Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 2:01 pm
[Set after Meta ORP]

Everything seemed like a fog. It was like the real world blended into dreams in a smooth, undiscernible gradient. Was he even awake, now? And how long had he been asleep?

Nchekwube's body protested his hasty movements as the adolescent made his way through the pride. He had ignored any surprised faces that he saw—shocked, no doubt, at the sudden appearance of the young lion that had had been recovered, comatose, from the rockslide during the festivities. He had pushed past any healers and family members that had been at his side when he awoke. Nche had indeed awoken, groggy and urgent.

He needed to find Itiri. He needed to find Isiike. He needed to talk to someone. He needed to tell someone what he had seen. The images that had come to him in his sleep. Fuzzy at first, like a hazy dream, then slowly becoming all too clear. The faces that he saw—loved ones, fellow pride members. Even now the images seemed so clear. Far too clear to be just a dream.

The world didn't seem the same, anymore. He was filled with a sense of clarity, and a sense of fear.

The fatigue of muscles that hadn't been used caught up to him. What had it been, days? Weeks? Nchekwube's breaths were quick and heavy and finally the tiredness caught up to him. Not far from the living quarters of the pride, the young adolescent slumped onto a rock. His mind still spun. He needed to find someone. But he needed to catch his breath.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 2:24 pm
oo DeD

It had been a breath of relief when they had found Nchekwube in the disaster that had happened to their pride. She had heard recently that he had awoken but she hadn't realized that he would have been out and about because there he was, not too far ahead, and he wasn't looking too well. "Nche! Are you okay, do you think you should be out so soon?" She rushed over towards the fatigued male.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 2:31 pm
AstoriaFallen

"Juu?"

Nchekwube squinted at the familiar face, as if he were looking at her through fog. He blinked a few times, then repeated himself, partially to make the greeting sound less like a question and partially to reassure to himself that yes, this was Juu. This was real. And here.

"Juu," he repeated, the fatigue clear in his voice. In his chest, his heartbeat rang in his own ears. "I…" His pink and purple eyes rested on her with a look of tiredness that quickly washed away to a pointed determination as he adjusted his pose, sitting up tall. "I'm fine, yes," he looked from side to side as if he were looking for anyone else that might be with her. "Do you… Do you know where Itiri is? I know he might be busy but…" his voice trailed off once more, his tone becoming the shy unsureness that was more characteristic of the young male. He shook it out of himself. "But I need to talk to him. It's important."

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 2:53 pm
oo DeD

Given his current condition she wasn't sure he should be out here alone either so she made the decision to stick with him, no matter where he ended up going today. Growing closer to him she looked him over and he seemed alright, aside from the obvious fatigue he must be feeling from what he'd gone through. "I'm not sure where he is at the moment, but I can help you find him." She said it as a statement and not a question because she wasn't going to let him look for him alone. "What is it about?" She figured she could at least ask.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 3:00 pm
AstoriaFallen

"I…" Nchekwube watched her for a few moments, brows furrowed like he was trying to figure the right words to say. His gaze drifted to the side. There was no good way to explain it. No way that made sense, anyway.

"I saw something," he started, his voice low as if he were just talking to her and didn't want the world to hear, "when I was asleep. Lions from the pride, but different. It was like… like I was seeing into them. Like I was seeing things I had no way of seeing."

A pause and another furrow of the brow. He shook out his slowly filling adolescent mane. "And it wasn't like a dream. Not just a dream, anyway. I know it seems crazy, but…" his voice trailed again and he looked off to the side. "But it seemed important. I was just… just hoping to get some of his advice." A sigh escaped him, then, and Nchekwube turned his eyes back to her. A heavy breath left his chest, slow and calming. "But maybe I shouldn't be hasty. Da would e upset if he knew I just ran off like this…" Conflict came upon his face, then, twisting and contorting his confused expression.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 3:52 pm
oo DeD

She didn't rush him and listened intently as he spoke, taking care to hear what he was saying. "Like you were living what they were living?" She asked him curious to know more about what he had seen when he was unconscious. Giving him a reassuring smile she reached out a paw to touch his shoulder gently, "I'm sure he will understand. The choice is yours though, we can go back to your home or we can go find Itiri." It was his choice, though she knew either way there would be some form of consequence. One side would be his father being concerned where he was and the other his own subconscious guilting him for not finding Itiri sooner.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 4:04 pm
AstoriaFallen

"Like…" A pause. "Like I was just seeing them. But seeing them. Like. Something more than just the physical them." Nchekwube leaned into the feeling of the paw against his shoulder. It was a nice anchor of reality. A sot reassurance that in all the confusion there was something there that was real. Another sigh. "I don't know. It doesn't make much sense."

He thought for a little while, then, and looked back to her. Family had always been of the upmost importance to Nchekwube. Something instilled by his father, he supposed. They would be worried. If this hadn't been important he would have run back to them. He would have apologized for running off and done his best to be a good, quiet son.

But this was important. "Do you… Do you think it would be okay if we go find Iriti?" He asked, giving his decision in the form of a question as if he were asking permission. Quiet and polite weren't characteristics easily shrugged off by a bit of urgency.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 4:22 pm
oo DeD

Giving a nod of her head she listened and gave a real long thought about where Iriti might be in case he wanted to head to where he was first. While she didn't talk to him often she usually knew where he liked to spend his time. "I think what you're saying makes sense, though I'm definitely not one to be able to tell you what it might mean." She was certain Itiri might be able to help him or at least take him to someone who could.

"That is fine with me, once I get him to you I'll make sure to let your family know where you are."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 4:27 pm
AstoriaFallen

Nchekwube gave a small but genuine smile. "It's okay. It's just nice to be able to vocalize it with someone, even if it doesn't make anything any clearer." He gave a wry laugh and got to his feet. His head dipped and he touched his forehead to her shoulder. "Thanks for helping me. I'm just… confused? I guess? I feel like so much has happened. And I feel bad about everyone being so worried…" Much had happened, though it seemed like his little accident seemed to be the end of the dramatic affairs. For now, at least. Or maybe those taking care of him had just been holding back news. Either way, he had important things to tend to. Questions to be answered.

"Thanks, Juu," he repeated, stepping away with a nod of the head. "Shall we?"

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 4:36 pm
oo DeD
fin!

The grey colored female could only imagine what the young male was going through and she was just glad she was able to do what she could in order to help him sort this out, at least try to get him to someone who might be able to sort it all out. "You're welcome, I just hope it all works out for you in the end." Taking the lead she led him towards where she figured he might be at.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas