Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] Weekend Getaway (Kefanaan x Nokuthula)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:41 pm
Princess_Feylin
As interesting as things were turning out to be around the Stormborn, Kefa's paws had begun to itch a few days ago in a way that heralded, for him, an undeniable urge to relocate. These urges came upon him fairly frequently, though he could ignore them if he wished. The only problem with ignoring them was that he would start to have a really powerful changing effect on his surroundings. Which, actually, was something he was hoping to cause in the Stormborn, but he could feel that the changes he would effect would not be the ones he was hoping for. Better to obey the whim and return later to do something about the thrall situation.

He could, of course, translocate himself anywhere instantaneously, but that wasn't usually the best option for his wandering paws. Physically walking or flying tended to be better. In this instance, because it was dawn and his coat was pretty grey at the moment and blended with the sky, he decided to fly. Kefa loved to fly, and he didn't always have the wings to do so unless he concentrated on it.

After a few hours of flying his itchiness faded and he began to circle lazily toward the ground. As he alighted, his coat took on a shimmery copper cast and his wings turned feathery. Unbeknownst to him, his tail was that of an eel, but he didn't much mind about that. His appearance was constantly changing, and he barely noticed it most of the time.

It wasn't until he looked around and realized he'd landed not half a hundred meters from a lioness that he wondered if there was a reason his need to wander had brought him here.

AstoriaFallen
Having split herself away from the small group the lioness found herself quite enjoying the peace that being alone had to offer.

Her mind wandered and she gave more consideration to the possibility of joining a different pride in the future. What pride she didnt know yet, but she would know when she came across it.

Her thoughts were stolen, however, when a strange sight unfolded before her very eyes.

"What are you?" She asked curiously as gods had not been something spoken about in her old pride.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:12 pm
Princess_Feylin
Kefa's fur became soft and downy, exactly like the feathers of a young bird, and a pattern of stripes rippled from his mane to his tail as he opened his mouth to respond to the lioness. He was not practiced in dealing with mortals. To date, he'd only really interacted with the mortals of the Stormborn, and only on a limited basis. So far he had not allowed any of them to learn that he was a god, and had been disguising himself by taking on the form of whatever lion or lioness he saw last, as best he could remember them. Apparently the pride was so large, no one had caught on that there was a total stranger in its midst, impersonating its members.

"I'm a god," he decided to reply. His wings were still feathery and obvious, so there wasn't much point in pretending that he wasn't, though he found her question odd. Surely the wings gave it away. To emphasize that point, he waggles his wings a little bit at her. Unless maybe it was the feathers of his mane throwing her off?

"What are you?" he went on, grinning in a not-uncharming way.

AstoriaFallen
She moved closer, curious to know more of this God. "My pride never spoke of your kind." He looked like a very large, but strange, lion with wings.

He was lovely though.

Blushing she gave a light laugh, he was jesting with her.

"A wanderer." She replied as she was finally close enough for him to tower over her.

"My name is Nokuthula. What is your name?" She wondered if it was as unique as him, she watched as his body seemed to shift on its own, parts mixing and moving in strange patterns.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:43 am
Princess_Feylin
He couldn't help it. Kefa was a little bit affronted to learn that her pride had never spoken of the gods. His indignation quickly shifted to intrigue, however, as he wondered what sort of a pride had no role for gods, and how that would even work. Did a refusal to acknowledge the gods mean that the gods refused to acknowledge the pride, too? That couldn't be right, because gods were eternal and anywhere their domain existed, so could the god. Even where their domain wasn't present, the god could travel, though Kefa guessed it might be more challenging without some belief or something to bolster their divine strength.

As all those questions went through his head, Kefa was already replying with typical godly disregard for whether he might give offense, "Your pride sounds odd, wanderer. Perhaps I'll visit it sometime and see how that 'never speaking of gods' thing works out for them with an actual god in their midst."

That wasn't actually a threat or implication that he had aggressive intentions toward the lioness's pride. He was mostly just curious to see how the pride worked, and how they would react to him. Finding out about Nokuthula's strange pride was, he decided, the reason he had been drawn away from the Stormborn. Knowing that made him feel better, since he'd had plans that he put on hold to obey his urge to move on.

"I'm Kefanaan," he answered her. Then, because he was completely certain she wouldn't know this, he added, "I'm the god of impermanence."

It crossed his mind also, as the sun began to rise, that she was really very lovely. He had only recently begun to notice things like that, having completely failed to do so during adolescence, and he often found it very distracting.

AstoriaFallen
She chuckled, "I should say it was my pride. But they are a very traditional place......" her voice trailed off for a moment, "not like what I've seen since I left."

If she was being completely honest she was glad she left, even though she missed her mother.

It was time though, time for her to find her own calling and make her own name.

"I'd love to see their faces if you showed up there. It would be a story to last lifetimes. " Many would likely think they'd gone mad.

When he introduced himself she smiled, "Your name is as unique as you are." She says pleased by this, though she knew not why.

"So you effect anything to make it changed? Not like what it was?" She was using his ever changing body as an example, she couldn't help but admire him

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:45 am
Princess_Feylin
Nokuthula had already said she was a wanderer, so Kefa had assumed that she'd left her pride, but from the way she spoke of it, he got the very strong feeling that she had little interest in returning to it when she finished wandering, even as a sort of home base. Kefa could understand that, but as his fascination with the lioness grew he began to wonder what place she did consider her home at this point.

"Maybe I could take you with me when I do," he offered. "I am almost certain that I can take other people with me when I translocate. And if not, we could just walk. Or fly, I suppose. You'd have to agree to be carried for that, though. I don't know if I can fly with someone on my back. I think it'd interfere with my wings doing their wing-thing." Kefa had no idea that he could have flown even without the wings. It had never occurred to him to try.

"Sort of," Kefa said with a wry expression. "I'm mostly about the tendency of things to change over time. I can sort of hasten the effect on the places and people in proximity to me, but it's more of an unconscious thing. I can't make you grow old all at once, for instance. The changes I effect happen faster and become more drastic the longer I, personally, remain unchanged, so I'm kind of in a perpetual state of flux, physically, as you can see, as a sort of natural defense against wreaking too much havoc if I fall asleep for a few months or decide someone's worth spending time with."

He wasn't sure how much sense he would make to a mortal, particularly one with no godly frames of reference, but maybe that would actually help her. No preconceived notions.

AstoriaFallen
Watching him was easy, and rather enjoyable. Things about him changed and shifted so fluidly it made you wonder if you had truly seen anything at all. As she gazed upon his wonderful form his words made her look to his eyes.

It would be nice to see her mother again, though she knew that she could never live there again, just out of her personal preference.

"I...."

Uncertain of what to say her mind raced at the unlimited possibilities he had just given to her without realizing.

"Would not mind being carried by you, provided my weight caused you no discomfort or hindrance." He had just given her the ability to know what flying was like, even if she wasnt the one actually flying.

Listening intently as he explained his domain she gave a nod of her head, it all made sense to her.

"It sounds truly fascinating. "

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:46 pm
Princess_Feylin
"I don't think your weight would be sufficient to pose a problem," Kefa said, pondering Nokuthula, and then taking the opportunity do a little admiring as well. "I'll just get larger."

If he'd understood anything about the principles of flight, Kefa would have realized that what he thought of as flying was more like controlled levitation, because making himself larger would have required massive changes to his wing structure and bone density and so many other things, had his wings been the actual reason he flew. The fact that he could fly at any size or degree of aerodynamic should have indicated that he was not really flying at all, and that his wings had nothing to do with hit, but he remained ignorant.

"Do you want to go for a test flight?" he asked, watching the sky lighten. "If you don't want to be seen, it'll have to be a short one. People do rather tend to notice, once it's light out, when gigantic winged figures carrying lionesses take to the air."

AstoriaFallen
Looking at him she wondered how big he could actually get, he already seemed pretty large as it was. The more she learned the more curious she grew. Where all God's like him, how many were there in their world? Did all of them have wings? Where all as unique and as curious as him? She had a million questions but she wouldn't ask any of them because she just wanted to spend time with Kefa and learn about him, not others.

She felt special to be able to get to spend this type of quality time with the male, especially since this was the first God she'd ever encountered.

"Oh, I don't care if I'm seen. I'd be completely alrigh with whatever you feel like doing." Excitment vibrated through her and she couldn't help the smile that spread across her lips. "I would love to go on a test flight with you though." Realizing she hadn't actually answered what he had asked.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:14 am
Princess_Feylin
Kefa smiled. Nokuthula might not mind being seen, but he wasn't sure he wanted to reveal himself as a god to anyone else at the moment, so it would have to be a quick flight. As he thought about what he wanted to do, his body made adjustments unconsciously, for the most part, becoming generally more aerodynamic and avian while remaining basically leonine in silhouette (but for the wings, of course). Then he began to grow. By the time he decided he was of a size convenient to carrying a fully-grown lioness, he stood more than three meters high.

At this size when he spoke he expected his voice to be both louder and deeper, and so it was, but there was still no denying it was Kefa speaking when he asked, "You don't mind that I'll probably have to carry you like a cub, do you? My paws aren't...wait."

With a smug expression he concentrated and his toes began to elongate and his dewclaw shifted toward his central paw pad. They weren't quite the dexterous digits one might find on a monkey or ape, having still only a single joint in the middle of each toe, but they were considerably better suited to grasping than a lion's paws. Kefa thought they were unpleasant to look at though, and convinced the his fur to grow longer so that his stretched-out toes would not be so obvious.

"I might be able to carry you with these," he offered. "That way we can talk."

As extra insurance, he also allowed his hindquarters to meld into a long, sinuous tail, with which he intended to secure her.

AstoriaFallen
Part of her wondered if she was imaging this whole thing, or perhaps asleep and just dreaming. Though she knew she was awake, and just absolutely thrilled for what was about to take place. Maybe she would have him go back to her pride, just so she could tell her mother about this, but still she was uncertain. If it meant she got to spend more time with Kefa though then she'd be all for it. She was really enjoying the small amount of time she was spending with him so far.

Taking a look at him as his body transformed she moved closer so that he could carry her. "I'm ready when you are." Not really sure if he was going to just pick her up or if she should get closer. To be honest she just figured that he'd let her know what to do from here.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:08 pm
Princess_Feylin
Kefa, actually, wasn’t entirely sure how best to make use of his roughly primate hand-things. He dragged himself forward awkwardly, the serpentine tail he’d given himself proving too unwieldy to propel him. He decided at once that this was a dreadful chimera of parts to assemble, and that he would not do it again. He would find some other way of managing. For the time being, though, he was determined to see whether the hybrid creature he had made himself would at least be of use for flying others around.

“Okay, I’m going to grasp you with my fore…paws, and hold you to my chest,” he warned. “My wings will lift us, and once we’ve gone high enough, I’m going to try to wrap you with my tail to help secure you so that you aren’t dangling. This will work, I hope.”

Having said this, he moved awkwardly to put words to deeds and scooped the grey lioness up. With powerful, jerking wingbeats he rose into the air, sending up clouds of dust and blowing the grass around them mightily. As soon as his tail cleared the ground, he brought it up and did his best to make a support of it. It wasn’t very effective, he felt, but he’d already had doubts about that.

For Kefa, it was very odd to fly in such an awkward form, but this wasn’t about his experience.

“What do you think?” he asked.

AstoriaFallen
Doing as he said she moved close to his body and felt her heart speed up, she'd never been this close to a male before, especially one she found to be attractive. Gulping she felt herself go to another place as she leaned into him, feeling the warmth of her body against his own, making sure to grasp on tight enough she would be snug but not tight enough that she'd hurt him in anyway.

As they moved away from the ground she felt nervous but as she took in a deep breath, the scent of him calmed her. It was a strange and odd thing, nothing she could really explain or describe. But it comforted her.

Looking around she couldn't help but be lost to the wonder as the world opened up before her. "It's wonderful." And she lost herself as they flew.

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games