[prp] The Setting Sun (Tiah x Vox)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:19 pm
“Figures." She pouted as she slung herself beside a tree, the cast shadows from the branches above covering her body completely in shade, keeping her safe and cool under the warm sun. It hadn't been that long really, not long enough for it to really matter... yet a part of her felt conflicted. She had no home, no place to return to. No pride. A part of her loathed this fact - yet she knew that it was not the end for her. Life wasn't simply about being a part of a pride, at least life couldn't be that simple... right? Another long-drawn-out sigh escaped her as she crossed her front paws and gazed up into what felt like eternity. The clouds started to kiss the sun to hide it away, at least the day wouldn't be so uncomfortably hot now.

"Silver linings I guess." She smirked as she lowered her head to rest against her paws. She was once a proud outland warrior named after the late Queen Tiah. She was once someone with a fire in her... but now? Now she felt like a cub again, lost and alone in the world. Finding meaning would be difficult. A meaning all of her own. She ironically didn't want to live in the shadow of someone else's glory or fame. This thought made her smile as she drifted off into a light sleep, enjoying the shade and silence. She would find herself within her newly found freedom. She would find her meaning.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:30 pm
Pandorus Sphinx

How many years had passed since the pride was no more? It seemed just as Vox had returned from his pilgrimage, bearing a new name and all, the pride dispersed. Vox was quick to drop his new name, reverting back to the old one he had been born with. His parents were not here to tell him otherwise. The tradition was long gone, there was no need to keep up with it.

The normally quiet lion sighed as he meandered through the roguelands. His paws ached from the constant travel. He needed to find a place to rest soon.

In the distance, he found a cluster of trees. It would do, nice shade to get away from the constant burning sun. Vox was slow to make his way over there, frowning as another form seemed to occupy that space. Oh, seems as if someone else had the same idea.

"Hello," his voice was quiet as he approached the lounging female. "It's been awhile since I've seen another out here."  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:27 pm
She tilted her head to the side as he drew closer to her, no part of her afraid, no part of her startled. Her red eyes fixed on him steadily as he spoke.

"Sorry I didn't see you there." As she spoke she rose her head from her paws, sitting up right and tall, greeting him with a small bow of the head.

"What's your name?" Tiah questioned with a slight smile. It had been a long time since she had seen another lion, let alone a male. She was taught to be cautious of males but for some reason she didn't feel the need to be afraid, not right now at least. He seemed harmless.

"Care to join me? I'm sure we could share the shade." Maybe the question was a little forward but she felt no harm in asking, after all... it was a very hot day.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:40 pm
Pandorus Sphinx

Vox shrugged slightly. "It's okay." He was half tempted to say he was use to it, but he withheld from it.

"Vox." The golden male started. "We had a tradition in my old pride to change our names when we were adults. However, when my pride disbanded, I wasn't ready to give it up just yet." He was sure if the swampies (or mounties, as they turned into) were still around, Bonwa would be his true name.

"Yours?" He decided to asked, padding closer to the female. His paws did ache incredible, so when she offered to join, he jumped (or would have, if there was no pain,) at the opportunity. Vox found himself nestled in the shade, not too close to the female, but in close proximity.

"Been out in the rogue lands all your life?"  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas