Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:26 pm
Done via Slack
Sabra--

Katori knew that the other countries wouldn't be like Zena. She'd have to be dumb to expect snow everywhere, especially when so many visitors from the southern countries complained about the cold weather of her home. Her mother's animal sanctuary was even on the southern edges of Zena so it wasn't like she was that frozen in comparison to the northern mountain villages. So Katori realized that they were quite lucky to have some warmth despite living in Zena.

But even though she knew these things the girl was astonished by the heavy rains. Her chiavi had been forced to land because of the relentless rains and even now she moved forward under the heavy trees of Tale, "Go figure I finally convince mom that I'm ready for my first flight away from home and then this happens." She grumbled as she held a shawl above her head. Seriously was this some water land or something? She'd much rather have snow than this!

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:27 pm
Uro wasn't surprised by rain, but this downpour that was lasting for days on end. Uro had gone out to explore for a cause, but to no avail. Her hands cupped to hold little pools of the rain, watching the water level rise and spill over her fingers. Her hands filled so quickly! So much rain!

Through the sheets of rain, Uro saw a form walking toward her. Even with the rain though, she could see a very faint aura. Whatever it was, it wasn't evil. With the cloak of woven leaves covering her head, she lit her lantern and held it up. "Hello?" she called out.  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:28 pm
Sabra--

Katori was focused on some leaves before her. Her mother had only allowed her to fly into the neighboring countries because of their need for rare herbs that didn't grow in Zena so despite the rain Katori was determined to find them. Her concentration, however, was broken as a voice caught her attention. Was someone else really out here in this mess?

Wiping her hands against her leggings, a silly attempt at trying to be presentable in this weather, the hybrid girl tossed her braids behind her shoulder before turning. With a frown she found herself making out some strange glow in the midst of the rains, "Hello?" She called back as she raised a hand over her face in an attempt to see, "Is someone actually out here?"  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:30 pm
Brow rising at the faint reply, Uro headed deeper into the rain toward the equally faint form. All at once, a shift of a tree blocked a portion of rain and gave her a relatively clear path to the stranger. Now that she was closer, Uro gave the girl a sweet smile. “What are you doing out in this weather? Are you also searching for the cause of all of this rain? I have been hoping to hear some sort of sign, but I have gotten nothing but wet from my time out here.”  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:31 pm
Sabra--

Katori couldn't help but to raise a brow at the other girls strange questions, "Do ya really think being out here will tell us why the skies keep crying?" She replied with honest surprise, "If so then I wish you the best of luck cause nature can be a pain in the...butt." always one to speak her mind Katori at least censored herself a bit around the stranger, "As for me I just happened to come here for some plants but didn't realize the ocean had come to Tale." She glanced around with a frown, "Does it always rain like this here? Though I suppose not considering you're looking for why it's doing all this."

She paused and studied the other girl before signing, "Surely it'll let up a little bit. Maybe you should find some shelter before you get sick. I saw a larger tree a bit to the right and we can hide under it's limbs and in the hollowed out trunk."  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:32 pm
Uro cocked her head. Was it really so strange? ..Well, most earthlings considered her actions strange, so this probably was as well. “I was not sure I would get any answer at all, but I thought it was worth the try.” The ocean? She smiled and shook her head. “It does not usually last for so long. My grandmother believes that the sky is cleansing the ground, but I am concerned that this is beyond a simple cleansing.” Uro sighed softly. She wasn’t usually one to worry, but she couldn’t help a little concern in this case.

Cocking a brow, Uro smiled and pulled at her cloak. “That is why I am wearing this. The trees protect me wherever I may wish to go with this. Would you like me to make you one as well? I can make it while we rest in the trunk hollow you mentioned.” She had a basket filled with leaves similar to what she wore, intending to make a cloak for her grandmother. She could always get more leaves for that later though!  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:33 pm
Sabra--

"ah." Katori propped a hand against her hip as she pondered things, "But what would you even ask or look for?" She pursed her lips as she rolled the question around inside of her mind before quickly shaking her head. Not that it mattered. She didn't live in Tale like this other girl so it didn't bother her if it rained or not.

All she needed were those plants - if they hadn't gotten washed out of the country by now.

"How tainted would Tale be to need this much cleansing?" Joked Katori lightly, "No wonder mama was against me leaving Zena then." One could cleanse a whole herd of Mamu at this rate there was so much rain!

Katori smiled at the other girls optimism and generosity, "If you would like. I don't have much to offer though..." She frowned as she glanced down at herself. Since she hadn't expected any big trouble the girl had come in simple leathers with a soft cotton blouse. The most expensive thing she would have was tucked into her long dark boots and that was a delicate dagger with a jeweled handled that her father had given her last solstice. She did have a couple of metal bands...maybe those? I suppose I'll just see how our time together goes. she thought with a nod, "As it is I'm not much for becoming a fish so let's head to that shelter now." After saying that she motioned for the other girl to follow before darting down the path.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:34 pm
“Anything,” she replied. She was certain that she would know an answer when she saw it. Tainted! The word spoken out loud made Uro’s brow knit closer. “If you ask some, just opening our borders is enough to warrant this,” she said softly. Many in Tale preferred to keep limited to those within Tale. It was not a view that Uro shared, but she heard it often enough to know that some of the more old-fashioned folk still did. Would the gods really flood Tale? Was it because they were opening up to the other lands?

Perhaps this stranger was the answer… No. That could not be it. This was a ruse of a more playful god, having her meet this outlander. No. The answer was definitely still unknown. “Offer? Oh, just spending time together will be reward enough for me,” she assured as she hurried after the girl. The older she got, the more she met people who did not brush her off or roll their eyes at her. That alone was enough to satisfy her that being open to others was worth the less pleasant run-ins.  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:36 pm
Sabra--

"Pffft." Katori couldn't control the nose that escaped her pale lips, "That's just silly. It's not like we brought buckets of water to dump on Tale with us." She shook her head, "If anything you would think the spirits would just block us out instead of flooding their own. A bit too spiteful for my tastes."

Katori smiled playfully at the response to her lack of payment, "Daaw I'm touched and here we don't know each other's names yet." She teased with a wink, "My name is Katori and if we survive this flood it'll definitely have been a pleasure to meet you." As they walked the great tree she spoke of slowly came into view. Its roots twisted across the ground and the giant branches loomed above to testify of old age. A slight shadow marked a knot in the tree which acted as a door to the hollowed out portion nestled between the giant roots...  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:37 pm
Uro found herself smiling in return. “I prefer to think that as well, but who can tell where a god’s mind would be? To hear some stories, it is not completely out of character for a god to act spitefully.” That thought was as chilling as thinking the land might be tainted… but still she smiled. “For this, though, we do not know why the rains have come, so it might not even be related to the borders opening.”

Brow rising, she grinned brighter and reached out to give Katori’s arm a light touch. “I am Urosangylea.” She pressed her lips slightly when she glanced back at the rains. “Katori, rain or not, it has been pleasant so far.” Giggling lightly, she sat herself onto one of the twisting roots and swung her bag out. She gave Katori a look-over to size her up before pulling out a number of leaves to begin weaving together. “May I ask what plant it is you seek? I might know where to find it if I recognize it.”  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:39 pm
Sabra--

Katori shook her head slightly at the reminder of such stories. The gods really did have some strange quirks. Perhaps that was why she preferred carving her own path without trying to worry over the spirits and gods? Shrugging her shoulders the hybrid girl could only guess, "I suppose the reason may be less important than the hope that it stops. Not like we can really tell the rain to go away." And if they could well...she'd be quite impressed with whoever had the power to do that.

Katori beamed at the other girl's open reaction to her introduction, "Is it ok to call you Uro? I'm awfully fond of nicknames and you could even call me Tori if you'd like." As she swung onto one of the roots the hybrid girl watched Uro before pulling out a crumpled piece of parchment, "It's these. I call them moon blossoms because of how pale the delicate petals are though I know it's probably not the official name. Then I need some roots from these strange guys who look like wrinkled beets in a way..." She pointed towards the sketches as she spoke about them, "Once I get that I can head back towards the border where my chiavi hopefully is still waiting. I left her there so that she could stay dry while I went swimming out here for plants."  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:40 pm
Uro nodded slowly. "They cannot know our wishes unless we tell them so." Of course, she was sure that many had asked for the rains to cease by now... Might as well keep trying.

As Katori brightened, Uro couldn't help being uplifted as well. "If you find it better, do feel free to call me Uro. I would be glad to call you Tori. Nicknames are so comfortable, don't you think?" Weaving the leaves one after the other, Uro leaned over to peek at the parchment being shown. "Official names are unimportant. Oh! I recognize the moon blossoms! ..I am less certain of the root, though I know I have seen them sold in town."

Her eyes shifted slightly while she scanned through her memories of where the blossoms might be near their location. Hopefully, the rain hadn't washed them away. "A chiavi?" she gasped. "Oh, how lovely for you! I have only heard about them. Are they as beautiful as the stories say?"  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:41 pm
Sabra--

"A bit." Quipped back Katori who couldn't resist smiling at how easy going the other girl was, "It definitely saves time when speaking to one another if you shorten a name." Too bad they lived countries apart else Katori could see a good friendship developing with the leaf girl. Maybe she would try to track her down in the future if she ever returned to Tale. But this was not the time to worry about such things! It was still pouring rain so it looked like she would still have a bit of time with Uro.

"Oh you do know of the plants?" Katori's gaze lit up with hope. Then surely after this rain lessened Uro could led her to the moon blossoms! That way she could get back out of this flood area and into Zena. As the other girl gushed about a chiavi Katori couldn't help beaming with pride, "They are!" She flushed lightly as she spun around so that she could cross her legs and lace her hands on top of a knee, "Malio is a big blue softie though with beautiful amber eyes. My mother actually owns a sanctuary of sorts and she has tamed a few in the past several years. We have chiavi, mammu, raptrix, and so many other animals. I personally like the chiavi the best when it comes to flying...it's quite delightful." She paused and then smiled as an idea struck her, "Oh! Perhaps if this rain ever does stop I can come back and show you a chiavi or even take you flying Uro! If you're bold enough and can leave Tale then the sanctuary is always open for visitors too..."  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:42 pm
Uro would have to make sure she remembered the names given. Tori would certainly be interesting to meet again under better circumstances. ..and if the chiavi was present! Her hands didn’t stop weaving while her eyes focused on her shelter companion, envisioning the description as it was given. Tori seemed so happy with her animal friend. “A whole sanctuary!” she gasped out. It sounded divine!

“If there was anything that would get me to leave Tale for a short time, it would be to visit this sanctuary you speak of. It sounds like a piece of paradise,” she hummed. Bold enough… “The sound of flying has always been a dream, but perhaps when I am faced with the chance, I will need your strength to help me make the leap.” While the rain was generally not a good thing, it had brought Katori to meet her. At least it wasn’t all bad.  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

◈ Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces