Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[PRP] Laying Down the Law (Bast'ion x Yhe)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:51 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mistakes had been made, but she could no longer allow herself to think of her actions as mistakes. For the sake of the life that was coming, she had to be better than herself. It would not be easy, but nothing ever seemed to be for her. The cubs' father was weak, so in his place she had to be strong and through her strength encourage him to be better. It was a monumental task. She had been stuck with Bast'ion long enough to know his ways and his many weaknesses. Responsibility had never been his strongest attribute. Over time Bast'ion had seemed to master running away from his problems.

It just so happened that Yhe was not someone he could run from. He had captured her and made her his thrall - there was no escape for him if he hoped to return home to his den.

He had been absent for a while, though not nearly as long as he usually was. Yhe wasn't sure if it was because of her influence, or that his vikings were just short and successful. Whatever the case was, he had been gone long enough that by the time he made it back Yhe's condition was... obvious. It had taken her a while to accept the consequences of her actions, and it was even more difficult when she was helping to take care of Bast'ion's current cubs. There were so many already, and she was about to add more to the horde.

The elegant lioness sighed and brushed away those dark thoughts of her weaknesses. She had to get over it with cubs on the way. They would be here soon, so it was fortunate that Bast'ion made his return before their arrival. She made her way back to the family dens where she suspected to find him. Word travelled quickly within the pride when certain groups returned from their viking, and so she knew Bast'ion would be around.

Walking into the den, she spied Bast'ion and spoke quickly, "We need to talk. Follow me." She wasn't about to have this conversation in front of his family. It was likely one of his cubs had already spilled the beans, but that hardly mattered. This was a conversation that needed to happen between them to dictate how Yhe would handle his relationship with their cubs.

Alpaca Chobi

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 12:53 pm
Krysin

User Image

"Oh of course," Was Bast'ions intimidate response to Yhe needing to talk.He'd taken some heavy damage recently and it had been none other than Yhe who had nursed him back to health. She'd done more than just nurse him back and now Bast'ion felt an over whelming closeness to her. He was a bit like a puppy following after her.

There was a growing bump around her midsection which was something Bast'ion should have pieced together but being away he honestly hadn't. He was mildly glancing at it and Yhe now as they walked.

The two had shared an evening together after all it wasn't out of the question but what did perplex Bast'ion was the fact if they were his cubs she was keeping them. Though, there was also the two other possibilities which were that yes there were cubs coming but they weren't his or Yhe had put on a little weight.

The kirin lion decided not to put any mention on her midsection for now unless she was the one to draw attention to it. For now it was best if he kept silent and followed.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:52 pm
She led them away from the family dens, unable to tame the frantic whirl of thoughts flashing through her brain. A lot of things had gone wrong, but perhaps... something had gone right? Yhe couldn't explain it to herself yet, and a part of her realized that a lot of the future relied on Bast'ion alone. Yhe would do anything and everything for the sake of the cubs growing in her belly, and she wanted to be convinced that Bast'ion would do the same.

"Okay," she sucked in a soft, calming breath and turned to face Bast'ion. She sat down, her posture perfect despite the slight roundness of her belly. Her tail curled around her legs, and when her eyes fixed on them they were almost apprehensive. Now that she was here alone with him she struggled to find the words to say. She knew what needed to be said, but could not figure out how to say it.

"I am pregnant. They are your's... and I just needed to talk to you because I understand... if you don't want them. I know you have plenty of children already, and I know commitment isn't really your style. But, I want to ask for it. I want to ask you, Bast'ion, to help me raise our cubs." She raised one delicate paw, begging him for a moment of silence while she gathered her thoughts. This could probably come out all wrong if she was not careful. "I just want to know if you want to be invested in... this. Because, if you do, then I will do everything in my power to support you with our family. If you do not, I understand, and I will raise them with my own strength without your presence as a father."

She frowned, hoping that he would not mistake her words for unnecessary cruelty. Yhe was not trying to shove him away, rather she was trying to support him in whatever decision he made whether it benefited her or not.

Alpaca Chobi

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:47 pm
Krysin

"Yes."

The answer flew out of his maw before he even had time to think. There was a sparkle in his eyes and a glint in his heart that he hadn't felt in a long time. The cubs were his. The cubs were actually his and that was something that had him hold his breath and pray his seer powers would come back to him so he could see a wonderful future with Yhe and the cubs growing in her belly. Better yet, he wanted to live it.

Whoah. Whoah. Whoah. Slow down.

He took a deep breath and lowered his head looking away some.

"Y-yes. Of course. I-I ... Damn it." What was this he couldn't put it in to words. He wanted to say he was sorry and he was but there was a flood of other emotions. He was falling for Yhe and that wasn't something he was used to. He'd never been allowed to 'date' when he was preforming his Kirin duties. Any romance was out right forbidden so when he started to act out the first thing he did was lay with females as much as possible but he'd never felt what it was to fall for these females. Yhe had the added advantage to being there and holding him accountable.

"This is sooooo stupid.. I can't word it..." He growled mostly to him ********..." He roared, "I mean.. YES. YES OF COURSE. I can't .. I don't know why.. but I feel like its so important for me to... well.." He growled again to him self. His brain was having trouble processing like it was reawakening the gears of his soul.

"Yhe you trusted me with your name and the best I can do is prove that I am worth knowing it."  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:27 pm
She was surprised at first, honestly and genuinely surprised that he was interested in their cubs. Not only that, but that he was interested in her. For a moment all she could do was stare at him with a bewildered look upon her face. Yhe had suspected him to want little to do with her cubs. Furthermore, she thought he still felt as if she was some sort of trophy he had managed to collect. They had a moment together, yes, but she wasn't sure it would have had any lasting impact. She had begun to doubt that she could make him change for the better. Then, there he was, providing a glimmer of hope that she latched onto instantly for fear of losing sight of it.

A smile appeared on her face, gentle and relieved, her expression soft and tender. If he was willing to put forth the effort, she would to. Teaming up together, they'd be able to figure things out. Sure, things weren't perfect or ideal. In the back of her mind rang true the thought that she was just a thrall forced into a pride that did not hold her ideology and beliefs. But, despite all that... she could figure things out. Yhe had to, for the sake of her cubs and perhaps herself.

She wanted to raise them right - she wanted them to be good and kind despite the cruelties of the world.

"Okay," she breathed the word with a gentle chuckle, flashing upon a briefly coy smile. "We can do this, I know we can." She stepped up to him, and pressed her paw against his chest. "If you falter, I'll straighten you out," Yhe told him confidently.

He wasn't perfect, but neither was she. That was okay, too, so long as they tried to get better.

"Now, I may not look like it, but the cubs will be here soon." Yhe suspected there was not many of them, but that was fine with her. She couldn't imagine chasing after more cubs than she already did now. "And I want to be focused on them for a while, so you'll have to pardon me if it seems like I'm neglecting my regular... chores." Yhe spent a lot of time wrangling his children, but for the next few weeks she'd be very preoccupied with her own.

If Bast'ion didn't call in for back up, he was going to get a crash course in full time parenting. Sure, there was Zerrin and Rana around, but it usually took all three of them to keep things under control.

Alpaca Chobi

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:41 pm
Krysin

A real approving smile was something that Bast'ion was not used to seeing on Yhe's features. Usually he was doing something to disappoint her and while usually he said he didn't care; the truth was that he cared a great deal about what Yhe thought of him and his actions. This fact was something that he was only acutely aware of. So, seeing a real smile from Yhe was positive feedback that he so sorely needed. A faint, and little dopey, smile spread on his own maw with out him realizing it.

"I'll be counting on it," He gave her a nod. Oh, for sure he would falter at some point it was more of a question of how dumb or big the falter would be. Bast'ion was going to try to make sure his mistakes were as minor as possible but at the end of the day he was still him and with that came a great deal of damage. But, like Yhe said, the two of them could do this. With her by his side he'd have a conscious at the very least. One he'd listen too unlike Zerrin.

"How soon?" There was a look of concern on his features. "I .. I didn't realize you were this far along..." There was a little bit of panic because unlike the other litters, Bast'ion would be here for the birth. His first litter had been dumped by the cubs rogue mom. The second litter wasn't his but his daughters and he had not been there for the actual birth. The third litter was with another rogue which he missed the birth but circled back around to collect a few cubs to help the female out. And now this would be his forth litter and he wanted to man up and be there but there was something scary about that. There was an actual personal stake in this one because the mother was to be Yhe.

"Oh. OH. Of course of course. I'll.... be here..." There was an uncomfortable sound of anxiety in the way he said it but by the gods he meant it.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:53 pm
"I do not think there are many, otherwise I would be quite ungainly by now," Yhe mused aloud. She had no younger siblings, nor had she witnessed anyone give birth before. She wasn't sure how much longer she had until the cubs arrived, but she had a feeling the time was nearly upon her. The elegant lioness felt ready for their cubs now that she had spoken with Bast'ion. Now that she was sure of Bast'ion's support, she felt perhaps like motherhood would not be so terribly.

Sure, she was just a thrall and had been captured against her will, but she still hoped that she could find peace in her life. These cubs could very well be the answer to her grief, the light at the end of the tunnel. It was reassuring that she was no longer going to travel down that tunnel alone. How well they would fare in the future was a mystery, but for the first time in a long time... she was hopeful.

"You'll be fine," she reassured him with a gentle laugh after sensing how nervous he seemed. "I'm still here to help you, and you've got Zerrin and Rana. Both of them will be there to help you, so you aren't alone in this." It was so easy now to believe that he would be there for her and the cubs. He seemed so hopeful, even excited by the news. It made her think that her actions were perhaps not that much of a mistake at all.

Alpaca Chobi

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:09 pm
Krysin

"I see," He was partly relieved that the litter might be on the smaller size. It was true that as of now the family was a little on the larger side so maybe adding too many cubs was a bad idea. Well, a lot of the cubs weren't exactly his but his daughters but it didn't matter. Bast'ion was raising the lot as his own and that was what mattered.

Enough about that though.

"I won't ask anything of you while you're taking care of.." He gestured with a paw at her belly. There was something flushing pink on his cheeks. Even now, the kirin lion could feel the warm glow of pink perched on the white of his cheeks. Feeling vulnerable having his feelings show he looked away and shook his head to get the blood flowing more evenly. He was quick to look back at Yhe once he was sure the color was out of his cheeks but, to Bast'ions dismay, the color remained. Not that Bast'ion could tell this.

".. You're right we should be fine. Uh... I don't know how to do this with you though... Do you need me to .. bring you meals.. And ..." He looked up awkwardly feeling so stupid, "Do you need me to .. you know.. be there when you're giving birth. It seems .. dumb.. I MEAN.. it seems painful and like.. Uh... " He hated feeling for some one else. He cared about her and he hadn't cared in a long time.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 5:50 pm
Yhe honestly did not know what to expect with childbirth, and the idea of him being there to support her was almost embarrassing. She didn't expect it to be an entirely pleasant experience - after all she had to get these cubs out of her one way or another. Would he even want to be there for that? "Oh, I don't think so. I should be able to get my meals. The cubs would be in little danger here so it wouldn't be terrible to leave them alone while I go get some food." In the rogue lands, females had no choice but to leave their young behind to hunt.

She wanted to be pampered, but she was too strong-willed to allow herself to be. "I... don't know, honestly. I think it'll be pretty uncomfortable for me in general, and probably for you to witness?" Yhe was going to be a first time mother, and as such she had little idea of what to expect. She just didn't think... it would be sunshine and roses when she went into labor.

"Unless you really want to be there, I think I can do it on my own just fine. I'll let you know as soon as they arrive so that you can see them," she promised with a small smile. Silently, she was hoping for daughters. Bast'ion already had so many, but she wanted little girls to raise to be like herself. She suspected this pride could have a bad influence if she allowed it, and boys seemed to be harder to wrangle.

Alpaca Chobi

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:03 pm
Krysin

He was given an out and by all means the kirin lion was taking it. There was nothing personal against Yhe but he wasn't sure he could stand watching her go through so much pain and he wasn't sure he wouldn't resent the cubs for putting her in so much pain. While Bast'ion had never paid witness to a cub birthing in person he'd heard stories and they were scary. He was very much thankful to be a male.

"Alright. I'll wait for when they are born. I promise not to leave the pride in the mean time unless it is to go hunt. I'll .." What the hell was he saying right now, "I'll stay.. I'll be around."

This meant he might have to deal with some of his past but there were other ways to distract himself from that by keeping busy. For sure Bast'ion was going to drive his cubs insane by being around but it would be worth it if helped Yhe out.

"You're relieved of your duties for now of course. Don't worry about a thing."  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:56 pm
"I imagine if you left for any period of time you'd miss the birth, so that's wise," she told him with an amused smile. Secretly she could admit that the change in his behavior was adorable. He seemed excited and happy, and those emotions rubbed off so easily onto her. She wanted desperately to be that way too despite being in an environment that clearly did not suit her. Yhe was a fish out of water in the Stormborn.

"Thank you, Bast'ion," she told him honestly. Standing up, she stepped over to him to nudge her nose gently against his own. "Let's get back to the den before the cubs start to wonder where we went off to." It wasn't as if they had been gone that long, but Yhe was a natural worrier. She half-expected the brood to wander off without all hands on deck in keeping an eye on them.

Offering Bast'ion one last smile, Yhe walked past him and led the way back to his den.

Alpaca Chobi
I think this is a good place to wrap it! <3

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces