[PRP] I think we have a problem.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:00 am
Aldan sighed, glancing down at the cub, who was now distracted by a small stone on the ground. She had begun batting it back and forth, giggling to herself. He shook his head, still peering at the den entrance. Oh, please be home. Aldan thought to himself, waiting for the large lion to answer.

"Mkhai. I know you are in there. I can smell you. I...think we have a problem." There was a sense of urgency in his voice before he started shouting.

"Wait, no stay here. Nara, you can't go that way."

--

Fidelity had found interest in the small rock, but it was a butterfly that captured her attention next. She pounced away from Aldan and the den entrance, chasing after the cub. She heard Aldan shouting for her to stay here, but she ignored them, almost reaching the tree line before she felt a weight on tail.

"Hey!" she growled out, swatting at the adolescent, who managed to dodge the tiny claws.

"Let me go." Another growl as her eyes narrowed.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:47 pm
Gwen was gone, and Mkhai was only mildly surprised to not see her at their shared den. She had seemed well and as feisty as she had ever been. Because of this, he had assumed that nothing was wrong between them. They had an understanding of one another, and he thought that enough to suffice for now. Clearly, she must not have. He would have to look for her soon, though he would never claim it was out of concern for her well being. Mkhai couldn't tell what he felt, only that it was something and that he would have to process it later.

The God of Warriors heard a commotion at the entrance of his den, and recognizing Aldan's voice he rolled his eyes and made his way out of the den to see what the brat wanted. By the time he was graced by dark skies and fierce winds, he could see Aldan's tail trailing after something.

And then he froze in place when he realized who it was Aldan was pursuing.

Mkhai felt a rush of emotions that were unfamiliar to him, and he could not hope to unravel and understand them any time soon. Gwen was dead - his own lineage gone with her. What had happened? She had seemed so well, such a part of this world and now she was... gone. Mkhai understood rebrith enough to know that the cub Aldan was chasing was not the same Goddess of Fidelity he knew, and likely never would be. His heart sank, and he realized now he had never experienced true loss like this. Gods rarely faced anything like the loss of another god, and through all his fights and battles he had never lost one close to him.

Gwen hadn't been that close to him, but he had felt as if there was... something there, not love, surely. But there had been an importance and purpose to their temporary union, and that had been lost.

He moved again, but he felt numb, almost lifeless as he approached the two younger creatures. His gaze bypassed Aldan and instead to the godlet, "Fidelity, enough. You need shelter." She had been loyal to him for a while, and he had appreciated that. Gwen had even tried to give him the greatest gift, and if that had cost her life than Mkhai owed her a great debt. He would not let her come to harm, not this immortal cub in a world full of danger.

KasaiLoki

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:09 pm
Krysin

Aldan glanced over his shoulder as Mkhai finally made his appearance. "About time," he muttered, lifting a paw to avoid a swipe of tiny claws. His other paw remained on the cub's tail, taking care not to pull the light blue hair tufts that careened up the side of it.

Aldan didn't know what the camo male would do, but his attention turned back to the cub, now launching her own form at the offending limb.

"Her name is Nara not...Ouch!" The young seer released his paw just as the godlet sunk the small canines into the bottom joint. "Little brat." he growled, pulling his injured paw to his face, taking a look at the bite.

---

Nara did not like being confined. This adolescent holding onto her was just making her situation worse!

"Let me go I say." She growled again, swiping at Aldan again. "I want to play with that bug. Let. me. go." Another swipe, and then a launch as she shifted towards the offending paw, successfully sinking the small teeth into his leg.

When the older adult spoke from behind, Nara quickly released, ears perking at the other's appearance. Her head tilted at what he had called her. There was some familiarity there...but what did it mean? Fidelity? That...that was her..wasn't it?

"But I want to play.." she said sadly, giving Mkhai the biggest set of puppy dog eyes with her blue orbs.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:23 pm
"It is Fidelity," Mkhai answered Aldan without missing a beat. He had always had difficulty addressing gods by their name, but this was an intentional slip. She was Fidelity, and she needed to understand all that she was. "You will address her kindly," the god warned. This was his duty to her, and he would not have a goddess belittled so. She was young, and clearly did not know what she was. To most she was just a cub, but in Mkhai's eyes she was so much more.

He turned his attention back to the cub. Mkhai took a few steps forward so he could sit down in front of her. How small she was, and how much more fragile than she had ever been in her previous form. Mkhai was aware that gods were dying, but he had not seen one return so quickly. It was almost... no, it was definitely a relief to see her alive in some form or another.

Green orbs stared down into her pleading blue ones, and he almost laughed. How ridiculous this all was! Gwen was gone, and all that was left of her was a perfect miniature replica of the goddess that existed before. "You may play later, Fidelity. I would rather see you get settled down first and safe before you wander off too far on your own. The world is not a kind place for one such as yourself."

KasaiLoki

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:31 pm
Krysin

The seer huffed at Mkhai's comment. Normally the adult did not get on his nerves, it was the other way around. But here he was on the opposite end of the stick. Perhaps he was starting to feel as the God had when he was a little younger.

He simply chose to ignore his request to address her kindly, shaking his head slightly. "I found her on one of the unused paths, not too far, trying to hide from the storm. I didn't know where else to bring her." He explained to the male as he got closer to the cub. While Mkhai hadn't come out and said what he was, Aldan had pretty much figured it out at a young age. Him calling the name out of what the seer could only perceive as a domain, just emphasized the point.

---

As Mkahi approached, Nara's necklace began to glow a slight blue. She heard the adolescent beside her muttered something.

"Oh, it's glowing again. It did that earlier too."

She glanced down at the almost heart shaped dual colored pendant frowning. It was such a pretty color. "It matches you," She cooed, eyes lifting in amusement as she giggled at Warriors.

"Oh..." She sighed, nosed twitching. "You're no fun either..." She said defeatedly.

"Promise?" Nara asked, still giving the look of innocence in those bright eyes. A crash of thunder overhead caused the cub to scuttle, this time closer to the God, and less from Aldan.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:42 pm
"I understand. It was right of you to bring her back to me." He knew that Aldan had no idea what their connection was, but he wouldn't bother filling in the blanks for the adolescent. Aldan had always been a bit of a pain in Mkhai's side, one he refused to deal with because of his surroundings. He could not go around beating up cubs or young lions, it wasn't exactly worthy behavior of him. Besides, there was certainly god blood flowing through Aldan's veins. It was muted, tainted by mortality, but it was also undeniable strength and power. He would not spill it yet.

"I see," he told the cub, because he did not know what else to say to her claiming he had a likeness to a pendant around her neck. Some gods changed greatly through rebirth, but she was the perfect reflection of the goddess Fidelity had once been. It was uncanny.

"No, I am not, but I will keep you safe." Thunder cracked behind them, a loud noise that startled the newly reborn goddess. She jumped towards him, and without thinking he opened a paw out to her in invitation. If she needed shelter, she only needed to take it. "I do promise that you will be able to play later. If there is one thing I will never do, it is lie to you."

He stared down at her, considering how to best go about this. "Tell me, little one, what do you know of yourself?" He should get her inside, but he would not force her to budge if she did not wish to.

KasaiLoki

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:55 pm
Krysin

The child of Rebirth nodded, frowning.

"I don't...want to be this kind of guy. But...I have known you most of my life," which was probably a short time for Mkhai, "and you don't seem like...the type of lion to just up and take care of someone. Er---no offense." He quickly added, ear flicking towards the God as he sucked the wound. It wasn't bleeding, just stung.

---

Gwen hmphed, but remained by the God's leg, scooting closer as she felt a small droplet of water. Did it always rain here?!

She glanced up towards the adult with a small shrug.

"What do you mean?" She questioned. "I know...I was surrounded by cold white fluff, and then the next then I knew I was here on hard ground." What she knew of her life before a few weeks ago was questionable. Every time she tried to think of something, her pendant glowed red. It was as if it was warning her to drop the subject, so she did.

Speaking of necklace, the glow had dimmed to a small pulse as Mkhai spoke.

"Tell me...Big one," she turned the table on Warriors. "What do you know of yourself?" It probably was a childish comment, but the cub didn't know any better.

---

Aldan chuckled. "Yeah and you thought I was bad. Hah. Good luck with her."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:44 pm
His gaze cut to Aldan, and for a moment he almost considered explaining himself. But, what had happened between him and Fidelity was private, and her death and rebirth just as much so. He, a god, had no reason to explain himself to a mortal of no standing. God blood could do much for an individual, but one still had to wield it well. "What I am doing is my own business, little one. I do not need to explain myself to you." Apparently, offense was taken regardless.

"I understand. That is good enough, Fidelity." He had never bothered to ask how her powers worked, but the glow of her pendant concerned him a little. He did not know what skills she was equipped with, and whether she could use them properly yet or not. It was best to find someone to instruct her and raise her well. He could not trust a mortal to do it, but then again, neither could he trust himself to as well. Mkhai would have to figure something out for the little goddess.

He arched a brow at the cub then as she challenged him with his own question. What a fiesty goddess she seemed to be, but Gwen had never been a pushover herself. Mkhai had to wonder if anything from her old life would carry over into this new one, if there was a piece of Gwen somewhere within her that he could uncover. "I know that I am the God of Warriors, and that you are the Goddess of Fidelity. I am the son of War and White Magic, brother to Orphans and to Conquest."

He answered it for her, Aldan just happened to be around to hear it.

KasaiLoki

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:52 pm
Krysin

Aldan blinked.

Did...Did Mkhai just admit he was a deity, right in front of him.

Wait. Did he just said he was the God of...Warriors? His pride looked up to few deities, but Warriors was definitely one of them. His jaw was left hanging open, clearly unable to react in a witty sense he had grown accustomed to doing with the male.

"Um. I...am..uh...going to go now." He said quietly, shifting nervously on his paws before scampering off. The God of Warriors namesake would be secret with Aldan, even if his current actions could put hesitation in the God's mind.

---

"Ohhhh." she cooed. She didn't know what either of that meant, nor what the other terms such as War, White Magic, Conquest and Orphans.

"I don't have a family." She frowned. Well, maybe she did, but she didn't remember them.

Another crash of thunder, and then a flash of lightening caused the cub to squeak, and huddle under the mortal form of Warriors. She was so small compared to him. She saw Aldan rushing to leave, and her small voice quietly issued a small goodbye.

"Can...we go now?" Nara asked, wanted to get out of the storm.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:00 pm
Mkhai watched the adolescent flee as promptly as he could with a slight frown. He doubted the young male would be foolish enough to spread that information around, but if he tried there were always steps Mkhai could take to ensure his silence. For now, he chose not to worry over it. He had bigger concerns now with the young goddess of Fidelity suddenly in his care. He had to think about the goddess that existed now, instead of the one that had came before.

It would be difficult, but he would at least see to it that Fidelity had a solid foundation to be raised upon. It was his duty to her. "No, you do not, but that is of no concern - you do not need one," Mkhai reassured her with a small frown. It was very hard to get a smile out of the god, and right now he could find no reason to smile at all.

"Yes, of course. Take shelter under me and I will get you out of this storm." Mkhai rose up to his feet, and after waiting a few seconds to make sure that Nara was following him he led her back to his home. He'd get her settled in for now, and tomorrow perhaps think of a way to ensure she had the best chance at a better life than the last one she had led.

KasaiLoki

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas