Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:50 am
Strange Weather ☂

Solo or RP Format
Counts as 5 RP growth Points
Solo word minimum is 750, RP post minimum is 7

Prompt

As Spring rolls into Summer in Tendaji it appears that something is not as it should be. In fact, strange and unpredictable weather is happening all across the world. Strong storms, bizarre heat waves, unheard of snow storms, floods, and other similar events are happening in all of the countries. Some are superstitious, seeing it as a warning of great evil, others blame the Dretch, some shrug it off as a freaky incident, and others ignore that it's even such an oddity.

However, one thing is certain - all the lands are dealing with these weird weather outbreaks in their own way. How are you handling matters? Do you try to help others, are you too focused on yourself, or do you want to try and find answers for the causes behind these recent events? Or did you get caught out in the disaster yourself and these are your memories of how you had to fight against the odds to get to safety?

Basically this is a solo (or a rp with a friend) to write out how your character is being affected by these strange occurrences in Tendaji.

Please see the below to see what is occurring in each region!

Chibale and Matori are both suffering from snow - something that has rarely hit these warmer countries before! A blizzard especially is unheard of.

Jahaur and Yael are experiencing drought. Rain hasn't fallen for the last couple of weeks...

Tale, Sauti, and Oba are experiencing massive amounts of rain to the point that some of the desert is flooding.

Zena is having the strangest heat wave and some areas once covered year-round with snow and ice are even starting to melt...

Belrea is shaken. Literally. A huge earthquake has ripped through the continent scaring many and even now faint rumbles from its impact shift at random beneath your feet.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:15 am
The weather had been really weird of late, with the rains that were so natural for Jauhar being absent for a rather unpleasant amount of time. The small feeder that he'd made outside of his window for the sitara had become quite crowded these days as it seemed that water and food was getting to be a little bit harder for the creatures to find. Something that left him having to fill it with various things more often then he had been before. He found himself starring at the little platform for a while before he sighed, "I should go look for some fruit to refill it." He might have to buy some if he couldn't find any though, huh?

Just thinking about it made him a little worried though since it meant that he was going to likely pay more for the fruit since it was likely harder to find then usual. He was going to have to look for some deals, maybe buy older, bruised, and misshapen fruit? It would be cheaper that way and it wasn't as though he needed perfect fruit for the critters. Especially since they were likely to eat stuff that fell out of trees! They wouldn't be picky, especially with stuff being harder to find then usual.

"I'm going out, Bruin! Are you coming with?" He asked of the big bird as he scooped up his money pouch, tucking it into the pocket on his skirt, before he then picked up Narcys, his sitara. The big bird gave a chirping sound before following along after him.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm
Orpheus Solon

Drexl checked how low the outside water trough had gotten. He was worried that Miqwe wasn't getting enough water. Though it seemed like the river was a little lower than it was before. The rains hadn't come for some time. He hummed as he walked out towards where he knew Jerami was. Maybe he should visit his Princess...Miqwe toddled after him.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:53 pm
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Jerami was walking along, with his sitara perched on his shoulder, Bruin having already taken to the air to follow along after him that way. He gave the big bird a glance before continued on his way. He'd see about getting some stuff together that would help out the sitara that came to his feeder. He'd try the marketplace for any 'ugly' fruit that others might sell for cheaper and if that didn't work out then he'd see about going around to pick it for himself. The former would be easier but the latter would be far cheaper.

He supposed that he wouldn't really know which one he should go about until he searched the marketplace first. Not just for fruit but for the prices of said fruit. As much as the idea didn't sit well with him he knew full well that given the current weather issues that thing would be more expensive. There were those that would take advantage of the weather, it was just business. Here was hoping the prices wouldn't be hiked up too much.

As he thought hard on such things Bruin sudden gave a screech that got his attention before it had him looking around the area, wondering what had gotten him so worked up. He noticed a moment later, it was Drexl. Jerami gave pause, his eyes going wide, before he went hurrying over to the much taller man.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:36 pm
Orpheus Solon

Miqwe let out a trill sort of growl before Drexl looked up to see a familiar Kinfa. Aha, that must mean that Jerami was close. He blinked as he looked ahead in time to spot his Princess. He smiled warmly. Just watching Jerami sometimes had him just thinking. Right now was one of those times...

Though he was worried about the lack of rain, he knew a few trees deeper by where they found the arrowheads that produced fruit. Miqwe seemed to like them when hunting was scarce. Maybe he could show them to Jerami...would be a nice date. He walked forward to open his arms. "Hey! Jerami, what are you up to?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:59 am
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Jerami gave a happy squeak as Drexl not only noticed him but opened up his arms for him in a welcoming manner. He really was a sweet one, wasn't he? Hurrying up a bit he reached out his arms and jumped up to wrap them around Drexl's neck so he could hang off of him, smiling up at him, "Drexl! I missed you."

Pulling himself up he gave Drexl an extended kiss as a greeting before letting go so he could land lightly on his feet right in front of the taller male, "It's nice to see you again. Are you busy again? Can you hang out for a while?" He asked it in a hopeful manner, wanting to steal a bit of Drexl's time away for himself. A bit of a selfish thought for certain but since Drexl was his boyfriend he felt that it wouldn't be so bad for him to make such a request.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:19 pm
Orpheus Solon

Drexl hummed deeply as he swung Jerami around for a moment after the tender little kiss. He returned the sign of affection easily. Blinking at the rapid stream of questions. With a chuckle he nodded. "I always have time for you, love. You know that." he tilted his head. "I'm not busy at all right now. Though, I was curious if all this heat was affecting you."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:51 pm
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Jerami happily leaned against Drexl for a moment, gazing up at him with big aqua eyes before he said, "Really?" So he wasn't busy then? Wonderful! That meant that he could finally get some time with Drexl all to himself! Giving a smile he shifted so that he could wrap his arms around the arm of Drexl not carrying a weapon and said, "So I can call dibs on you for a while? If so then I do! Dibs! That way if Lixes shows up I've already laid claim to you." He gave Drexl a little wink as he said that.

"Hm? Oh... well, it's making life difficult for the sitara that visit the little feeder that I made for them. I was going to go to the marketplace to look around for fruit. Not the good stuff but the stuff that they sort of set aside and sell for cheaper cause it's beat up or misshapen. I figure it should be cheaper to feed the sitara that way." It would also make their lives a bit easier as well since the weather was having an adverse effect on the smaller creatures that had a harder time fending off hungry predators when they were hot and tired.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:21 pm
Orpheus Solon

Drexl in turn wrapped his arm around Jerami, firmly cementing the other hybrid into his side. He blinked as he thought about it. "Then...I have an idea. We go to the market and see how things are there. Then I'll take you to this spot Miqwe and I like to hunt near. There are some trees that might still be pretty good."

He looked down to his boyfriend before Miqwe nuzzled Jerami's other side. Drexl chuckled a little at the tiny beast. Miqwe was really warming up to Jerami the more Drexl was around him...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:26 pm
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Jerami gave a little giggle as he felt himself getting engulfed in Drexl's embrace and pulled tightly to his side. He really was a strong one, wasn't he? About to move Jerami about so easily. It was something that could be scary if it was anyone else but Drexl but despite his size he was so kind and wonderful. Not frightening at all, which was one of many things that Jerami loved about him. Cuddling close to him he listened to what he was saying, nodding as he did so. He had great ideas as well, ones that might be able to save Jerami some coin if the marketplace didn't pan out.

Smiling up at him, aqua eyes filled with delight, he said, "I don't think I say how much I love you nearly enough." Snuggling closer, giving the bigger man a hug he said, "Because I do, I love you very much, Drexl." Turning his head he pressed a kiss to Drexl's arm after his declaration since it was the easiest place to reach at the moment.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:06 pm
Orpheus Solon

Drexl blushed at the easy declaration of love from the other. "I love you too." he smiled as he leaned down to kiss Jerami again. He took the other to the marketplace as Miqwe trudged along with them. He found it entertaining to see other peoples reactions to his tiny beast. Though, he would protect his Princess at all costs as they walked into the market area. "So, where did you want to peek at first?"

He might stop to get them a parasol to share to keep the sun off of them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:14 am
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Jerami gave a happy sort of sound in his throat, hugging himself closer to Drexl in a happy manner. The blush on Drexl's cheeks, the words of love, the kiss, it really was everything that a person could ask for when it came to their significant other he thought to himself in a happy, dreamy manner. So caught up was he in his dreamy state that he actually looked a bit confused when Drexl asked him where he wanted to peek first. His aqua eyes went wide and he stuttered out, "W-What? P-Peek at what?" He asked, looking as though he was trying to figure out exactly what Drexl was implying.

A moment later it sort of sank in and his pale skin seemed to flush all over, "O-Oh! I see what you mean, sorry!" He turned his head, hiding it against Drexl's side for a moment, trying to get himself composed, then looked up at him again, "Ah! There is a s-stall where they sell... ahh... ugly fruit. Things that are older, bruise, what have you, for cheaper. We can get that. The sitara aren't too picky."

Lifting a hand up he scratch the one sitting on his shoulder under the chin getting a little chirp in response from Narcys as he did so.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:47 pm
Orpheus Solon

For a moment Drexl found his voice lost as his mind whirled with what Jerami thought he meant. Seeing the other flush so cutely he couldn't help the smile as he chuckled. "Yes, we'll take a look there love."

As they got closer to the marketplace he glanced to the Sitara. "I was thinking of trying to catch myself a Sitara..." he rather liked the appearance of the tiny beast.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:54 pm
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Jerami gave a nod and after hugging onto Drexl's arm once more he moved to lead the way to where the fruit would be being sold. At least where he hoped that it was being sold that was. It was hard to say if there would be any up for grabs or not. Would people be more willing to eat the bruised fruit if they thought the weather would continue to remain dry for a while? It was hard to say really.

Looking up at Drexl he gave him a smile and said, "I might be biased since I have Narcys here and my sitara feeder but I am fond of them. They are easily taken care of and very sweet. It's like they were made to ride on people's shoudlers like this." It was a combination of their amiable nature and tiny stature that made him love them so much.

Giving a soft giggle he added, "I think it would be quite adorable to see you with one as well. It would look even tinier sitting on your shoulder I bet."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:32 pm
Orpheus Solon

Drexl chuckled as they made their way into the market. Finding the stall in question. "Take a look around, I'll wait."

He hoped that the stall wasn't as profitable for Jerami as the other wanted. Mostly so he can have their little date. He glanced down to Miqwe as the beast stayed close to his side. He looked around then up to the bright sun. This was just odd to him...why all this heat?  
◈ Events

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff