Penjaga was seeing things. A rabbit, maybe? He wasn’t sure. He kept squinting in the distance, looking for it, as he slowly slumped to the ground. Unknowingly to the hallucinating lion, his father was casting an amused look at his son. Halia gave Suspiro a look of disapproval before shaking her head.

Lijen was still sorting through what he had been told, confused. How could he be apart of anything? He wasn’t there for any particular reason and was only staying because of… because of… well, damn. He had forgotten about the pretty leopardess and her missing necklace. He sighed, shaking his head. He will have to find her later and apologize for the delay.

Placing that worry aside, he settled Halia with a look. ”It’s important. Do you know why it’s important? Anything else you can tell us?” he asked with a frown that only deepened when Halia shook her head.

Suspiro decided to add on his own questions. ”Are you sure we aren’t included? It couldn’t have just been coincidence that Penjaga ran into us,” he pointed out, looking at the younger male who was currently laying on the ground, eyes hooded.

”Did you poison me?” he practically slurred, uncertain. He frowned, nose wrinkling. Penjaga was certain he was in a worse state than Lijen and his father. And he had just a little. Why weren’t they seeing a rabbit and unable to find the will to stand up? Lijen just laughed, shaking his head.

Halia’s eyes were lighting up, however, things clicking. Perhaps Suspiro and Penjaga weren’t part of the vision after all. With how her son was reacting to the iboga, it was safe to say that someone had to take Penjaga to a rent den. And that someone would be her mate. Perfect. She opened her mouth to suggest such that when a group caught her eye. Three females and a male. Her heart hammered. She examined the brown lioness, the dragon. It was strange that term came to mind when she looked at her. She looked nothing like a dragon. The leopardess was obvious, even without the ability confirming who it was. The demon was the dark female and Halia wondered about that. She was a historian and heard of the gruesome pride that referred to themselves as demons. Dark pelts were valued. Those with light pelts were enslaved. It went by a different name now, though she wasn’t sure what it was. And apparently, there was changes, including their treatment towards their slaves. Her eyes flittered to the male, the slave. Which made sense, if he was with the demon. The light pelt would also classify him as one. Curious.

She continued to stare as the conversation between Lijen and her mate continued. The slave looked up, looking for something. When he saw her watching, he glared. She didn’t drop her gaze, heart still hammering. She needed to get to them.

”Halia,” Suspiro said again. Halia broke her gaze with the slave, finally seeing the looks of concern in her mate’s eyes, the careful calculations in Lijen’s. She moved over to Penjaga, running a paw over the top of his mane. A smile came to her mouth at the nostalgia. Penjaga was no longer a cub who came to tell on want Cinta had done to Sorra this time. Her children had gotten so big in the blink of an eye.

Penjaga tilted his head to look at her before his eyes fluttered closed, comforted by his mother’s touch. Usually, he would have minded, being treated in such a way when he was now an independent adult and a doctor. But now, with the influence of the drug, it was soothing. The rabbit had stopped taunting him, disappearing, and his muscles just felt relaxed.

”I didn’t hear. What did you say?” she asked Suspiro, looking up from her son. Lijen was now looking over the crowd, probably trying to workout what had gained her full attention.

”I was asking if the vision had any danger in it,” he repeated, ears flittering worriedly. Halia hesitated. She didn’t want to concern her mate. And she needed Suspiro to take Penjaga somewhere to recover. But she didn’t like lying to her mate, either.

”It didn’t show me anything dangerous,” she decided to say and he nodded in relief. Guilt stabbed at her. She didn’t quite lie. She didn’t see anything dangerous in the dream. But there was a sense of… a bad situation. But a worse situation if they didn’t meet up.

”Who were you looking at?” Lijen finally asked, obviously unable to puzzle out who or what she saw. He did see a familiar face, however. Munyu Misodzi, the damsel in distress leopardess with the missing necklace. He would have to excuse himself for a few minutes to go speak to her. He was more curious about the seer’s tone and choice of words when answering Suspiro.

Halia had a considering look on her face again, contemplating whether or not to tell them before deciding that she may as well. With conditions. ”The dragon, the demon, the slave, and the leopardess are here,” she said decidedly. Lijen’s eyes widened and Suspiro looked around, as though he could place them. ”By the tree. Don’t stare too hard, the slave had noticed me watching. I don’t want them spooked,” she added.

Lijen’s breath was nearly out of his lungs. He was stunned. So, the leopardess of Halia’s vision had been Munyu. ”I’ve met one of them,” he breathed. Coincidence? He couldn’t be sure. Halia’s sharp look and studying stare told him that she wasn’t quite convinced it was a coincidence, either.

Halia straightened all of a sudden. ”I’m going to greet them. I’m afraid the slave will suggest changing their location and I can’t risk…” she trailed off before looking at Penjaga and then Suspiro. ”Love, I think you should take our son to a den to rest and recover… he shouldn’t be walking about and he’s not used to the drug,” she told her.

Suspiro opened his mouth to protest before deciding against it. The drug would wear off in an hour, at most. Penjaga’s portion on the banana leaf looked barely touched. Smart of his son to not devour the entire thing without being told. ”I’ll take him. But don’t expect me waiting at the den like a good mate,” he told her with a cheeky grin.

Lijen noticed the pained smile she gave Suspiro in return. Penjaga was roused. ”What’s happening?” he asked, blinking blearily with a small smile. ”Can’t we stay a bit longer? I’m just so comfortable…” he murmured. With a laugh from his father, Penjaga was helped to their feet. They head towards the tree before pausing. It was time to part ways.

Suspiro hesitated before pressing his nose to Halia’s. ”Be safe, my love,” he murmured. He wondered what that look was that crossed her expression. She looked like she was aching in pain. But she returned his affection and parted ways, walking with Lijen the rest of the way to the tree. Suspiro stared until he noticed his son about to slump to the ground again. He laughed. ”Oh no you don’t,” he said cheerfully, nudging his high son up to his feet again and shepherding him towards where he saw some rental dens.

w.c.: 1,225