Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Numbweed and Messages (Seirath & Soui +Amra)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:47 pm
Of all the training that the two of them had taken part of together, by far the most stressful had been their first flight. Seirath was small, incredibly so even for a green at her stage of growth and her rider was just as tall as could be. Sometimes she wondered if they would ever be able to fly gracefully at all, but Amra had proven time and again that she was flexible and willing to do everything that she could to help the little green dragon do her best at every stage of the training. And she really was flexible, that had helped with flight.

Strapped in as they were flying over the bowl, the girl had slouched a bit in the straps and wrapped her legs fully around her smaller green, her dark hair blowing in the wind as it wasn't restrained yet by a helmet. They weren't fighting thread after all! Both of them had been given the express duty of dropping off a message with the healers, more specifically the newest of them to arrive at the Weyr, and it had seemed a great time to get in some practice flying. Between the last breath of cool spring air leaving and the warmth of the sun promising summer, it was finally time for them to buckle down and train even harder, for as Liat had promised, the worst was yet to come.

Between lessons started in just a few months and the two of them would need to be in perfect flying harmony before then, so hopefully the green grew just a bit more past her 18' she currently resided at. Amra had hopes.

Still though, despite the difference in height and the small green's dainty frame, they were able to take off and land without a single problem, she chalked that up to training and was more than a bit proud of the singing dragon for it. Seirath proved it even now as she slid smoothly onto the stones before the healers wing, her hind legs holding most of the force of her landing as she settled in smoothly and if they were both being honest, a bit smugly.

How was that my lady? I've been practicing making these easier on your legs since they hang down so far out of the straps. Seirath commented, giving a bell like trill by way of announcement for their arrival. Everything was bigger with this little green, from personality to her beautiful voice. The comment earned her a warm smile from her rider and a pair of hands that ran down the length of her thin neck gently, that alone was enough to please her as praise went, for she knew that her rider wasn't always the most forthcoming with it. Seirath had seen the room within her mind though, given access once she had gotten quite old enough to comprehend what it was, and she knew full well the depths of her dancing lady spy's love for her. In fact it made it all the more wonderful that she kept it all to herself most of the time, because she only need access that area to know how she felt.

"Why don't you relax for right now? I have to take this message in to the healers, not sure which one it's for. I think they said his name was Pem? Once I've found him I'll come back for you." Amra said smoothly, cupping the dragon's cheek and giving her a soft kiss on the nose as she did so. "We've been running all day long, you deserve a little break Seirath."

Eyes swirling a bright purple, Seirath watched as her rider disappeared inside and she set about exploring this area that was rather unknown to her. As far as she was aware her rider had only been here once or twice herself and only for Candidate duties, but otherwise the two of them had never been wounded and were in good health overall. Her steps were light as she wandered about, sniffing and peering to see if there were any that she might recognize in the ranks of those ill and wounded staying there. Hopefully none of her own siblings, but that remained to be seen.

Overpowering smells hit her sensitive nose, the strongest of which was numbweed that made her nose feel as though she had stuck it somewhere odd. Likely it was coming from those dragons and riders that fell while fighting Thread, the ultimate enemy that threatened Pern. Just thinking about it made her sad and a creeling tune pulled from the little green dragon as she sat knowing that one day her own siblings might fall victim to the spores that killed so many.

houllow

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:09 pm
"Phew." Soui sat herself down on a rock, pulling the mask off her face and letting it rest against her chin. The day had been long and hot, with the small healer having been tasked at helping to make the different salves. It was a hot and nasty job, one that often ended with whomever was working smelling exactly like the finished product. Raising her arm up, she sniffed at the skin and felt her nose and lip curl up in response. There was no way she was going to get all of this off in one bath, and that was even if they let her in the baths. If her skin and sweat reeked this badly, how did her hair smell? She didn't even want to sniff her clothing and run the risk of passing out, and so she simply leaned back a bit and let the cool air running through wash over.

Softly, slowly, the apprentice healer began to hum a tune. It was very off key and hardly in time to whatever she might have been thinking, but it was soothing none the less. From the bushes nearby came a tiny squeak, and a streak of bronze was soon at the teen's side and climbing up to her shoulders. With a laugh that stopped her song, Soui reached over and softly stroked her firelizard's head. "Remedy, I smell. You might want to stay away for a little while longer."

The bronze trilled that he did not care, snuggling up against his master with all the affection he could muster. Soui laughed again before relaxing, starting once more into the song she was humming earlier. Remedy decided to lend his skill to hers, thinking himself better, and soon the healer and the firelizard were weaving melodies together.

Hattaki

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:57 am
Still singing her sad creel, the thoughts of her lovely siblings, sisters and brothers all, fighting thread spurring her on. Sometimes Seirath wondered if Loreleth wasn't correct to worry as he did... but there was something else? Head lifting as she ceased her song, the green dragon tilted her freckled head and looked side to side, trying to understand what it was that she was hearing. It seemed to be two voices that melded together, beautiful and sad, wonderful and different.

Slowly, having learned from her lovely rider that she shouldn't rush towards new things unless she could completely grasp them imediately, the small green weyrling paced alongside the wall to her left and crept around the nearest corner. Eyes shifting to a curious blue/green when her head popped around it, she saw the little girl sitting on a large rock, a small fire lizard on her shoulder and their voices getting louder. It was beautiful in it's melody, off key and off kilter a bit with the tiny voice of the lizard and the louder one of the girl, but Seirath didn't care, she loved music of any kind and found all of it beautiful. Well, almost all of it, certainly there would be some in the future she might find to be less than beautiful, that hadn't yet happened though and this girl had an adorable voice that mixed really well with her fire lizard's.

Without a second thought she opened her muzzle slowly and twisted a ringing bell around the pair of them, letting it fill the air only slightly so that it filled in the gaps of any discordance that could be found in their melody. It was haunting, the way her voice lifted and seemed to echo all at once as someone were singing in an empty room and the loneliness and sadness there were pushed away. Every tune she turned came out smooth and certain, it wove a story with every song, or rather melody since it was hard for a dragon to be considered a 'singer' or so she'd been told. But it was a song to her and the expression in her voice carried the meaning to each one, each beautiful chance to tell a story and set a tone.

Wanting to step closer to them, but not wishing to intrude more than she already was with her own singing, the small green sat daintily on the ground and watched instead. It depended on if the girl wanted to be around a dragon, there were some that didn't and there were fire lizards that were even scared off by dragons, though she counted herself fortunate that her lady's fire lizards weren't afraid of her, well two of them at least. Anguish was afraid of everything that moved if it wasn't Amra, that she had come to accept as a very small hatchling. Whisper and Whirlwind were friendly with her and even would sit and cheep at her, singing in their own brilliant little voices each night before lights out.

No, if this child wanted to talk to her she would gladly, for she seemed quite adorable, but if she simply wanted to sing... Seirath was quite happy to add her voice if needed. Though she believed full well that her voice was always needed.

houllow

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:37 pm
"!!!!" There were two equal sounds of surprise, one human and one firelizard, as the original singing pair stopped to look at the dragon who'd joined them. Soui's eyes were wide at first, her face pale with nerves and shock, though she settled into a friendly smile over the green. The tiny firelizard snaked around her neck to get his own view, his tiny eyes whirling blue at the larger, pretty cousin.

"You have a lovely singing voice." Soui didn't really turn all the way, instead keeping it so she was glancing over her shoulder at the newcomer. "Do you want to come closer? I mean....I smell kind of bad, but if something like that doesn't bother you I can go over to you, or you can come over here. The breeze is really nice."

Remedy took off from Soui's shoulder and flew towards the pretty green cousin, his tiny body even smaller when compared to her. He chirped a few happy notes before turning them into a trill, all the while dancing. Was he attempting to show off for the lovely lady, or was he just happy to be singing?

Hattaki

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:30 pm
If I'm honest, My Lady taught me not to insult others in any way, but if I'm honest, you do have an odor about you. Certainly that's not your own though and simply scent of what you've been working with little singing one. Seirath offered her, rising from where she was sitting and letting her eyes swirl to a deep purple as she looked at the small bronze fire lizard. Amra didn't have a bronze, though certainly Whirlwind was bright enough to count in all the ways but what really mattered deep down, this little bronze was quite the dancer though and it gave her a wave of enjoyment to watch him, a wave that she sent respectfully in his direction by way of thanks. This is a beautiful gentleman that you have here, quite the singing voice and his moves are simply divine.

It wasn't entirely wrong to flirt with a fire lizard, it wasn't as if there were anything to be done for it, he really was a beauty and honestly it wasn't exactly flirting so much as enjoying the show that he was putting on. Any girl that had a fire lizard with such style was good in her book, not to mention that she was a girl that would grow into a lady. That put her strides before any man that might come across the little singing green.

Giving a singing trill that melded in with the small lizard's own, Seirath moved slowly, not wanting him to think that she was leaving him as she tried to guide him back to his bonded darling. Her own haunting voice twisted in the air and she cast it with the intent to call the small bronze towards her, a trick that her lady had taught her though she was only just trying it now. Apparently Amra had heard it first used at her crafthall and knew that it could be used for other things, but Seirath had no use for secretes and any craft, she simply would use it to her own devices as she saw fit. As her steps kept along slowly she kept singing and eventually came to rest beside the small girl, even smaller than she herself was.

Regarding her through a pair of slowly blue tinged eyes, the little green dragon ceased her song and traced the girl's face and small appearance into her memory, or at least into Amra's so that her lady could better use it later. That room that she'd recently gained access into was rather lovely in it's own overwhelming way, but then she had never once planned to have a dragon poking around in there so it was likely new ground for both of them then.

What has you out here all alone in the breeze, though it is lovely. You smell of the healers wing yourself, are you a small healer then? To say that Seirath was curious was an understatement, for the small girl couldn't have been any older than Amra was, certainly not. Maybe she was a very small prodigy for her to be a journeyman healer, she certainly smelled as though she knew what she was doing around numbweed and medicine. I do hope that I'm not interrupting overmuch, my apologies if you wished to be alone right now, but your song was too beautiful to simply ignore.

houllow

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:38 pm
Soui laughed at the polite words of the dragon, though she did her best not to be rude about it. "It's really okay to just say I stink. It's not rude to tell the truth, and if someone admits it first it's okay to agree with it. That's a type of honesty too and nothing to be ashamed of." The teen raised her hand to her face and sniffed again, the smell not nearly as powerful to her. She'd likely go noseblind to all of it as the Turns went by, which could become a problem if she wasn't careful.

Remedy kept up his little song and dance, happy to have the green cousin join him. He ended when she ended, his little trill coming to a sharp stop as he darted back over onto Soui's shoulder. He received a few strokes on his head and a kiss of affection, prompting the little eyes to pop purple for the briefest of moments before he rubbed against the underside of her chin. If she did smell, Remedy certainly didn't mind.

"You're not really interrupting anything, and yes I'm a healer. Well, a healer in training. I want to become a better healer and maybe even a Master one day." It was good to have goals, right? There was also the underlying goal of her perhaps becoming a rider....one day. She loved the bond between Tsuyat and Yudueth, and between all other pairs, and of course the bond she had with Remedy showed her a bit, but. Maybe one day she could try to stand at a hatching. Maybe one day she could say she was a proper candidate, and see what happened from there. For now? She was working towards being a healer. "We're making medicines today, so that's why I'm out here for now. Hopefully the breeze clears my nose before I go back in."

Hattaki

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:59 pm
Dipping her head and letting her eyes dance between a rainbow of embarrassed colors, Seirath bumped her nose to one of her claws and gave a noise that came out like bells. She used to bubble over with excitement and express it in many ways that really could have been annoying given the correct circumstances. All of this had begun to click with her once she had been given access to her rider's mental 'room' and seen the images and heard the words that her rider and the then two fire lizards she had trained gleaned from everyone around them. It had been a bit of a sobering experience to say the least, but she also found access to the love that poured out of her rider at all times, even though she could feel most of it.

It's rude to be so indelicate with a lady of any type or age, no matter if they admit it themselves or not. There was a smile in Seirath's eyes as she spoke and the little green reached out to sniff at the small healer before her. You smell like something that heals, numbweed? It goes hand in hand with healers so it's not a truly terrible smell as it means you were working hard to help another, any that tell you otherwise would be foolish. You look as though you work very hard and should be proud of it, I believe you'll go far if you wish to.

Due to her own training regiment with her rider Seirath knew what hard work was, she spent many a day trying to get a leg up on her larger and more skilled siblings after all. It was more of a habit that she formed thanks to her rider's own need to be the best that there was, not just at being a rider but in general as Amra always strove to be the best and it reflected in how hard she worked and how deeply she loved her dragon. In fact the small green's well oiled hide showed that level of care and love, so it was the very least that she could do to give it her all in return.

Tilting her head a bit at the look that spread over the little girl's face, she perked up a bit, Is he your first fire lizard?

houllow

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 3:15 pm
"I'm not a lady though, I'm just Soui." Soui grinned, a huge toothy smile that caused the corners of her eyes to crinkle in merriment. Remedy cheeped at her side to echo the sentiment, his own eyes closed in a firelizard-equal to a smile. His nuzzling continued against Soui's chin as the pair listened to the beautiful voice of the green dragon, and the little firelizard sent happy thoughts and images to his master to add to the tones. "And yup, Remedy is my first firelizard. My cousin and I found the nest with him and his brother in it."

The teen moved her hands so she could pull Remedy off her shoulder and hold him out. The bronze practically melted in her hands, going limp in a silly game the pair had come up with over the short sevendays they'd been together. "I technically wasn't allowed to ever have a firelizard, but Tsuyat said it would be okay and that I was capable of providing love for him." Naturally, her cousin had proved to be correct as the bond between girl and lizard was quite strong and loving. "I named him Remedy, because he's....a cure...for loneliness...."

Soui's cheeks turned red as she admitted why she chose the name, apart from how it worked well with the healer field. She'd been so aware that she couldn't always be with her cousin and her twin, but having Remedy with her and the memories of that day would be strong enough to carry through hard times. "But, um, enough about me. What's your name? Where's your rider?"

Hattaki

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:40 am
Through eyes that swirled a brilliant yellow color came her concern, but she let that wash over her for now and turned them back to the correct color for her purpose in speaking to the girl before her now. Certainly she was no 'just', there was no person that was a 'just' anything and most assuredly none female that could claim such an adverb as that. Between her large smile and that adorable fire lizard that she had bonded with this girl seemed to be wonderful in her own sweet way and Seirath just was not going to have any wonderful girl speak of herself that way.

Well, 'just' Soui, surely such a beautiful gentleman of a fire lizard would not have bonded with anyone that describes themselves so, he would have picked only the best and there you were just for him. Her head reached down slowly and gently to nuzzle at the little girl's shoulder, offering a trilling noise as she did so that came out smoothly as if to emphasize her statement. Remedy is certainly a fine name for one that cares so much as this little one and he would appear to live up to his name, your cousin was correct. Look at all the love you two share, it would be foolish to not allow that to grow and exist in the first place and I'm sure he loves his lady dearly.

Loneliness, sadness, and pain existed in the world in droves, of that she was well aware having grown loving her wonderful blue brother Loreleth so. All the same it was so sad to see it through the eyes of a child that was just barely of candidate age, who seemed to work so hard just based off of her smell alone. No one could smell that strongly of numbweed and not been absolutely coated in it thanks to work, so clearly she was a hard worker, did that have to do with her loneliness? What could cause such a small child to be so lonely?

She would have to ask Amra later when she was in the right frame of mind to access memories that could help answer that question.

While the flash of her eyes and the gentle way she nosed her once more before pulling back indicated how much she wished to hear more about Soui herself, Seirath gracefully bowed her head before the girl. My name is Seirath and it's an honor to meet such a cute lady Soui. My own Lady is Amra and she and I were sent to drop off a message for a healer... who's name escapes me currently. I know it was important though since she's been spending such a long time in there when she could be out here having such a wonderful conversation. Part of that was actually sent to her rider within the healers barracks who really was taking such an extended time handing a rolled up message to one person. While the green would have liked to relax she was having a good time and she wanted her rider to be out here enjoying it with her, to introduce her to the small girl she had met. You two would get along very well with the mature tone to your voice, she has much the same! That might have been one of the reasons that she was warming up so well to the girl but it wasn't the only reason of course.

houllow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:39 pm
"You think I'm mature? I've just been told I'm too serious and need to learn to lighten up." Soui had listened to the grace and dialogue of the green dragon, all the while marveling at her tone of voice and just how well she spoke. It was always breathtaking to hear the different tones of each dragon, how they carried themselves in a voice that only their most intimates were allowed to hear. The fact so many here were open to talking to strangers never ceased to amaze her, since all the stories she'd heard back at the hall was of dragons being tight-lipped (figuratively) to anyone outside of their rider. "I like how I am though, just or not. I don't want to change because people tell me to, or anything like that." Soui probably wasn't saying anything that related to the conversation, but sometimes she just babbled as it was.

"Also if you're talking about healers, maybe my uncle Pem? He's really the only one in there at the moment, I think Veena is out on errands?" Her uncle was a journeyman and that made her proud, but Veena was the Masterhealer and therefore held more sway and respect from both the Weyr and all of their peers. Soui was quite fond of her, as her tone implied, though the feelings towards her uncle were far more complicated. It was because of him that she was outside like this, holding soft court with a firelizard that wasn't allowed to be near her. "If she's in there talking to him, it might be a while. Pem isn't exactly the most...affable of people, so I'm sorry if she comes out grumpy."

The teen loved her uncle, really, but sometimes taking a step back and seeing him from the view of others colored her affections.

Hattaki

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:34 am
Oh certainly, there exists a fine line between maturity and just being too serious, you have humor in you and a beautiful laugh. Whoever insisted upon telling you to lighten up deserves a good laughing at themselves, but that doesn't give one the right to look down upon themselves so harshly as to simply refer to themselves in 'just' standards. That doesn't seem very just at all! a gentle tone edged into Seirath's voice for the small girl and her even smaller bronze fire lizard who'd gone all limp in her hands not long before. If Amra had referred to herself as 'just' anything the small green wouldn't have even thought of picking her out of all those on the sands, as there had been those that had touched her shell and shown her more. Where was her lady, she was much better at this sort of thing than the freckled green was proving to be. You're correct in keeping your own self true, that's the only way that you can hope to live life fully, or find a dragon that will match you so well as some of my siblings match their own riders.

"Just because she's young doesn't mean that she's a Candidate, you silly thing you." Came a deep voice from behind Seirath's form, a hand sliding gracefully from her dark hip and up to rest just behind her jaw, one finger tapping at a light freckle playfully. "Is this little beauty assuming things out here? I apologize." Between her towering height and dark skin Amra tended to intimidate others upon meeting them, so she made certain to temper her voice towards gentle despite what she was used to and her half lidded icy gray eyes seared the young girl's face into her memory quickly.

Well I would never! I was simply telling her that she is more than simply 'just' Soui, such a hard working and beautiful little lady simply cannot define herself in such a loose way, it's heartbreaking. a gasping feign of insult tinged Seirath's voice as she spoke to both the humans before and beside her, but she also gave off a non-descript feeling of calm in waves that were mostly directed towards the younger girl as she was well aware of her own rider's concerns when dealing with others. "Were you now? Well if she is a Candidate I'm certain that Master A'ral would have told her all the ways to stay true to herself by now, but I know there's none better at convincing people than you, dear love."Amra offered to her dragon and kissed one of her headknobs, one of the closest things to her as Seirath hadn't grown quite tall enough to stand above the woman's height, if she ever would. "So that was your uncle that I met, Pem? He is a character that one, I wanted to put something in his hand but...."

Instantly Seirath gave off a trilling laugh and bumped her head against Amra's chest lightly. That was what kept you? You should have listened to him or just set it down then, here I've been enjoying this little singer's company all alone when you would have thought her lovely. That earned the dragon a chuckle, one from the back of a throat that was deep and relaxed. Ït's best not to go against what the weyrlingmaster directs, you remember what happened the last time you tried something, yes?"

houllow

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff