Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:34 pm
Strange Weather ☂

Solo or RP Format
Counts as 5 RP growth Points
Solo word minimum is 750, RP post minimum is 7

Prompt

As Spring rolls into Summer in Tendaji it appears that something is not as it should be. In fact, strange and unpredictable weather is happening all across the world. Strong storms, bizarre heat waves, unheard of snow storms, floods, and other similar events are happening in all of the countries. Some are superstitious, seeing it as a warning of great evil, others blame the Dretch, some shrug it off as a freaky incident, and others ignore that it's even such an oddity.

However, one thing is certain - all the lands are dealing with these weird weather outbreaks in their own way. How are you handling matters? Do you try to help others, are you too focused on yourself, or do you want to try and find answers for the causes behind these recent events? Or did you get caught out in the disaster yourself and these are your memories of how you had to fight against the odds to get to safety?

Basically this is a solo (or a rp with a friend) to write out how your character is being affected by these strange occurrences in Tendaji.

Please see the below to see what is occurring in each region!

Chibale and Matori are both suffering from snow - something that has rarely hit these warmer countries before! A blizzard especially is unheard of.

Jahaur and Yael are experiencing drought. Rain hasn't fallen for the last couple of weeks...

Tale, Sauti, and Oba are experiencing massive amounts of rain to the point that some of the desert is flooding.

Zena is having the strangest heat wave and some areas once covered year-round with snow and ice are even starting to melt...

Belrea is shaken. Literally. A huge earthquake has ripped through the continent scaring many and even now faint rumbles from its impact shift at random beneath your feet.

Nedrima stood underneath a covered porch as she watched the rain come down. She and Nasuri had an outing planned for today weeks ago, but she had no idea how they were going to be able to go out and do anything in weather like this. The girl sighed and brushed back some hair from her face. It had been raining for a couple of days now and water was starting to collect in the streets. They'd never had rain like this in Nedrima's memory and thought surely it would have stopped by today. "Nasuri! What are we going to do?" She called out to her sister. "Some people are saying its only going to get worse. What do you think?"

Tasinei

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:40 pm
Nasuri was back in Oba for a few days and already she was starting to feel like she shouldn't have come back at all. What was with all the rain? Family was family however she had missed her siblings dearly, so she was back home and spending time with them and she would try not to complain about it. she was supposed to hang out with Ned today but a quick glance outside this morning told her that it probably wouldn't be the best idea. The Market would be empty and not many of the merchants bothered opening their stands anymore.

Hearing her name, Nasuri finished up her bed before heading over to her sister's room and went to stand next to her. She made a face as she looked out at the rain, she too noted that the water had begun to collect in the streets.

"Well, water has never hurt anyone..." But did she want to get wet? "We can always quickly go out and see if there is anything or we can stay inside and play a board game?" Her lips thinned out into a line, why was it raining so much? Oba was the extremely dry usually.

"Perhaps the gods are trying to drown us?" They certainly seemed to be angry at something.

Nilah44

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:46 pm
They could change their plans and do something at home inside. Or they could go out and get wet. So they had options, just not options that Nedri had really been hoping on. "Maybe the gods are punishing us. But for what? Would they be punishing us personally and if so what did we do and why does all of Oba have to suffer? But if they're punishing Oba, maybe its an Omen?" She couldn't even begin to guess what for. There was just no telling what the reason was. Turning to her sister, they still had to figure out what they would do instead of going to the market as planned. "Well what would you like to do sis? You did just get back home, is there anything you had been missing?" Truth be told Nedrima didn't really care what they did as long as she was doing it with Nasuri!

Tasinei

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:56 pm
"I don't think they're punishing us personally," Nasuri glanced at her sister and placed a hand on her head. "Unless you upset the gods?" She had a smile on her face, of course, she was kidding. She let her hand drop away from her sister's hair. "Though perhaps those who are higher in status than us, perhaps someone did something big and they are punishing all of us." The thought irked her. There was no royal family in Sauti and they too were having issues from what she had heard. They had old families though... Perhaps one of them or a bunch of people had upset all the gods.

"Could also be the Dretch..." Though Nasuri didn't want to think about that kind of thing. "Anyway, how about a board game? I miss just playing with my siblings, the road can get quite lonely at times so it's nice to come back to a house full of life." It was also always nice to see her twin brothers.

Nilah44

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:07 pm
"Perhaps not...even if those with a higher status than us would have done something they've never been this...vengeful?" With the mention of the dretch it only got Nedrima thinking even more about it. What if it was the dretch? Were they going to attack again soon? Was this a distraction? But then again....what if it was just nothing? Maybe it was just strange weather. Nedri shook her head. "Okay, a board game sounds good then! You know, we miss you here too when you're gone." She paused for a moment. "Especially me." The younger girl wrapped her arms around her sister's waist and gave her a big hug. "So what are we going to play this time? Maybe I can bet you now." Even with being the youngest she never really had 'beginners luck'. Sometimes her siblings let her win but she could almost always tell when they did.

Tasinei

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:17 pm
"Perhaps it's many things." Still, this was not a topic she wanted to have with her younger sister. Better to just move on and speak about something else.

"How about chess?" Nasuri hugged her sister back before turning her around and keeping her arm across her shoulders as she led her away. "Mom still busy as always? I hope you guys have been helping her while I'm away." It had been great timing that Aseara had ended up having two other daughters that might just want to step into her footsteps when they were older. "And are you and Suria fighting for the position yet?" She chuckled.

Nilah44

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:40 am
Nilah

"I guess you're right." Nedrima agreed. She supposed the rain could be caused by anything, it would be impossible for them to be able to figure it out. There were still some questions she could have asked but it seemed her sister wanted to move on so she let out go.

"Chess is fine, but you know you always beat me at it!" It was okay though, it was still something she enjoyed doing with Nasuri since the games could take awhile and that was ask that much longer that they got to spend together. "Ahh you know I've been helping mom out. And...." She debated if she should tell her or not. "I don't think Suria plans on taking after mom. " She knew it meant that it was up to her being the youngest. It made it kind of stressful but it was good that it's something she had been considering!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:43 am
"That's good then, at least you guys aren't fighting." She teased her sister lightly before heading off to the study where most of their games and books were located. "I know mom was pretty upset when I left, so I'm happy one of you guys will at least help her out some." She'd help too, when she could of course, she just couldn't put all of her time into it.

Inside the study, Nasuri went straight for t chess board and the pieces located inside of it and brought it over to the corner with the cushions. "I'm older so of course I win!" She laughed shaking her head before settling down on a cushion. "Rain might be stopping others from doing things today, isn't going to stop us from having fun today that's for sure!"

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:57 pm
"Suria and I don't really fight all that often you know that." Nedrima childishly stuck her tongue out at her oldest sister as they started setting up the game of chess. "I know mom was sad when you left, and I've never minded helping her. I just, don't know if taking all this over is what I want to do...I mean, I'm a mediocre dancer at best...would other dancers really follow me if I'm not as good as Mom is?" She sighed and turned away for a few moments and then returned her focus back to the game. "We won't let this rain ruin our fun, you're right! And you know...eventually you're going to have to teach me all your skills so that I can beat people someday!" Nedrima had gotten her side of the board set up and was already thinking about her game plan as she gazed outside at the rain that was still falling steadily.

Tasinei

◈ Events

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff