Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:05 am
Strange Weather ☂

Solo or RP Format
Counts as 5 RP growth Points
Solo word minimum is 750, RP post minimum is 7

Prompt

As Spring rolls into Summer in Tendaji it appears that something is not as it should be. In fact, strange and unpredictable weather is happening all across the world. Strong storms, bizarre heat waves, unheard of snow storms, floods, and other similar events are happening in all of the countries. Some are superstitious, seeing it as a warning of great evil, others blame the Dretch, some shrug it off as a freaky incident, and others ignore that it's even such an oddity.

However, one thing is certain - all the lands are dealing with these weird weather outbreaks in their own way. How are you handling matters? Do you try to help others, are you too focused on yourself, or do you want to try and find answers for the causes behind these recent events? Or did you get caught out in the disaster yourself and these are your memories of how you had to fight against the odds to get to safety?

Basically this is a solo (or a rp with a friend) to write out how your character is being affected by these strange occurrences in Tendaji.

Please see the below to see what is occurring in each region!

Chibale and Matori are both suffering from snow - something that has rarely hit these warmer countries before! A blizzard especially is unheard of.

Jahaur and Yael are experiencing drought. Rain hasn't fallen for the last couple of weeks...

Tale, Sauti, and Oba are experiencing massive amounts of rain to the point that some of the desert is flooding.

Zena is having the strangest heat wave and some areas once covered year-round with snow and ice are even starting to melt...

Belrea is shaken. Literally. A huge earthquake has ripped through the continent scaring many and even now faint rumbles from its impact shift at random beneath your feet.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:15 am
Sabra Knight

After making sure that the twins were safely with their grandmother inside the house where they couldn't risk getting hurt, lost, or drown Saraf and his wife Arima had headed out with a handful of the members of the Outcast Unit. They were heading into the city to help out with those that needed help given the odd weather that they had been having. It seemed as though Drach was out to prove himself the most powerful of the Gods given the storms that they had been having, storms that just weren't normal for Oba. The fact that the rains were so heavy to throwing a lot of things in chaos, hand people acting out, and had waters raised to an uncomfortable degree.

"We need to see about getting people that are at risk from the waters, mostly those in the... well, less affluent areas. That was where our unit was assigned for obvious reasons." They weren't about to let a group of half breeds and ex-criminals go wandering around the areas that were mostly filled with nobles after all. They would choose the units that were made up of the sons of such families to aid them he thought to himself idly.

Giving a grin he said, "I can't say I mind though. Saving those that are in charge of the taverns means free drinks." Something that had the other members of the unit giving a cheer around them that showed they were all for that. No matter if the drinks were free or not though they would likely end up at a tavern at the end of all of this anyway. One had to reward their men for their hard work after all, especially when it meant spending the day out in the torrential rains. Shaking his head, which sent water in all directions, he said, "Mages of all sorts will be in charge of two jobs, tending to injuries if we come across any as well as putting up earthen barriers that can help to keep the waters at bay."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:33 am
Orpheus Solon

Dressed in travel pants and a simple cotton top Arima watched as people scurried through the streets. Having been caught up with healing lately the Matori hadn't been able to get out as much with the Unit but considering the special circumstances of the weather she had volunteered her time to assist. They had needed mages and healers who could also work elemental magic were more than welcome to offer their services. While her mother may have glanced down before on her daughter spending her time in a dangerous area the presence of Saraf had thankfully been enough to ease the noble woman's nerves.

Speaking of her husband...Arima turned her attention to him as he spoke, "That's fine." She replied without hesitation, "The waters are closer to those areas since many of the more established buildings are on higher ground." Even without the threat of the floods it was painfully obvious that noble households and the wealthier families preferred to be on the higher areas so that they could look down across the town. The thought made her wince a bit but at the same time she had to remind herself that she was here to help others. If she had been taken in by any other family then perhaps she wouldn't have had the ability to do so...and for that she was thankful.

She did have to laugh a bit at his optimism, "I could use a good tavern brawl." She teased lightly to the delight of others in the unit who grinned and even dared to chuckle at her words, "I've been cooped up in the upper areas for far too long." But it wasn't as if she had grown soft. Rather while she was with her mentor the healer had been strengthening her abilities and training so that the staff she carried now was not simply for decor. Even without magic she was fairly capable of fighting with staffs and with the small dagger nestled against her hip, hidden beneath the light gray cloak that was tied around her shoulders.

"Suppose some mages could actually steer the water back towards the desert? Though I worry that it's even too swollen with water now to hold much more." She had never seen rivers running through the deserts before but because of the constant rain streams of water had begun crossing through the wilderness and many were fighting to keep the sandy and mudied waters away from the pure water of the oasis.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:33 pm
Sabra Knight

Giving a smile and a nod that was only for Arima he said, "Work first and then we will find ourselves a good tavern to have our brawl in." Something that made him chuckle a bit before he glanced around the area, then up toward the sky, watching as the rain continued to fall from the thick, dark clouds that fill the sky overhead. After a moment he sighed and said, "If only it were so easy I'd say we would already have the mages doing so... though our unit doesn't have nearly as many as some do. We should see about doing some recruiting for those with magical gifts in the near future." Something to run by the Captain later, but not right now.

"Some walls of earth would be good for now since we don't have enough people to push the water back." He turned to those closest to him, that being Vanna, and said, "If you can spread the word about the plan we are going with. We want walls up to keep the water out of homes but not done in such a way that it would hold the water. If it has a chance to keep moving and flowing out of the city then we should allow it." Funneling the water seemed to be their best move at the moment and might help to keep people safe. That was what he hoped for at least.

Vanna hurried off to relay his orders before he turned back to Arima, "Stay close to me. If you have any ideas let me know and if you need a break from using spells let me know." He knew it could be a draining process so he was quick to tell another soldier to make sure the mages they did have were partnered up with a non-magic using type to keep an eye on them.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:10 pm
Orpheus Solon

Arima grinned playfully towards her husband. To think that when they had first met she was one to shyly hide in the corner of parties and to only dare dream about being bold enough to fight and to speak her mind. Yet when they had first met she had found herself clashing over and over with Saraf, roused by his stubbornness and startled by her own that rose to challenge him. At first she had been embarrassed to create such a racket on their arrange date but now she could only laugh at the memory and hope to create more similar ones. She was glad that he could tease her about them as well now, "Well if I can do something I will try." She managed as her attention returned to the task at hand. Even if healing was her strength the woman had quickly proven herself in brawls that she could harness the elements as well as any other mage.

"Earthen ramps to deter the waters..." She mumbled under her breath thoughtfully before glancing down at an alley which was becoming a waterway, "Like this?" The bottom of her staff crashed against the ground, air whipping her woven braids backwards, and for a still moment the rains seemingly slowed as the earth groaned beneath their feet and a wall of earth, slanted towards the desert, rose to block off the alleyway, "Hopefully that can buy this area more time. We need to evacuate as many people as possible to the higher areas of the city, even if mages can turn the water away there's only so long we have before the rains build up even more water."

After casting her magic she smiled towards Saraf, "Stay close to you? That should be fairly easy." Her gaze lit up warmly, full of playful love for her husband, and she took a step closer to him, "Don't worry I know my limits...I'll take a break whenever necessary. Where should we head first?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:27 pm
Sabra Knight

Giving a whistle as Arima summoned forth the an earthen wall, getting the water flowing in the right direction which was away from the city. He gave a nod of his head and then smiled, "Looks good, if you see any other spots where such walls will be a boon to our efforts take it upon yourself to build them up." He knew that she would know when to use her magic, it was something that she was good at after all and something he had no notion of how to do himself. He'd leave magic to the experts.

Saraf's cheeks colored ever so slightly at Arima's words before he gave her a smile, "I'm glad to hear that." He was only too happy to keep Arima ever at his side during the times that he was able to do so. From time to time the Outcast Unit called him away but for the time being it his group was needed right here in town, meaning he could remain at her side. Something he was pleased with given the state of things.

"We will do circles around this area. Make sure that everyone is safe, aid those that might not be, and be sure that nobody is taking advantage of the situation to cause mischief." He wouldn't stand by idly if someone thought to commit crimes under the cover of the thick clouds and heavy rain. There was enough to worry about without taking thieves into account.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

◈ Events

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces