Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:56 pm
Strange Weather ☂

Solo or RP Format
Counts as 5 RP growth Points
Solo word minimum is 750, RP post minimum is 7

Prompt

As Spring rolls into Summer in Tendaji it appears that something is not as it should be. In fact, strange and unpredictable weather is happening all across the world. Strong storms, bizarre heat waves, unheard of snow storms, floods, and other similar events are happening in all of the countries. Some are superstitious, seeing it as a warning of great evil, others blame the Dretch, some shrug it off as a freaky incident, and others ignore that it's even such an oddity.

However, one thing is certain - all the lands are dealing with these weird weather outbreaks in their own way. How are you handling matters? Do you try to help others, are you too focused on yourself, or do you want to try and find answers for the causes behind these recent events? Or did you get caught out in the disaster yourself and these are your memories of how you had to fight against the odds to get to safety?

Basically this is a solo (or a rp with a friend) to write out how your character is being affected by these strange occurrences in Tendaji.

Please see the below to see what is occurring in each region!

Chibale and Matori are both suffering from snow - something that has rarely hit these warmer countries before! A blizzard especially is unheard of.

Jahaur and Yael are experiencing drought. Rain hasn't fallen for the last couple of weeks...

Tale, Sauti, and Oba are experiencing massive amounts of rain to the point that some of the desert is flooding.

Zena is having the strangest heat wave and some areas once covered year-round with snow and ice are even starting to melt...

Belrea is shaken. Literally. A huge earthquake has ripped through the continent scaring many and even now faint rumbles from its impact shift at random beneath your feet.  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:04 pm
Sabra Knight

V'demhe couldn't believe her eyes as she stared at the melting snow and ice that was all around. That couldn't be safe. Surely the frozen stuff would eventually start to slide and cause an avalanche.

She knew she had complained about the cold but she had never intended for the temperature to rise! It was dangerous. "I don't like this..." She spoke aloud. Dem lifted her eyes to the sky and searched. Just what she was looking for was a mystery. Maybe she expected to see magic of some sort messing around with the weather of Zena. Anything really that could explain what was going on.

It wasn't just one or two days of warm weather either, this had been going on for a while. The tall alk had to admit she was thankful for the cold nights since it helped to freeze some of the melting ice again. "Something is very wrong." Her voice rang out again. Her words made her wonder if perhaps Zena was not the only place affected. She would need to find someone with some word from other territories.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:10 am
Heras Box

Zyphire didn't realize that he had left Zena for Jahaur. The shifter frowned at the sarcastic thought that crossed his mind as he studied the melting ice. It was ungodly warm and he had even found himself putting his furs into his travel bag as it was simply too warm to wear layers. Flicking a stray bang away from his face the shifter just huffed before trekking through some more mud. Mud! His gaze narrowed before he shook his head. He saw this in the valley where Talisai lived since it was a bit closer to the southern border, but up here? It was rare indeed.

"Something is wrong indeed." Zyphire replied without thinking as he heard someone voice his own thoughts. But then as he turned the corner and spotted an Alkidike the man completely stumbled to a halt, "Or did I really take a wrong turn and end up in Jahaur?" He voiced as he blinked towards the woman in surprise. An Alk in Zena?  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:50 pm
Sabra Knight

Dem heard someone answer her words and she turned her head. Upon spotting the shifter she gave him an equally confused expression. "Jahaur indeed." She commented.

Looking around at the mud and then back to the boy she shook her head. "I came to Zena when the weather was freezing. I've not left it since, so no.. this isn't Jahaur." Though she had wished to be there before she hadn't traveled that way. V'demhe was still waiting on her son to finish his visit to his earthling family. When he was ready to go home, or she was needed home, she would travel back down the mountain and make her way to Matori.

"I don't suppose Zena gets warm weather like this on occasion?" She was hoping it was a once in ten years kind of thing. Maybe then she could relax some.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:24 am
Heras Box

"Hmm..." Zyphire scratched at his chin thoughtfully as he studied the Alkidike and then returned his gaze to the melting scenery around them, "At this rate though we may consider this the new Jahaur. I heard its snowing back there now....talk about strange, right?" He wondered what could possibly be creating such a phenomena. Magic? The angle of the sun? The spirits of nature? Who knew honestly...

At the Alk's sudden question Zyphire laughed, "You're asking a shifter about Zenan weather?" He teased lightly, "I may as well ask you how Belrea is faring with all of this." Then after a moment he shook his head, "Honestly though since I've been living here I haven't seen anything quite like this. I'm sure my cousins would have mentioned something since they were raised in Zena as well. I've heard that things can melt on occasion in the warmer days of summer but that's typically in the valleys not up the mountains like this. If it passes in a few days then that's something slight and I'm sure it'll have happened before, perhaps rarely, but still. If it lingers? Then we'll be facing something that no one will have seen before and honestly I don't know how they'll deal with it..."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:37 pm
Sabra Knight

She was hoping that he was joking about the weather in Jauhar. Considering she had friends there she worried about them and their reactions to snow. Not to mention Chibale was not too far away from Jauhar which meant that Aisha could be experiencing the cold weather first hand.

"Well, you are in Zena. I thought maybe you stayed more often." Dem shrugged her shoulders slightly. "I came with my earthling son so he could see his other family and stayed to visit with an old friend." It was her first trek to the mountains and she was starting to think it may be her last. Not only was the harsh wind too cold but it seemed the mountains liked to be unpredictable. "More and more people are moving to regions that are outside of their tribal territories." And she was one of them.

"Pray that Aisha is simply testing us and not cursing us." She knew little about the Zenan gods or goddesses so she spoke of her own.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

◈ Events

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces