to be annoying... Na'ani just wanted others to like her.

"Oomph!"

The air was pushed out of her lungs for a brief moment when the hard top of Kus'an's head shoved her in the side. The smaller cub stumbled back with a delicate whimper. "Y-you're cruel!" Na'ani accused with a little huff of air. At least she hadn't fallen down - she'd never recover from the embarrassment of being pushed around by someone like him.

Her mouth pressed into a firm line, and she felt the hair at the back of her neck puff up. She likely looked ridiculous and hardly intimidating. "I will! Just you watch - I have got this." It was a stupid challenge, but Na'ani did not feel like proving him right. "And when I prove you wrong, you have to admit it and apologize to me for being a bully."

The pale cub backed away from the other to leave, and almost forgot her manners while doing so.

Yes, she was mad, but it was still no excuse to be that impolite. "Good. Bye."

Z o m b i k ii

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:22 am
Krysin
(I am sorry my ends are so bad ;A ; ~ )

Crimson eyes watched as the pale female bore her fangs and showed her bite; the fur on her back was spiked up in an attempt to intimidate him, though in all honestly it just made her look like an agitated bunny rabbit. He dark brow furrowed as she barked, the growl in his throat lower than her own - but still not that of a cub that was yet to find his roar.

A smirk settled on his face as she turned around to make a dramatic exit, more resolve sitting on her shoulders than had been when they first met. She was declaring her independence and though he was not sure her mother would hold out long enough for her father to return - at least she had taken some responsibility for the issue.

Ku’san sighed.

Now, where had Mitama gotten to?

Fin.

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items