WE Strange Weather (Faamy,Eira)[FIN]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:42 pm
It had been quite some time since Faamy had been home to Sauti. Coming through the rains of Tale, she had been rather excited to see the dry earth again. However, when the inn that she hadn't seen in so long came into view, Faamy had to do a double take. It was still pouring rain! Had the inn moved into Tale? No, that couldn't be right...

Ducking into the inn, Faamy shook her cloak off through the doorway so that it wouldn't drip inside. Her perzi, Fermata, gave a little mewl of complaint from inside the bag he had taken refuge in. ""I dunno if they'd like ya runnin' 'round in here," she told him apologetically, giving the feline's ear a scritch. "Just hang tight. I'mma get us a room fer now. Let ya stretch yer legs there."

Orpheus Solon

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:24 pm
Cornetified

Eira was currently moving through the inn, finding herself quite busy today in a way that she normally wasn't. There were always people present but not in as big of numbers as the storms had caused. It was something that she found herself rather grateful for because the bigger the numbers the more people there were to tell others about this place. She really was starting to think that despite how long it had gone on that the rains were a blessing on her inn.

As the bell over the door rang she turned to look in that direction, giving a smile, and waved, "Welcome! Take a place wherever you like and I will be right over to talk with you!" She just had to top off a couple more mugs of ale and she'd be able to give the newcomer all of her attention... for a time at least. That time being when someone else called for her in need of food, drink, lodging, or what have you. Presently the only thing she wasn't able to do were the dances that the regulars liked but at least her son was able to fill in for her for a time.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:58 pm
As usual with crowds, Faamy felt her excitement rise. Fermy wouldn't be a big fan, but Faamy was delighted. At the least, perhaps someone would be able to explain the rains! A familiar voice chimed out, and Faamy spun to find the source. It had been quite some time... Would Eira remember her? Finally catching sight of the inn owner, the bard couldn't help a smile. Eira hadn't changed a bit!

She sat down at the bar with Fermy securely in the cloak. He gave a grumble off irritation, but did not fight his little cocoon. Better in there than out where someone might try to pet him....

Orpheus Solon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:13 pm
Cornetified

After she finally got a chance Eira turned to where the blonde woman was sitting. He gave a smile and trotted over to where she was, "Ah! It's been awhile, I almost didn't recognize you." It had been some time since she'd come to visit the inn, not since she'd stayed and worked for a time gaining knowledge and doing great things for the inn.

A curious look on her face Eira rested her hands on the bar, leaning forward, and asked, "Planning on taking up a position here again? We'd love to have you again." She leaned back once more before adding, "Ah! And if you're in need of anything, food or drink, let me know. It's on the house if you decide to do a performance or two. Given the terrible weather we have more visitors then normal and I can't entertain them all day."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:05 pm
The recognition brought a bright smile to Faamy's face. "It's good ta see ya again, Eira," she purred. "Ah, I'm happy ta do a little show here fer ya an' this soggy crew. Can't stick 'round too long though." Her smile softened slightly. "Still got lots ta see out there." Placing an order for hot soup and a sharp drink, she looked around the room fondly. "This place stayin' afloat in more ways 'n one with all this rain, eh? Lookin' better 'n when I left it!"

Orpheus Solon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:31 am
Cornetified

clapped her hands together in a pleased manner, "Wonderful! I look forward to your show, Faamy." She said with a smile, glad that there was someone else to help out when it came to entertaining those that had gathered. Giving a smile she said, "You're welcome to stay as long as you wish even if it's not for too long." Once upon a time ago she wasn't too big a fan of other women, seeing them as competition at best. These days though she was far different and far more mature, wanting to make friends with other talented people as she had with Faamy.

Glancing around she said, "It seems that the weather has only made the place more popular. Better to hang out in an inn drinking and enjoying a show then getting soaked to the bone outside." The weather was terrible for everyone but good for business so she'd welcome it for a time.

As Faamy mentioned the place looking better then when she left Eira gave a rapid nod of his her head, "Yes! We even have a bath house set up now. Another thing that people are enjoying during these rainy days since it's a good way to warm up." As she spoke she went about getting Faamy her drink first, setting it in front of her, then moved to get a bowl of stew from the cauldron that was ever found in the fireplace. She scooped it up and brought it over to Faamy setting it in front of her along with a spoon, "It's still hot, so be careful."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:49 am
Faamy beamed. "An' just ye wait! I learned a lot since then. Yer show'll be better than ever," she assured. She couldn't wait to get up there and show off how her repertoire had grown. Bring some hearty cheer to the water-logged refugees at the inn.

But first, food.

"A bath house! I might help myself ta that before goin' on stage," she mused lightly, blowing on a spoonful before eating. "So what's up with this weather, anyhow? Don't remember it rainin' like this before in all my years."

Orpheus Solon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:14 pm
Cornetified

"Wonderful!" Eira said, eager to see what the Wind Tribeswoman had learned since the last time that she was here. New songs would be quite welcome by the crowd she was sure, especially since a lot of them had been around a while. Faamy appearing was likely a sign from Chi she thought to herself.

Giving a smile she said, "Alright, I can show you the way once you're done eating." Eira leaned against the bar, relaxing for a moment, before she gave a smile, "The rain is a little strange. I'm sure that it was sent by Chi to help as far as a need for rain was. At least that was what I thought. Now I think she just forgot to turn the tap off and it's still pouring down on us."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:00 pm
Faamy sighed contently as the warm soup hit her belly and quickly followed it with a sip of the drink. Together, they chased off the final chill of the damp that had seemed through her skin. She much preferred the warmth~

Eira's suggestion had Faamy laughing. "Ta think Chi would be forgettin' somethin' that big," she mused with a chuckle and a shake of her head. "Like settin' on a kettle ta heat an' goin' off distracted with company. She got someone she's visitin' up there, ya think?"

Orpheus Solon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:33 am
Cornetified

"I'm sure it would have to be quite a thing to get her that distracted. Another deity visiting, perhaps?" She'd heard a lot of stories from various travelers about the higher powers of their home lands. Maybe one of those beings were meeting with Chi and being some sort of distraction to her? A thought that made Eira giggle a bit because it was like comparing a Goddess to a flustered teenage girl.

"While I am enjoying the influx of customers I am hoping that the poor weather wraps up soon. I'd rather people come to visit because they want to and not because it's the best place to be due to the rain." Not that she thought the soggy weather was the only reason people were visiting. She was far too arrogant to think that she wasn't at least part of why so many people had come calling.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:57 am
Faamy laughed lightly. "At the least! Gotta be somethin' ta make 'er miss everyone askin' fer it ta stop down here." She gave an understanding smile as well and nodded in agreement. She knew the feeling well enough. It was much more satisfying to know that people were there for you rather than out of necessity. Especially in a packed room like this! Still, she was confident that they would be happy to be there once she got up~

The smell of the soup finally caused a distressed little mewl to come from the bag, a dark little nose poking out from under the flap to sniff the aromatic air.

"Ah! I don't think you met this guy yet, Eira." Flipping the cover open, Fermata was able to stick his head out and gave it a shake of relief before squinting suspiciously at Eira. His nose continued to sniff the air until Faamy handed him a piece of meat from the soup. "This here's Fermata! Promise I ain't gonna let 'im run 'round wild here. He'll be stayin' in the room. He's not fan o' the rain, neither."

Orpheus Solon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:08 pm
Cornetified

"It would take someone wholly attractive and interesting to cause me to space off things so important." Eira said, heading tilting to one side as she thought about what sort of man it would take to really distract her that much that she could let some things fall by the wayside. They would need to be a man among men, the top ranking in his field, and somehow still not an arrogant sort for her to get so distracted that much was sure.

"Hm?" Mew? Leaning forward Eira looked down at the odd little creature that Faamy had in her pack. There was a moment where she seemed to be sizing it up before she said, "It's alright, it's small enough that it gets a free pass and is allowed inside. I do appreciate that you're not going to get him run wild. I already have to worry about family pets doing that." Luckily at the moment Li had his two pets in his room where they couldn't cause too much trouble for any of those around hanging out.

Reaching out to tapped a finger against the nose of the small beast Eira said, "So long as you behave you can stay."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:02 pm
Brow cocking lightly, Faamy smirked with a knowing nod. "Indeed they would," she agreed. At least, she liked to think it would take only the best of men to distract her from something important.. but who could say?

Fermata squinted at the finger coming toward him, a mouthful of food stopping him from hissing. Instead, he gave a disgruntled grumble and ducked back into the bag.

Faamy chuckled lightly. "Bit of a brat til ye feed 'im." Scraping the bowl clear and emptying her mug, Faamy wiped her lips and gave Eira a bright smile. "Now, how 'bout that room? I'll get settled, an' get ready ta hop on stage fer ye~"

Orpheus Solon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:36 pm
Cornetified

"Of course! Let's get you to your room. We have a single room open upstairs that you can take for as long as you need." She said, pushing away from the bar before she walked around it and over to Faamy's side. Once there she motioned to the blond and lead her toward the free room upstairs.

As they went she spoke with a few people here and there, making sure that they were all doing alright, and otherwise offering to refill their drinks once she had a moment free. She also let everyone know that more entertainment would be up on stage soon. A cheer went up and she couldn't help but to chuckle, "Always a lively bunch." Turning to Faamy she said, "With such a big crowd your sure to do well on tips."

Eira was then heading up the steps, unlocking one of the rooms before offering the key to Faamy, "I'll see you on stage when you're ready." Until that time she had drinks to serve.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

◈ Events

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces