[WE] Strange Weather (Theriar & Cahira)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:41 am
Theriar poked his head out of his door early in the morning prepared to spend another hard day fishing and checking the oysters, however the weather when he looked outside was strange and gloomy, looking rather a lot more like the land of his zenan ancestors than his newly adopted home of Matori.

When the first snow flakes fell and the wind picked up he knew he would not be sailing the seas today no sir. So he went to find Cahira the young woman he had spoken to so long ago.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:49 pm
While her older siblings had gotten to travel as children Cahira and her young sister and brother had never really left the regions of Matori and Oba. So for most of her younger years she had always enjoyed warmer weather as even the winters of Matori rarely got too chilly. The concept of snow then had always been amusing to her - after all could one really imagine rain turning into cold white flakes? Her sister had tossed white pieces of cotton towards her before while exclaiming it was snowing. That memory was definitely far from anything like snow, that much Cahira was realizing now as the skies turned gray and fat, wet drops of white fell from above. The ground was still slightly warm so mostly it was melting but for the areas cool enough she saw that it was sticking.

It was in such an area by the coast that Cahira was presently squatting down over a series of large flat rocks and watching as the snow slowly started making a light dusting. A small hint of an amused smile decorated her lips as she held out a finger and traced some shapes in the light layer of snow. One thing was for certain her sister was right about how cold it could be and Cahira was thankful for the cloak that her mother had gifted her.

"And to think that some people live with this all the time..."  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:12 pm
Theriar looked around until he saw a familiar silhouette doodling in the snow. He caught her comment. "It does seem strange does it not, that people would willingly choose to live somewhere were the very rain itself is frozen before it even hits the ground." He caught a snowflake on his palm and examined it. Some of his ancestors had lived in the snow, and some of them had not. He personally liked a not snowy Matori.

"It has been a long time Cahira." He hoped he hadn't startled her, he didn't meant to move as quietly as he did, it just came kind of naturally to him. He could not keep the fondness out of his voice either. This little one, who was no longer so little had comforted him in a time where he had had no one else to turn to. He would always be grateful to her for that.

[quote"Sabra Knight"]  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:13 pm
Aukai Oceansoul

Cahira stiffened in surprise as a voice suddenly came from behind her. She only froze for a moment, however, before quickly jumping into action as she recognized the voice of the hybrid friend she had made the other day. Without hesitation the girl twisted from her seat so that she could spring to her feet and greet Theriar, "Oh! You startled me!" She teased lightly as she reached out to nudge his shoulder with a hand, "But yes it is strange, right?" She shivered as she pulled her hand back from his shoulder so that she could hug her cloak tighter to her body.

"Has it been so long?" She joked lightly with a giggle, "Though I suppose it must have been a while considering snow has hit Matori!" She grinned towards Theriar, "Did it really take Matori freezing over for us to meet again?" Cahira seemingly wiggled in place as she used the burst of energy from seeing Theriar to keep herself warm, "I'm afraid if I stop moving I may become one of those snowmen that others talk about~"  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:01 pm
Sabra Knight

He had to smile at her, he just didn't have control over his face. "Its been a while, look at how tall you have gotten! You still have some catching up to do." He leveled his hand at his own more lofty height. "Alkidike blood." He grinned at her. She couldn't change her genetics.

"Hah! I suppose it did. I'm sorry it has been so long. I really am." Next time it wouldn't be so long between visits.

He took his coat off and wrapped it around her. "This is why I live here, I hope the snow doesn't stay long it will be cold out on the ocean fishing."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:19 am
Aukai Oceansoul

He was smiling awfully a lot, wasn't he? Was she that entertaining to watch? Cahira couldn't help smiling in return though as she watched his warm expression. At least Theriar always seemed happy to see her - a much appreciated change from the gloomy day when she had first encountered the other hybrid. It was nice and even though they had only interacted a bit in the past before separating ways she considered him a fine friend indeed. Though when he teased her about her height the petite girl placed a hand on a hip in protest, "I'll get there just you wait!" She chided him, "I'm pretty tall for a girl my age, at least my papa says so. I'm sure I'll grow even a few more inches in the next couple of years!" Cahira pulled back her shoulders and held her head up proudly, "Maybe I'll get really high heels one day like some of those ladies wear and then we'll see... If not I'll just have to sit on your shoulders one day to see what it's like up there being so tall and mighty~"

Her teasing gaze softened at his apology and the girl shook her head quickly, "It's okay. I know it's hard sometimes especially when life takes everyone to different places. My older sister even travels away lately and it's been a few weeks since I've seen her." She smiled lightly, "With that I 'spose it's only natural that sometimes you can't see someone every other day or so. We can only hope that they're doing well and on occasion thinking of us."

Blinking in surprise as she was suddenly wrapped in warmth Cahira stopped bouncing back in forth to instead tighten the coat around her shoulders, "I hope it passes quickly too...it's nice and all but I do miss the warmth of the sunlight and laying on the hot sands." She pursed her lips thoughtfully, "I know ice fishin' and all that is a thing but I really hope we don't become the next Zena. And are you sure about your coat? If it gets too cold I can give it back. I'm tougher than I look, ya know." Cahira paused and studied him before giving a small smile, "Seriously though it is nice to see you again. I hope you've been well?"  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:07 pm
Sabra Knight

He couldn't help but laugh at her sass! She was like bright sunlight after months of gray skies. Chuckling he did something he wouldn't do for anyone else and knelt on his knees. "There now you can see what its like to be tall, don't I look adorable?" He was well prepared to dodge the ramifications.
Standing he said, "I have no doubt you will get tall," he pointed cryptically at her feet.

"I think I met your sister one day, she bought a lot of fish from me, she has blue hair? A bit taller than you?" The woman had been preparing for a feast and he had helped carry the fish home.

"I hope it passes quickly too, I can just imagine how it would change the ecosystem! If I liked cold I would have gone to live in Zena, I love Matori. Though I may visit Oba sometime soon, I don't suppose you would want to come? I've never seen it. But I have enough money saved up to travel now. If you knew how many mackerel I've sold..." he smiled brightly. This girl was a joy to be around. So bright and full of life that it woke up a part of him that had been dormant and somber for too long.  
◈ Events

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games