[FINISHED] knots [ soui +ezyzu&khamaith Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:12 pm
Soui really, really liked the baths at the Weyr. They were large and open, and usually full of happy and chatty people who talked about their days and their worries. It reminded her quite a bit of home, and helps ease away some of that bitter taste she refused to acknowledge as longing. Soui liked being in Western and she was determined to stay for as long as she possibly could. With whispers on the wind about Threadfall getting worse in some places, she wondered if healers would be shipped out to help where they were needed most. Likely it wouldn't apply to her, or maybe it would, but really - she needed need to think on it now.

For now, she needed to deal with the mass of hair that clung to her body in a semi-wet, semi-dry state. Her hair had gotten longer since their arrival at Western, and with the generally warm temperatures the teen was glad she'd learned to braid a long time ago. Her mother had insisted on Soui having long hair, only because she said it suited her and her personality (Soui didn't know how hair made anything about personality, not really), and so she kept it long. As long as it was up, it was out of the way, and as long as she was braiding her hair she might as well have some fun.

Brush in hand, and a lot of free time for trial and error, Soui worked at fixing her hair. She had a final look in mind, something that would do well for her day off, and after a few tugs and more than a handful of start-overs, she finally had something she somewhat liked. Her hair done and set, the teen stretched her arms up and sighed.

She liked the Weyr.

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:35 pm
Messy, messy, messy!
Working in the kitchens was one of Ezyzu's most favorite chores to be assigned to. Yet today had been working with stuffing and filling pies. Messy in its own right, she had tried her best to clean up once her chores were done. But once she'd figured out that the berry mixture had splattered her hair, it was time to actually go wash up.

The baths are hot and inviting, and were it not the mild worry that Khamaith may fall asleep in the cozy water. Fingers had worked the soapy foaming sand into her hair until the russet locks no longer bled blue once they were wrung out. The baths were one of her favorite places, if just for the happy sense of community.

"Come on Kha, let's go dry off." Her tone is soft and sweet, nudging the little gold where she was resting her chin on the ledge.

I quite like this place. May we come back again? She gently climbs out of the bath, not having too much trouble getting over the lip of the water.

"Oh no doubt." Ezyzu giggles softly, following after her dragon. She takes a towel, rubbing Khamaith dry before starting in on herself and dressing. Ruffling the loosely curled hair into a more dryer state, the weyrling starts in on slowly combing her hair from the ends to work her way to the top of her head. It had left a margin of room, and Ezy looks up to find Khamaith curiously moving forward to inspect another bathing occupant.

Oh, hello, Kha calls gently to the girl, nose gently booping her thigh with the softest touch. I quite like how your hair is. Does it grow like that?

houllow
Hair forever mystifies the golden bab

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:54 pm
Soui had been somewhat engrossed in her thoughts when something struck her leg, and she looked down and over to have her gaze meet that of a baby dragonet. More specifically, as she was surprised to find, the golden child from the recent hatching. "Hello." The teen smiled warmly, and moved a hand to touch part of her hair. "Human hair doesn't grow like this, we have to work and style it." Most people would have balked at suddenly being talked to by a dragon but Soui was absolutely used to such an experience. Turns of talking with her twin had made her used to having that second voice in her head, and it was very comforting. "Sometimes humans like to have long hair, or they like to have short."

The little healer leaned down so her hair was dangling right in front of the dragonet. "Would you like to feel it? Sometimes it's different from person to person too, sort of like how each dragon has their own special hide feel." Soui probably should have had more reservations, spoken in a more polite manner to a dragon who could one day sit atop the ranks of a Weyr, but she didn't think that far. Instead she simply chatted away as comfortable as can be, though she did take the time to look up and glance for the dragonet's rider. These babies were too young to be far apart, she'd been told, and so it would have been weird to see her all alone.

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 10:14 am
Khamaith listened intently, as if she were suddenly in another lesson lecture. Hair was.. Not something that seemed to be escaping Khamaith’s general understanding. It grew? Regrew after it was cut off? Odd. Mine has hers really long. I quite like the length.

Oh, feel it? Oh, may I? Now she was even more curious. It felt different than Ezyzu’s? Hair was odd. But curiosity got the best of the baby, and she gently leaned up to nudge her nose into the (styled?) locks. Oh, it is very soft! She blew the softest of breaths, chirping in amusement when they danced around her face.

With her own hair all combed out, Ezyzu stood to trail after her dragon. Amusement danced in her eyes as she watched Khamaith look utterly entranced with another girl’s hair. “Hello, I see Khamaith met a new friend.” She smiles, soft and friendly. “I’m Ezyzu, and this is Khamaith,” Hello! “I quite like your hair! Did you do that yourself?”

houllow

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 10:51 am
Soui smiled happily as the dragonet nuzzled at her hair, careful to keep leaning and not move too much. She didn't want to cause the baby to sneeze, or cause any other types of distress, though she did giggle at the puffs of air that ruffled stray strands of hair. It tickled, and the dragonet breath smelled of meat and warmth. "Thank you for the compliment. I try to keep it clean, but sometimes - "

At the approach of someone who likely was the rider, the teen turned her head up to look. Her face flushed faintly at the compliment, apparently having more issue accepting them from a human rather than a dragon. "My name is Soui, and it's really nice to meet you both." She moved her hand and held on to one of the twists, her face still flushed red. "And...yes, I did it myself. I actually really like to braid my hair, which comes in handy since I usually need to wear it up."

She looked at the young woman her own hair, which was long like the little gold suggested. "Do you like to braid yours?"

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:23 am
Her hair is very soft, mine. Different than yours. But very nice. Khamaith's eyes whirled a brighter mix of green and blue, happy and content. She moved, just to gently brush her nose against the girl's -- Soui's -- cheek before giving her a bit more personal space.

"It's very nice to meet you, as well." Ezyzu reached to gently stroke Khamaith's head, who crooned as the heat began to sing a lullaby once more. Her eyelids drooped a touch, yet still eyed their new friend warmly. Ezy's fingers gently wove through her hair over her shoulder, trying to use the warm air to help it begin to dry. "It's really nice. You did a good job." The girl was.. adorable.

"I'm not that good at braiding hair." Ezyzu grinned, almost a bit abashed. "I could manage a simple plait when I was working more in the kitchens, when I was still a candidate." She gathers her hair again, smoothing down the locks so they might dry straight. "But now, I'm so busy that I usually just toss it up in a bun to keep it at bay. I'd actually been considering cutting it for quite a while.."

Yet something caught her brain, and after a beat, asked, "Where are you working?" She didn't recall seeing Soui anywhere in her recent memory..

houllow

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:24 pm
Soui blushed again as the compliments continued, and the smile she wore on her face with one of pure happiness. It was so nice to talk to someone else and she was young enough to enjoy compliments on a base level. She kept her hand on the plait of hair, nodding and listening to the older woman talk. "I'm a healer, or well, an apprentice. A junior apprentice to be more exact with titles and wording, but I was born and bred to the craft."

She knew she was small though, and looked awfully young, but maybe at a Weyr that didn't matter? She'd seen people younger than her working hard, and if this rider asked maybe she thought she was older? Or just being nice and making conversation? It was okay with the teen, regardless, though she did have to stop her jaw from dropping.

"Oh no, don't cut your hair, it's so beautiful!" She spoke the truth, admiring the locks in the same manner the dragonet had liked hers. "What if I teach you some basic braids that I've seen riders wear? They're fast and easy, and they'd save you from having to cut off your hair.....though it is rude of me to make a demand, isn't it?"

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:03 pm
Ezyzu nodded, her fingers trying to dry her hair out in the warm air. “I spent a good deal of time in that part of the Weyr for quite a few turns. Makes a lot of sense you’d get good at putting your hair up.” She raised a hand to a better light, wiggling her white-spotted fingers. “It’s good to know we’ve got such wonderful apprentices to join our amazing healers.”

Gently, she pulls her hair back, making long sweeps of her fingers from her roots to the curling tips. Trying in some attempt to get some lift and help dry it out. It was rather heavy when it was wet, even after being wrung out. It only helped further the idea that maybe she ought to ut it for a time..

“Oh?” Ezyzu’s cheeks burned a touch. Sure, it was long, but she’d never really considered it.. Pretty, let alone beautiful. But the idea wasn’t a bad one, and made the weyrling smile. “Yet a quite like the offer. If you’re willing to teach, I’d like to learn to braid. I hadn’t.. Been quite sold on cutting my hair just yet.” Plus, with it down to her waist, it would take a long time to grow..

houllow

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:48 pm
"If you really wanted to cut it, just a trim might help, but I'd really be more than glad to show you some braids." The teen was absolutely delighted that she was going to be of some help to someone, and she tugged absentmindedly at one of the loops that held her own hair. Her parents had always insisted on teaching her to braid, mostly so she could care for herself or for patients who needed tending to with messy hair, and now she was going to be able to help a goldrider. Mentally, she thanked her parents and would be writing them a letter later to show her appreciation.

But now.....was the next step. She'd just spent a while doing her hair and didn't exactly want to take it out to do it all over again, so perhaps.... "Do you....have access to a large mirror? I can braid your hair and show you at the same time, or I can...take my hair out and show you that way." Again, Soui really didn't want to undo her hair and the thought of it probably showed clearly on her face. As much as she loved braiding other people's hair, doing her own was an entirely different herdbeast.

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:26 pm
Hmm.. Maybe she was due for a trim. Her fingers felt the ends of her hair, checking for split ends. “I do like my hair long, and it took me quite a while to grow this long..” There’s a gentle nudge at her knee, and Ezyzu looked down into the whirling eyes of Khamaith.

I like your hair that length. She openly remarks, so both girls could hear her.

Ezyzu giggled, gently scritching her little dragon’s eyeridges. She glances up, eyes bright in the moderate lighting. “Hmm.. Well, no. I don’t want you to undo all that lovely work you just did! That would be a shame.” A mirror, a mirror.. “I think there’s a wardrobe with mirrors..” Trailing off, the weyrling moves with long strides over to the side of the room. “Oh! Over here!” It’s a happy call, bouncing slightly on her feet. Mounted mirrors, and some handheld ones as well. Even stools! “This is perfect!” She goes to settle in a stool, before turning to Soui. “Is there anything else we need?”

houllow

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:47 pm
She didn't know she'd been holding her breath, but there was an exhale of relief from the little healer at being told she didn't need to undo her braids. Awkwardly she felt a brush climb over the bridge of her nose, but she dismissed it as the goldrider moved to sit on a stool near some mirror. "I have a brush already, if you don't mind me using mine? I promise I don't have anything you need worry about." Maybe she shouldn't have said anything at all, but Soui wasn't quite known for reeling things in when overly excited or happy. Normally she could be calm, should be calm, would be calm, but now? She was getting to braid hair and she loved it.

"Are you tender-headed at all? I don't want to tug and cause you any discomfort, not while you're still so early into your bond with your dragon." That was something Soui had learned and was trying to careful to mind. "Also, I won't particularly do anything fancy so you should be able to mimic it easy enough. Or if not, you can always seek me out and I'd be more than happy to always braid your hair." If that was an offer to be a personal helper, she didn't specify and instead just moved behind Ezyzu to get a better idea of what could be done.

For the dragonet, she got an affectionate bop on the nose with the brush tip, before Soui slid it over her head as though she were brushing imaginary strands of golden hair. "I'll do your hair too, Khamaith, just let me know when."

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:43 am
She peeked at Soui through the mirror, smiling. “Oh, no, yours is fine! I’m just really excited, I’ve never had my hair really braided -- maybe last time, I was still a tyke visiting the infirmary?” That vague memory sounds about right. They’d had to inspect her full arms, up to her shoulders and back. It had been better than cutting all her hair off, she recalled… “I think so, anyway. About half my lifetime ago, man does time fly..”

Khamaith settled up next to her rider, taking the opportunity to rest her head in Ezyzu’s lap. The dragonet thrummed quietly, nosing against Ezyzu’s hand lovingly. The weyrling smiled, gently scritching Kham’s eyeridges as she glanced back up. “Oh, no. I usually have my hair in a ponytail, it’s left me with a durable hairline! No worries. I appreciate the concern though -- and that you’d do all this for me..” Her spare hand gently moved some hair that fell infront of her gaze, almost smiling a tad shy. For as motherly as the woman came off.. Sometimes it was almost embarrassing how something as simple rather eluded her. “I’d like that! I doubt I could mimic that, but I’d love to show off your work!”

The gold dragonet chirped as her nose was gently booped, thrumming curiously as the brush was draped along her neck like she had seen Ezyzu use for her own hair. Do her hair? But she didn’t have hair… Oh! This was a game, like the ones she and Baihath played! Yes please. You made yours look so nice.

houllow

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:52 pm
Soui chuckled at the dragonet's happy response to her offer, pleased she understood and delighted that she'd actually want her to do so. All the dragons she'd met so far were friendly and lovely, their riders much the same. Coming to Western was the best thing she could have done, even if it wasn't for this exact purpose. "Alright then, I'll get started. I'll go slow so you can watch, but if you have any questions or want me to speed up please let me know." Slowly and carefully, Soui started to brush the goldrider's hair and separate strands. She knew what style she wanted to go for and she knew it would look well on Eyzyu. Something simple, something easy, but still something elegant.

The little healer was quiet as she worked, though by the time she finished she'd managed to turn out a lovely (and manageable) style. "There. What do you think?"

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:28 pm
With a gentle hum of affirmation, Ezyzu watched attentively as Soui’s hands worked. She moved the mirror as needed to see exactly what was being done and just how to twist and plait. It was a pleasant thought of just how gentle Soui was with her hair--no tugging or pulling. With such careful work, Soui would make a fantastic healer--that she was sure. Plus with how slow and methodical she was, surely she might even be able to repeat these steps herself on her own!

As soon as it was finished, she gently turned her head this way and that, a touch speechless at her hair. This was.. Her hair? “It looks so good..” Ezyzu’s voice was soft, a bit awed. “I never thought my hair would ever look this nice. Thank you, thank you!” The weyrling turned, taking no hesitation to hug the candiate from her seated position. “It looks so incredible. I think I may actually be able to do this myself!”

It turned out so nice. Khamaith’s eyes whirled sleepily, having been roused by her rider turning away.

“I hope.. I hope I’m not overstepping, and if you’re busy this is a bit void, but!” Color gently flooded her cheeks. “There’ll be a party for the clutch in a few weeks--do you think I might be able to come to you to do my hair up for the event? You did such wonderful work, and I certainly have the marks for your time if you might be interested!”

houllow
Business business business

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:06 pm
Soui was downright delighted that her handiwork was taken well, though that delight vanished the moment she was given an offer. "...eh?" Someone actually...wanted to pay her? The teen was clearly taken aback by the request and her eyes drew wide on her face. No one had ever actually asked her for anything, let alone offered to pay for it, and she was almost at a loss for words. "...you want to hire me to do your hair? Why?"

The teen still looked a little shocked as she glanced at Ezyzu, though she did allow a look at the sleepy-faced golden dragonet. Was this a joke of some sort she wasn't privy to?

Prism Shine

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces