Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:30 pm
Strange Weather ☂

Solo or RP Format
Counts as 5 RP growth Points
Solo word minimum is 750, RP post minimum is 7

Prompt

As Spring rolls into Summer in Tendaji it appears that something is not as it should be. In fact, strange and unpredictable weather is happening all across the world. Strong storms, bizarre heat waves, unheard of snow storms, floods, and other similar events are happening in all of the countries. Some are superstitious, seeing it as a warning of great evil, others blame the Dretch, some shrug it off as a freaky incident, and others ignore that it's even such an oddity.

However, one thing is certain - all the lands are dealing with these weird weather outbreaks in their own way. How are you handling matters? Do you try to help others, are you too focused on yourself, or do you want to try and find answers for the causes behind these recent events? Or did you get caught out in the disaster yourself and these are your memories of how you had to fight against the odds to get to safety?

Basically this is a solo (or a rp with a friend) to write out how your character is being affected by these strange occurrences in Tendaji.

Please see the below to see what is occurring in each region!

Chibale and Matori are both suffering from snow - something that has rarely hit these warmer countries before! A blizzard especially is unheard of.

Jahaur and Yael are experiencing drought. Rain hasn't fallen for the last couple of weeks...

Tale, Sauti, and Oba are experiencing massive amounts of rain to the point that some of the desert is flooding.

Zena is having the strangest heat wave and some areas once covered year-round with snow and ice are even starting to melt...

Belrea is shaken. Literally. A huge earthquake has ripped through the continent scaring many and even now faint rumbles from its impact shift at random beneath your feet.  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:36 pm
Orpheus Solon

Phaedra stood wrapped in a blanket and half shivering. She couldn't understand where this weird weather had come from. Truthfully she couldn't ever remember being told of a time when Matori had snow! She rubbed her large belly as the child within kicked in response to her shivering. "It's ok little one." Phae cooed at her stomach.

Turning her head she looked out toward the waves. Or.. the frozen arches. Most of the water close to the shore had been cooled to the point of becoming a solid. "I wonder why it decided to turn so cold." She certainly wasn't a fan of the cold weather. After years of living in Oba and having the nice warm sun all the time, well she wasn't exactly sure she wanted cooler temperatures anymore. "I wish it would go back to normal." Phae murmured to herself.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:12 am
Heras Box

Bushi walked over to where Phaedra was sitting, taking a knee, before wrapping another blanket around her shoulders in a gentle manner before he said, "Who'd of thought that Drach would be in such a mood, huh? Had I been aware I'd of put off our trip here." He wished that he could have know that the God of Storms and Rain would be so upset, to the point that he'd risk butting heads with Ubeli the Goddess of the Moon and Ocean. It was something worth seeing though he'd of rather heard about it through rumor instead of seeing it close up since close up meant his family having to deal with it as well.

Sitting down next to his wife he said, "I do hope it starts to warm up soon." Preferably before his wife went into labor since it would be tough for a healer to get here in such weather. He might have to consider a change of venue, perhaps bringing her to stay in an inn so that she was closer to where the healers were located? He'd given the weather a couple more days to start to behave before he did that though.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 3:34 pm
Orpheus Solon

She looked up at Bushi as he wrapped another blanket around her. "Thank you Bear." With him sitting next to her she moved so that she was a bit closer. "Spirits help us if his mood gets any worse."

"Mm, are the kids warm enough?" Phae looked back into the house where she assumed her twins were. "What about Profit and Aatos?" Her worry about everyone was making her anxious. With a frown she brought her gaze back to her husband. "Should we try to help others?" What if there were people out there that needed help with the odd happenings.

"I don't know what to do Bear. I've never seen snows this bad." A little bit, sure, but this? With a deep breath she looked out at the frozen waters on the sand and rubbed her belly again.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:55 pm
Heras Box

Bushi gave a nod of his head, "Yes... let's hope his rage subsides soon. He might need a sit down with Atun, then maybe things will clear up." A shame that it would be later rather then sooner though since it was cold right here and now. Shaking his head a little bit he said, "The twins should be alright, I got them some extra blankets. As for the beasts, I have Aatos in one of the rooms while Profit is with the twins. It means the twins will have to share for now but it should be alright."

Giving a shake of his head at the mention of helping others he said, "No, not right now. The weather is too poor and you're not in any condition to be running around in a blizzard." Wrapping one arm around Phaedra he hugged her closer and said, "Try not to worry. If the weather keeps acting up then we will just have to move to an inn so that we can be closer to the healers we need for when the baby arrives. If the weather turns for the good then we will stay here."  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:08 am
Orpheus Solon

She looked at Bushi as he told her she was in no condition to go around in the blizzard. Phaedra chuckled and nodded her head. "Yeah, I suppose you're right." Not that it would really stop her if someone really needed the help.

"Bear, I will be fine without a healer." Phae had considered the possibility that she might not be able to get one. It was a situation that she really didn't want but was prepared for. "We won't have to make it to an Inn if you or the twins can fetch one when the time comes." She smiled at him. If all things worked out well, then she wouldn't go into labor for another few weeks so the weather should pass by then.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:27 pm
Heras Box

Bushi gave a nod of his head, "I'm sure that you will be fine but I'd rather make sure that there is a healer nearby that can make sure you are more then just fine. I want you to be comfortable, at ease, and ready no matter what. The weather is just threatening to get in the way of that." He turned to look outside, taking in the weather was was just the God of Storms throwing a fit and then sighed, "I hope that things clear up long before we have to worry about it." Especially since he didn't want his babies to have to deal with such weather first hand. It was bad enough that the twins had to deal with it.

Shaking his head he gave her a once over, tucked the blankets closer around her before hugging her close, wanting to offer her his own warmth along with what the blankets had to offer her. Giving a smile he said, "I'm sure that things will work out. And if the weather continues to be poor then perhaps I will have to leave some offering to Atun or On'os, either one would be helpful in this situation." While praying to one God to deal with another wasn't the ideal he felt it might have to be done if Drach continued.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:59 am
Orpheus Solon

Once she was wrapped in his arms for added warmth she smiled and reached out of the blankets to pat his arm. "It'll work out Bear. The baby will be fine." Phaedra smiled up at him. "I'm more worried about the twins. They've never seen snow." Or cold weather. Awat might be closer to the border than Sulburi but it was still in the desert.

As her husband said that he would make an offering to one of the other gods she thought about it then shook her head. "No, I think pleading with Drach himself would be a better idea. He might understand." Moving a little she did what she could to tuck her legs up under herself to keep them warmer. Being that she only wore a dress, and it was short, they had little to keep them from freezing.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:18 pm
Heras Box

"They are tough though. I'm sure that they will be alright. Now they might complain a bit, Shura especially, but I think that they will be alright." Last he'd see she was demanding that Proft sit closer to her so that the bird could help to keep her and Dovian warm, something that made him chuckle a bit just thinking about it.

As she mentioned offerings to Drach to get him to cal down he nodded, "It's possible." Though he wanted to get on Atun's good side too since he was the one in charge of the sun. Either way he'd be happy if the weather would just return to how it was supposed to be. Once that happened then things would become much easier all around. It would also allow him to get back to work, something that was difficult if not impossible to do while the weather remained so foul.

Getting to his feet he moved to feed the fire that they had going in the fire pit. It was normally there for cooking but it was getting much more of a work out then usual.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:51 pm
Orpheus Solon

She still worried about the twins. Even with reassurances they were still her babies and they had never been anywhere cold. When Bushi got up the baby kicked and she adjusted herself. Rubbing her hand along the spot that had been assaulted she looked down at her belly. "Calm down little one, your daddy is just making it warmer for us."

Moving her gaze to her husband she smiled at him. "I have a feeling your attention will be demanded when the baby is born." It was nice to know that there would be a bond between father and baby. Phae gave a shiver when a chill hit her and she pulled the blankets tighter to keep in the warmth. "Do you think the snows will let up soon? Maybe the kids would like to play in it."  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:43 pm
Heras Box

Once the fire was going a bit stronger he moved to sit next to Phaedra again, "Alright, that should be alright. Just let me know if you need anymore blankets and I will get them for you, Sprite." He said, giving his wife a kiss on each cheek and then her forehead. He'd do anything for her, get anything for her, if it meant that she and the baby were able to be more comfortable and happy.

Giving a smile he said, "I don't mind. I'm only too happy to help in any way that you or our children need." He'd make sure that the twins helped out as welll so that their mother didn't have to take care of everything, especcially when he was at work.

"I hope so. Once the weather eases off then it should be alright for them to play in the snow. I think we should have them hold off until the wind lets up though." It was the wind that was whipping up the sand and snow on the beach, not to mention that it was what was making the waves so violent. Best that the kids stay inside for their own safety.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:42 pm
Orpheus Solon

She smiled at Bushi. "We're fine Bear."

Phaedra wasn't sure how many times she would need to say it before he relaxed. Honestly she couldn't remember if it had worked the last time she was pregnant.Still she shook her head and snuggled into the blankets. "Mm, well I wouldn't let the kids out in this weather unless I knew it was safe." Considering the treatment someone got for hurting her son it was up to Bear's imagination what she would do to the gods if the weather were to harm her kids.

As the baby in her belly rolled she gave a small grunt and sat up straighter. "This little one moves a lot more than the twins did." Of course she wondered if that might be because there was only one in there and much more room to move around.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:10 pm
Heras Box

Bushi looked down at Phaedra's belly, actually able to see it moving in a visible manner, before he said, "It likely means that we have another active one on our hands like Shura." Which meant that they were going to have their hands very full soon enough, though hopefully not too soon he thought to himself, a smile ever present on his face.

"Since there isn't much to do at the moment until the weather lets up what do you think about a nice nap? I know I would quite enjoy that." Getting to curl up with his wife and just get to laze around under the blankets sounded like a good way to spend time to him. So long as he remembered to wake up from time to time to continue to check on her, check on the twins, and feed the fire. A nap of sorts, just one that was a bit in the sporadic manner at least.  
◈ Events

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games