[WE] Weather (Olli x Valek) FIN

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:04 pm
"It's rainin', it's pourin', the ole man is....is somethin'!" Valek grinned as he splashed through yet another puddle. It seemed that the dusty streets of Oba weren't so dusty anymore and the innocent boy was having a blast. If anything he loved getting dirty and he especially loved getting into water! He was thankful that they lived in Jatine in comparison to the more 'deserty' areas of the desert country but even then summers could get rather hot and dry here. And never before had he seen so much rain! Was the sky super upset? He had tried asking his parents that before and instead of being amused it seemed that worry had crossed their brows instead.

Was it really so awful that they were getting so much water to play in? The thought caused the boy to frown as he slowed his steps and glanced about the street. Others seemed pretty worried and some were even beginning to stack bags together while some build ditches, "What are ya doin'?" He asked sweetly as he peered over one of the piles of bags. While his momma lived in the apartment above the shop they had a flurry of neighbors in the district and he recognized the baker from down the way who was currently sweating bullets (or was that all the rain simply collecting on their forehead?).

"Preparing for more rain, boy." The bigger Oban frowned as he swatted towards Valek, "You should be home with your mom tryin' to get ready in case the storms don't stop."

Pursing his lips Valek could only shake his head before taking a few steps back and heading further down the street. He still had some time and his momma had sent him to grab some food anyways. Something about stocking up in case they had to stay in the apartment for a few days straight cause of the flooded streets. So before he even thought of going home hehad to make it to the markets first!  
Nilah:

Olliandr splashed in every puddle he found and sometimes twice in the really big ones. When he had asked his dad about all the rain since it seemed abnormal even for Jatine, his dad wasn't quite sure how to answer. Was it a blessing or a curse? Qoraekai had been going to the various shrines to pray to the gods for guidance. While his family might not be the most religious, his father still felt the gods deserved their due.

So this time his father didn't make him go again. Olliandr found himself just wandering around town watching everyone 'prepare' in their own ways. He made sure not to splash anyone so when he had to skip a puddle he gave the next one a few extra jumps.  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Valek was dashing along, dodging people carrying planks of wood and more bags, and jumping over even more puddles when suddenly he forgot to dodge and found himself tumbling into another boy near his age, "Ooomph!" Valek groaned as he tumbled away from the other body and into a puddle, "S-sorry." He breathed out as he rolled onto his side, his clothing soaking up the muddy waters quickly as his elbow sunk into the wet ground, "Are you okay?" The hybrid boy blinked, his strange gaze oddly gentle as he studied over the other hybrid.

And then after a long moment he realized that laying there in the mud puddle perhaps was not the wisest decision and with a strangely wet popping sound pulled his arm out of the ground and pushed himself up to his feet. Then once he had his footing again a muddy hand reached forward to offer the other boy help as well.  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:05 pm
Nilah:

The boy was just wandering aimlessly and minding his own business when WHAM. He felt something crash into him from behind causing him to tumble heels over head through the mud and puddles until he stopped laying on his stomach with his face in a puddle. The boy rolled over and groaned. After a minute he stood up with help from another his age who had apparently been the culprit of mowing him down. "Yeah I'm okay. I've had worse!" Olli dusted himself off, what he could anyway. He was use to rough and tunble from having a brother.  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Lowering his hands so that he instead was trying to flick some of the drier mud from his clothing Valek grinned, "That's good!" It would have been such a hassle if the other boy had been super upset. The last time he had plowed into another person they had thrown such a tantrum. Valek finished rubbing the mud off of his hands by rubbing his fingers along his pants and then took a couple steps towards the boy, "At least it was a soft fall, right?" He teased lightly, "Before you'd have just hit hard dirt and probably some sand."

He gestured towards the rain falling around them. One good thing was that even if he was super muddy at least by the time he got home most would have been washed off. Admittedly he'd look like a drowned perzi himself but still!  
Nilah:

"I suppose that is a good thing! Though my Dad always says falling down and getting hurt isn't always a bad thing and that it builds character. I'm not exactly sure what that means but in pretty sure it means it's okay to get hurt. " Olli smiled as he wiped the hair out of his eyes. The boy looked like a hybrid, a little odd with his purple hair and oban skin and crystals. But he knew how much his brother got teased and he wasn't about to do so to this other kids

"I'm Olliandr, or Olli for short. What's your name?"  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Valek grinned with amusement, "Oooh? Then that's good because I fall down a lot!" He had a habit of getting at least one scrape a week if not daily and gods only knew how many bruises he could earn as well. But that was ok it was usually worth it to have some fun and explore.

At the introduction Valek blinked in surprise before smirking. It seemed he had met someone who wasn't quite bothered by his strange appearance. Rememebering his manners from his parents the boy stuck out a hand, "Nice to metcha, Olli. I'm Valek!"  
Nilah:

Olliandr laughed. It seemed he and this boy had some stuff in common, at least that they were the rough and tumble type. "WELL Valek, it's nice to meet you! So what do you think about this rain? All the adults seem pretty worried." Why he wasn't really sure, each kinda had their own reasons and we're all busy. Maybe this other boy had an idea! "Do you want to go see what other cool things the rain has done? I've been jumping in all the puddles!!"  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

At the question Valek frowned and as he thought about it the boy held out a hand to catch the fat droplets of water, "Well I like it!" He declared before pursing his lips in an afterthought, "But the adults talk like it could turn the town into a new river so that part I'm not so happy with." He liked his home and definitely didn't wanna leave it!

"Oooh! Sure!" He grinned before taking a step forward and pausing, "But can we have fun and go towards the market too? My mom wanted me to get supplies and food cuz of the rains..."  
Nilah:

So maybe that was why all the adult were so worried. They thought it was going to turn the town into a river! Olli agreed with the other boy, he wouldn't be happy with that either. Especially not if it affected all of Oba! Oba wasn't supposed to have this much rain. Would it end up like Matori?

"Okay sure! We can go towards the market! I can help you carry things if you want! My dad doesn't expect me home for a little while since he'll be out. What all do you need to get?" Olliandr turned and started jumping in the puddles towards the market not even looking back to see if Valek was following or not.  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:06 pm
Valek smiled at the eagerness of the other boy to help him out, "mostly things that don't go bad quickly like nuts, dried fruits, rice, and such." He gestured towards the now muddy bag hanging from his arm, "Anything I can fit in here for what I have!" He had a few coins that his parents trusted him with and he had haggled down prices before so Valek felt fairly confident that he could do this.

"I'll hit more puddles than you!" Laughing Valek dashed after the other boy while counting the number of splashes out loud, "One! Two! Three!"  
Nilah:

"That makes sense! Though I guess that means you don't need my help...but I'd still go with you if you wanted!" Olli was kind of surprised the boy had enough money to out a whole bunch of things in his bag! Then again, he never really had much need for money since going to the market was normally something he and his dad did together. And then the boy made a challenge that he would have to his own brother. "HEY NO FAIR. You started counting before I could!" He'd just have to jump in more to compensate! "One! Two! Three!! Four!! Five!!!" And he kept jumping and counting as fast as he could. His previous carefulness about splashing was forgotten and he just wanted to win!  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

"You can help me put them in my bag and stuffs!" Valek replied with amusement. He could always use a helping hand with carrying things. His dad had been wary of sending him out alone but since he was a bit older now and the floods made things a bit dire Tytus had no real choice. Not when he had to go and help take care of citizens while the city was preparing for the rising waters. Valek of course had been eager to go out and help. It definitely made him feel useful!

Laughing as the other boy started catchong up Valek made certain to double splash to add to his count, "Almost there!" He teased as the market came into view. If anything at least the rains had let him meet a fun friend like Olli!  
Nilah:

"Okay I guess that works. I hope they'll be okay in your bag though! It's kind of we'd and muddy...Maybe the merchants can wrap it up good!!" As he noticed Valek double splashing he knew he found a friend in this kid. It was something he would have thought of in order to beat his own brother! "Good thinking on double splashing! I think you deserve to win this one!" They started getting close to the market and Olli slowed down. "Olliandr, your dad said to go home, he had just stopped in and asked if I'd seen you and to tell you to go home if I did!" One of the merchants told him as soon as they got into the market. "Okay! Thank you for telling me! I guess this is goodbye Valek! Let's play again sometime! Byee!" And the boy ran off after waving for a few steps. Man he sure had fun!  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

◈ Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces