Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:31 pm
AstoriaFallen

Nomvula was taking her role in the pride as seriously as she could but underneath that serious exterior she was still young and had a great deal of learning to do before she really was to be taken seriously. Already, she'd bonded with a vulture that went by the name of Duma and the two were working well together. Duma was a great pair of eyes to have in the sky and she was great at being their claws on the ground. The partnership couldn't have been any more perfect than that.

Nomvula had completed her tasks for the day and allowed her self a little rest time a little outside where the pride was currently stationed. She was enjoying basking in the sun upon a boulder while Duma preened themselves in a near by withered branch of a tree.

There really wasn't anything quite like basking the the warm glow of the day knowing your duties were handled and you could rest easy. She couldn't think of anything more perfect than that.  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:35 pm
Truly his favorite part of his job was chasing away rogue males. While he understood why they might want to hang around it was his job to make sure none of them stayed long enough to make a lasting impression on anyone.

Shaking some residual dust from his mane he padded along their territory, gaze dancing as he looked for a familiar face or two.

Finally he spotted Novumba and her vulture Duma up ahead and he smiled. "Afternoon, have you two been well?" He had seen the pair around a few times and always found her to be easy on the eyes. Though that wasnt his reason for hanging out.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 5:47 pm
(( A lot of this got logged))

Nomvula had been watching Budek for a short time upon her boulder as she laid stretched out and baked in the sun. She was quite content with her self and her newly found lounge area.

"Not as well as you seem to be." Nomvula grinned. "Chasing off rogues are you? How many today did you give the business too?" Duma was subtle but they were doing all they could to lean in to the conversation a little more. Both Nomvula and Duma had a curious streak being so young.

Quote:

AstoriaFallen
If lions could flex, he would have with her comment. Instead he just answered her with a cheeky smile, "Surprisingly, only two. But I thought one was going to give me a run for my money." He laughed a little and peered at her from his spot on the ground.

Looking around he took in the sights and then looked back towards her. "Anything knew to report on Dumas outtings?" Vultures were quite important to the pride and their wings and sight were greatly needed when scouting out water or prey beasts.

"Herdbeasts are doing their standard migration this season. It doesn't seem like there have been many changes in their behavior from what I hear of what they did last year," Duma had not been alive last year so the young vulture had to chat up other vultures and creatures to find out behavior patterns. Birds grew pretty fast in to capable flyers and workers. Duma was proof of that as they sat on their branch all poofed up and proud.

"Wow. Only two?" Nomvula chuckled. "Sounds like the males are getting bolder by the day eh? Do you think that you'll ever be out matched?" She certainly hoped he wouldn't be. Nomvula had a little bit of a crush on Budek from her time growing up in the pride.

Quote:

AstoriaFallen
It was crazy to think that she was the same age as his son, and had one of the vultures from the same clutch, problem was his son would be leaving soon. He'd have to tell sayilmaz he makes good kids because he couldn't deny she was pretty. Despite her being younger.

"That's good to hear, so nothing we should be concerbed about." He smiled at the two of them and then chuckled. "I'm sure one day hopefully not anytime too soon. "

"I doubt it will be. You're really strong," Nomvula pointed out, "And I don't know many males capable of chasing away two lions. I mean in one day. How many do you normally chase off?"

Questions were popping in to Nomvulas mind left and right but it was mainly to keep Budek around. She was enjoying his company around her new found boulder perch and wanted to keep that charming aura close. Duma was catching on to what their partner was up to now. Flirting wasn't exactly Duma's thing but for some reason they couldn't stop listening to this back and forth between to two. Maybe it was because the conversation was going on right beside them.

Quote:

AstoriaFallen
He was pleased she thought so highly of him. "Usually one or two every couple weeks. So today seemed to be an exception." Plus there were a number of them in charge of keeping the pride safe so it wasn't just him out there doing that particular duty.

"You know, my son has Dumas brother. " he figured it might be an interesting topic of conversation.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 5:53 pm
Duma seemed to puff up at the mention of her brother.

"Oh? " She flew over and perched on Nomvula's head. "Our clutch was one of the better ones. If it is true that your son has partnered with my kin than you have nothing to fear. Only good things can come from a vulture and lion pairing. You're son is in good claws." Duma couldn't help but brag about her family and what they were capable of.

Nomvula on the other paw rolled her eyes so hard they almost fell out of her head. There was still a bit of a smile though on her maw.

"Careful with that flattery. It will get you every where." She joked, "You should probably go off and finish your patrol before this one gets a big head and can't fly from carrying the weight."

Duma made a cawing sound out of protest to Nomvula's teasing.

"If I was you.. I would hurry," She teased once more.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 5:58 pm
He laughed at the young vulture, " well, there havent been vulture chicks around in a long time so I'd definitely say you're special." He had to say they were quite a paorx novumla and Duma.

Lookong towards the sky he looked back at the pair. "Care to walk the boarder with me? It would be nice to have some companu."  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 6:01 pm
The two of them were invited to walk with Budek? Nomvula wasa quick to jump off of the boulder which left a very confused and flapping Duma to have to quickly fly after her to regain the perch she'd secured. The two of them were pretty eager to walk with Budek on his boarder patrol and that much was clear with out words.

"Ready as we'll ever be," Duma spoke up for the two of them. There was a flame in Nomvula's eye that sparked she agreed.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 6:02 pm
He was pleased to hear her agree. "Alrifht, follow me." He lead the small group off  
[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games