Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:49 pm
Peppermint Coffee

He blinked slightly as she circled around to the front. Her change in behavior caught him a bit off-guard, but she seemed much more upbeat. Less aggravated by his antics. The slightest look of surprise faded into a smile, softer than his usual cheeky charm. He was... actually enjoying himself, seeing how much she was enjoying this.

"Oh, no, ah. Water's good." He let her lead the way for a bit, just watching her move.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:07 pm
When they got to the food area, Paej had stopped her dancing and ordered two large glasses of water because she felt parched. There was a lot more walking and dancing involved than she thought she'd be doing, not to mention talking. When it was handed to her, Paej thanked the man at the stand and turned to Jiaya with a shrug.

"I said two, so your should be back there." She jerked her head back. Maybe he'd be good with a large too. If not, oh well. It was free water.

PrinceFigment

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:15 am
Peppermint Coffee

Heading over, he grabbed the other water, following Paej. "You wanna find somewhere to sit or...?"

Jiaya glanced around, trying to see if there was even any empty spaces available at the scattered tables. He caught sight of a near-empty table right on the edge of the performance area and started toward it, knowing that if he waited it would likely end up filling pretty quickly.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:18 am
Following Jiaya was easier now that he'd taken the time to pick a more clear path. Paej was calling it a victory for now. If it stayed with him, that'd be pretty interesting to see.... Or frustrating. Or both. Either way she was kind of curious to see if this better behavior was a one time fluke or not.

She took her water and sipped at it as they walked before claiming a seat at the table. Luckily no one else seemed to go for it. "Mmm. It feels like we've been here all day."

PrinceFigment

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:28 am
Peppermint Coffee

"Yeah, seems like." They'd had a somewhat eventful day, but honestly hadn't done terribly much. Waiting in line, cake, a few games... it seemed like a pretty slow day, at least for Jiaya. The festival was nice enough, but it definitely wasn't the adventure he enjoyed.

Taking a seat beside her, he sipped the water and just relaxed for the moment. All of the crowds were a bit draining, but he didn't mind it so much.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:33 am
"Okay, so. We definitely got off on the wrong foot. I'm sorry about how I acted earlier. I promise I'm not usually so... grumpy?" She pulled a face and looked at Jiaya apologetically. "I guess you just caught me at a really bad time." It was a horrible excuse, Paej realized, but it wasn't really an excuse. She didn't know why the way he acted got under her skin so quickly.

"So to make it up to you, I can take you to lunch tomorrow or...?" She put her water on the table and ran her fingers over the surface of it. Something made her not really want to look directly at him anymore, so she focused her eyes on her water.

All the while her face flushed and her pulse may have picked up, not that she'd admit it.

PrinceFigment

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:44 am
Peppermint Coffee

He listened to her speak, not sure why she was apologizing. If anything, he'd been the one wrong, though his pride usually said otherwise. She'd reacted a little more intensely than most people did, but it was about the reaction he'd usually gotten.

When she offered lunch, he looked to her, brow furrowing. "I mean... I guess... if you think you can stand me that long."

Jiaya honestly didn't mind her company, even if she was a bit more toned down than most of his friends. Or acquaintances, rather. There weren't many who could keep up with him, not that he ever tried to make it easy for them. He'd like to spend more time with her.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:04 am
"I don't think you're that bad. Like I said, you caught me on an off day!" She turned her head and gave him a grin. "I actually like to have a lot of fun and things. Just.." She shrugged then.

"So I can 'stand' you just fine, I think."

PrinceFigment

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:12 pm
Peppermint Coffee

He offered a slight laugh. "I think there's probably a few people who'd disagree with you... but... sure. Yeah, thanks."

There usually wasn't much in the way of people inviting him out. It was definitely a pleasant change, considering most people seemed to shy away after the first time he led them out. But he hadn't done anything too stupid, this time, or put Paej in any actual danger, so he figured maybe he could make things work out this time.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:13 am
"I mean... everyone rubs people the wrong way. There's no way to keep everyone happy...?" She was really trying to sound encouraging despite their first meeting. He was more aware of her this time, so Paej really didn't mind what happened before. He learned.

"Well.." she took a long drink of her water and then motioned to the few people dancing. "...Do you dance?"

PrinceFigment

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:23 am
Peppermint Coffee

Jia took a sip of his water, following her gesture to look at the group. "I... Uh... Not really... Don't think I'm much good at it."

His talents definitely didn't lie in rhythm. He had vague memories of his mother dancing with him, back when she was happy, but it had been a while. His father never had much time for that sort of thing, and honestly, Jiaya never really made time for it, either.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:04 pm
"Dancing doesn't have to be good," she said as she moved more toward the group. Her hips were swaying in slow little circles as she held her hand out to him. Paej looked like she was enjoying a bit of his discomfort.

"Come on, Jiaya. Dance." The music was heavy on the drums, but she enjoyed that.

PrinceFigment

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:53 pm
Peppermint Coffee

Jiaya watched her for a moment, raising a brow. This was definitely not something he generally cared for. As much as he enjoyed being the center of attention, he didn't care for it this way. "I really don't..."

He was happy to deal with keldari and limbara, but he being in the middle of everyone, dancing. That wasn't within his realm of talents, for sure. Looking to her outstretched hand, he sighed heavily. "... you aren't gonna let me out of this, are you?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:07 pm
Instead of really answering him, Paej grabbed Jiaya's hand and hauled him forward, making him bump against her before she grinned and started dancing to the pounding drums. Drum and flutes it sounded like, mainly, but it was a quick paced dance.

"Just copy me!" Paej wasn't doing anything fancy, just mainly moving her hips and legs for now to show him. Her eyes were definitely more alive than they'd been before. It was like she was in her second home. So comfortable in her skin, in herself that she didn't care who saw or watched her. You had to get a tough skin when you were so different at such a young age.

PrinceFigment

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:13 pm
Peppermint Coffee

As he was pulled out to the middle of the dance area, he tried to keep his eyes on her. Watching her move, he shook his head, "I don't think my hips move like that."

She looked amazing, getting so into the music. She seemed happier than she'd been all day, for sure. He was enjoying just watching her. Jiaya knew dancing wasn't his thing, but he tried to humor her.  
◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff