Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:42 am
User Image

It was morning and Ayize was still blinking the sleep from her eyes as she rose from her position beneath a rather large, craggy rock upon the plateau - the perfect shelter for a good night of rest. The old lioness got up slowly, feeling her bones creak like they always seemed to these days. She tried to avoid thinking about the dream she'd just cut off by opening her eyes, but it was difficult not to mull on the feelings of loneliness it had drudged up. Reluctantly, she looked around, hoping for someone to speak with. She hadn't seen her blood sister, Sitala, in some days and wondered idly if she'd be able to seek her out for a sit down.

Unwilling to go to such lengths having just woken up, the lioness instead padded out to the edge of the plateau, looking over the desert that lead to the Motoujamii lands. She scowled, seeing a lone scorpion skitter about, realizing she should probably get on checking the rock formation for critters like scorpions and snakes while she had the time. Turning back around, Ayize started sniffing under the rocks, checking in their nooks and crannies for the nasty little buggers.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 5:04 pm
Ruler of Everything

The pale male had been out early that morning, enjoying the cool air against his mane when he had heard the sounds of movement up ahead. Coming around a rather dense area of shrubbery his gaze fell upon a lioness, colored like the earth herself, overturning rocks. Cocking his head slightly he watched her for a few moments before growing curious and moving closer. "What are you doing?" Curiosity truly had the better of him, perhaps he could help if it wasn't too difficult a task. Not to say he was a simple lion, but sometimes even he wasn't sure of what to do. He was still learning as the days went on, he wasn't an old goat after all.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:58 am
Ayize had been sniffing under a rock when she heard a voice. Her ears flicked and her head snapped up, catching sight of a pale male with a thick, deep red mane. A deep conservative, the mane was always the first place she looked when meeting a new male. You could tell a lot from its color, she believed - the darker the better, after all. Sliding her gaze to his bi-colored eyes, she realized she recognized this male as one of the current Inselele. It was a position of honor considering it displayed a great amount of strength on the part of the male.

Dipping her head slightly in a show of reverence, the old lioness smiled and gestured her nose towards the rocks. "Early morning I like to check for snakes and scorpions - I don't want those little buggers running around and sneaking up on others. Besides, it gives this old lady something to do other than hunt and search for water." Remembering herself, she added, "Ayize, by the way. And you are...? My memory fails me, although I do believe I knew your name once upon a moon," she finished with a sad smile.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:31 pm
Ruler of Everything

Eyes widened slightly at her comment, "Oh that is very notable of you." He wasn't sure anyone else did that in particular so he was quite impressed with her want to ensure the cubs and other members of the pride were safe, especially since he had little one's of his own to look after, in a way. "I'm Budek, I'm one of the Newer Inselelo's I've only been here a couple of months. It's nice to meet you Ayize." He joined her in looking under rocks for the dangerous creatures. "how do you go about killing them?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:37 pm
"Ahhh, that explains it. Newer blood to the rank," she observed with a smile. She was sure she'd heard his name pass through the pride when he'd initially earned the rank several moons back, but her memory apparently wasn't as good as it used to be. She was surprised when the male decided to join her in this rather boring task, but happily accepted the help. "The snakes are easy - if you just pin them down with your one paw near enough to their head," she she quickly used her left paw to mimic pinning down a small snake, "You can easily sink your teeth in and kill them rather quickly. The ones that hang around here, well, haven't been poisonous to kill thus far." She shrugged. "The scorpions... I guess it's more scaring them off than anything. Though that can be tough, they really don't take well to surprises." Ayize scrunched up her nose, thinking of their terrifying stingers. It wasn't a fun task, but she relished getting to contribute ever more to the welfare of the pride in any way she could.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:40 pm
Ruler of Everything

While he was in fact newer blood to the rank he felt like he was coming into the role well enough. He listened as she explained her methods and it was easy to understand why they should be killed or at least moved from the area. A bite could kill a cub easily enough and he didn't want anything to befall the precious children him and Kuhasa had not long ago.

He would have to check in on her again soon.

"Are you the only one that does this?" Shifting rocks around he spotted a scorpion and pressed a rock on top of it with all his weight, peeking under it briefly he was met with a gross mess and returned the rock atop it. Maybe he should stick to trying to find snakes.

"How long have you been at this? Perhaps we can go get some food in a little bit. I'm sure its exhausting out here in the hot sun." It was draining after a while.

He continued his search for more dangerous things.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 5:53 pm
Ayize's ears flicked and she turned in time to catch Budek crushing a scorpion underneath a rock. The sight oddly made her feel very satisfied, and she couldn't stop herself from saying "Nice," under her breath. "Uh..." she shrugged, bringing her nose up from the ground. 'I don't think so..."

At the mention of food, Ayize visibly perked up. Although she hadn't been snuffing out the lives of lesser critters for long, she also hadn't gotten to eat breakfast yet. She was quite hungry. "That," she said with a smile, "sounds like a wonderful idea." She stood up straighter and glanced about, sending her gaze back to Budek. "Lead the way?"

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:53 am
Ruler of Everything
in case you wanted to finish this out still. It's definitely backlogged now XD

"I can tell you about my travels outside of the pride before I joined as well!" He offered to her with a bright smile. He figured it would be nice to let her get to know him a little bit, even if his time here was fleeting. He really did want to leave an impact within the pride and hoped that when he finally left he would be remembered for generations to come.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:04 pm
At his offer, Ayize's face visibly brightened. Although she'd never had the desire to leave the boundaries of the Bonelands, it was the fascination of every eternally-pridal lion and lioness what lay beyond. With a role that kept her mostly within the outer limits of the pridelands, it was unsurprising that she was so curious about life in the beyond. Turning to Budek, she smiled. "I'd love to hear about your travels! I'm an old lioness, born here in the Bonelands, so I can't consume enough tales of the outside. Although I don't wish to see it - hearing about it does wonders for me." Her grin was toothy and a bit sagging, a result of her age showing in her face. "Is this the first pride you find yourself apart of?" she asked curiously.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:22 pm
Ruler of Everything
[fin for me <3

"Well, perhaps my stories will let you "live" some of what I've seen in my travels." Begining to lead the way he gave a nod of his head. "Why yes it is, so this is just as exciting for me." Leading the way for them he went on to tell her of some of the water dwelling pride's he had come across.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas