Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[prp] The best feeling in the world (Jailla, Phay, dragons)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:24 pm
You and your stars, Micheth wasn’t unhappy about watching them, and he certainly didn’t mind when Jailla requested he invite Tinanath. He had grown fond of the other blue. His seemed to hold Tinanath’s in the highest esteem. Tinanath, Mine wishes for you and yours to join us in viewing the stars.

“Thanks, Miche.” Jailla smiled at her blue and reached to stroke his eyeridge. “What do you think, should I tell Phay what I think of him?”

It’s always best to be honest, Micheth said, But I cant advise you to reveal your feelings too soon, Mine. You want to be cautious in this and all aspects of your life.

“I think I’ll tell him.”  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:42 pm
Tinanath perked up in his wallow at the message from his brother. Mine, Micheth's rider requests our presence at the beach. Frankly the blue welcomed the opportunity to get out of the barracks, and he was sure His would as well. Ph'ton had been lost in studying all day and they hadn't had a lick of fun. They hadn't done anything! Maybe he could get His to play!

Ph'ton looked up from his book and shoved his dark hair out of his face. "Oh? She does?" His mood perked up immediately. Since they Impressed their dragons, they hadn't had much chance to be together, not like they had before, when they were just candidates. "Did Micheth say why?"

To watch the stars...

Slapping the book shut, the bluerider stood so quickly he knocked his chair over. "Let's go!" he grinned, and he and Tinanath ran for the entrance of the senior weyrling barracks. Tinanath was big enough now that Ph'ton could ride him, so he climbed onto the dragon's bare withers and with a few quick flaps of Tinanath's wings the pair soared across the weyrbowl and down to the beach. Ph'ton slid off onto the sand before Tinanath had even landed, and his grin widened when he saw Jailla.

"Hi," he said happily, plopping onto his rear next to her. "Shells, I've missed you."

Tinanath trotted over to Micheth and nuzzled his brother. Greetings, brother mine. I gather you and Yours have been busy? Too busy to say hello to me and Mine?

Thaliawen

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:03 pm
Jailla started to smile when she spotted Phay, and while she didn’t take his hand when he sat down, she did move a finger, as if she’d considered it. “I’ve missed you too, Phay,” she said. It had been so much easier when they were candidates. Less lessons, less things to focus on. She wouldn’t have given Micheth up for the world, but candidates didn’t seem to appreciate how lucky they were. “I’m sorry I’ve been so busy. I kept wanting to see you.”

I am never too busy to say hello to you, brother mine. Micheth assured Tinanath with a nuzzle. Are you going to be watching the stars with ours? I feel like Mine has much to say tonight.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:18 pm
"I kept wanting to see you too," replied Ph'ton, barely resisting the urge to take her hand, to reach out and touch her silky copper-colored hair. No contact yet between them, those were the rules. He sighed. "Yeah, it feels like the closer we get to graduating, the more lessons they give us. So much to cram into my brain, my head's gonna burst!" He held his head in mock agony, then plopped his hands into his lap and looked over at Jailla. "I can't wait til, y'know, we can hold hands again."

Tinanath laid down on the sand and tilted his head. Much to say? Hmmm. Micheth's rider Jailla had always seemed rather soft-spoken, or maybe it was just she had a hard time getting a word in edgewise with Ph'ton. He loved His, of course, but the young man had a tendency to speak what was on his mind at the exact moment it occurred to him. Do you have any idea what it might be about? The blue had forgotten about playing in the surf -- this was much more interesting.

Thaliawen

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:21 pm
“I feel like we have to cut our heads open at the top to make room for everything we’ve learned!” Jailla agreed. The closer to graduation, the worse it became. She paused and smiled at him. “Me either,” she said. “I wanted to talk about next month. We’ll be getting our own weyrs. Where do you think would be the best stargazing spot?”

About our living quarters, about feelings, Micheth snorted in distaste. There they go, see? Living quarters. And she’s bringing up stars to subtly suggest living together. Mine is clever! She is taking my advice after all. Micheth seemed very pleased.

Want to take a stroll with me in the surf, brother mine?  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:52 am
Ph'ton nodded, a big happy smile on his face. Their own weyrs! That was going to be exciting! He and Jailla would be able to get together whenever they wanted! And do pretty much whatever they wanted! He hoped they got assigned to the same wing, though the odds of that were kind of slim. But! Their own weyrs!

"Yeah! That's gonna be great! Um, the best stargazing spot?" The young man tilted his head in thought, looking up at the crystal-clear night sky as he pondered Jailla's question. "Hmm. See, I would think down here on the beach -- there are those beach weyrs with sand wallows for dragons that would be perfect, I think. Or maybe waaaaaaaay up high on the wall of the Weyr bowl. You need someplace you can set up like... whatever you use to look at stars." He looked over at her and nodded again. "That's what I think."

Tinanath casually eavesdropped on Ph'ton's conversation. They were talking about living quarters. It was kind of interesting, the things they were taking into consideration. Stargazing? They're talking about best stargazing locations. What does that have to do with feelings?

Rising, he shook the sand off his rich blue hide. Yes, I think a walk in the surf is an excellent idea, brother mine. You can expound upon your advice to Yours and living together.

Thaliawen

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:09 am
But which would be better? The beach had its advantages... so did being high. She thought for a moment, looking up. “I think a beach weyr might be nice,” she said, then, after listening to Ph’ton. “I could come out every night and see the stars.” She’d been careful not to include that we. That’d be awkward. They weren’t to that point yet.

“I could set up a telescope and maybe study when we aren’t in drills.”

I don’t pretend to understand our riders, Micheth immediately pointed out. Stargazing is a strange way to chose where to live, he added. He certainly wouldn’t mind the beach, though. Warm sands, water to swim in... Would you mind very much, living with me, brother? There were undoubtedly more impressive dragons than he, but they were what Jailla insisted on calling friends.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:23 pm
"You know," Ph'ton said, leaning a little closer to Jailla, "I like the idea of a beach weyr too. The sand and surf right there, right outside my door, going to sleep with the sound of the ocean in my ears... Maybe -- maybe we could get weyrs next to each other?" He looked at her, brown eyes large and hopeful. "You know, so we could... be closer and stuff?"

Tinanath whuffled in agreement. I don't understand our riders either. If it were left to me, I would choose the place with the best wallow! And I think the best wallow is here on the beach. The sand feels so good on my hide... He let his thoughts drift off to warm sand and water, sleeping under the stars and frolicking in the waves. Ah, bliss.

His brother's question caught him by surprise. Living with you? Of course I would not mind! Tinanath stopped and eyed Micheth. You are my brother, we are closer than brothers even. I would not mind living with you at all! He snorted and raised his head imperiously. If you like, I can work on convincing Mine that living on the beach is the best solution.

Thaliawen

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:36 pm
Well, maybe they could do that. "Yeah, our weyrs could be next to each other," Jailla offered him a smile, studying him briefly. She loved seeing him smile. "The ocean lulling us to sleep every night, it'll be beautiful," she agreed. "I think Tinanath and Micheth would like that, too," she added, looking to the blues.

I would, too. Micheth agreed. The best place to think would be a warm wallow near the water, he figured. The sound of the waves crashing on the sound was beautiful, soothing even. We could swim whenever we wanted, he added, thoughtfully. They would dry off in the sun and enjoy each other's company. There were so few dragons Micheth enjoyed the company of.

He seemed a bit surprised at Tinanath's response. His eyes whirled a slow blue. They were brothers, the closest bond Micheth had other than his rider. I wouldn't mind either, he said. We can work on that together, I like this solution. He made his way towards the waves. Come brother, walk with me.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:41 pm
"I think they would," Ph'ton nodded happily. She agreed! She wanted to be with him! Even living next door to him was wonderful! He knew full well they could get in trouble for even talking about this, but it was important for the future. Their future. Following her gaze, he watched Tinanath and Micheth rise and shake the sand off their hides and head to the water. "Yeah, I really think they would." He turned back to Jailla and grinned. "We'll have to talk to Liat, y'know, let her know what we'd like to do. I'm sure she'll say it's okay! I mean, like when it's time to pick our own weyrs," he added sheepishly

Trotting ahead of Micheth, Tinanath reached the edge of the water and let the waves wash over his feet. Yes, this would be an excellent place to live. All the swimming we wanted! He frolicked for a little bit, heading further out into the sea before turning and, dipping his muzzle into the water, splashed Micheth playfully. Think of the fun we'll have!

Thaliawen

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:30 pm
"Yeah, we can ask her when it comes time," Jailla agreed, and gave him a smile. "I don't think there'll be a problem with us having weyrs here," she added, thoughtfully. "Look at them, they're already enjoying it," she said, looking towards their blues. "Micheth is so serious all the time, I was worried. Tinanath seems to bring out another side of him."

All...the splashing? Micheth was surprised at the idea, but followed his brother into the surf. He snorted at the splash before dipping his head and returning it. All the swimming we want, he agreed. All the baths we need.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:03 pm
Ph'ton watched the two young dragons splash each other. His hand reflexively reached for Jailla's, but he remembered the rules and stopped himself. Shells, it would be great to be able to hold hands with her again, to touch her and wrap his arms around her and keep her close. How long until they were clear to do that again?

"Uh, yeah, Tinanath is super playful," he replied, sitting back a little bit so he wasn't tempted. "I guess it's just their different natures or something. Micheth is serious, Tinanath is playful. Though he can be serious sometimes too, especially if he wants something or has a set goal in mind." All trace of problematic feelings faded as he looked at his beloved blue, and he smiled. He couldn't imagine life without Tinanath.

Come, brother mine. With a flap of his wings, Tinanath lifted into the air, only to intentionally drop back down into the shallow water with a splash. He immediately ducked his body down into a play bow, holding his head just above the incoming waves so he wouldn't get a snoutful of seawater. Come play! Let's swim and frolic in the waves!

Thaliawen

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:20 am
“Yeah, they’re different,” Jailla agreed. “Maybe Tinny can help Micheth loosen up.” She looked towards the two blues and smiled. It seemed like the darker blue was already working on that.

What? Micheth took a step back, eyes whirling rapidly in surprise. Frolic? He echoed. Wasting energy frolicking didn’t seem like a good way to spend his time. He awkwardly mimicked his brother’s pose, playbowing and getting a sudden nose full of sea water. He snorted and shook his head to get the water out.

How do I do this frolic thing?  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff