[PRP] A little worry [Khamaith/Etansi][Finished]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:21 pm
The Weyr was abuzz with activity in the early afternoon. After lunch, most had resumed their schedules and going-ons that made the Weyr run smoothly. Khamaith had finished lunch, Ezyzu had returned to do her chores after head scratches and nose kisses, wishing her a restful nap. It was ideal, and a yawn had threatened her muzzle as she considered laying her head down to sleep. But something had been on her mind, had been since she first entered the world on a hot sandy beach. A candidate she had met, troubled and scared. Such pain had nettled at her mind, wanting the best for those in her Weyr. But her twin had Impressed to Aspalath, so she must be in Western. Right?

With a luxurious stretch, Khamaith stood. She could do this, surely.

It’s a concentrated effort, gently feeling the minds around her. She had felt the mind before, and while she had not been hers, the feeling should be the same. Hopefully in better spirits after some time had passed! But worry and love drove the little gold to put foot after foot to stone. It’s a gentle game, the softest mental brushes looking for the one she had set her mind to. It startles some when she gets closer, and Khamaith uttered sweet apologies and even gentle nuzzles if in physical proximity. She’d nuzzled her head into the hands of a young drudge who looked on the verge of tears at her being so close.

Not right, not right… Was that..? Ah, yes!

She takes a step into the room, staying around the doorframe as she locates the one she had been looking for. Yes, most definitely! Hello there Etansi, Her voice is soft, gentle. It still has that sleepy tone to it, but a warmth as she gently wanders into the room. I hope I’m not interrupting. I’ve been worried.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:02 pm
Remedial lessons had been part of the plan when they'd come back, after all she wasn't the only one that had done something incorrect and indeed dangerous at the hatching, but Etansi had never once paid full enough attention in her lessons other than to make certain that she and Erastan had passed. That left her feeling behind the rest of her fellow Candidates on the basics and everything else, so her free time, at least solo free time that she had when it didnt line up fully with her twin's schedule, was now spent in a cold room with scrolls spread all over her lap and the floor in front of her. Studying at least gave her something to keep her mind off of the slowly dulling pain of having been separated almost fully from her brother.

In the back of her mind she believed it was necessary, knew that eventually something would have happened in life to pull them apart even a little, but this was not at all what she had expected and every day was a new lesson in surviving by herself. For now there was no way for her to reach out and lean on Erastan's kinder person when she needed it. He wasn't there any longer, not all the time ayway and eventually wouldn't be at all when he was a dragonrider and his schedule was much more intensive. So Etansi knew that she would have to study and get better, get even smarter than she was before, so that she could be of enough use to stick around when she aged out.

Scratching at her head and running her fingers over the old scroll in her lap, the teen traced the words, faded quite a bit with age, that seemed to be to a song or poem of some sort. Surely it was something that a Harper would need more than she herself, but she would memorize it for it was in the scroll she'd chosen from the records room.. a room she wasn't even sure she could enter. Having entered it only the once and grabbed an entire armful of the old scrolls before going to this room, all but abandoned from use by others.

So abandoned in fact that Etansi wasn't expecting a voice to call out to her, or a dragon, the dragon, to appear in the doorway. Dark eyes widening at the presence she felt her fingers go cold as ice washed over her once more. The little gold had done nothing wrong to her, at least as far as the dragon would know itself, it was just a baby but it had punched a hole deep in the armor she used to defend herself with, defend her brother with. To see it once more this close was startling to say the least and the tiny girl tried to form words as she pushed the scroll from her lap and stood, back against the wall not entirely from fear but for support as well.

Just a breif encounter had left her feeling like a different person, what would happen now?

"Gold?" she whispered, not knowing the dragon's name.

Prism Shine

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:25 am
The reaction she had elicited had certainly not been the one Khamaith had been expecting, and a flicker of worried yellow flickered in the deep bluegreen depths. My name is Khamaith. It’s so nice to meet you properly. Though her voice was telepathic, it came out softer than before, almost a mental whisper with a gentle calm tone to it. She turned, pressing her body against the wall -- and leaving plenty of space by the door. No one liked to feel trapped, after all.

I hope I didn’t scare you. Is this okay? Khamaith’s wings settled at her sides, gently crooning. She stays planted, seated where she can see the girl but wanting to look less.. Intimidating? At the very least to appear less of a threat. There’s a strong urge to press her head against Etansi’s hands, to be a physical comfort to make sure the girl is okay and calm. But Ezyzu had spoken to her about how sometimes comfort was in space given, despite Kha’s ideal notion cuddles could be the balm of all mental stress. To her, physical comfort and the ability to lean on others and to feel safe was the greatest feeling.

But perhaps Hers had been right, and Khamaith curls her tail around her claws. I was worried about you after the hatching. I had to find Mine, or else I would have stayed longer to make sure you were okay.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:16 pm
Words slipped into her head softly, far more quiet than any dragon that had spoken to her before, it was almost as if they wrapped around her mind in a hug of sorts. If she had been the type to accept comfort willingly she might have actually melted into it and into the gold instantly like the frightened creature she was deep down in some small place. Etansi wasn't that way though, she reached out to touch the warm words carefully in her mind but didn't allow herself even a moment to think about the comfort, for it might have been a bit too much.

"Khamaith.... gold Khamaith." Etansi said the words in the same quiet voice, the fear on her face disappeared as she took a deep breath and remembered Master A'ral's words that nothing in the Weyr would hurt her, that she didn't have to survive because it was a right here. She needed to learn to accept that and let it sink in or she would never feel fully comfortable here where she would be living for turns and turns now.

Tilting her head a bit to the side she looked the brightly colored dragon over, having not been looking at her the last time even, she looked like a walking hug in the form of a small gold. It was nice that she had found hers and not disappeared Between, everything that she read told her that was a possibility, so it was good that the gold had found her person and that Aspalath had found her brother when he had, for the blue seemed to have been deathly afraid of the group of candidates on the sand. She would have to read up on where that might be that they went or why, or maybe another dragon could tell her, if anyone knew.

"Worried about... me?" Etansi placed a hand against her chest as way of pointing to herself and confusion settled over her. Why was this little dragon worried for her, how had she even remembered her? "You remembered me? But... yours is more important, yes? I mean... spending time with yours... bonding? My brother is bonding with his blue, a lot."

Erastan had been bonding with his blue for weeks now and even though their free time had been matched up it was mostly one sided anymore and she had started to take the time to study in the silence. Deep down she'd known that there wasn't a lot of place for her in there anymore, in his heart at least. Etansi had been taught things though, knew how to treat others with respect and she had to learn to show it to dragons now too, or else Ma Loa would have frowned at her deeply.

"Thank you for worrying."

Prism Shine

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:13 pm
Her attention had been trained on Etansi, even if she had tried to look elsewhere. The scrolls that had been dumped in a hurry when she had first entered the room. Had a study session been interrupted? There was a tiny nugget of worry, but perhaps she could stay and watch--at the very least listen. It would be nice, if she wouldn’t mind a bit of company later, or at a later date. She quite liked to listen to Ezyzu’s lessons, if to soak up the knowledge alongside her rider.

The little gold physically relaxed as she watched her companion relax. The fear dissipated, and Khamaith’s eyes whirled a bit brighter. She was just a little dragon, nothing to fear!

The question caught Kha off guard, and her head fell to the side curiously. Of course she had been worried about Etansi. The girl had hurt so deeply on the sands, and though she wouldn’t find out later as to the full notion of why, it had been gut instinct to comfort and provide warmth. Of course I was worried. You hurt so deeply. She could still feel the hurt in the slight girl, but at least she hadn’t felt like a hole to between like she had on the beach! Khamaith’s head bobbed, nodding. My Ezyzu is very important to me, and we do spend a lot of time bonding. But my Weyr is very important to me too, as is every person and dragon. That includes you. She gives a small trill, warm and soft. Mine and myself want to help our Weyr be the best it can be, and that means making sure everyone is happy, and knows they always have someone to lean on. Even if that shoulder might be a baby gold at this instance. I’d like to introduce you to her, if you might like sometime. She’s very nice.

There’s a gentle, questioning warmth at the back of her mind, as her rising emotions had caught Ezyzu’s attention away from her duties. Yet Khamaith sends back the gentle wave of reassurance. After all, there was nothing to be worried about. She was just checking on a friend, after all.

Khamaith shifts gently, turning her head to look at the scrolls. Perhaps things ought to be.. De-escalated? I didn’t mean to interrupt your studying. What were you working on?

Hattaki

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:10 pm
Dark eyes narrowing slightly as she saw the whirl of color in the gold's eyes, Etansi wondered to herself if that had anything to do with emotions, which could of course come in handy in the future. Knowing what color meant what would be the hard part, but just the knowledge that dragons wore their emotions wide open on their faces was new and exciting. Others among her fellow Candidates would probably consider her a fool for not knowing that already, but she was studying to catch up to them and hopefully in time she would surpass them as she had everything else in life that Ma Loa had taught her across the Turns she'd been involved with Etansi's life. This would be no different, even if there were much more to learn this time around.

"I'm sorry Khamaith." the small girl tried the dragon's name out once more, letting it rest in her mouth for a moment and nodding her head as she decided that it was a good name. "You were scared? My brother's dragon is always scared... was worried he would go Between." Having only had interactions with one hatchling before this gold she figured that all hatchlings were afraid, it made the most sense when she thought about how they weren't bonded to their future rider quite yet. Probably they were all greatly scared by so many people out there, where as Etansi had simply been annoyed with having so many close to her, at least at the beginning anyway.

Edging slightly closer, afraid to get very close as the dragon might not like that, not all of them could be like her Master A'ral's dragon and certainly Killakeeth hadn't always been the friendliest of golds herself. It wasn't lost on her that both gold dragons had names that began with the letter 'k' and her amusement was staunched down a bit so it didn't show on her face. Khamaith didn't really deserve to see the fake side of her personality, the mask that she wore to deceive and use marks that she wanted something from, the dragon was just a baby and in her own way had been attempting to help her. Other than the master's dragons there didn't seem to be any others than this one that cared about the entire Weyr, even the most insignificant members of it like herself.

For Etansi was only just barely a candidate and still considered her right to stand a mistake. It had been luck that she and her brother had been found, but to think that she had a chance to Impress to a dragon... she couldn't even conceive of it.

"Yours sounds nice... I doubt she would like someone like me." It wasn't stated as a personal insult towards herself, it was just the facts. Etansi had been told before that she wasn't nice and there was no mistake in her mind that everyone who had described her as such was correct to do so. Pern had made her hard and she used it to protect her brother, so now that he didn't need it because he had a blue dragon to protect she was working on making herself hard for just herself alone, but there was still that hole in the armor she had built. The hole that Khamaith had created.

The words 'he's just more of me' reverberated in Etansi's head and she couldn’t quite understand exactly what her brother had meant, even now. How could a living being with thoughts and intellect be exactly the same as another? Did that mean that the little gold was exactly the same as her rider? If that was the case, Etansi might actually consider the possibility of meeting her, for there was nothing wrong with this kind dragon, she’s just come upon her at the wrong time. Outwardly Khamaith was the same as Erastan was inwardly.

“I’m behind. Never thought that Erastan would Impress, know that i won’t. So I have to catch up so I can stay and learn so I can stand, though I don’t think I’ll ever meet my dragon.” the last bit came out quietly, a shred of emotion weaving it’s way into her voice as she admitted aloud what she’d been keeping hidden. She’d spoken to others and stated that she was likely a mistake drug along with her brother, that Impressing had never mattered to her, but it was a lie so well constructed that it was almost the truth. The real truth was hiding just past her armored wall of inner feelings. Wouldn’t a dragon be nice, didn’t she want one too?

Yes, but she didn’t deserve one.

“Prism Shine”

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:46 am
Khamaith straightened slightly. Sorry? Why was she sorry? Oh.. Worry isn’t a bad thing. I worry for you because I care about you. But, yes, Aspalath.. She had had very few interactions with him -- most of her siblings had been so busy with chores and lessons as she was -- perhaps the rest of her siblings were as busy as they were. He hatched and Impressed before I ever broke shell.. But Ezyzu had worried over him. It had helped draw her to Hers, that overarching love and concern for everyone around her. Even a timid blue brother of hers had drawn love from her sweet girl. But he and your brother are a perfect match.

The slow edging hadn’t been lost on Khamaith, and her eyes whirled a happier green -- almost the color of fresh grass after the winter’s snow. Hers had taken a sleepy lunchtime to describe her eyes sometimes -- with the gentle promises that one day they would experience them all so Khamaith might see them herself and not just in memories of Ezyzu’s. But Etansi had seemed to be relaxing in her presence, so she gently, almost timidly, asked, May I come closer? If not, that is fine. I’m also quite happy here. Yet the urge to cuddle and reassure through the warmth of her hide was strong, even if for once the gentle sleepiness seemed abated.

A soft, surprised squeak leaves her before she can quite stop it. Wouldn’t like her..? Perhaps Etansi only thought that way because she hadn’t met hers yet. But.. You and I are getting along, are we not? It’s a half rhetorical question, for the little dragon had been quite sure they were getting along for only their second encounter. Yet there’s a touch of grey that seeps in, a gentle sadness in the question, and it makes her shuffle slightly. Ezyzu and I are.. Two sides to the same sheet. Her brain was wracking for any analogy that might fit. She wants to care for the Weyr like I do. Before I found her, she had wanted to be.. Oh, what was the term.. Head person? Head human..? Headperson Helper, I think it was. She squints at the ceiling a moment, trying to recall without straight asking. Headwoman, maybe..? Headwoman Helper. She wanted to get to a position where she could help people and make her, our Weyr so much better. I found her, and now we together will help everyone. There’s a gentle cheerfulness to her tone now, soft and sweet.

But.. I think she would like you. I quite like you. Etansi had a soft place in her hearts. She had lots of love to share, and with time was going to share it with all of Western Weyr. But perhaps one day at a time, and the idea of just introducing her wonderful girl to the candidate that had her attention would be a good first step.

Catching up with studies, hm. Not every candidate was born in a Weyr, Ezy had told her before. So some had more time to learn things at their own pace, while others had to catch up in shorter time what others learned over turns. Khamaith craned her head, peering at the scratchings and scribbles she couldn’t read. Yet, she wondered if she might be able to learn…

Wait. Wait.

Her mind processed what the girl had spoken, even quietly. An admission even if perhaps Khamaith wasn’t entirely meant to hear it. Knowing she wouldn’t Impress? It tasted a bit like the ice that had been around Etansi’s heart on the sandy beach. Yet as the mild alarm bloomed, she quietly swallowed it down for a calmer approach. I believe you’ll find Yours one day. Its soft, gentle; matching the soft tone the girl had used. Maybe not the next hatching. Maybe it’ll take a few. But one day you will, and I will cheer you on. Her head ducks, wide, whirling eyes trying to meet theirs. Western Weyr needs you. But one day you’ll meet a dragon who needs you just as much. Don’t let that coldness keep them at arm’s length.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:22 am
So not straight out fear then, just worry, that she could handle since it meant that this gold wouldn't be running away or giving her those terrified white eyes that Aspalath often gave. It eased her slightly to know that even the gold viewed them as a perfect match but something squeezed deep inside of her all the same and it took a great deal of effort to try and release it. Her brother didn't belong to just her any longer, that was over now and she had to bury any jealousy she had for the dragon deep in her own chest because it wasn't his fault. It wasn't his fault that she was so broken she wanted to reach out and cling to her brother like she did, Aspalath's job was to cling now and hopefully he was doing just that.

"He is. Aspalath is brother's perfect match." There was no emotion in her voice as she spoke, having wrung it out before it even left her throat, but her ribs pressed outward with a deep breath before she did so. "I don't know why you care... but thank you. I... I don't deserve it." Slowly Etansi sunk to the floor once more, her legs crossed and her head in her hands as she slowly bent down to put her elbows on her knees. A dragon had told her that she cared about her, the same gold that had punctured a hole in her such a short time ago. With one more deep breath the girl held out her right hand for the dragon before her, fingers moving to beckon her forward even though she hadn't the faintest clue what it was she was doing. There was a feeling boiling up inside of her, one that she had felt before but she couldn't quite put a finger on it.

Ears sharpened by years of needing to hear danger before it could hurt her brother or even herself picked up on the squeak as it left the dragon, but she didn't lift her head from where it rested on her left hand, pressing her elbow into her knee heavily. So this was another dragon that was hand in hand with their rider, it seemed that they were all the same as their riders which made sense that they would bond with them then. So Ezyzu was a caring person too, just like her dragon she cared for the whole Weyr, so why oh why would she care about one small Candidate? It just didn't make any sense for either of them to care about her even if she had the briefest of encounters with Khamaith at the hatching. Really though, who was she to question it anymore since she wasn't the best at understanding things like emotions, she got them all wrong after all. When she should have been angry, horribly angry and upset, she'd gotten sad and bawled her eyes out in front of everyone from two Weyrs, now she even had the same feeling pushing up underneath of her ribs.

The next few things the dragon said seemed to echo in her head, both her admission that she liked her and that for some reason she believed Etansi could even find her own. Her back arched a bit as she tried to press back against the feelings that bubbled over against her own will, still unsure of how this was all happening and why it seemed that this dragon who's heart really was beautiful compared to her own cared so. The movement she'd been making to beckon Khamaith toward her grew a bit larger as it came to involve her entire slim arm as if she could pull the gold towards her lap with the motion alone. Thinking over her words, mulling them in her head she kept her head down so she didn't have to look up and see the kindness that was in front of her, couldn't show her the tear that was running down her cheek in the face of such kindness.

It reminded her so much of Ma Loa's own and in this moment she wanted nothing more than to wrap her arms around the gold the same way her Ma had done her before she died.

"Come here..." was all she could rasp though.

Prism Shine

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:12 am
It wasn’t hard to feel the building emotional turmoil once more, and Khamaith did her best to gently send out calming waves. Last thing she wanted to do was upset Etansi again. Confusion gently welled. She thought she didn’t deserve it? You are my friend. I’ll always care. The softest croon left her, even as Etansi slid to the ground. SO, no running away. But most definitely upset.. There’s a tick in her that almost, almost debates if she had made things worse with her presence, if she should leave the other girl alone… But to leave a friend when she was upset? The thought was even worse. So she would sit and wait, and be support when she was needed.

Apparently that might be sooner rather than later. Her eyes whirl a little faster, looking curiously at the outstretched hand. Did.. did Etansi want her to come closer? Yet the motion becomes stronger even as Khamaith can’t quite see Etansi’s face. But the command, soft and raspy--drenched in emotion, had Khamaith moving into action. She pushes herself to stand, moving to press between the space of the girl’s open arm, settling and curling into the curve of Etansi’s huddled form. Wings flare out wide, a blanket of soft gold that gently wraps around her form like a hug, a security blanket to help keep away the negativity that plagued her small friend. If she could keep out the negativity, the hurt that seemed to claw and bite at their heart.. She would do anything to do so. But all she can do is gently butt her head against the candidate’s, nuzzling sweetly.

I have you. You are not alone. Khamaith gently nuzzled into Etansi’s neck, willing out calm waves and gentle kindness.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:04 pm
'Friend' hung in the air between the two of them for a moment, and a sob ripped from Etansi when she realized no one had ever once used that word to describe either her or her brother in all their lives. Surely they had been friends to one another, but the young girl couldn't remember a time when she'd ever thought of anyone as a friend and she really didn't know what it was supposed to feel like. If this was how it was supposed to feel, like a pain spreading through her chest until it seemed to make all of her glow and worry for the gold's emotions more than her own, well it was new. The moments between Khamaith's words and her movement was not long at all and as the pair of gold wings wrapped the small girl in an embrace she felt something pop deep within her in a way that didn't seem to hurt so much as make her feel a bit numb all at once.

Unable to keep her tears in any longer, the little girl buried her face in Khamaith's neck and wrapped her arms around the gold's body as best she could with her wings. Tears streamed down her face and against the little gold's soft skin as she sobbed against her and just pulled her tighter into a hug.

Sure it was years of instability that was all pouring out of her, but it didn't change the fact at all that a dragon had called her friend, one that had changed her so fully as well, it felt stranger even than the moment that her brother had stepped away from her. Here she was still, alone without her second half or any part of a second soul and yet she wasn't as alone as she'd believed it seemed. While it took her some time to do, Etansi cried out the repressed feelings she had always hidden behind all that armor and was eventually left simply clinging to Khamaith's warm body. It was yet another moment that she'd showed her own weakness, one she hadn't been expecting to have but one that had overcome her just from being checked on by this sweet dra... friend of hers.

Swallowing against the dryness of her own throat, she squeezed Khamaith gently and lifted her face to look up at her from red eyes. "I was always... alone. Even with brother, some part was always just alone. Still is. I don't... I don't understand, Khamaith. Why do others care...?" It came out as a raspy whisper full of emotion still, confusion and pain and a very small amount of trust. It was growing, slowly but surely, that trust that she had in this gold that had changed her so much, had shown her so many things about herself. It simultaneously terrified her and aroused her curiosity even stronger, for never had she met a being that could do what this dragon had done. Were they all like this?

Prism Shine

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:29 pm
The floodgates had opened, and while a gentle streak of worried yellow streaked through her eyes, she didn’t dare move away -- not when she’s needed. There’s hands and arms circling around her, a wetness on her neck -- feeling Etansi hold and cling in a way that made her hearts melt. This little one that she had made cry not once but twice now, but this was more of a feeling of… catharsis, perhaps. Letting out that built up emotion she felt on the beach not too long ago. She could not imagine what this little one had gone through in her life, and would not pry into such delicate matters unless that was willingly given up. Yet it doesn’t quite stop the gentle feeling blooming in her to want to protect this girl.

Words are at a loss for the moment, besides the gentle outpouring of calmness, love and support that she freely gave to one who especially needed it. Khamaith tucked her head down, chin against Etansi’s back as she served an anchor in a storm. Even once the crying had subsided, she did not move. If Etansi wanted space, she would let that decision be hers--for all she could do now was hold the best she could and comfort. She wasn’t alone--and Khamaith had meant it.

Yet she gently pulls away, enough to look at the tear-streaked face and red eyes. With the gentlest touch, that golden snout bent to wipe away tears. No one wants to be alone. It’s gentle, soft. The slow whirl of her eyes a gentle cascade of blue and green. Care comes from connections, no matter how small--or how far away they might be. Caring for their wellbeing, for their health--because you don’t want them to be hurt, don’t want them to be suffering. My siblings and my father at High Reaches -- they’re far away, and I love them. I know they care about me, even if sometimes I wonder if they’ll even recognize me whenever I may see them again. Khamaith gently bumps her head against Etansi’s affectionately. I was very close to Chonth in the shell, before we hatched. But now he is at High Reaches, and I am here at Western--but while I’m happy he found His, and I found Mine, I still miss him very much. Even if I worry he will not remember me, I have faith we will have a good reunion. A wistfulness creeps into her voice, for she misses her family, misses her siblings. Yet she doesn’t let it bog her down for long. Even when we feel alone, that no one may be there.. That is often not the case. Even when you might not be able to see the mental sun, friends help you to see the light in the glows.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:41 am
It would have taken everything she had to pull back and away, everything in her small body to try and respond to Khamaith's lovely words of friendship and care, so Etansi chose simply to hang onto the gold for a while longer. Since coming to Western Weyr she had been forced to sleep separate from her brother and once he Impressed, well she couldn't even see him in the same barracks, so the warmth of another body coiled against hers was reassuring in ways that only the feral animal deep inside her could feel. Every night was another barrage of nightmares and torturous dreams as she relived memories of a past she would have gladly forgotten given the opportunity, being alone made them feel as though they lasted even longer than they had before when she could simply have reached out and felt another living being. It was this little gold that had made her feel them all again after she popped a hole in her and asked her simply to open up. Of course it wasn't her fault, it was Etansi's own that she had built such barriers within herself that she used to keep emotions from overcoming her.

Emotions just like these.

Gently her hands reached out and scratched beneath the little gold's jaw gently, still unsure of herself, and with that movement she slowly brought her head to rest gently against her own forehead. Tears leaked down onto Khamaith's forehead but she held on and tested her voice once more. "I don't know what... care... is. But I know what brother's are.. how good they are. Brother's don't forget." At that her voice choked a bit, for they were words that she should have been listening to herself and taking to heart, she was nothing but a hypocrite really. Try again, don't let Khamaith down! "Never had friends... just Erastan. Never needed friends.... but could try?"

Pulling back reluctantly, dark eyes fixed on the dragon's own beautifully glowing ones, Etansi let her eyebrows pull together slowly and she sighed.

"If you want... if you wouldn't.. mind." Etansi started, her face slowly turning a darker shade as all the blood rushed to it and her ears at her words, "Maybe you.. could be the... first?" It couldn't hurt to have a friend, someone to talk to and to relate to. Not that she could fully relate to most of what a dragon was going to go through, but Khamaith felt safe and safety wasn't something that the little thief was used to. Never once in her life had she been 'safe' but Master A'ral had assured her that she was exactly that in Western Weyr and she did have to start somewhere, so why not with the safest being that she could even think of? This gold was more than just safe to her, she was warm and had more than once expressed that she was worried and that she cared, something that was foreign to the small girl who had only grown up with one person and had trusted so infrequently that it was starting to ring true that she trusted no one.

It was a place to start, to begin attempting to do exactly what the candidatemaster had wished her to do, to learn and to feel safe. It would take some time to fully get her legs underneath her when it came to trusting a single soul, but in Khamaith she could already feel the beginnings of it growing and Etansi wanted to learn more, understand herself better and this 'friendship' that everyone always told her about.

Prism Shine

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:25 pm
There’s a concentrated effort to not move too too much while she has Etansi in her care. Little shifts in movement besides slow, steady breaths to be better suited to cuddle, to shield the outside world away while those barriers are down, while the girl in her care feels so open. Barriers weren’t good. They kept people out, they held your emotions at bay. But being protective while someone else needed that soothing barrier? It was the least she could do. She had started this, after all. That sleepy, hot day on the beach, and had sent Etansi running. The girl would do great things, she was sure of it. But how would hers find her if those barriers kept her out?

A gentle thrum echoes from her chest, more vibration than actual sound as Khamaith feels gentle fingers scritch under chin, eyes whirling slowly as she’s forehead-to-forehead. Yet she sent a soft wave of warmth to Etansi as she choked up, like standing at the coast on a warm day and letting the waves lap at your ankles. Soft, gentle. For she wasn’t going anywhere in this instant.

Brothers are good. They don’t forget, nor do they ever really leave, no matter the distance between you and them. She thought of her siblings here at Western, especially that of her little white brother -- and those of her High Reaches siblings. Your brother is as busy as my Ezyzu is, but they are learning many things right now, as are you. Someday you will learn all these things too, even though they are not at the same time. That she was sure. There was greatness in Etansi, even if this wasn’t her moment to shine.

As she pulled away, Khamaith gently did so as well, enough to see Etansi well enough. Yet her words made her hearts grow fonder, a warmth bloom that she happily shared with the other. I would be honored to call you my friend. Every syllable nearly dripped with warmth and affection, like golden honey in the sunlight. She leaned forward, gently nestling her nose against Etansi’s forehead. While she lacked the facial features that humans did, Ezyzu often kissed her forehead in the same manner. Anytime you need me, all you need to do is find me. That’s what friends are for.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:58 am
It was the strangest sensation she had ever felt, a glowing warmth that bubbled up from deep inside of her and nearly choked her from the strength of it. Not choked in a bad way, but in a way that meant she could feel every moment of Khamaith's calming aura and it was dissolving something in her as if it were soap washing away as water poured over it. Slowly her tears stopped and she just held on, not willing to leave, not willing to pull away from the warmth and comfort of this beautiful gold dragon that was her newest and most important... friend. A tear welled up in her left eye as she thought that word and slowly, hesitantly, she leaned over and kissed the end of Khamaith's nose gently. It felt as though maybe it was overstepping her rights as the dragon's friend and not her bonded, but Etansi was always better at expressing herself through motion rather than words and her breath was coming a little roughly so it had taken away her words as the gold accepted her friendship. Something she hadn't expected in the least but had hoped for so strongly.

Hopefully she could keep this friendship and her own horrible personality wouldn't drive the gold away, she'd take all the responsibility for it if that happened of course, but she didn't want to see that be the case. One of her hands reached up to wrap around Khamaith's neck gently and the other was placed over the place she thought a dragon might have their hearts. She had recently learned that dragons had two of them and because of that it sort of made sense to her why they would care so deeply then. They had double the capacity to love with two of them didn't they?

Her throat got inexplicibly dry in that moment and she swallowed as she tried to find the words to acknowledge how wonderful it felt for Khamaith to agree, for her to say 'honored'. Tears spilled down her cheeks bur this time it wasn't from pain or upset, she was happy. It was so strange to feel this way but she actually felt... incredibly happy. Coughing against that feeling as there seemed to be no moisture in her mouth for it, Etansi worked hard to find her words and finally squeaked out, "H.. honored? I'm not... I'll try hard to earn that... I've never had. I don't want to fail you so I'll try really hard." The words came out as a whisper, her fear sliding through them as she was truly worried about failing the little gold who had such good hearts. That much she wouldn't be able to stomach, letting down a person was one thing but a dragon and her first true friend? No.

"I'll try really hard." Etansi tried again, not stammering this time as she finally found the strength behind her words. With a fierceness she pulled her skinny body tight to Khamaith's and hugged her tight, her joyful tears soaking into the gold's skin as she rasped out something that resembled a laugh.

Etansi had a friend... An actual friend that actually cared.

Prism Shine

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out