Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:53 pm
Name: Zhebelia
Stage: Prentice
Race: Fire

3 Base Traits: Witty // Driven // Zealous
Strengths: Patient // Observant // Compassionate
Flaws: Stubborn // Trust Issues // Opinionated

Personality: Wise beyond her years, Zhebelia would rather sit and observe than be in on the action, but she knows how to put on an act. Due to her upbringing and lifestyle, she has had people say that she has multiple-personality disorder. (this fact I actually found out while looking up 'personality of prostitute/brothel worker'...)

Description: Is 18 years old. Well endowed with a tapered waist/hour glass figure, and long & lean-muscled legs. She has medium tan skin, pink eyes, and long blood red hair like THIS (not as elaborate; that can happen as she goes up in stages). Her crystals are on her stomach, front & back of shoulders, collarbone/upper chest, and along her brow ridge like This

Clothing: Hard describe, but like this Outfit. No straps
Accessories: Any jewelry she has are made of gold. She has a simple arm band on her left upper arm, bangles on both wrists, simple anklets on both feet, and simple but thick gold choker necklace

History: Raised in a Dance House by her mother and other workers, she has no idea who her father is. As a little girl, she would bring home injured little critters and nurse them back to health. Growing up in the Dance House, it was encouraged that she would work her way up from a dancer and server to a private entertainer when she reached the age of 19, even though her mother originally wanted her to be able to live a life outside the Desert Rose. Although she has accepted her fate to work there like her mother (and has come to like the idea), she also dreams of being a healer.

Family
Zhena: A second-generation worker at the Desert Rose, Zhebelia's mother knows nothing of what it's like living outside the Dance House. With her youthful looks and impressive figure, Zhena is one the most successful workers in the Desert Rose, earning her certain perks like giving her children an education outside the Dance House. Seductive in nature, Zhena taught her daughter how to put on a show, and she cares very much for her children and hopes to give them a better life than her mother gave her.
Miria: Born when Zhebelia was seven, she was born with her umbilical cord wrapped around her neck, crushing her vocal chords and partial blindness in her right eye. For obvious reasons, Miria was not suitable for working in the Desert Rose, so Zhebelia and her mother encouraged her to chase her passions, which happened to be ceramics & pottery. Shy in nature, she relies on her big sister to speak to people for her, especially when she goes to sell her wares at the marketplace. She also works in the Dance House’s kitchen, wanting to stay close to her mom and sister.
Azhira: A fellow worker at the Desert Rose, she helped raise Zhebelia.
Unknown Uncle: Spirited away from the Dance House when Zhena was six, Zhebelia is uncertain of the identity and fate of her mysterious uncle. The only things about him that her mother told her was that the candles flared whenever he cried, had dark red, almost black, hair and had gems on his brow ridge very much like Zhebelia.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:15 am
Rua the Raven

Alright so to start off we'd like to get some clarifications on aspects of this quest.

For her personality you say that she has multiple-personality disorder? Do you mean that she actually suffers from the mental disorder or perhaps its more that she's good at covering up her true personality in layers / masks / acting for those that visit her? Basically she adapts to whoever she is speaking with to please them more rather than to risk upsetting anyone with who she truly is?

Is that more what you are implying?

Also, on the note of brothels - Oban society is more discreet with such houses and they are typically called Dance Houses. ((Kinda like Geisha houses where people come in for entertainment but you can kinda infer that the workers also do other things besides dancing / serving food & drink / playing music for customers)). So for the history to fit within Oban society it would be more appropriate to call it a Dance House. ^.^

Because of your hints about healing we also wanted to ask about her future plans. Do you intend for her to actually leave the Dance House to instead become a healer? <3

Personality wise does she ever struggle with putting on a mask before customers? I see that you have opinionated there but sometimes does she have to stifle down her own thoughts / ideals or has she slipped up before, especially when she is also stubborn and may not relent on certain issues?

You also say that she is driven. What drives her? If she's so driven why accept her fate to work at the Dance House when she does wish to become a healer? Was she more stubborn about it in the past and did something happen to change her mind that made her accept her mother's plans for her?  

Suhuba
Captain

Rua the Raven

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:53 am
Suhuba

1. The mask aspect. Sorry if I didn't make that more obvious.

2. Oooh...I didn't realize that there weren't really brothels. Do I go back to the post to change the word 'brothel' with 'Dance House'?

3. When she hasn't been helping serve food and dancing, she would take lessons in healing. She hasn't realized yet that she could be the house healer for the Desert Rose. She'll leave for a little bit to continue her studies, but then come back once she realizes that she can be a healer and work at the Dance House.

4. She's pretty much mastered the art of putting on a mask. So far, she has only served food and danced. At the Desert Rose, customers are prohibited from making any moves/acting physical with the servers and dancers. She's been taking lessons from the older women on how to act. On the job, her mask is on, but off the job she can act how she is. She has slipped up when she was younger, but luckily its always been with her teachers. She was the one to argue with the Matron and force the issue of not letting her sister do any physical interactions with the customers, and she stuck with her argument until the Matron realized that everyone there whole-heartedly agreed with Zhebelia.

5. I hate it when I word it wrong...I wouldn't really say 'accept her fate'...she loves her lifestyle and loves working there. She was quite stubborn about it when she was little, but when her little sister was born and they realized her handicap, she realized that if she didn't work in the Dance House in THAT aspect in the future, then the Matron would force Miria to do it when she was old enough to. She is driven to ensure that Miria does not have to do that work, which Zhebelia is sure will kill her sister. She would do anything to protect her sister.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:49 pm
Rua the Raven

Sorry for the delay! Here's a few final questions / thoughts...

1. Not a problem! Thanks for clarifying. smile

2. It would be appreciated. <3

3. Mk. Do you ever see her traveling outside of Oba or would she be more inclined to stay within her own country?

4. Gotcha. Do you think the mask will ever be a problem for her? That she'll ever feel like she has to choose between using the mask or being true to herself one day?

5. I can tell that she's definitely very family oriented - is she willing to sacrifice anything for her sister or is there ever a limit? ((Just curious, this could even be a good growth point one day~))

Some new questions -

How does she view herself as an Oban? Is she proud of her country and biased against the other races? Obans are typically very proud and in the past even had ideals of being the dominant country. Before their loss in the Oban war they also had the Matori enslaved and even though now that they Matori are free many still hold them as lowly. How does she view Matori? Are they equals in her eyes for example or is she neutral or biased against them?

In general how does she view any non-Oban? Is she interested in the outside world or does she prefer the beauty of her own home?

How would she act towards hybrids? For example, is she like others who frown upon them or does she accept them as who they are?

She is interested in healing and obviously is very busy with work but does she have any other hobbies or interests?  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Rua the Raven

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:19 pm
Sabra Knight

Okay, replaced the word ‘brothel’ with ‘Dance House’

For now, I do not see her traveling outside of Oba. That MIGHT change once I begin rp’ing with her and her story develops more.

The Mask is never a problem for her. She’s only wearing it when she’s working; outside of that, her personality is truely her own.

That...is a tough question. She’s taken punishments meant for Miria, but....hmm...I guess this would make a good growth point in her life down the road.

Who doesn’t have a sense of national pride? She’s proud of what she is, but she is not biased at all towards the other races. At the Desert Rose, there is no discrimination of one’s race, station/work or sexuality. As long as they are able to pay what they came for and act in a civilized manner, that is all the Desert Rose cares about.

Zhebelia is somewhat curious about the outside world, but she so far does not have any interest in venturing into the unknown.

I probably should have mentioned this in my first post, but I’m planning on Miria being a hybrid. Can’t decide between Fire/Wind, Fire/Water or Fire/Leaf...so no, Zhebelia is not one to frown at hybrids. There are also hybrids that work at the Desert Rose, so she is quite accepting of them.

Zhebelia likes collecting feathers. The colorful they are, the better. She also likes to read, paint (mainly on Miria’s potteries) and stargaze whenever she has the chance to.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:38 pm
Rua the Raven

Alright! Now that we've covered most of the big things, can you expand upon/update her personality? You have quite a few traits listed, can you expand each one (or most) and how they interact with her current profession? ^.^

If you can do this and update the entire quest with this other info/clarification, Zhebelia should be ready for approval after this final round!  

Suhuba
Captain

◈ Character Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces