Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:48 am
Strange Weather ☂

Solo or RP Format
Counts as 5 RP growth Points
Solo word minimum is 750, RP post minimum is 7

Prompt

As Spring rolls into Summer in Tendaji it appears that something is not as it should be. In fact, strange and unpredictable weather is happening all across the world. Strong storms, bizarre heat waves, unheard of snow storms, floods, and other similar events are happening in all of the countries. Some are superstitious, seeing it as a warning of great evil, others blame the Dretch, some shrug it off as a freaky incident, and others ignore that it's even such an oddity.

However, one thing is certain - all the lands are dealing with these weird weather outbreaks in their own way. How are you handling matters? Do you try to help others, are you too focused on yourself, or do you want to try and find answers for the causes behind these recent events? Or did you get caught out in the disaster yourself and these are your memories of how you had to fight against the odds to get to safety?

Basically this is a solo (or a rp with a friend) to write out how your character is being affected by these strange occurrences in Tendaji.

Please see the below to see what is occurring in each region!

Chibale and Matori are both suffering from snow - something that has rarely hit these warmer countries before! A blizzard especially is unheard of.

Jahaur and Yael are experiencing drought. Rain hasn't fallen for the last couple of weeks...

Tale, Sauti, and Oba are experiencing massive amounts of rain to the point that some of the desert is flooding.

Zena is having the strangest heat wave and some areas once covered year-round with snow and ice are even starting to melt...

Belrea is shaken. Literally. A huge earthquake has ripped through the continent scaring many and even now faint rumbles from its impact shift at random beneath your feet.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:25 am
Arm crossed over his chest, a sour look on his face, was Shesha as he glared out over the marketplace from where he was hiding under a little over hang, "I think that someone has finally caused Drach to loss his mind." He muttered, displeased with the fact that the God of Storms and Rain was taking his fury out on the whole of Oba. Where was Atun when they needed him and his powers over the sun? Taking a breath while his Godly brother made a mess of Oba it would seem.

Gritting his teeth slightly he found himself debating on whether or not he might be able to use his magic to manipulate the rain and keep anymore of it from falling on him. It was a nice thought but he had a feeling that it would be difficult, not to mention that it would take a lot of magical energy. Looking over at where Aqio stood he said, "I'm certain that it's not going to stop any time soon, not with clouds that dark... and I doubt there will be any umbrellas for sale." As though Oba ever had use of such things. The sort of keep the sun off, sure, but those that could hold back the rain? He didn't think so. Even if they happened to have them he could only imagine what they would be charging. Far more then he would pay for something that might end up useless after Drach had finally spent his rage.

"I don't feel like going all the way home in this... but I also don't feel like wasting coin on an inn." Not when he had better and more shiny things to spend his money on.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:21 pm
Orpheus Solon

Aqio hummed as he held a hand out to test the downpour. Oh, that was going to soak them to the bone if they tried to leave the shelter they found. He shook his hand off, glancing to Shesha next to him. "Well, we could just run for the next shelter."

He shook out his own shawl. "You can use my shawl for a layer of shelter if that helps you." Personally, he wanted to see the other soaked. If only for the visual. Though, he doubted Shesha's thoughts would run the same. He smiled softly. "I for one don't feel too off with all this...somehow it feels a little natural."

He barely remembered Matori, but the rain was just...natural.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:59 pm
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Running to the next shelter? Shesha didn't even bother to look Aqio's way as he considered his words. Running to the next area would still risk him getting wet. Not only Shesha himself but also his clothing, his makeup, his hair. All manner of things that he knew full well were going to be absolutely wrecked by the water. Just thinking about it made his nose wrinkle. He didn't want to end up looking like some sort of soggy street worker with runny makeup!

As Aqio suddenly offered him use of his shall he finally looked his way, reaching out to take the article of clothing and used it to drape over his hair then wrapped in a way that might help protect his face as well. Anything to keep his meticulously done make up and hair just so.

"How about we go there." He said, motioning with a hand toward a tavern. It wasn't exactly the best place in town but neither was it the worst, and it was sure to at least be dry inside so they could look forward to that. They just had to cross the street and go a block and a half down to reach it. Better then trying to get home and cheaper then an inn.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:30 pm
Orpheus Solon

Aqio glanced to the tavern just a little down the road. That wasn't too long of a run. He could make it easy...Shesha on the other hand...well. Aqio knew who was the most athletic of the two. He just wasn't going to be the one to say it. Lest he get a fireball to the rear end for it...

"Mhm. Shouldn't be too hard of a run..." it was adorable how easy it was to make Shesha content with a situation, you just had to play up to his ego. With a hum the water male looked side to side before quickly darting across. He nearly skipped as he turned to watch Shesha cross.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:35 am
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Shesha watched as Aqio suddenly went ahead without him, doing so at a quickened pace. He blinked a couple times, then gave a sighing sound, "Running off without me, Little Fish?" He muttered to himself before looking up at the rain falling from the sky. What a giant pain right in the... Wait. The sage blinked a couple of times before he leaned against his staff in a thoughtful manner, "There were ways to get passed the rain he hadn't though about, ways that didn't involve him getting soaked to the skin for no reason. All he had to do was use magic that he didn't use as often as some spells in his arsenal.

Lifting his staff up he set to murmuring some words under his breath before casting a spell overhead that he didn't use often, the wall spell. It took but a moment before a nearly transparent wall appeared overhead. He gave a rather wide smirk before he moved forward at his usual pace, following after Aqio using his magical umbrella to protect himself from getting touched by the bothersome rain.

"Look, Little Fish? It seems I had the right spell all along. I really do need to use my lesser used spells more often to my advantage." There were so many of them he didn't really bother with that often that could help him out. This was a lesson of sorts.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:15 pm
Orpheus Solon

Aqio blinked as Shesha used his magic, a thing that Aqio felt in everyday life but didn't feel as if he had any skill in it. He hummed as he tilted his head. The rain quickly soaking the water male. However, Aqio didn't really feel it. He hummed with a smile to his mage. "See...now we know."

He walked backwards a little with a coy smile. "So. Did you still want to go to the tavern? I don't mind having to dry off when we get home." he was hoping that his appearance was a little distracting. Though, he doubted that much. Shesha only showed interest when it suited him...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:47 pm
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

"Indeed. There really are spells that I should utilize more often but always forget that I have." He said, looking up at the wall of sorts that was above his head. The only reason it was something he could see is the water that was striking it, beading up, and then flowing off the edges. It was quite the sight to behold to be certain.

Turning his attention to Aqio he gave a soft, humming sound, "What do we want to do?" By which what did he want to do and what would Aqio subsequently follow along and do as well. He considered the options. A trip to the tavern would only be nice in that it was a shorter walk and they could get drinks. They would also have to deal with a rougher crowd then he cared for and that was something that he had little to no interest in. Now that he had his makeshift umbrella he could really go any where that he liked.

After a moment he snapped his fingers and said, "I've got it! This way." Turning he moved to lead the way toward a place that he'd been before in the passed with some of his patrons but never before with Aqio. It might be a fun change of pace and a nice way to spend a bit of time he thought to himself as he walked.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:13 pm
Orpheus Solon

Aqio blinked as he followed after Shesha. Was the other taking him where others knew him? That was new. Most of the time, well...Aqio didn't think that he was worth anyone to fuss over. Though he did get halfway under what shelter the wall offered. Mostly to see about getting his hair wrung out a little. There was a lot and when it got wet, it got heavy. He hummed as they walked. "I'll be happy when this rain is done...my hair gets too heavy when soaked." he grumbled.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:22 pm
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Shesha blew a bit of a breath through his bangs before turning to look over at Aqio for a long, drawn out moment before he finally asked, "Does that mean you're uninterested in going somewhere that involves water? One would think..." He trailed off, shook his head, then said, "Very well, we will return home then." There was no point in going to such a place if the little fish was uninterested in getting anymore wet then he already was. The last thing he wanted was to deal with a pouty assassin.

"Perhaps we should pick up something to drink on the way back. You can take a couple shots to warm up." And to possibly improve his mood. Here he was thinking that they might be able to have a bit of fun. Perhaps that he was just his fault for getting caught up in a silly idea like that. He was being too soft he supposed and that was never good. It might given Aqio more ideas.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:29 pm
Orpheus Solon

Aqio stopped. "No, no, no...hold on. You misunderstand me, Shesha. Its rare for you to take me anywhere that your known. I'm just complaining about the rain as per this nasty weather we're having." he looked at the Mage. "I don't mind being out longer."

He was still wringing out his hair. "I just hate how my hair seems to naturally retain water like its a rag..." he motioned for Shesha to keep going. "Lead on. I'm curious to where you were taking me.."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:42 am
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Shesha gave Aqio a long look, "You make it seem as though I don't bring you anywhere, Little Fish. Do I treat you so terribly as all of that?" He found himself for a moment wondering if perhaps Aqio was trying to pick a fight with him. Something that wouldn't go over well with the magic user because he was already in a mood over the weather. Studying him closely though he decided that maybe he wasn't trying to start something. He'd just take it as him just speaking first without thinking how it might sound.

After a moment he continued forward and said, "Fine, we can keep going. If you change your mind we can head back home." He started for the direction that he'd been heading, debating with himself about where they were going. It wasn't as though it was a big thing, not some Lord's house or a big party or something. They were just going for a warm soak in the bath house and maybe a strong drink. Both of which sounded good to him.

"Over here." He said, heading along a path that would lead them to the flashy building, dropping his wall spell only once he was safely out of the rain once more.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:42 pm
Orpheus Solon

Aqio followed along after Shesha. Watching as the new building came into view. He blinked. "I've never been to a place like this before." Which was true. Aqio was usually kept indoors for safety. Going to a bath house was for other folk. He felt a little shy as he reached out to gently touch Shesha's elbow. "This will be a interesting experience..."

He wasn't going to admit that he was a little scared. Though he glanced around and saw he'd get very little back up if things went wrong. This was going to be good...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:27 am
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

"They are nice places to go when you want to relax. Nice, warm water to soak in that they add various oils and herbs too. It makes one's skin soft and smooth, it's a place I like quite a bit." For complete egotistical reasons, of course. Walking inside he went up to the counter, talking with the one behind it, and then after paying he said, "Come along, little fish, we are going to one of the private baths."

Walking down the hall he stepped into one of the baths, setting his staff aside, and then walked over to where a bowl of water and some cloths were sitting. He starred down at them a moment then said, "No snide comments about this, got it?" He sounded somehow more worried then anything as he said the words before he set to removing his makeup. It wasn't something that he did around many people because it was removing a bit of what made him flashy and more easily noticed.

"You can jump in whenever you like... just make sure to strip down first, of course. I'll join you in a moment."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:16 pm
Orpheus Solon

Aqio blinked as he watched the other remove the makeup that made him stand out. Seeing Shesha so vulnerable had him stunned for just a moment. "Why be snide about that which is just as stunning when not dressed up?"

He stripped himself before slowly slipping into the warmer water. With a long drawn out sigh he sank into the waters. He went under for just a second then surfaced to make sure the warm water traded places with the cold. He looked back to Shesha. "So, what are our plans for the next few days?"

He had an idea for a possible vacation. Though, he doubted Shesha would leave Oba.  
◈ Events

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff