Submit

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 6:54 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The pitter-patter of rain had him out and about. The prey animals were out in celebration of the rain that finally graced this small area. The grass and ground would soak it up completely, Jhosef knew, but he didn't care. He was going to enjoy a great feast of gazelle, his favorite meat to eat.

He licked his lips in thought as he moved through the soaking wet tall grass. The ground was getting loose under his paws, making him a little uneasy but still he moved confidently toward a herd just in front of him. It was small, about six or seven gazelle, mainly female if he was noticing right.

Perfect.

He crouched low and let out a growl which wasn't heard by the gazelle over the gentle rumble of thunder.

Hopefully no one was going to spook them.
Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:01 am
Peppermint Coffee

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Kumveka stood on the side of the group of gazelles celebrating the rain. She sighed and watched them she didn't really feel part of the herd, she missed living with Madyimoyo. They had parted recently when they had been unable to gather enough members to start their own pride. So they had bid each other fair well and parted ways. Kumveka thought her brother and sisters of her species were frivolous creatures and she had nothing in common with them. She sensed that trouble was heading their way, but she didn't get the feeling the others had noticed.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:04 am
There was one gazelle he was eyeing in particular. She stood away from the rest and seemed like she wasn't sure she wanted to be there. Good. It made it all the easier for the lion.

Jhosef belly crawled closer, stopping now and then once he saw the prey beasts raising their heads and looking around. He didn't want to screw this up. Jhosef was hungry and this one seemed like good eating. A growl escaped him again as he slowly got into pouncing range.

He did just that, springing up from his grass with a grunt of effort and lunged himself at the blue gazelle female.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:09 am
Peppermint Coffee

Kumveka felt the male lion coming for her as he pounced she dodged out of the way in a swift delicate movement. "You had your pick of dumb females and you pick me??" She frowned at him looking at him like he was a fool. All the others were distracted and she had been listening to everything around her and he had picked her. How dumb was he??  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:16 am
Jhosef skid to a stop at the bold words the gazelle chose to speak at him and he stared at her. His eyes narrowed, nostrils flared, and the lion's anger was getting the better of him.

"You're perfect. Away from the others, alone, and female.." He smirked as he looked the long legged gazelle over. A gazelle had never bothered to speak to him, he figured they were all too stupid to really know how. She just proved Jhosef completely wrong. His blue eyes were still narrowed as the lion continued to circle around her.

"Why should I go for you? You don't have the help of your herd."

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:23 am
Peppermint Coffee

She cocked her eyebrow at him and then rolled her eyes "No I'm not perfect for your meal because I know how to handle lions and wild dogs, I lived with one once and he never tried to eat me. But I with gladly kick you in the eyes if you want to try again." She said sharply "I don't need their protection, besides that isn't the herd's way, if you fall behind you die or are on your own."  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:28 am
"Lived with a hunter? That's a disgrace to them." He spat the words and snorted. Who would live with a prey beast? That made no sense to Jhosef. These people who took a meal and turned it into a companion weren't real lions in his eyes. That went against every instinct a hunter was supposed to have.

The lion gave himself a bit of a shake, his mane and fur getting heavy from the rain. All in all, right now, Jhosef looked half drowned. He also looked relatively miserable and hungry.

She was right there. Yet something about eating a prey beast who actually spoke to him didn't seem to settle right in him.

Stupid morals.

"You couldn't kick me in the eyes if your life depended on it. I've dealt with smarter animals than you."

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:36 am
Peppermint Coffee

Kumveka made an angry sound and attempted to kick the male lion in the eyes with her long legs and her sharp hooves. "Don't talk about him that way you brut." She said in a sharp angry tone. "If anything the shame was mine and that is why I don't fit in with these scardy cats." She hissed as thunder sounded as the rain grew heavier and the other gazelles scattered like field mice. Kumveka jumped back after her attempted attack. She kept a sharp eye on the male lion ready to run away if he lunged to attack her again she wouldn't shrink with fear from him though. He didn't deserve the respect or the fear he likely wanted.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:48 am
That anger flared in him as the gazelle tried to strike him. Jhosef had dodged, of course, managing to not get hit at all by that long hoof.

In an instinctual haze, he lunged out. He wanted to feel his claws in that hide, and his mouth around her throat, or at least her nose so she would slowly leave this world.

However, he pulled himself back at the last moment and growled even low in his throat.

"You're both abominations to your kind," he hissed at her. Oh, he was going to stalk this gazelle more. The lion was going to stalk her and end her life if it was the last thing he did. She didn't have her hunter to protect her. She said she lived with one, not that she was living with one now. His claws dug into the soft earth under him as he stared her down, circling her still.

"Lion versus gazelle, lions win. I don't care what 'training' you've had. I'll give you a chance to live today. All you have to do is run."

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:56 am
Peppermint Coffee

Kumveka was angry and wanted to stand her ground, but trying to fight a full grown male lion was foolish. So she turned and ran for it. Calling over her shoulder "I hope an elephant tramples you, you jerk!!"  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:01 am
With the gazelle running, Jhosef snorted and went the opposite direction. He hoped he ran into her again. She would end up his meal one way or another. How dare she think she was better than him. No prey beast should speak to a hunter that way. No prey beast should speak to a hunter.

Hungry and annoyed, Jhosef made his way back to his den. Oh, he was really irritated.

Midnightglow18

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff