They had moved from the lake. It was… odd. The Suau family and him. He didn’t want a family, really. He didn’t need one. He liked to love them and leave them. And this family… it was odd. There was love among them, sure. But… there was something else and in Lijen’s infinite wisdom and knowledge of people, he just couldn’t place it.

So, they have moved towards the main part of town, despite it being noisier. Lijen had insisted on going into town to try some of the iboga that came from a different pride. Suzat, he thought it was called. He would have to visit there to try it from the source. Suspiro had been completely on board with this, chattering about he had the luck of trying it once. Halia had been a bit skeptical, especially since she felt they still had a mission to complete and still bothered by her lack of vision pertaining to her family. Penjaga had been curious about whether there was any medicinal properties and hesitantly agreed, though he wasn’t too fond of going into the bustle again.

Soon, however, they arrived near a rather odd den. It was… a den, as far as Halia could tell. Except, the front had thin bits of wood sticking out of the ground, holding up large banana leaves that looked to be replaced fairly frequently. It gave a sort of canopy for all those who sat there. Vervets darted in and out of the den with smaller leaves filled with green stuff. Well, not quite filled. It looked like quite a small portion. The… customers… were all milling about at the front, lounging around, laughing or snoozing. They found a spot near a rock that looked pushed, Lijen taking up the top of it while the rest of the family sat around it.

Lijen immediately laid down, appreciating the warmth from the rock on his belly, before grinning a toothy smile at the vervet. He yanked off his pouch and pried it open with his teeth before snuffing around inside, before he came out with a pretty necklace full of gems that would probably cover the charge for all four of them. When the vervet shook their head and explained the prices raised, Lijen muttered something about cutthroats and fished out a ring that looked inlaid with sapphires.

Suspiro blinked, head tilting. Those were valuable here? Their pride had plenty of gems and minerals. But, he wisely kept his mouth shut as Lijen handed over the currency. The monkey ran away and into the den, probably to stash the jewels and bring the product.

Halia cleared her throat, gathering the attention of the three males. She opened her mouth but Lijen quickly cut her off, throwing her offbeat.

”You’ve introduced your son and mate, but I don’t think I quite know your name,” he practically purred, eyes hooded. Suspiro couldn’t help but bristle a bit, giving the green lion a wary look. The merchant knew that Halia was mated. So why did he have to have… that tone. It caused his stomach to flip anxiously.

Penjaga was also surprised at the tone but instead, glared. It was his mother and the fellow had better show some respects. Apparently, however, Halia didn’t seem affected by any of that.

”I am Halia Suau,” she breezed, with a tinge of annoyance in her voice. At being purred at or interrupted? Lijen couldn’t tell but he grinned wider. It was interesting to see the reaction of all three. Halia didn’t seem… surprised.

”So tell me, Halia. If you’re a married woman, why ask another man for their company?” he asked, head tilting. The vervet reappeared with three others and each presented a cut banana leaf with grounded green stuff on top, placing them in front of each lion before departing in a hurry. Penjaga sniffed at it while Lijen and Suspiro immediately tongued some into their mouth. Halia pointedly ignored the stuff while staring hard at Lijen.

She didn’t need to have this discussion. Suspiro kept glancing over at her with a look of hurt, confusion, and worry. It was not the time. She and Suspiro would not last but that was not a discussion for now. Instead, she tossed her head in irritation. It wasn’t in her habit to tell her visions but… there seemed no way around it.

”I saw you. And several others. And me. This trip… it’s something important,” she began before casting hard eyes at her family. ”I didn’t see the two of you, however. Which concerns me. I think the two of you should head back home-“

”I’m not leaving,” Suspiro cut off, giving her a frown. Something was going on between them recently and he didn’t like it. He wouldn’t just up and leave her, especially in the company of the merchat.

”I’m not either. I have business here,” Penjaga added smoothly, finally tasting some of the Iboga, filing away information he gained so far in his mind.

Halia let out a heavy sigh and Lijen stared. So… she was a seer. It wasn’t surprising, really. He travelled around. He knew of them. He had seen how the abilities manifested in different ways. In fact, he watched one grow up. And although her viewing had saved several lives… it was hurting another. Still, it was curious that Halia had a viewing with him and several others. He felt his muscles relaxing as the Iboga took it’s effect, though he put the rest to the side for later. He needed to focus now. Suspiro seemed to have the same thought and also put his leaf to the side. Penjaga blinked his eyes, frowning. There were colors in his vision. He also put the leaf to the side, determined to study it later, though doubtful it would be effective. All three of the males’ attention was on her.

Halia hesitated before continuing. Perhaps it wouldn’t effect things too much, letting them know. ”My abilities manifest as a matchmaker. I can see and feel… compatibleness. I know when someone will be together, even if it’s just once and fleeting. Sometimes, I’m able to even tell if they will mate. Maybe not for life,” Halia was careful not to look at Suspiro, ”but at least for some time. That’s why… that’s why this vision was such a shock. It was vivid. I may have been asleep but I was there. And I saw myself. The merchant. The dragon. The slave. The leopardess. The demon. The coward. The naïve. The heartbreak. The insane. And the unfortunate. Not all the same, I wager. I didn’t know exactly what they looked like. But once I laid eyes on Lijen… I just knew he was the merchant. That means there has to be nine others here. Or if not here, somewhere else. But regardless, it’s important to remain together until all of us unite,” she explained, ears twitching nervously. She felt odd about the vision, wary, cautious. She was downright terrified of what effects telling ‘the merchant’ of the vision would have. She didn’t bother informing them that in her dream, she had been the herder.

There was a bit of silence, though a look of seriousness encompassed Lijen’s face. Halia nearly sighed in relief. The lion was taking her serious. She hadn’t been aware that she’d been afraid of him laughing in her face, calling her crazy, and going away. She had just told of her vision. There was bound to be questions. And then, it would be time to look for the other nine.

w.c.: 1,266