[PRP] golden twists [ soui + vosin

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:31 am
Soui, who by her own admission was always late to everything, was never late to breakfast. Her parents used to laugh that it was the only time you could almost expect her to be early, and as she enjoyed her morning meal she relished the fact the day was hers to have. Until Pem got hold of her and made her study, anyway, and then study some more and MAYBE, if she was lucky - study.

So for now she took her time eating, enjoying the drink and food probably more than she should have.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:24 pm
houllow
Sorry for the wait!

Vosin had missed her usual wake up time. And of course her dragon hadn't considered it important enough to take her. If she was going to make breakfast at all, she was going to have to fly. It sort of sucked living on the beach so far from the weyr, but Killakeeth liked it, and truth be told so did she.

Brush and hair tie in one hand, the redheaded woman pelted down the path. At least she'd remembered to get dressed. Her bright red hair, usually tamed in a neat braid over one shoulder streamed behind her. Vosin stumbled into the dinning hall, panting. She laughed seeing she'd made it. Food or hair first? Vos stood in line to get a quick bowl of something warm and found a seat. She set her food down and breathed deep to catch her breath as she tried to tame her hair.

magnadearel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:14 pm
The woman who just entered, in Soui's opinon, looked rather sloppy. Like she'd been rushing to get somewhere (the little healer knew that feeling) and had forgotten to take care of herself before she arrived. Being late was never fun and although she appreciated the woman's attempt on arriving in style, it didn't help if you looked fresh from bed. Which, Soui assumed, the red-head likely was.

Having finished her meal with nothing else planned until her shift started in the infirmary, Soui wondered if it would be considered rude of her to help someone out? She didn't recognize the woman, likely due to not being in the Weyr long enough to memorize every face, or that the Weyr was huge, but that didn't stop her from approaching once she'd cleaned her place. "Excuse me, do you....need some help? With your hair."

Maybe she should have cleared her throat, or just not bothered, but Soui wanted to help if she could. Plus, not so secretly, she loved doing hair.

magnadearel
no worries!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:52 pm
houllow

She was just debating dealing with her hair and having her food get cold, or eating her food first and risking getting her hair into it. The dilemma of the day! Vosin was surprised when a young girl approached and asked about her hair. Her green eyes blinked as she stared for a moment.

"Oh! That's very thoughtful young lady. As a matter of fact I do." She smiled. "Would you be willing to help me out? A nice simple braid will do if you're in a hurry to get somewhere. Or whatever strikes your fancy." She kept it simple mainly because it was harder to do fancy on her own head.

magnadearel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:39 pm
There was absolutely little other in the world that Soui loved more than being able to be of use to someone. Being allowed to help was one of the best feelings in the world, and so when the woman told her that she accepted and appreciated the offer, the little teen was practically on cloud nine. "Then, by your leave."

Carefully positioning herself so she could work and not prevent the woman from eating, she pulled a brush from the satchel she so carefully always had with her. The motto of being prepared (as a healer) had been drilled into her so much she practically never went anywhere without a massive amount of supplies for practically any situation, and today it seemed to pay off. "If I pull too hard or cause you any discomfort, please let me know immediately so I may stop and correct my actions." Soui's words sounded much like what a healer would say, considering she was an apprentice, and with gentle hands she moved to touch the woman's hair.

It wasn't as soft as she expected, though who on Pern would have soft hair? Riders clearly had little time for themselves, and so she didn't need to be judging when her own hair felt like straw on occasion. Still, it was thick and lovely and she did enjoy the feeling of it over her fingers as she debated just what style to do. "You did say a simple braid would suffice, but do you...have anything you need to do today? Like flying practice, or any task where having your hair up and out of the way would be best?" Soui hoped this woman was a rider or else she'd made a fool of herself with that assumption.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:01 pm
houllow

Vosin passed the brush and tie back to the young girl. "What is your name?" She waited for her to start, then lifted her bowl so she could slowly eat her hot food without interfering with the work upon her hair.

I see you landed in the cream. The gold was perhaps a tad jealous. No one oiled her while she ate. That's because you're so messy when you eat.

"Don't worry about it. If it can handle me trying to braid it, I'm sure it'll think it's having a holiday with you." Vosin laughed softly. "Mmmmm I might, or they might have me going over boring old hides in the library again. I'd rather be flying, I hope they pick that. Really, do whatever your little heart desires." Perhaps she could surprise her twin with a slightly different braid today. Or maybe they'd plot to hire her as their hair dresser every morning.

And you say I'm spoiled.

magnadearel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:01 pm
Soui was halfway into brushing out the extremely lovely strands of hair before she heard the question, and her cheeks flushed a faint red. "My name is Soui, I'm a healer's apprentice." Nothing of amazing rank and worth, except for the fact that Soui did think that healers were ridiculously amazing and that the Weyr would be lost without them. Dragonriders were maybe a bit above considering they fought Thread and whatnot, but healers did a lot of the heavy lifting too. Still, she was supposed to be focusing on braiding this woman's hair and not dwelling on the fact she needed to go and sort through old salves after this.

A few twists and tugs later, all accompanied by silence as Soui worked, and the braid was done. "Here, what do you think?" The style was simple and lovely, held in place by pins that the teen apparently always carried around with her in her little pouches. "This should be light enough that your head doesn't overheat while working, and close enough to your scalp that you can wear your helmet without discomfort." Her voice held a smug sense of satisfaction to it and truly, Soui was beaming with faint pride.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:51 pm
houllow

"A pleasure to meet you Soui," she said around bites of her breakfast. "My name is Vosin. How long have you been an apprentice?" She set her bowl down to tentatively feel her new hair style. "Oh this is lovely! I can't begin to thank you enough for saving my morning." It'd feel a little weird not having her usual braid down her shoulder, but it'd be a novelty at the same time.

Vos was gonna enjoy seeing some startled faces during the day. "Have you eaten Soui? Would you care to join me while I finish my breakfast?" She smiled at the young girl who'd done such a wonderful job with her hair.

magnadearel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:48 pm
"I've already eaten but I don't mind sitting with you if it's not a bother." The little healer happily accepted the offer of company, having decided that it was better than whatever else she was supposed to be doing. Early morning chores weren't her thing in the healer infirmary and she wasn't a candidate; apart from her previous thoughts of doing nothing but studying she had entirely too much free time. "And I'm more than happy to help. I do my own hair all the time and sometimes the other healers when they ask, so...." She really did enjoy it. "I like working with my hands. I'm sure if I wasn't a healer I may have become a weaver or something of the sort. My mother always said I have skilled fingers."

It made things like cleaning small jars easier, or sorting, or even sewing. Maybe Soui did just have a good eye for tasks that required more dexterity or maybe she just had more interest. Either way she liked braiding hair. "Does....does your braid feel okay though? I know having the weight difference on your head can be unsettling." Why was she so nervous? Was it because of the actual rope braids on the woman's shoulder she couldn't translate? Perhaps Soui really needed to study on rank knots.

magnadearel

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff