Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Wonders are waiting to start (Miche, Jailla, Soui) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:10 pm
“If you aren’t clean now, I don’t know what clean is,” Jailla declared, backing away from the surf. She was grinning at her dragon, allowing the brush to drop to the sand. The blue practically shone in the sun, his brightly colored hide shimmering with wet. He shook slightly, snorting with amusement.

If being wet equates to being clean, then you’re just as clean as I am, the blue observes. His rider was soaked, despite obvious attempt to tie her trousers up at the knee. Jailla looked down at herself.

“You’re right,” she laughed. “Ph’ton would be impressed. I’m becoming just as clumsy as he is.”  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 6:53 pm
It was important for Soui to keep on task and on schedule, but neither of those things seemed to be applying to the apprentice healer on this particular day. Already long late for her lessons with her uncle and far too early to sneak in anywhere else, the teen settled for hiding on the beach for the rest of the day. She'd make up an excuse if needs be and so she hid herself behind some trees, watching people interact on the sands.

Thaliawen

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:04 pm
If you insist on making friends, there’s one, Miche had grown used to Jailla’s desire to befriend others, though she still had some trouble with building the confidence to talk to them.

Jailla turned to see where the blue was looking. She waved to Soui. “Hey there!” She called. She’d never seen her before—was she a candidate? “Micheth says you’re welcome to join us!” At least, he’d seemed to imply it.

Mine, the best policy with friendship is honesty.

“The best policy is not being a killjoy.”  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:32 pm
Having been spotted, Soui almost felt thankful that she now had her excuse. She'd been stopped by a rider, she'd say, and was there talking with them about important things. It....it was more of the truth than an excuse, really, and she'd still apologize later for causing problems, but for now? For now she walked over to the pair, casually bobbing her head in greeting.

"Sorry for somewhat hiding. I'm avoiding doing work."

Thaliawen

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:00 pm
“Avoiding work is one of the best parts of being a candidate, till you get caught,” Jailla said, playfully. She gave the girl a smile. “It’s okay, I won’t tell,” she added. “My boyfriend and I used to avoid work to look at stars.” Now they couldn’t, they had two big blue giveaways following behind them.

Mine, I’ll you know that I’m perfectly capable of being stealthy.

“I wouldn’t ask you to, Miche. Oh, I’m Jailla,” she added, looking to Soui and giving her a smile.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:01 pm
"Oh, I'm not a candidate though. I'm a healer." Technically Soui was a healer's apprentice, and a junior one at that, but did she really need to go into all the technical detail? It wasn't as though she was trying to help someone and needed to clarify her abilities, more like she was just letting someone know she wasn't a candidate. "Plus, I think I'm too young to be one."

Soui didn't really know how old someone had to be and she wasn't about to ask just yet. There was always a chance she was going to be taken back to Healer Hall and thus she didn't need to focus too much on life in Western. "I'm Soui, it's nice to meet...the two of you?" The dragon hadn't been introduced nor had he spoken to her, which she felt was supposed to be the normal. Maybe she'd always just gotten lucky when dealing with chatty dragons.

Thaliawen

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 3:19 pm
Oh, no? Soui didn’t look much younger than fourteen. “Oh! You must be an apprentice then,” she said, and gave a smile. “What are you studying? I was a Starcraft apprentice until I was Searched. Will you be fourteen soon?”

It’s nice to meet you too, Micheth said, directly to Soui.

“Micheth must like you. He’s not always the most talkative dragon. He’s been teasing me, though, that’s progress.”  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:49 pm
"I'm learning to be a healer. I was born in Healer Hall, my parents and grandparents as far back as I can remember are all healers." It sort of made it sound as though Soui had no choice but to follow and become one as well, though in truth she absolutely loved being a healer.

When a voice flooded her mind, she didn't even skip a beat before looking at the dragon. "Super nice to meet you too, and glad to know you must like me. I love all dragons, and I love hearing their voices." Each voice had its own tone, its own flavor, and she greatly enjoyed each new sensation.

Thaliawen

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:08 am
"Oh, you must know a lot about your craft then, with your family so deep in it," Jailla smiled. "My family are crafters, too. I fell in love with the stars, I haven't had time to continue my studies, though, since I was Searched." And she'd had even less time since she'd Impressed.

It's good to love dragons, Micheth said, agreeably. Mine often insists I join in games with others, would you like to... There was a hesitation from the normally quiet dragon. Play with me?  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:04 pm
"I want to maybe be a candidate one day, but....I don't even know how that works, and I certainly haven't been searched." While her cousin had spoken about introducing her to the Candidatemaster, and while she'd been there to watch a hatching, Soui could hardly consider herself even remotely candidate material. She didn't seem to have the flair that most did, whatever it was that would attract a dragon.

Speaking of dragons, the blue spoke again and she turned to him with a smile. "I don't mind playing with you at all, if you're done with whatever needs done? I don't want to interrupt you in the middle of a task."

Thaliawen

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 12:46 pm
Oh. "Well, maybe you will be. I know there's a goldrider who searches candidates. And there's others, I don't know all of them. A bluerider searched me." Jailla gave Soui a smile and a shrug. "I don't know what search dragons see in people, so I can't say much about them, but they choose a lot of people and we're all different." So what was it? What did candidates have in common? Or did they have anything in common?

Yes! We are done with everything that needs done, Micheth said, watching the girl. I don't know many games, he admitted. What do you want to play?  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:28 pm
"I think I might not even be allowed to say yes, if I was searched. I wasn't brought to the Weyr with the intent of me becoming a candidate." Soui's voice was soft and a little sad, though she pressed it away as the dragon continued to speak with her. "Um....something all three of us could play is hide and seek? Or tag, maybe?"

Tag with a larger dragon was certainly going to be interesting, as she'd barely been able to keep up with the much smaller Baihath.

Thaliawen

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:35 am
“They can’t stop you from being Searched,” Jailla assures Soui with a smile. “Dragonriders are super persuasive, especially when their dragons are saying you’re a bundle of opportunity.

“We could play hide n seek,” she said. “I don’t know how well Micheth will be at tag,” she turned and grinned at her dragon. “He’s a slow mover.”

Am not. I’ll play tag!

“He says tag.”  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:50 pm
"Tag works for me then! Who....would like to be it?" Honestly no one ever volunteered themselves to be it in a game of tag, but if it made things easier for everyone she didn't mind. If Soui could keep up with a tiny and energetic white she certainly could catch a much larger blue. "I can be, if it's okay? I'll count to ten and then start chasing."

Thaliawen

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:09 pm
Jailla smiled at the offer. She’d doubted Micheth would agree to bring it. While he wasn’t as determined as his brothers, he didn’t seem to like the idea of losing. “Sounds good,” she agreed.

Micheth waited for the girl to start counting before taking off. Come catch me!  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff