[PRP] My reason for smiling (Z'haq, Resa) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:02 pm
Z'haq had been so busy with his duties as wingleader, that Resa felt the need to do something special. A sunset on the beach with a wine-skin sounded good, maybe she could ask the kitchen staff to fill a basket. "Lyraeth, can you ask Eorawth..." She didn't have to finish her question. The gold gave a rumble of amusement.

I wondered when you'd be asking yours for time with him, she said. Eorawth, my dearest one, Mine wishes for yours to meet her on the beach. Tell him not to eat before, she's going to be bringing dinner. Maybe suggest that tunic I like, the embroidered one...

"Not to the beach! It'll get ruined!"

Mine suggests he not, maybe the gather one.

"There's no one for him to impress at the beach!" Resa protested.

Nonsense mine, he must always look his best.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:19 pm
From his ledge outside the large weyr Z'haq had moved them into when he became Wingleader of Flame's Fury Wing, Eorawth rumbled. Z'haqmine, Lyraeth says hers requests your presence on the beach.

"Does she now?" Z'haq didn't look up from the roster he was working on, but the smile was audible in his voice. "Did Lyraeth say why?"

No, but she did say not to eat, that hers would be bringing dinner. The bronze whuffled with amusement. She says to wear your gather tunic, or the one she likes with embroidery on it.

That made Z'haq sit up. He'd only worn that embroidered tunic a couple of times, both special occasions. What was Resa plotting? "All right, tell Lyraeth that I'll be there as soon as I'm done with my work, which shouldn't be long." Stretching hugely, he felt his back crack and let out a soft moan. There was so much paperwork involved with being a Wingleader. Maybe he did need to get out more.

Eorawth snorted. It's true, you need to rest and enjoy yourself. And His would, if he had any say in the matter. Which he did. Lyraeth, my love, Mine says he will be there, and is curious about what she has planned. In truth, the bronze was curious too.

Thaliawen

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:42 am
Thank you my love, Lyraeth gave a content rumble. We can swim while they discuss matters. All good news, don’t tell yours though. Mine wishes it to be a surprise! I told her that she should look her best when divulging such news, but... The gold looked to her bonded. Resa looked nice enough, she supposed, but it was far too casual.

“Is Z’haq coming?” Lyraeth interrupted, grinning at Lyraeth.

Yes. Let’s go set up. Eorawth, I expect you to keep the secret.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:36 pm
Oh, I'll keep the secret, Eorawth reassured Lyraeth. It will be worth it to see Mine's face when the surprise is sprung on him. Sticking his big bronze head in the weyr, he whuffed at Z'haq. We should go, Z'haqmine. Lyraeth and hers are expecting us.

"Can't keep a couple of ladies waiting, can we?" Z'haq pushed his chair back and stood, stretching again. "Give me a moment, I'll be ready to go."

True to his word, the bronzerider took no time at all locating the requested tunic. Sliding aboard Eorawth's broad shoulders, it was a quick glide across the Weyr bowl to the beach, where Lyraeth's golden form was easily spotted. Eorawth landed nearby as Z'haq dismounted with a jump to the sand. "Resa," he smiled fondly, then sketched a bow toward Lyraeth. "You requested, I have arrived. I heard there was a picnic dinner?"

Thaliawen

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:24 pm
Satisfied with Eorawth’s answer, the gold gave a happy thrum. Mine is going to have a hatchling, she said. It will be interesting to see a human hatchling, won’t it? I have never seen a just hatched human.

Resa looked up at the sound of Z’haq’s voice. Her smile was huge. “Yes,” she gestured to the picnic basket. “Thought food would convince you. Did Lyraeth ask you to wear that?” She stood, closing the gap between them. “I told her you’d ruin it, with all the sand.”  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:57 am
Eorawth sidled up to Lyraeth's side and gave her a quick nuzzle. No, I have never seen a human hatchling. The bronze snorted a chuckle. He was pretty sure that Z'haq had never seen one either, especially not one that he had sired himself. Oh, this was going to be so much fun!

Gathering Resa in his arms and holding her close, Z'haq gave a contented sigh. "I won't ruin it, I promise. And yes, Lyraeth requested it specifically." He gave the goldrider a kiss on the forehead and released her to look at her. "You are just… so lovely, Resa. How can I let my work get in the way and prevent me from seeing you as often as I'd like?" With a wry laugh, he shook his head. He really did miss her, though at times being a Wingleader was worth it. But not often.

Thaliawen

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:22 am
Mine says we will, but that it will take a long time, Lyraeth offered, with a nuzzle. I don’t like waiting, but perhaps one day they will Impress! Then we will have a hatchling, too.

“She would,” Resa smiled, shaking her head. “She told me she thought you ought to look your best.” She smiled up at him, and placed a kiss on his cheek. “I don’t know how you can stand it,” she teased. “I have a surprise for you later, but you’ll have to eat first. You working so hard seems to distract you from a decent meal, too!” She poked his ribs.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:01 pm
That will be exciting! Eorawth wondered why it took so long to hatch a human. But the prospect of a hatchling of their own, once the small human grew up and Impressed, was also very exciting. His eyes whirled happily -- he was with his Lyraeth, there was going to be a human hatchling between their riders, and His was going to get the surprise of his life. It was a good day.

Z'haq tried to dodge the finger in his ribs before it tickled him through his tunic, and was only partly successful. He grinned at Resa and shrugged. "I try to remember to eat!" he said, lowering himself to the blanket spread over the sand. "I can't exactly have my wingmates bring me food! And I feel funny about asking the kitchen staff to deliver. I'm not that important -- I'm a Wingleader, not the Weyrleader!" Reaching up, he took her hand and drew her down to sit beside him. "So, what's for dinner? And what's this about a surprise?"

Thaliawen

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:07 pm
Which one of us will the small one be Minetoo, too? Lyraeth wondered. That got a laugh from her rider, and a look. So the gold had given in and told Eorawth the secret! That was fine. She’d have to tell Z’haq soon, though. She wasn’t sure how long a dragon could resist a secret.

“I could bring you food,” she said. Z’haq was one of the most important people in the weyr, in her eyes. “Meatrolls, tubers...It’ll stay a secret until you eat,” she teased, and sat down beside him.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:19 pm
Eorawth noted the look Lyraeth got from her rider and snorted himself. Clearly this was supposed to be a secret even from him! They will be Minetoo for both of us, the bronze replied wryly. Oh, this day was turning ever more entertaining!

"I couldn't ask you to bring me food, Resa," Z'haq laughed. "You have duties of your own as a goldrider, and those duties don't include feeding me." He made a happy face at the mention of meatrolls and reached into the basket to retrieve one. "This is delicious," he remarked around a mouthful, not caring about manners. Guess he was hungrier than he thought he was. Good, because he wanted to know what this secret was.

Thaliawen

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:31 pm
Minetoo for both of them. That would be nice. Which will the small one stay with? the gold wondered then.

“But...” Resa began, and took a meatroll for herself. She watched him for a moment, thoughtfully. Should she tell him now? How would he react? “I went to the healers a day ago,” she said, after a moment. She finished off her meatroll and chewed thoughtfully. “I’d been feeling poorly the last sevenday, but I wasn’t ill.” She smiled at him.

“We’re going to have even more duties, soon.”  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:41 pm
Clearly this is a problem, because they will both want to be with Minetoo. The bronze pondered the problem. They could share a weyr, he offered as a solution.

Z'haq polished off the meatroll and reached for another. "You're not sick, but you're not feeling well?" He looked at Resa with some concern. Was there a medical problem with her? Was that what the secret was? The last thing he wanted in the world was for anything to happen to her.

Her last remark puzzled him, however. "What do you mean, more duties? I can't handle much more," he laughed.

Thaliawen

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:44 pm
I would like if they shared a Weyr, Lyraeth admitted. Then we could both see Minetoo as often as we like.

“More duties soon,” Resa repeated, and smiled at him. He didn’t seem to understand. It was endearing. “Z’haq, you’re going to be a father.”  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:52 am
We could. I will suggest it to him. Eorawth's attention turned to Z'haq. This was it, the big reveal! He couldn't wait to see the look on his rider's face. If the big bronze could have grinned, he would have.

"A… a father? Me?" Z'haq blinked stupidly and stared at Resa open-mouthed. A father? If there was one thing the Wingleader had never imagined himself to be, it was a father. He wasn't a womanizer, so it was unlikely that he had any progeny floating around Pern; he was a hard-working man, though, and felt he'd never have the time to properly devote to raising a child. But here it was, sitting right in front of him in the form of his love Resa and her serene yet bemused smile.

The open-mouthed expression turned into a grin. "You're… going to have a baby? My baby? Well, of course my baby, I don't think you've been with any other men… I-I didn't mean you COULDN'T have been with other men, I've been so busy you-- I mean…" The bronzerider laughed and shook his head. "I'm making a fool of myself, aren't I? A baby... Our baby…"

Thaliawen

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:41 pm
Please do. That way, we will share Minetoo. And we can keep an eye on ours so they always look their best. Whils Lyraeth had never seen a human hatchling, she assumed they were quite like dragonets. Hatchlings were precious, beautiful in a way Lyraeth couldn’t quite describe. But they almost never looked their best. They were messy. Sometimes they stumbled. They weren’t always graceful. Humans weren’t the best at knowing what to wear or how to appear the most graceful, even as adults. The gold was sure this hatchling would be even worse than a clumsy dragonet on the sands.

“A father, you,” Resa confirmed, smiling at Z’haq. He was precious. His surprise st least wasn’t negative. “Your baby,” she said. “I think it’s adorable.”

She took his hand. “I know you’re busy,” she said. “Take care of yourself and come see the baby sometimes?”  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff