[PRP] Meerkat Mockery

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:53 pm
User Image

The cloud of dust was noticeable from miles away. At its source was Melo, chest heaving and a snarl etched on her face as she glared balefully down at the ground. Her fur was caked with dirt, but this time, it wasn't caused in a fit of rebellion towards the other lionesses. No, it was entirely due to all the digging she was doing.

Why was she digging? Well....

A meerkat poked it's head up from a nearby hole, and with a roar, she pounced at it - only for it to dive back underground. Undettered, she started throwing handfuls of earth into the air in an attempt to get at it before it could escape.

Melokuhle was certain that they were mocking her. What had started as a hunting venture had turned into the stupid rats chittering every time she missed her catch. Enraged, the lioness had started attacking them instead.

It obviously wasn't going well.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:09 pm
MangoMeow

He couldn't believe how long he'd been here already, the one litter he'd had was already grown into adolescents and he realized he'd be available for challenge soon. Truly he hoped to stay in the pride for a little while longer but it wasn't up to him, it was up to the fates in the end.

As he walked along he heard some sounds and while he looked around he tried to see where it was coming from. Finally he came into view of a familiar face, though she wasn't a cub anymore and she seemed to be having some issues with a meerkat.

Chuckling he approached, "Things going well?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 3:50 pm
The scowl she shot him was answering enough, but she snarked out an answer regardless. "Oh yes. I'm sure I'm meant to be catching dirt right now." She grit her teeth, "Never mind this stupid," a clump of dirt went flying as she began burrowing again, "useless," another clump of dirt, "rabbit-wannabe!"

She snarled and let out an annoyed roar at the sky. Melo would be catching a meerkat today if it was the last thing she did. It was probably a good thing Nqobile wasn't here to witness this. Her sister would never let her live this one down.

Finally, chest heaving with aggravated breathes, she snapped her head over to him. "What are you doing here anyway? Aren't you normally off patrolling or mating or whatever it is you males usually do?"

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:12 am
MangoMeow

He was a little taken aback by the female, while she had been an adolescent when he had challenged into the pride she was a full grown adult now and she had quite the temper it would seem. "I was just curious as to what all the commotion was about, but I can leave if I'm unwelcomed." He truly had no issues going elsewhere, he had really just wanted to know what all the fuss was about.

"Maybe I could help?" He offered to perhaps ease her aggression.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:08 am
Melo huffed and lowered her head in a sulking position. She was debating telling him off, leaving her be, but then the meerkat poked it's head out right underneath her once more. Eyes narrowing, she pounced forward and then growled as it skittered away from her again.

Ugh, this wasn't working. Maybe he had a point. Perhaps with two people, the meerkat wouldn't be able to get away quick enough.

Tapping a claw on the ground, she glanced back at him. "... I wouldn't... mind help." It was said with a petulant scowl, though that was aimed more at the ground than anything else.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:31 am
MangoMeow

Looking around at the holes in the ground he wondered where it might come from. Looking around he found a few rocks and blocked a couple of the further one's out so that it would have to exit from the few they were close to. "That should at least help a little bit." He said hoping that his idea would be a neat little trick and in fact work. Or else it would just be a dumb idea to her most likely and make her more sour and he didn't want that.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:14 am
Melo watched as he moved around, a huffy expression on her face, and tilted her head curiously as he started plugging up the holes with rocks. What was he doing? She wasn't sure this counted as helping if she couldn't spot the stupid creature when it popped out.

It took her a moment longer to realize that said meerkat now wouldn't be able to pop out of those holes. Oh, well.... She had to concede that it was a start.

Ear flicking, she glanced back at him, this time a little more neutrally than the hostility from before, "True." She stalked around to one of the open holes, pausing to sniff at it to see if the meerkat was near this one. "How do we flush it out now though?"

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:37 pm
MangoMeow

Pleased that everything seemed to be working out quite well he looked over at her and then gave a thought. How would they get it to come out now? They could potentially just wait it out but it seemed she wanted to get it out sooner than later.

"Perhaps we can try and dig it out?" given the tunnel systems the ground couldn't be too stable, could it? He was also much heaver than the lionesses so perhaps he could shift some of his weight around and see what would happen.

"I might be able to collapse some of the ground?" In that case it would most likely cause it to scurry out in a hurry for fear of being buried alive. Decided to give it a go he walked around looking for a particularly weak spot to apply a lot of his weight to.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:34 am
She had tried digging before, but was always thwarted by it diving to a different location. Now that it's escape routes were blocked though... maybe he was on to something. At the very least, she would give it a try.

Melokuhle narrowed her eyes at the remaining holes, before standing and moving closer. "Alright. I'll stand over by the holes." She growled, "Let's see it dive away this time."

Crouching beside them, she glanced over at Budek with a flicking tail, paw raised to swipe the second the meerkat decided to show it's face. "Let me know when you're about to start."

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:48 pm
MangoMeow
fin with your post and a close out from me.

When she was in place he started collapsing some of the locations that seemed soft and waited to see what would happen.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:20 am
Melokuhle watched with narrowed eyes as he started collapsing the ground, ears tilted forward in an attempt to hear the rodent coming. Sure enough, she could hear faint scrabbling from below. Tensing up, the lioness waited just a second longer....

And then swiped just as that little head shot out. The meerkat went flying at that point, tossed into the air as it was, and okay, maybe tossing it wasn't the best idea on her part, because now she had to go get it before it recovered from the blow.

"After it!" she yelled, as she sprinted off.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:34 am
MangoMeow
fin!

When it darted off and she chased after it he followed suit and raced off after her and the meerkat.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas