Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] To the Beach (Tsuyat, Pency & Dragons)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:23 am
Having been working on paperwork for most of the day stuck behind a desk, his dragon feeding him thoughts of calming oceans and sandy beaches which served to do nothing more than irritate him further. Tsuyat was beyond ready to be done and might even have sped up on the last few papers as he finally began to burn out. Rubbing at his eyes he leaned back in his chair and groaned, debating his next move as his dragon simply continued to send him images of the beach.

Do you have to keep doing that? You know I want to go down there just as much as you. he thought towards the small bronze, covering his face with his wide hands and sighing.

I was simply attempting to convince you that this would be a better place to spend the day, you're done your paperwork, why don't you come down? I can even come pick you up. came the bronze's voice for the first time in hours, it sounded quite content and even a bit smug if he could rightly tell. It took everything that the rider had to ignore him but he couldn't ignore his own desires and he had some free time after all of this was over. It wasn't like the wing maneuvers had gone badly today and he was in a rather decent mood.

Sliding back in his chair he rolled to his feet and wandered out of the room and towards the Weyr Bowl, shooting a thought to his dragon who responded with laughter and at least a positive reply. He could almost feel the uprush of wings as the bronze took off from wherever it was that he was currently lounging, though it had to be somewhere close to the water with all of those images. Their weyr was down there, so it made sense anyway, but none of them seemed rather close to where they stayed and he wasn't about to ask his dragon about them.

Just about the time that he made it outside the dragon swooped over the top of the bowl and slid down to where he was gracefully, always landing as smoothly as he could no matter who was watching. Or who wasn't. All about the acrobatics with the small bronze, he couldn't help trying to draw all eyes towards himself. With a happy trill Yudueth pressed his head against Tsuyat's torso and hummed happily, eyes swirling to a bright purple color when his rider scratched down both sides of his neck.

"I can't believe you sometimes, but I can't really argue with you either." Tsu offered up with a laugh as the scratches turned into movements mirroring that of a massage as he worked at the muscles beneath his fingers. "Hopefully the beach is a bit more relaxing this evening than being stuck inside an office."

It had to be, there was no way it wouldn't.

medigel

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:03 am
Pency was doing quite the opposite. Although he was (mostly) sure he had done his paperwork, he wasn't eager to go back into the office to double check, lest he find out the truth. No, let that be future Pency's problem. Present Pency wanted to fish.

It was getting into the warmer seasons now, and while it wasn't quite summer, he was already prepared for it to be. In tan swim shorts and a tank top that had seen better days, he had been happy to sit on the sand in silence for the better part of a few hours after applying some sun lotion and grabbing his gear. While he could see why other people might not like staying rooted to the spot waiting for who knew how long, Pency personally saw it as a meditative time. The sun shimmered across the water, adding to the mesmerizing atmosphere.

Rekamuth, however, was quite active. He usually was whenever water was involved, and he had attempted to impress passing dragons with his agility and grace as he dove in and out of the water in dazzling displays, with...middling success, if he did say so himself. The blue never did expect to get much out of them beyond a laugh, and his antics were as much fun to him as they were a display of skill. When he finished, he settled behind Pency to sun and to preen, eyes closed, the water droplets emphasizing his brilliant coat before they dried off.

You should take a dip before you roast, he suggested. Pency only grunted to show that he had heard and leaned back against the dragon, for now enjoying the shade and free backrest, even if it meant getting his shirt wet.

One of Rekamuth's eyes opened, and he hummed pleasantly as he watched a familiar bronze streak dart about the beach. He liked Yudueth, if only because he too knew the value of being acrobatic for the hell of it, and his rider seemed nice enough. Plus, His was being antisocial and boring again. And so Rekamuth bugled a greeting across the way, easy to spot by his extended wings draped over the sand.

I will give it a 7, for I feel generous! he declared with a mischievous glint in his eyes. You've gotten rusty since our last choreography lesson, Yudueth. Privately, he added to Pency. Say hi to the wingsecond.

Only half listening, Pency gave a distracted wave of his hand. His line was moving!

Hattaki

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:14 am
Wings bringing him in to a spiraling spin that ended with the little bronze coasting down over the sand until he landed, his rider leaping from the straps he'd loosened just shortly before and landing smoothly on the sands as if the two actually did use choreography. They of course did not. Evidenced by the fact that the wingsecond wound up pinwheeling for two seconds before landing face first down in the sand with an audible sigh.

A trumpet of amusement came from his bronze dragon as Yudueth twisted from his landing and walked lightly over the sand towards the smaller blue. He'd never once tried to be as flashy as the smaller dragons that were far better at it than he was, but that didn't mean for one second that he didn't enjoy showing off for them either.

Oh, only a seven? You wound me Rekamuth! Surely that was more leveled at my lovely rider who can't keep his own feet if it counted. Yudueth crowed, his amusement finally boiling over into a deep laugh. Though I'm sure your own beautiful wings would look far lovelier preforming such acrobatics, much better than my own brassy boring ones.

Hefting himself from the sand with a grunt, Tsuyat dusted off his shirt and the pants he was wearing despite knowing full well that he was going to end up with far more dust. It wasn't going to be a bad day, he was determined for it to be much better if it killed him and the way the day was going it very well could have. Glancing at the wingrider he recognized very well, personally he always wished that there was something he could to to help Pency look a little less tired than he always seemed, but the rider got through his training drills and fights without a single problem. So at least the man had that going for him, still though.

"How are the fish treating you today Pency? It looks as though you caught something, hopefully something tasty." Tsuyat offered, even his voice a smile as he wandered over to just a few paces away. Squatting down to glance out the length of the line, he tried to ponder what might be caught on the end of the rider's line but he wasn't about to get any closer when he could tell that the other was being a bit anti-social. He of course was more than a little aware of Pency's moods and how they worked and flowed, he was happy to know that the man was generally kind and worked hard when it was asked of him. That alone endeared him to the wingsecond that could have cared less that he rode a blue when he knew that he had a trustworthy wingmate. "That looks like a big one actually."

Stretching his lithe form out over the sands near the blue, though not near close enough that his outstretched wings might touch, Yudueth sighed happily as he settled down and he sent his rider a bemused thought that earned him a snort in response. This should prove to be at least a bit interesting.

medigel
I just pulled the trigger and assumed they would both know something about each other. XD Having been wingriders for years. *Thumbs up*

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:04 pm
The blue chuffed at poor Tsuyat before turning to his fellow dragon. Shushhhhhhhh, he hummed, though Rekamuth's eyes were a pleased blue, almost melting into his hide color. Herdbeasts and runners: both are tasty in their own way. So too are we. Well, not tasty, but good. That was a terrible metaphor. He made a second chortling sound at himself. Let me try again: I would still Chase you if you decided to Rise and buck tradition~

At least Pency didn't catch the pratfall. His eyes were trained on the water, and he grunted in response to the wingsecond's question. It wasn't unusual to hear as much out of him, even when he wasn't distracted: Pency was a man who was prone to mumbling and said little at a time at that. One could tell the feelings behind each of his grunts, however, given enough time: this one, for instance, Tsuyat would know to be somewhere between neutral and annoyed. His lack of catches had been bothersome, and Rekamuth wasn't helping.

Come, be bored with me. Rekamuth lifted his wings, letting them lull in the light breeze. I'm sure nothing spectacular is about to happen or anything~

He could be this blatant about his incoming trick, because as per usual his Rider was tuning everything out now that the action was picking up. The line went taut and began to zigzag madly. Another grunt, this one higher pitched from effort, left Pency as he got to his feet and began to dig his heels into the sand. A fish that big? True, he had been waiting for something to snag for a while now, but for the most part the beach only had small fries. Unless--

Something broke the water in a fantastic dolphin impression: a playful little green bugled her victory before crashing back into the water, spraying Pency and possibly Tsuyat in her wake. Pency didn't move even as the water slapped against him, bag-rimmed eyes blinking furiously against the sea salt sting. The line went tight again before promptly falling slack as the green sailed away, floating to the surface; the hook and weight had been accidentally taken. Oops.

Rekamuth broke into amused trills nonetheless, head tilted back.

Hattaki
totally fine, i love the details <3

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:39 am
Amusement came off of the bronze in waves of rolling chuckling, he'd known for turns that Rekamuth was rather fond of anything dragon that moved and color was of little consequence to him, it had made him rather fond of him even if he'd never make that move himself. It wasn't wrong for the smaller blue to assume that Yudueth might catch him if he could, though he'd never rise himself he might have thought of scooping him from the air once or twice during flights in the past. Well should the time come I might see fit to ask your permission in grabbing you on the way back down to reality. Could make for a fun ride. he rumbled with eyes that swirled varying shades of blues and greens. Maybe it was the fact that the day was nice or the warmth of the sand on his stomach and the sun on his hide, but he was in a good mood and there were no slightly pessimistic thoughts even drawing him down. Hopefully that held true as he tilted his head to take in the two riders over near the water.

Not unused to the silence he received from Pency for his questions and statements, Tsuyat wasn't at all unsettled and rather he was more interested in what was actually caught on the end of the line that seemed to pull so tightly. Standing as soon as the line began to dance in patterns through the water, he pulled his eyebrows together and tilted his head a little bit in curiosity and only a touch of concern. Surely the other rider was strong enough to draw whatever this was in... but what on Pern could be that big and strong that it would drag a rider in the sand? Everything he'd ever seen caught off the waters near the Weyr were small and certainly not this strong, maybe a dolphin? But it would have broken the surface by now if it were a dolphin, of that he was certain.

There are many things that swim through these waters, not all of them are fish. Yudueth commented on his rider's thoughts, shifting his body so that he faced towards the water a bit, though that drug him a bit closer. When the green broke through the water, her laughter infectious as she doused both riders and flashed back away, the bronze couldn't help but bugle himself in her wake as the laughter he felt deep within exploded outward. It wasn't for their misfortune as much as it was that she had put on a rather fantastic show in an unexpected way.

What a fun green indeed!

Despite his dragon's amusement Tsuyat wasn't as excited for the wave of salty water that smacked him nearly from his feet once more to the sand below them. Though he admitted deep down that it was rather lovely she was so spritely his clothes were soaked through and couldn't find the same level of laughter inside that his dragon had coming off of him in waves. Even Pency's blue Rekamuth was laughing as the two riders simply stared out towards the water and the line that was floating on the surface. Shaking his head he stripped off his shirt so it didn't stick to him in the rising heat that was coming from the sands, spring was certainly getting warmer and warmer.

"Well... that was definitely interesting, never seen any dragon do that before, I must say." Tsuyat offered up as he tossed the wet shirt in his hand at his dragon for his laughter.

medigel

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:34 pm
I agree it would~ His permission! He almost laughed some more at the very idea. Permission. As if Rekamuth wouldn't be happy to capture someone's attention for even a little while, male or female.

We dragons do many things when you're away, he said to Tsuyat most sagely, as if he wasn't still chuffing between words. I thought I would show Mine a taste. Literally, judging from the still slightly agape mouth.

Pency snapped back to reality and wiped at his face repeatedly, passing his blue a tired, annoyed look. He made a shooing motion; if Rekamuth was so bored, he didn't have to stick around.

But then you'd never stop being a hermit. The blue's eyes twinkled. Or strip in front of a wingsecond. Go on~

Rolling his eyes, Pency instead began to bunch up the edges of his shirt and squeeze the water out. It wasn't that he was uncomfortable going shirtless, or seeing Tsuyat shirtless, or anyone else for that matter--he just felt like being spiteful.

Rekamuth sighed through his nose.

"Sorry 'bout him," Pency said to Tsuyat in a low mumble, his usual volume. "Failed catchin' a green earlier, so he's actin' out."

Rekamuth feigned affront, tail whipping. Chasing Asilaeth was worth the fall. Poor thing had been grounded for too long.

Hattaki

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:28 pm
"So it would seem!" Tsuyat responded to the blue's statement, laughter ringing as his shirt was caught by Yudueth's tail effortlessly so that it didn't hit either of the sunning dragons. He rolled his eyes himself and crossed his arms over his chest as he looked at the two of them there in the sunlight, restraining himself from shaking his head at them. "You don't have to apologize for either of them, the sass-filled things. Trust me, from the time he broke his egg Yudueth's been giving me ulcers."

That was only half a joke, the small bronze could be sassy if he was left to his own devices or when he was around those that he fully trusted, so it seemed at least that he was relaxed enough around a wingmate to do it. Just the mention of the flight had his dragon's attention turn a bit though and that gave him the chance to wander down into the water after the line that had been floating atop it just moments ago. Thanks to the loss of the anchor and weight it was easy to grasp and he pulled it back in, twisting it around his fingers in the process so that Pency didn't lose any of it, or more than he already had.

"Either you're the strongest man with a reel that I've seen or that green had planned that from moment one." Tsu said as he placed the coiled line down where it met the rod once more. "Not quite the catch I was anticipating you have."

Snorting at his rider for still being focused on fishing, Yudueth tilted his head to one side and glanced back at Rekamuth, I saw that flight but duties kept from participating. Quite the pull she had to have grabbed the attentions of so many males though it didn't appear to go so far out. He'd of course seen the older green around, she might have been grounded but that didn't mean that he didn't pay attention to the details of many dragons within the Weyr proper and a rising green was hard to ignore. If it hadn't been that he was busy he might have even chased her himself for that crazy intensity. Shame you hadn't caught her, but knowing you there'll be other times for you to shine and far more opportunities to chase and catch. Sometimes not even the color you might be chasing.

The words came out impish for certain, but Yudueth was nothing if not direct when he spoke to things and Rekamuth was a brilliant looking blue that surely none would mind finding in their claws at the end of a flight, least of all himself given how his interests fluctuated.

medigel
Sorry for short. D8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:11 am
Pency, as was his wont, merely grunted again. This time it was of the long-suffering kind, doubly so as he was handed back what was left of his line. He'd get his fish...eventually. Today, however, given how determined his blue was being about the antisocial activity, he'd probably have to stick to what the kitchens had ready for them instead. Well, after he dried off. If he was allowed to dry off. Shaffit.

"Planned," he said with a growl in his voice, though it was half-hearted. Rarely was Pency able to muster up the energy for anything as full blown as a real emotion like anger. He knew Rekamuth meant well, even if it was annoying.

Rekamuth chirruped something innocent. Or triumphant. Or both. You're a little flatterer today, Yudueth~ he sent to the bronze, and if dragons could have batted their eyelashes he would have. Not that I'm complaining! But save some lines for the lovely girls.

His dragon was hardly one who needed extra compliments, Pency wanted to say, but he sighed and let the blue preen in peace. He mumbled his thanks to Tsuyat and began to tie the piece of line back to the rod; he'd worry about changing it all out for later, but for now he was just going to give up and put everything back in his weyr. And yes, he added to Rekamuth, he was going to talk to Tsuyat if he wished to join him on the trek back. The blue sent him a wave of satisfaction in return.

"Gonna put it back n' head t'the messhall," Pency told the other man by way of invitation as he began to put his things into the tackle box.

Excellent! Rekamuth shook his head, and a few stray droplets from the splash sprayed about. You two gossip while I teach Yudueth the proper way to woo on the wing.

Hattaki
short she says dfgsdfsk <3

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:08 pm
Both of Tsuyat's eyebrows pulled together as a sympathetic smile crossed his face, careful not to let Pency see that expression he quickly cleared it and was back to his normal easy smile by the time the man turned around to face him. He'd known Pency and Rekamuth long enough that he could tell the dragon was most likely the cause of the man's grunt but then he had never been extremely talkative anyway and that didn't bother the bronze rider one bit. Pern took all kinds and Pency was a good kind.

"We have a lot of playful dragons here abouts, especially since the stress of Threadfall often necessitates finding another way to let off steam. I wonder which dragon that was though." He pondered as he looked after where the little gal had flown off, further back out to sea certainly so it would be hard to tell who her rider was and exactly what level of impish they might be as well. If it had just been himself he wouldn't have minded, but Pency clearly wasn't in the mood when he'd been expecting a large fish rather than a trickster in the shape of a dragon.

Personally he loved it though!

Flattery comes quite easily when around another dragon with a silver tongue like yours Rekamuth. Yudueth teased, his tone playful in spite of truly being serious, he'd always wished he possessed the ability to flatter quite to the blue's level but alas he was more physical with his displays of affection and less with words no matter how he might wish to try. With males it came just as easily as it could with any lady that was out there, but given that he was currently unattached romantically he didn't concern himself overmuch with how he doled out any words, since it wouldn't harm another that he could tell.

But 'woo on the wing'! That nearly had him laughing and a gentle trumpet left him even as he was sending a mental push to his rider to follow after Rekamuth's. Oh if there ever were any that knew the ins and outs of wooing on the fly it would be you for certain! But do tell, what new sort of training would you put in my claws then you sparkling of blues?

At the push Tsuyat lifted an eyebrow and cast a grin at Pency once more. "Well I still say you may be the strongest man with a reel, holding on when that little green might have ripped it from your hands. After that you certainly deserve a lunch and all the paperwork I've been buried under had me forgetting to eat the past few candlemarks. Mind if I join you in that direction after all?" His shirt was gone so he might have to stop on the way there and grab another, but at least with his tan skin the sun didn't stand a chance of burning him on the walk back and it would be more than worth it. Long past were the days that he could go walking along the beach or even just back to the Weyr whenever he wanted and any opportunity he had to simply relax a bit and not rush to and fro was spectacular. Let his dragon relax on the sand, he could find him soon enough when the time came for them to pick up where they'd left off for the day.

medigel

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff