Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:35 am
Strange Weather ☂

Solo or RP Format
Counts as 5 RP growth Points
Solo word minimum is 750, RP post minimum is 7

Prompt

As Spring rolls into Summer in Tendaji it appears that something is not as it should be. In fact, strange and unpredictable weather is happening all across the world. Strong storms, bizarre heat waves, unheard of snow storms, floods, and other similar events are happening in all of the countries. Some are superstitious, seeing it as a warning of great evil, others blame the Dretch, some shrug it off as a freaky incident, and others ignore that it's even such an oddity.

However, one thing is certain - all the lands are dealing with these weird weather outbreaks in their own way. How are you handling matters? Do you try to help others, are you too focused on yourself, or do you want to try and find answers for the causes behind these recent events? Or did you get caught out in the disaster yourself and these are your memories of how you had to fight against the odds to get to safety?

Basically this is a solo (or a rp with a friend) to write out how your character is being affected by these strange occurrences in Tendaji.

Please see the below to see what is occurring in each region!

Chibale and Matori are both suffering from snow - something that has rarely hit these warmer countries before! A blizzard especially is unheard of.

Jahaur and Yael are experiencing drought. Rain hasn't fallen for the last couple of weeks...

Tale, Sauti, and Oba are experiencing massive amounts of rain to the point that some of the desert is flooding.

Zena is having the strangest heat wave and some areas once covered year-round with snow and ice are even starting to melt...

Belrea is shaken. Literally. A huge earthquake has ripped through the continent scaring many and even now faint rumbles from its impact shift at random beneath your feet.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:47 am
Sabra Knight

Jolanta was starting to think that maybe he really was cursed more severely then even he'd thought that he was. It wasn't all that long after the airship had touched down in the lands of Belrea started to shake in a violent way that he'd never experienced before. There was that part of him that instantly wanted nothing more then to get Nadiya, Daffodil, and all of their stuff and just go back to Tendaji. He wanted to, but it didn't seem as though it was an option since the airships were being grounded while aftershocks were still going on or so he'd gathered.

It would seem that they were stuck in the rumbling country and were going to have to make due even though it was beyond terrifying. Not that he'd allow himself to show that, keeping his features set, as he wasn't sure how Diya would react if he panicked himself. Turning to look over at him for a moment before he said, "Are you alright, Diya?" Was she alright? Shaken? Scared? He couldn't help but to worry about her since she appeared delicate in his eyes.

Holding a hand out to her while stepping in closer to her he prepared to protect her... at least protect her the best he could against the shaking ground that was.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:50 am
Orpheus Solon

Nadiya gladly reached out to take Jolanta's hands. Even though the shaking had indeed startled and worried the Matori having her protector there was a great comfort. Had he not chased her onto that ship and come overseas then she would have been dreadfully alone - a thought that surprisingly chilled her spine. Usually Nadiya was far more brave but such strange conditions had her wary. Others who had gotten off the ship seemed uneasy and when a quiet rumble, something thankfully tame compared to the ground rocking one they had witnessed before, trembled the ground beneath her feet she found herself pressing up against Jolanta's side for support.

"This is not common here." She found herself saying with a slight frown, "But the others mentioned that it should be calming down soon, the big 'quake' as they called it just caused the grounds to be a bit unsteady. Eventually they'll stop moving." She offered a small smile towards Jolanta, "Consider it an exciting welcome to Belrea?" At least they hadn't been under any of the structures that had fallen, not too many thankfully but she had heard stories already about how some of the mountain towns had taken some damage from the sudden quakes.

"They have a place called the Academy here and I'm sure their people are already investigating this...." She murmured before squeezing Jolanta's fingers, "I guess for us we should just focus on moving forward and getting away from the ships and towards the more solid grounds of the city? I still have shows to perform and if you're okay with sticking around for them then we can hope that everything calms down and we can fly back across the sea when the time is right."

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:57 pm
Sabra Knight

Jolanta gave a bit of a smile as Diya took his hands in hers, glad that she had done so because it would make it easier for him to keep track of her. There were more people around then he was used to, even having come from Sulburi, and it seemed as though they might be out and about because of all the shaking. It made sense given that nobody wanted to be inside while the world was shaking since there was a chance the buildings might give in.

"Not common here? That's good." Though it meant that they were really unlucky in coming here while the ground was starting to shake in a such a strange manner. At least the 'big quake' was over so they should be alright and things should calm down. That was what he was hoping for at least. Giving Diya's hands a gentle squeeze, "We will just have to remain cautious and things should be alright. We might want to refrain from going indoors for the time being though it will make finding a place to stay a bit of a bother."

At her suggestion of moving further inland he nodded, giving the area around them a once around, before he turned back to Diya, "You're going to continue to perform? Hm... it might be a good idea because it will help to lift spirits given everything going on."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:39 pm
Orpheus Solon

Ah, he looked especially handsome when he smiled like that. The thought created a flush against the Matori's cheeks, especially once she realized she was beaming at him in return, and shyly she skirted her gaze away from him as if scanning the crowds instead. There were definitely more people out and about and a frown crossed her features as she noticed younglings tightly holding their parent's hands as they wobbled down the street. Thankfully the quake had been minor and as the ground steadied a calm seemed to settle over everyone. She just hoped that this was the last of it and that there were no more shakes to be felt, especially big ones, in the near future.

Her gaze jumped back to Jolanta as he squeezed her hands and began speaking, "Ah, yes. I suppose we can just enjoy the streets and walk around. This is your first time experiencing Belrea...they have parks here, big gardens that anyone can walk and play in. We can get some fresh air there~" She tightened her fingers around his hand before twisting under his arm so that she could stand right next to him, "Yes. I wouldn't want to disappoint those I promised as well. We have time, a few days actually, so we can enjoy Belrea and avoid any extremely tall buildings until then..."

She smiled towards Jolanta, "But let's go visit the park for now~ After all that flying I'm dying to stretch my legs some more. It feels nice to be back on solid....well mostly solid ground."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:18 pm
Sabra Knight

Jolanta gave a nod of his head as she mentioned them just enjoying the streets and walking around. They'd had enough time to drop everything off at an inn and get a place for Daffodil to stay in some stables before the strange events had started. It meant that they were able to explore in a most unencumbered manner. He had his wallet in his pocket and still had his sword on his back, just in case, but other then that he didn't think that they were really in need of anything else at the moment.

The two of them could just enjoy the parks that she mentioned instead of fretting... though he was certain to do that as well. It was too ingrained into him to be on guard and look after the one in his care so it wasn't as though he'd relax completely he thought to himself in an idle manner. Turning his attention back to Diya he said, "I think the park sounds like a good idea." It was best that they avoided any big, precarious things that might end up falling over due to the quakes. Being in a park seemed like the best idea since it was something that was sure to be open... though possibly crowded. Of course if it was crowded that would only help Diya since it would give her more options as far as an audience went.

"Lead the way." He murmured, watching her as she remained close to his side after she'd tucked herself under his arm. He'd leave it to her to lead since she actually knew where she was going. A theme that seemed to be one that was ever present between them proving that she was far more worldly then he was. A bit embarrassing but something he'd started to get used to. Needing someone to lead him from place to place might be grating if it were anyone else but Diya. Since it was her he found that he didn't mind so much.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:52 pm
Orpheus Solon

"Then it's settled." She grinned up towards him, her gaze vivid and alive in the gleaming sunlight, "We will visit the park~ It's really lovely and it's not like any other place in Tendaji." Nadiya paused thoughtfully, "Well at least kinda? I know the Obans who are rich enough have large gardens and I'm sure other places have courtyards but for a place to be so open to all...it's really nice." As he instructed her to lead the way the Matori hesitated before moving away from Jolanta again so that she could take him by the hand and walk.

The heels of her boots clicked against the cobbled streets as she navigated them through the crowds which surged about, some still intent upon finding shelter while others who believed the quakes to be settled went about their daily business. Eventually they came to a stone archway that connected to a fence which stretched across the center of town. Inside were more cobbled paths but these twisted and intertwined with many different routes of flowers and bushes. The very center had a large fountain with some sort of Belrean turtle and fishes spouting water. Many families lingered here as their children played in the open fields behind the fountain, unawares of the dangers that could potentially strike again.

"Since that area is busy I'd recommend going this way." Nadiya gestured towards the left where the path twisted with various shades of purple, pink and blue flowers decorated with silver vines and other, smaller white flowers, "There's stone benches for people to relax on and further into the fields they have wooden things for the children to play with. Like little training arenas with rope walls and wooden courses for them to play in." She glanced towards Jolanta teasingly, "We could always have a competition and see who has the best balance and speed for such things~"

Still her teasing lilt left her voice as they drifted further away from the crowds and ventured into the flower garden area of the park where a canal flowed quietly alongside of them, "Are you truly okay with this, Jol?" She found herself asking as she glanced towards the Yaeli, "Don't get me wrong, I'm truly happy that you're here but is this really okay for you to be in Belrea with me?" Strangely she was worried about him, something unique for the woman who usually jumped forward without a second thought. Perhaps she was still adjusting to the fact that this silver-eyed man who had stolen her heart felt for her in turn? Even though they had rode together to Belrea, even though he had jumped on the ship for her it still was like a dream.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:20 pm
Sabra Knight

Jolanta found himself scanning the area with his silvery eyes as they walked. It was as she said, it was a lot different then the lands that he'd gotten used to dealing with. First Yael which was a lot darker and a bit more drab when it came to the coloration of everything, Matori was far hotter and made up for islands and a lot of water, and then Oba seemed to be all sand and clustered buildings for those that didn't have the coin to buy fancy homes. It was a nice place, made more so because there was nobody that knew either of them that would cause them any issue. That in and of itself was a great boon to this land.

As Diya set to explaining the lay out of the park, as well as some things that there were to do, he gave a bit of a chuckle, "I'd have to guess that it would be me that might have the edge... unless you've gotten better about falling since last we met?" He asked in a teasing manner. He wouldn't mind going about the competition though since it would be something to do, though he worried that perhaps they might be getting in the way of others that were wanting to play on such equipment, those closer to the age that it was designed for.

"Is it okay?" He turned his full attention to her for a moment, a thoughtful look on his face, "I have to admit it will mean learning the lay of the land and figuring out which places to go to if I want to pick up work... not to mention I know nothing about this place, it's people, or the other things that live here." He gave a humming sound, then shrugged, "So long as you are here I feel that I will be alright though." So long as she didn't leave him behind he felt that he'd be fine. Without her though he might be a bit out of sorts. Praise be to Lurin that she hadn't forgotten about him during their time apart he thought to himself.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

◈ Events

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces