[PRP] Sandy Toes

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:44 pm
It was a sunny day today, not a cloud in the sky, and a rather interesting pair were making their way down to the sandy shores of the beach. One was a young man who walked with quite a bit of pep in his step, a picnic basket on his arm, chattering away to a young green dragon who plodded along sullenly at his side. Her head was much lower than most dragons would carry it, her wings untucked and dragging a bit on the ground, her tail much the same. It looked as if the air weighed a ton and she was bearing the load all on her own. But her eyes were a bright sky blue as she listened to whatever the young man had to say, the rider speaking expressively with the one hand that wasn't hanging on to the basket.

"And we get to pick where we want to have our Weyr! Well, not exactly, but we can decide if we want to live up in the dens around the Bowl or here on the beach," Venn explained delightedly as they reached the sand. He didn't hesitate to kick off his sandals, picking them up with his free hand once he stepped onto the warm surface. Nzambith wasn't far behind, her toes sinking into the sand as well. It had been months since she had last been on a surface like this and she could recall how warm and inviting it had felt when she had hatched.

I like this. It's warm and soft, she said before gazing over at Vennodren. The rider gave a little grin and a nod, reaching out to rub one smooth cheek.

"I thought you might, darling Nzambith. It's why I wanted to show you. I want you to like where we live, too! It's not just me that'll be sleeping here. You know what the Weyrs at the Bowl are like and I wanted you to see what your other option was."

The green dragon gave a little rumble deep in her chest but otherwise said nothing as the pair pressed on, walking closer to where the water met the shore. A brisk breeze blew in from the sea, causing Nzambith to lift her head, her wings rising to catch the air as well. She lifted her feet, using the breeze as a bit of a thermal and rose a few meters off the ground, flying without beating her wings at all. Her tail wriggled in the wind to keep herself straight, moving forward slowly despite the headwind. It died down and she settled to the ground once more, walking along as if nothing had happened.

"Look at you!" Vennodren said, clearly seeing the little bit of flying. "You're so good at that now, Nzam! We'll do so much training and get nice and comfortable in the air." She was finally large enough that Vennodren could ride her and they were starting to learn how to work together in the air. It was exciting and nerve wracking all at once!  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:14 pm
Despite the sun and the clear skies, Micheth wasn’t having the best day ever. The sun was bright and so was his rider’s mood—apparently they would soon be flying, and that seemed to make Jailla excited. He wasn’t sure he understood. Being on the ground was just fine. It was...Jailla called it fun. Yes. It was fun, and he liked to make sure his rider was at least enjoying herself.

Now if she’d only stop pressing him to make friends. He had plenty! He had his siblings! Why did he need any more than that? He followed his down the beach, pausing when he spotted a familiar green.

All at once, the icy colored blue seemed to light up. He made his way, rather slowly, towards her. Nzambith!  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:38 am
Nzambith lifted her head at Venn's praise, her eyes swirling a little blue with their normal dull green. Her confidence had grown in her flying since the first time they were allowed to take to the air. She had tumbled on that windy day but had gotten her first taste of being airborne and now she felt it was as natural as walking.

A surprise call of her name had the sluggish dragon turning her head, wings unfurling a bit in surprise as she spotted Micheth plodding her way. The icy dragon was much larger since the last time she had seen him, testament to the fact that she and her siblings alike were all growing every day. She gave a little trumpet in delight before turning to her brother, making her own droopy way to him.

Venn, realizing he was being left behind, shook his head in amusement and trotted after Nzambith as the two dragons headed for one another. He gave Jailla a little wave and a grin as Nzam reached Micheth, bumping her head affectionately against his neck.

Hello, brother, she said fondly in her deep, dull voice. Were it anyone else it would have come off as sarcastic or forced, but from her it was genuine.

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:53 pm
Jailla returned the wave with a smile. "He isn't usually so eager to interact," she said, amused. It was nice to see him with his siblings outside of lessons. He was so often trying to show Tinanath that he was just as good as the other blue, and hadn't really taken the time to talk to his other siblings.

Micheth copied the green's gesture, giving her a nuzzle. Hello, sister, he said. I hope I'm not interrupting? You've grown so much, I'm sure you've become an impressive flyer. He should have paid more attention during the lessons, he would have seen how well she did. He could have commented on that.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces