Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:45 pm
--Whole rp via slack--
Sabra--

The winds were bitter today. Danika perched high in one of the great trees surrounding the edges of Chibale and studied the skies with the slightest of frowns. The young mystic actually had a shawl nestled around her shoulders, a testament to the recently strange weather which varied from snow storms to torrential downpours. Today, thankfully, the skies even while a deep gray were quiet and calm. No rains, no snows, nothing but the whispering winds came from above and for a split second even a ray of sunlight flickered through the silver lining on the clouds and Danika turned her face upwards so that the warmth could kiss her cheek. For a moment she could imagine that this would be a caress from Aisha, a blessing from the mother to inspire her to continue on with her prayers and hopes for the Sisters.

The elders still were in meetings, many warriors were training in the camps scattered throughout Chibale and Jahaur, and the other mystics gathered as well at the trees waiting on Eshe to come back with news from the Elders about their battle plans. So far it seemed that things had been quiet, too quiet for Danika's tastes, and everyone was taking full advantage of that to prepare for the war ahead. In a moment of frustration, of that overwhelming feeling of being stuck as she could only pray and offer support from afar in comparison to those who already had fought here and there while training and scouting, Danika had left her safe place at the roots of Aisha to instead stretch her legs and walk towards the edges of Chibale. Surely the others would have a conniption to see how far she had wandered but it would be a few hours yet before any of those meetings concluded and that knowledge helped Danika as she ventured out and climbed one of the great trees so that she could perch there and oversee all of what happened below.

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:46 pm
The layer of cloth Vermina used against the chill was scratchy and heavy. Used to being content with fewer layers.. trying to be ready for whatever the crazy weather threw their way was too complex for her. Besides, Aunt Pul was insistent on protection from the cold, and Vermina had been stuck in the house until she had relented to putting the oversized cloth on. She couldn’t help grumbling a little, feeling like she was being treated like a youngling, but she also could not deny her aunt.

Scratching at the fabric around her neck again, she used the excuse of gathering sea grass to head off to Chibale’s shore. Oblivious to the woman in the tree as she passed under it, Vermina glanced around before unhooking the cloth to let it fall open. She was going to scratch herself bloody if she left it in place! Though she was appreciative of the quiet, both in the air and the women, she knew that it was a cover for something worse lurking. Those meetings about the Dretch and the exiles… The pressure was palpable among her sisters. With a groan, she sat down and tapped her basket idly on the ground. Hopefully, the water wouldn’t be too cold…  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:49 pm
Sabra--

At first Danika was unaware that anyone had entered the area. Her attention was solely on the skies and her mind was far away with Aisha, with the fears of a future battle, and with reflections on the latest of meetings. The mystic's lips were pressed tightly into a line as she pondered the possibilities of reaching out for allies again in the future and she had to wonder what those who left meant to do. Would they be safe in the island across the way or would they be weaker by being so divided again? Danika could only shake her head sadly at the thought. The movement, however, allowed her gaze to scan the forest floor below and the mystic finally caught sight of the movement below.

So someone else was out here? Curiosity as usual got the best of her and with slow and deliberate movements Danika began to shimmy her way down the branch and down the base of the tree so that she could sneak up behind and see what Sister was out wandering in this area today. A bit of apprehension kept her from being as outgoing as usual as she was worried that a guard or an Elder had perhaps noticed her absence and gone after her. That bit of trouble was the last thing she would need....  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:52 pm
Well, she was going to have to do it eventually. With the cloak, Vermina could feel the chill poking through, and having it hanging open was chillier still. However, getting the cloak wet would make the return walk even worse. Slipping off the material, she rubbed briefly at her arms before picking the basket up and standing. At the least, she could put her focus onto this. Keeping her sisters fed… if nothing else, for the time being, she could help do that.

Reaching the water, she was determined to just go out and get the sea grass. The moment her feet sank into the cold water though, she let out a surprised shriek and jumped backward a few hops. The snow had made the water that cold?!  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:07 pm
Sabra--

Danika had been content enough to slowly approach but the sudden shriek pushed the mystic forward and without thinking she dashed to the other Sister's side, "Are you alright?" She called out before recognizing the Alkidike who she had made friends with during one of the earlier rains this season, "Vermina?" She called out the name softly as her pace slowed down. She didn't see anything wrong, only that the other Alkidike had gone towards the waters. Had something stung her or? Danika frowned thoughtfully before reaching Vermina's side, "Was there something in the water?" Her dark gaze studied the gently rolling waters as if trying to see something beneath the surface. Perhaps a fish or one of those long eels that shocked? Or a menzuri or something else? Maybe even a prickly plant?

She still wasn't accustomed to the effect that snow had on their lands so the thought of icy water never crossed her mind until she too reached out a foot to prod at the waters.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:10 pm
Hearing running feet, Mina couldn’t help another short yelp as she spun to see who was approaching. Dretch?! “Oh! Mystic! I-I mean, Danika!” Blood made her face heat up sharply. How embarrassing to shriek in front of the mystic! “I am fine, truly,” she murmured out, wishing she could vanish into the ground. “I.. was just surprised..” by the cold… How embarrassing… Her shoulders scrunched in a little wince when she saw Danika about to explore the water as well. “The water is very cold-!” she blurted out, her stomach sinking slightly. Embarrassing…  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:11 pm
Sabra--

"Oh?" Danika turned a concerned gaze towards her Sister, "I'm sorry then." She began with a slight nod of her head, the motion drooping her antenna, "With the Dretch I tend to react quickly even if it's an innocent situation..." The faintest of flushes decorated her own cheeks before she glanced between Vermina and the water. Her fingers reached out and grazed the back of Vermina's shoulders, "is it?" She asked softly as she glanced towards the waters, "Thank you for the warning. I probably would have been startled as well considering that I would never expect our waters to be cold."  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:12 pm
"It is an understandable impulse. We are all concerned about the Dretch. I apologize for worrying you so." The touch sent a warm feeling along her back, finding herself actually relaxing a little. Looking to the water, Vermina sighed and nodded. "Yes. This snow has affected more than just the air. I have heard of water that gets so cold that it actually becomes hard. Ice, I believe. I hope this does not happen here."

Griping her basket, she paused a moment when she finally registered their position. "Danika, if it is not too bold of me.. are you certain it is all right for you to be out here? Surely the elders wish for you to stay near Aisha's roots." She looked around to see if anyone was with the mystic, but they seemed to be alone.  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:14 pm
Sabra--

Danika's forehead furrowed in a slight frown as she reflected upon Vermina's words, "Ah." She replied thoughtfully as she studied the still waters, "I pray that it does not happen either." She sighed, a wistful feeling twisting her gut, and slowly she crouched down to reach out a finger so that it could graze the surface of the water instead. A shock of cold sent a shudder through her arm before she quickly closed her hand into a fist, pulling back the finger that had touched the cold waters and placing it inside of her palm for warmth. Thankfully Vermina had warned her else she would have thought nothing of walking straight into the water and Danika dared not to even imagine how cold such an action would be for her body!

Her thoughts halted as another question left Vermina and once more the mystic sighed, "Surely they do." She replied before glancing over towards Vermina with a soft smile, "But at the same time is a mystic able to do anything for her people if she's locked up in a cage, even if for protection's sake?" The Alkidike shook her head, her loose and curled dreads bouncing with the movement, "I know that I shouldn't venture far so I only came to check on the edges of Chibale as this strange weather has worried many. I wanted to offer comfort to some of the younger ones running about and afterwards I found myself simply walking and walking some more until I came here." A slight flush decorated her cheeks, "They are constantly in meetings and I'm constantly waiting which apparently isn't much of something I'm fond of." Always waiting, always just sitting back until she was called to action and then what? Would she even be able to fight the Dretch at this point or would they expect her to stay home as she was the youngest? The one that they wanted to protect in case all others failed? The thought sent a shadow over her features and Danika frowned. No, that would be the last thing that she would want to do.

"But do not worry, I am only taking a simple walk around my home." She offered an innocent smile, "What of you? Why did you try to go into the waters earlier?"  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:17 pm
Mina let her face drop slightly, gazing at the ground. Danika had a point, in her mind. Sure, others were welcome and encouraged to meet her at the roots, but not everyone did or was able to. Seeing the mystic walking around as opposed to having to go find her was surely a boost for morale. ..Especially since the elder mystics were focused on those meetings. Why would they not include Danika? ..That wasn’t her business. “I am sure those who see you are encouraged.” She certainly was.

Looking back at the water, Mina’s nose wrinkled slightly. “I was going to collect sea grass for us to use.” She put her hands behind her back to bounce the basket bashfully. “With everything going on.. I wanted to do something a little more normal.”  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:18 pm
Sabra--

Danika smiled with appreciation at the encouragement, "I hope so." The young mystic twisted her hands behind her back as she glanced around thoughtfully, "While Eshe is with the elders I do my best to help around Aisha. It's best to keep things calm by allowing Sisters to see a mystic if they visit Aisha so I volunteered to stay around while Eshe can tell me of any important plans and the most important meetings I'll attend." A light flush decorated her cheeks, "So that's more reason why I wished to venture out for a moment so that I can check on any Sisters while things are quiet. I do not intend to stay out for much longer but it is worth it to speak with a Sister who I've not seen in a while." She teased lightly. Not that it was Vermina's part as everyone was so busy lately because of the threat.

"Sea grass?" Danika blinked before slowly nodding, "Ah, I see. That seems wise." She smiled, "Perhaps I could help for a moment while I am here?"  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:18 pm
Mina couldn’t help a small smile. She was happy to hear Danika comfortable enough to confide in her about mystic business. “That does make sense,” she replied. “I can see how waiting for news would grow tiresome for you, as well.” Brow lifting at the tease, Vermina found herself torn. She was worthwhile for Danika to spend time with? Did that mean she should visit more? Or was it indirectly saying she didn’t visit Aisha enough? Was Danika just being friendly? The young mystic usually spoke plainly…

Brow rising as the offer pulled her from her distracted thoughts, her gaze darted to the cold water. “Are.. you certain?” she asked. Even Mina wasn’t so sure that she was willing to collect the grasses anymore. However, the plant was quite useful. Food, clothing, tonics… “I would appreciate the help, but you do not have to go into the cold water if you do not wish. I will be fine once I adjust to the chill.”  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:20 pm
Sabra--

Danika nodded, "Im certain." She replied with a faint smile, "It'll do my body some good to focus on something other than meditation and worrying." Constantly wondering when the next attack would happen, why the skies suddenly were dropping snow, and pacing from anticipation of the newest revelation from the ancient scrolls was growing into a rather tiresome practice indeed.

"Perhaps some cold will do me good as well." What sort of mystic would she be if she didn't suffer a little for her people? The thought curved her lips up into a small smile, "I can also try to warm the waters a bit if you would like..."  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:21 pm
The smiles Danika showed brought Vermina's to the surface as well. "They do say that facing something new is what helps us grow. Training the body and training the mind are both important." They could surely manage if they faced the cold water together! Her smile turned bashfully playful. "Why don't we see if we can face the waters as they are before attempting to warm them?" At the least, slower adjusting would mean the task would take longer.

At the least, taking the time to adjust would mean the task would take longer. That would mean more time away from the stressful air of home, and more time in the company of the mys- ... of Danika. It was an honor to know her company was enjoyed by someone of such importance, and Mina wanted to savor it a little longer.  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

◈ Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces