Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:50 pm
Strange Weather ☂

Solo or RP Format
Counts as 5 RP growth Points
Solo word minimum is 750, RP post minimum is 7

Prompt

As Spring rolls into Summer in Tendaji it appears that something is not as it should be. In fact, strange and unpredictable weather is happening all across the world. Strong storms, bizarre heat waves, unheard of snow storms, floods, and other similar events are happening in all of the countries. Some are superstitious, seeing it as a warning of great evil, others blame the Dretch, some shrug it off as a freaky incident, and others ignore that it's even such an oddity.

However, one thing is certain - all the lands are dealing with these weird weather outbreaks in their own way. How are you handling matters? Do you try to help others, are you too focused on yourself, or do you want to try and find answers for the causes behind these recent events? Or did you get caught out in the disaster yourself and these are your memories of how you had to fight against the odds to get to safety?

Basically this is a solo (or a rp with a friend) to write out how your character is being affected by these strange occurrences in Tendaji.

Please see the below to see what is occurring in each region!

Chibale and Matori are both suffering from snow - something that has rarely hit these warmer countries before! A blizzard especially is unheard of.

Jahaur and Yael are experiencing drought. Rain hasn't fallen for the last couple of weeks...

Tale, Sauti, and Oba are experiencing massive amounts of rain to the point that some of the desert is flooding.

Zena is having the strangest heat wave and some areas once covered year-round with snow and ice are even starting to melt...

Belrea is shaken. Literally. A huge earthquake has ripped through the continent scaring many and even now faint rumbles from its impact shift at random beneath your feet.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:30 pm
The troupe that Torva was a part of was currently on a bit of a hiatus, not doing any shows because instead they were out and about aiding those that had gotten shaken up by the recent earthquakes. Literally shaken up he thought to himself, giving a bit of a smile, before he started forward. He'd been put in charge of a rather simple task himself so he was going about doing just that, his task being checking in with people and seeing if they were in need of potable drinking water. Those that needed water he would see about helping out, using his magic to either gather water from the moisture in the air or by purifying water that they already had on hand that needed cleaned.

He was glad that he was able to help out even just a little with the magic that he had. He also had the ability to heal a bit as well in case anyone had injuries from the quake. It was mostly little kids that wanted his help, coming up to him showing off scrapes and bruises, things that he was able to take care of easily enough with his powers.

Torva was on his way from one place to another when he spotted a familiar face in the crowd. Hey, hey! It was Chrys! Giving a smile he turned off the path he was on and trotted over toward her, feeling that he should see how she was doing, if she needed anything, and then he'd get back to work! It should be alright for him to take a tiny detour if it were in the name of helping out a friend, right? Waving a hand he called out, "Chrys! I didn't know you'd still be in Belrea!"  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:42 am
Orpheus Solon

Belrea was such a safe place, why go home? Chrysanthe frowned as she held out a hand against a tree to steady her shaking body. Ever since that huge quake the other day the country had randomly started having little quivers of movement in the ground. Some mentioned that it was only a passing after thought from the main quake but others worried that it could mean another big quake would be in the near future. Such an event hadn't happened in years, it had been so many decades that even the elders barely remembered stories of anything like this.

But the murmurs of the crowds also carried hope that those in the Academy would study this strange phenomena and find an answer to the ground's sudden movement. Chrys listened to such talk as she rested beneath the tree. Her upper arms had bandages to hide the bruises she had earned during the bigger earthquake. Without thinking the hybrid had thrown herself over a youngling and when pieces of an old building shattered above her the shards had hit her back and arms, something that the bruises and slight cuts decorating her back attested to.

And now she was swept up into the crowd of those who were moving to shelters created in the steadier parts of town, a precaution for those worried that more shakes would happen in the upcoming week. She had simply expected to blend in, to take her bowl of soup and sit down somewhere before moving on, but it seemed fate had another surprise for her. At first Chrys simply blinked before the words registered and she looked up to see that someone was indeed speaking to her, "To-torva?" She replied and despite her best intentions a smile still spread across her features, "Why are you here?" She strode forward towards him and studied him thoughtfully, "I uh..." Got distracted? Too afraid to go see him at his show? A strange tightness was in her chest when she saw how happy he was to see her and the hybrid had to turn her gaze away sheepishly, "I got a bit carried away with some sight-seeing and of course with the shakes the ships aren't flying so here...here I am?" She peeked back towards him with the faintest hint of a flush decorating her cheeks. It was a bit silly but in a sense she felt a bit...giddy that he had called out to her like this?  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:18 pm
Sabra Knight

Torva smiled as he trotted over to her, looking like a happy duruf puppy, glad to get to see the girl that he'd hung out with a bit in the past. Giving her a smile he said, "Hm? Oh! Helping out here and there, the whole troupe is. Seems that everyone was thinking that since it's not exactly a good time to set up the tend and put on a show that we can at least help out in what ways we can."

"Oh? Sightseeing is always fun. I keep thinking about doing so over in Tendaji but things keep coming up and stalling out my attempts at a trip. There are those bug mages of course and now the quakes, it's been one thing after another." Something that made him given a bit of a shake of his head, "Such a bother... but maybe one day soon?" He had to see about getting out there one day. Once the world decided to calm down and actually allowed him to try that whole traveling thing out himself.

Giving a smile he said, "Well, I'm glad that the sightseeing kept you around cause it means that I get to see and talk with you again!" Something that pleased the fluffy haired Lightning tribesman greatly.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:34 pm
Orpheus Solon

It truly was hard to be grumpy when Torva gave her such expressions. Seeing his own smile made it tempting for her own lips to curl up but the girl quickly darted her gaze away so that she could at least attempt a somewhat neutral expression, "I suppose that's sensible enough." She managed as she took control of her rebelling lips before glancing over at Torva once more, "It's nice that you all decided to help out. Belrea seems to be very open to aiding its people...even I ended up helping a bit."

She forced a nod, "Honestly Belrea seems to be the safer place....well at least until recently." Chyrs pursed her lips thoughtfully, "But then again if the quakes stop I'm sure everything will be fine and if you're still so set on seeing Tendaji I'm sure things will work out for you eventually." It was still better than most of the dangers lurking in Tendaji and she was secretly glad that Torva was still here. Imagining those dangers and Torva being in the middle of them all made her feel nervous. Nervous and worried for the easy-going guy....feelings that still startled Chrys and made her wary as she stayed around him.

Feeling her cheeks warm a bit Chrysanthe turned away from Torva again, "I'm sure you'd say that to anyone." She quipped back in an attempt to tease the lightning boy, "Anyways..." She quickly recovered from her embarrassment to gesture around them, "Is there anything that you're currently doing? Do you need any help that is? I....don't have much to do at the moment and I'd feel guilty not doing anything considering how everyone else is helping out."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:14 pm
Sabra Knight

Torva gave a nod of his head, feeling that it was quite the compliment when she said that what the troupe was doing was 'sensible enough'. Smiling as he spoke he said, "Yeah, we wanted to help out where we could. I only wish I'd put a bit more time into my studies when it came to healing magic as compared to the rest of the spells that I use." At least there were others in the troupe that were far more well versed in such skills then he was he thought to himself.

"I do hope that I am able to get to go to Tendaji one day but it seems as though things keep standing between me and the trip. First those bug mage creatures and now these quakes. It's one thing after another but I can't say I am too upset. If I was then it would make me seem quite selfish." Something that he didn't want to have happen since he didn't like the idea of appearing as a selfish person when it wasn't in his nature.

Laughing at Chrys's comment he said, "True, I would. That doesn't make it any less true whe it applies to you though, Chrys." He smiled and then said, "A lot of fetch and carry. You can help me out if you'd like? It might be boring but it's a way to help. I also offer some help here and there to patch up minor wounds as well. Things my powers are capable of doing."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

◈ Events

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces