Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[BackdatedWeyrlingPRP]Wounded Pride(Al'ndru, Olliah, Dergs)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:03 pm
A bucket went crashing into the lake, the seventeen year old male who kicked it standing and breathing heavily. It wasn't often that he got angry, but the red anger he was feeling from Alucarth was hard to push down at the moment, especially when he was angry at himself for not stopping it, angry for Alucarth for even deciding to engage.

Al'ndru tromped into the water to retrieve the bucket, dropping it unceremoniously onto the ground before he threw himself onto the ground beside it. "Really? You just HAD to get into a fight with him? He's your brother!" The words were spoken into a hiss at the bronze sitting on the sand beside him.

Smaller the the other bronzes, with wings too large for his body at the moment, Alucarth was doing his best to appear above everything and indifferent. He knew his rider was reacting from the anger flowing between them. Cuts and bruises were on the bronze's hide, he would wear them with pride, he had wounded his brother just as much. He made fun of me Mine. You heard him. I could not let that stand. Red eyes flashed as they turned to look at his rider. His rider was also speaking badly about you. That also could not stand.

A growl emitted from Al'ndru's throat as he moved closer to his dragon, resting his head against the bronze. "You sharding idiot. You could have gotten badly hurt." He would not have killed me, and I would not have killed him. There was some laughter then, but it died out. "Well...I hope you like having more chores to do. V'mel will pile them on if he doesn't tan our hides for this." Straightening up, Al'ndru turned to start doctoring his bronze's cuts.

Masterharper

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:07 am
BastetAmun
About how old are they during this RP would you say? Weyrling wise... a few months? Older?

It was a warm day, perfect for giving Fianth a bath, and getting her oiled. The pale queen had been wanting to visit the water for a few days, but between lessons and chores, it had been a bit of a struggle finding the time. Thankfully, her lessons with Zheria had ended early, and she was certain she could fit in the time Fianth required to properly bathe. Though she would never object, Olliah knew that the young dragon preferred to luxuriate while being cleaned, and preferred not to be rushed.

Laden with brushes, a bucket of oil, some cloth, and a few paddles, Olliah was prepared for an afternoon near the waters edge. She also had brought with her a few towels, a small basket with snacks, and a canteen of water. Between the hot afternoon sun glaring down on them, and the scrubbing and oiling of Fianth, she had quickly learned to over-prepare.

Fianth was practically glowing with pleasure. The young queen walked patiently with her rider, but Olliah could feel the gold's excitement rise as they neared the water. She knew how bad the queen wanted to run right into the cool lake, and to play -- but she also knew her queen wasn't going to rush. She would be patient, and they would arrive together. At least, that had been the plan.

Something in Fianth changed, even as the queen's eyes went from a bright-blue to having flecks of yellow worry. She didn't even have to ask what the matter might be, as the queen quickened her pace and said, Mine, Alucarth's is upset.

Olliah hadn't yet taken note of who was by the water; there were people and dragons scattered here and there, a few weyrlings as well, but she was still too far back to really pick out who. Fianth, of course, knew, and now that they were bridging the distance, she could pick out the young bronze and his rider. Al'ndru.

Where Olliah might have given the two some room -- she was shy enough to prefer to give her fellow weyrlings room and not impose -- Fianth had other ideas. The delicate gold gave a worried thrum, even as she reached out to her red-eyed clutch sibling. Alucarth! You are hurt! Word of the fight had not yet reached Olliah or Fianth -- but with how news traveled, the story would have come out sooner than later. That alone caused the queen to hurry past her rider, so she might better fuss over the bronze.

Olliah, too, hurried. "Al'ndru, what happened? Are . . . are you guys all right?" She asked, eyes widening a bit as the injuries on the bronze became more apparent. She was quick to set down her things, in case the other needed help.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:58 pm
He had wanted to just go about in the background, working on doctoring Alucarth's cuts, but that wasn't going to be what happened. The bronze lifted his head, turning it to see his golden sister coming towards them. She had seen that he was hurt and seemed worried. There was a bit of pride at the fact his sister wanted to care for him, then shame that it was needed.

It is not that bad, Fianth. His words were elegant and sweet to his sister, hiding the anger he was still feeling from her. He would have moved to nudge his head against hers but the hard push to remain where he was from Al'ndru kept him put.

Olliah's voice caused Al'ndru to stiffen for a moment, more because he was still working on getting the emotions he was feeling bleed over from Alucarth under control. He didn't want to appear rude to her, not only because she was a Gold Rider but she was a sweet young woman as well. You must be so happy to have Gold's fussing over you.. As he felt the push back of No, of course not. There was also a happiness that told Al'ndru that the bronze really did.

"We are fine Olliah. Luckily they are just a couple of small scrapes and cuts." He paused in his work, seeing that all of them had been doctored before he turned his head to look up at the woman. "Alucarth took offense when one of the other bronze's derided him for his size." It was not only for my honor that the fight began Mine. His rider was making some very rude remarks about you. Alucarth sent that thought to Olliah and Fianth as well, though he did seem a little sheepish now that Fianth knew he had been the one to start the physical fight.

Masterharper
I'm thinking probably about three months or so. The emotions bleeding over would still be pretty fresh around then I think.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:07 pm
BastetAmun

It was clear that Alucarth had Fianth's full attention. The young queen couldn't help but fuss and worry over her clutchmates, just as she worried over Hers. Her concern was all but palpable as she looked over Alucarth's wounds -- and while he was not able to approach her, she had no such restriction. After walking around both rider and weyrling, the queen settled close to her sibling -- but out of Al'ndru's way -- and leaned her head in to gently rest it upon Alucarth's shoulder and neck. Or at least somewhere that wouldn't further hurt the bronze.

Are you quite certain you'll be well? It looks painful, and I should not wish you to hurt. The dragon gave a sad creel, and sent gentle, loving, little waves to the bronze. She hoped to share his pain, or at least to diminish it, for surely the wounds and bruises might well hurt. Perhaps it was unnecessary, but she was going to do what she would, and wasn't going to allow Alucarth or His to tell her otherwise!

Olliah, of course, frowned a bit at what she heard. She didn't like the idea of the weyrlings bickering to the point of ichospill -- and she could only imagine the berating they'd get from the Weyrlingmaster. "I'm surprised they'd pick on him in such a fashion. He's perfectly charming, and if they're going to pick and peck because of size, then they need to insult Fianth, too." Her brows knit and her frown deepened. Her own gold had hatched from a small egg, and it was clear that, short of some miracle, she wasn't going to be nearly as large as her dam or sire. "I'm sorry they were unkind, though. Does this happen often?" She hated to ask, but if Al'ndru and Alucarth were getting picked on to the point of fighting...well. Olliah wouldn't hesitate to get involved.

She grew up raising her siblings for much of her life -- if someone needed to put in their place, the maternal woman was the one to do it.

Fianth gave a small creel as Alucarth confessed a bit more. How brave of you! I wouldn't tolerate anyone being cruel to Mine, either. Did you win then? the little gold asked, her curiosity genuine. A small part of her knew she would need to next check on their bully of a clutchsib. She did not want either of them hurting, and yet, she would have Words. She didn't like bullies, and she wasn't going to abide them, hmph!

Olliah sent a soothing thought to Hers, hoping the little queen didn't take it upon herself to march off to find their clutchsib. "Did you need any help or need anything to finish patching him up?" She asked with a brighter smile, deciding to focus on the bronze's healing, and how to better assist her fellow weyrling.  

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas