[PRP] Realizations (Mgbamizu/Isithunzi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:57 am
Mgbamizu had kept to Aguus more and more recently. He hadn't actually seen the lead Amoosu, Isiike, dead, but he had heard it from the other lions of the pride. Whispers spread like wildfire in the land, assumptions and rumors began. Mgs chose to ignore them, and ignoring them meant keeping mainly to himself, near the den, and no more wandering towards the borders to look for rogues.

Maybe it was seeing the unconscious form of Nchekwube that changed his attitude? There was so much going on within the pride that everything seemed more than just a coincidence. While he wanted to find out more, and realized times were getting dangerous.

He needed to be careful.

The one thing about keeping to yourself was fact that you did grow lonely. His mother still had a duty to do for the pride, more so than Mgbamizu did. However, he still needed to participate in his chores for the pride.

He sighed, leaving the quiet of his den, heading towards the pride center.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:28 pm
User Image

So many things had happened in the previous days, so many losses and surprises, the blinded adolescent, the new Onyeisi, the dead Amoosu, the pride was a flutter of gossip and whispers and prying eyes as well as paranoia. It was enough to drive the dark lady of the Agadi to frustration as she took the time to wander to the center of the pride where things seemed to have calmed down, at least for now.

When she spotted the familiar figure and pelt of her old childhood friend and flame, there was an instant feeling of relief, of everyone that could've been hurt Isi was relieved it hadn't been Mgbamizu. And she was quick to approach him at the relief was more than obvious on her face whilst doing so.

"Hey..." She greeted with a half smile on her muzzle. "...How've you been?"

KasaiLoki

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:15 am
Lightning Shadow X

Mgbamizu's attention turned as a small voice entered. His golden gaze focused on the approach of the dark female from the Agadi, a smile replacing the frown he hadn't been aware he was wearing.

"Isi...hey." At least if he was going to mingle in the pride, it was with the Agadi and not some random lion he had yet to really talked to in the past. He didn't think he had the mindset to withstand that particular conversation. But Isi was different. He had known the dark female since they were cubs, and had a history that turned when they were young adults. The two drifted, and only since the events of the recent past started did they meet up again. Mgs always felt comfortable around the female.

"Truthfully?" The lion's smile warped at the corner.

"I don't know how to feel. Everything is just...too strange right now." The Aguu said honestly, his gaze down casted. "I worry to know what is next for us...you know? It's like...can we get a small break?"

Gaze returning to Isi. "How are you taking all this...news...?"  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:15 pm
Isi greeted the male as she came closer with a gentle headbump to his shoulder before she stood and listened to his worries, she'd had a feeling the weight of the recent events would've weighed particularly heavy on his shoulders as it did on most of the pride nowadays. Even herself no matter how level headed or calm she tried to be.

"A break would be a relief....we only just get something to celebrate with the Onyeisi and then all this..." She sighed partly through her nose before her crimson eyes settled on him and she gave a half smile, letting a small slip of how tired she was of all the terrible fate the pride had fallen to briefly show.

"I could be better, seeing the looks on other's faces and knowing there are probably going to be vicious rumors circling about the social groups like vultures...it makes it difficult for even me to try and stay positive." She glanced at the ground for just a moment in a small somber thought at the idea of distrust sown into the pride at such a critical juncture of time but threw those thoughts aside as she looked to him. "How's your mother?"

KasaiLoki

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:10 pm
Lightning Shadow X

Mgbamizu shook his head as she spoke, the light green tufts of mane falling over his eyes. He caught the glimpse of her smile, noting the tiredness in her red eyes. The chocolate male approached the darker female, nuzzling her neck in comfort, an action he had done in the past when they were a little more involved.

"We should run away together you know. Then we won't have to worry about what rumors fly. It'll just be me and you and whatever the world wants to throw at us." He joked. Or maybe he wasn't? It was a hard time of life to be joking. Maybe Mgbamizu was dead serious.

Oh. His mother... She was the reason partly why the male hadn't taken a mate, and the relationship with Isi seemed to abruptly end. "Oh...same old I guess. It's...time I think I start focusing more on myself. I'm not too sure she is happy with that decision, but I can't have her be a hovering parent anymore." He was an adult!  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 3:38 pm
Watching the green maned male she blinked softly at the comforting nuzzle and just returned the affectionate action after a moment of shock at the contact, a small flood of memories returning when they were younger and would nuzzle like this near constantly in their adolescent lovey-dovey manner. But that seemed so long ago. A thankful sigh escaped her at the touch.

Then his words rang through her ears and she watched him, a small frown of confusion on her features as she felt her heart flutter hopefully that she immediately stifled. This wasn't the time for that....right? "It'd probably frighten more of the pride to see two more of us vanish...safe or not."

Him saying he was going to take decisions for himself though, that brightened her up, her eyes widening and her smile growing as she pressed her nose to his cheek reassuring of his words. "Not to beat the dead zebra, but it's about time you focused a little on yourself...I'm sure she'd be happy honestly seeing her cub become a lion."

KasaiLoki

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:32 am
Lightning Shadow X

"You think?" Mgbamizu questioned. "I don't think they would notice us gone with all the commotion going around. We could just...slip away in the dead of night." Isi was right though. And as much as Mgs had talked about leaving, in his heart he knew he never would.

The chocolate colored male chuckled at her reaction after. "I guess it was time, huh." He flashed a small grin. "Yeah. You're right."

"But...in thinking that..I've also...been thinking a bit more about...about us." Now the lion was hesitant. "I know we didn't end things...well when we were younger..." It was never hard to talk to Isithunzi before, why was right now different? "I...well..." Another pause as the male shifted.

"What if we...tried again?" The statement was vague at best, so the lion just barely whispered. "Us, I mean."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:02 pm
Isithunzi didn't think her eyes could get any larger than they were right now, had he actually said that? She stepped back to peer at him in earnest surprise and shock as he spoke and she tried to absorb everything he'd said. Them? Again? It'd been so long and she hadn't even considered taking a mate, their break up had just rattled her confidence in herself as a lioness capable of loving another and she'd been so unsure. Whilst still nursing those sweet memories she'd had of them being together.

Her ears flattened to her skull as the worry showed on her expression, a small well of suppressed and aged feeling slowly threatening to break through as she sank to sit there and just watch him.

"Mgbamizu...don't raise my hopes again..." She took a small breath. "How many times I'd hoped you'd say you didn't care what your mother said and that we could be married...but I threw that thought away long ago..."

So why was she still here?

She watched him, she felt the smallest pricks of tears threatening the corners of her eyes.

"She'll never approve..."

KasaiLoki

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:23 pm
Mgbamizu's golden eyes watched in concern as Isithunzi sat. He noted the worry that spread across her features. Maybe he had said the wrong thing. Maybe he should have just kept quiet. But...with how everything in the pride was settling, he couldn't just...dwell on the matter and let things remain unsaid. He was looking after himself now. It didn't matter if his mother disapproved. He needed to look out for himself! And Isi, if she would agree.

"I was stupid...back then. I was stupid into my adulthood too. It doesn't matter what my mom thinks anymore. Apparently...it only took a blinding of an adolescent, and a death of the Amusu to figure that out." Mgbamizu displayed a sheepish grin with a shrug.

"I want you part of the Aguu family...with me..." His paw lifted, gently rubbing her cheek, "I don't care if she approves. I only need one female's approval in my life..." He stared right into her own dark crimson orbs.

"And that is yours..."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:03 pm
Watching him with a few small tears running down her cheeks as she felt herself gently leaning into his paw with a soft sigh as she listened to him, a small huff of a laugh escaping her awkwardly at the sheepish grin he had on his face as she lifted a paw to gently bat at his nose. He was ever the same, growing up hadn't changed the precious lump that he was.

Staring back into the golden eyes of this lion she had to think for a moment or two, but his words just dug their claws into her heart like they had so long ago when they were still courting. Every emotion just bundled and blocked together and she finally resigned to nuzzle into his mane with a small smile on her muzzle.

"...Well it's definitely not the proposal by moonlight you promised when you barely had this." She joked fondly as she looked up at him, snuggled into his thick mane. "....But I accept."

KasaiLoki

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:22 am
Lightning Shadow X

I accept.

Wait. Did she just say that? The words echoed in his head again.

I accept.

His eyes widened he just sat there, almost awestruck at the words. He shouldn't have been this shocked, yet, he felt as if he was a mere cub asking his childhood crush on their first date. Technically...Isithunzi was his childhood crush...just they were adults. These things were tough, man.

His ears flickered though as she nuzzled into his mane. "I can take it back, and do a redo when the next moon is full?" He joked, a purring. He was so excited. He couldn't wait for his Agadi to join the Aguu family.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:50 pm
A small chuckle escaped her as the relief washed over her as she just relished in the closeness of her mate-to-be....she still couldn't believe that was a thing. Her mate-to-be, her childhood crush was her fiancee, what a thought. It made her smile so much.

"Nah, best we go explain to our families...I'll be with you when you tell your mother."

KasaiLoki

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:59 pm
Lightning Shadow X
Fin~!

"Right. Yeah. We should do that...shouldn't we?" Mgbamizu chuckled. "I think your family might take it a little better than mine, so...let's start there. That way, if my mother is in a sour mood it won't hinder anything." Whether his mother approved of his decision of not, Mgbamizu didn't care.

For once in quite a while, he was happy. He had Isithunzi to thank for that.  
[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games