[FINISH] a brand new remedy [ soui + tsuyat&yudueth Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 3:23 pm
"Hmm." Soui didn't really respond to Tsuyat's initial suggestion of naming the pair, as Yudueth interjected with a proper idea of eating and then naming the babies. That was far more agreeable, at least to her stomach, and Soui gave a proper nod. "I'll give you the honor of carrying them both, Tsu." It was a teasing remark considering just how tightly interlocked the pair had become in his arms, and Soui worried in the back of her mind that maybe they were a bit too heavy. The little tiny lizard had felt like nothing in her arms, but with a head injury like the one her cousin suffered certain things could change.

Stepping aside and starting down the beach, Soui kept looking over her shoulder at the pair nestled in Tsuyat's arms. Part of her couldn't believe that she'd gone behind her family's back and Impressed a firelizard despite the ban that had been placed on her from a young age. Pem was certainly going to be furious and there was a cold fear that it would be taken out on Tsuyat, even if she tried to step in and say it was all her fault. But. But another part of her had no regrets at all. The happiness that echoed in her skull was warm and pure, even if it was weak, and she knew it would only grow stronger with time. And food, but mostly time. It was not a mistake to have the little lizard be with her for the rest of her life, just as it wasn't a mistake to be with Tsuyat and Yudueth as much as she could, or as much as they wanted.

When the pair finally reached the blanket Soui didn't even stop to dust her feet before crawling to get into the basket. Never before had she been so glad for the abundance provided between the two of them, and she eagerly took a bite from a roll as she waited for Tsuyat and Yudueth to catch up. As they did, she extended her arms out in a motion to say she wanted her little bronze back, to comfort and feed him. "Remedy, please."

Was that the name she'd chosen, or just some random words?

Hattaki

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:24 pm
One and then both of his eyebrows lifted at Soui's words of 'honor' though it was completely playful as he already had the honor of being bonded to one of them and the other clearly cared very deeply for his brother, which put them both in high regard. Even Yudueth was leaning his head over to peer down at them through huge blue eyes that were full of interest in the smaller dragon kind. If anything both of them were thrilled to add the lighter colored fire lizard to their small family and he was already making plans in his head to train him up to help with his wingsecond duties in the future, possibly passing messages and sorts of things between himself and his fellows or the wingriders, the possibilities were endless and wonderful. So he really could understand any joy that Soui might have been feeling because he was feeling it himself wholeheartedly, even if it wasn't even in the vicinity of a dragon impression or the feeling he got when he first heard that his aunt and uncle had a baby on the same day he'd Impressed to Yudueth. Those had been special things that he still had locked away.

Trudging back up the beach beside her, not at all bothered by the ball of coiling and snuggling lizard that had come to relax in his arms, Tsuyat wondered exactly how this might affect his cousin that was so restricted in everything she did that her family wouldn't even let her bond to a lizard. Now she had one, there was no going back and certainly no chasing the dark creature away. But their family had a darker side that they often didn't show to anyone but those they disliked and Soui had wound up with the worst of the darkness training her. So help him if Pem tried anything, he'd have him pitched from the Weyr so fast that his head would spin, though that would inevitably mean that Soui would hate him and maybe have to leave, or that his family would hate him even more. As long as she was happy, he didn't care very much about any of the logistics of it all, he would worry about them when they certainly came to pass.

"Remedy eh? Seems a good enough name." Tsu offered to her with a wry smile. Now came the difficult part of trying to figure out which lizard's parts belonged to which and how they were so tangled and how on Pern would he ever break them apart from one another when they were slowly trying to meld together in a rather cute snuggle? Choosing the easiest way out now that she was sitting on the blanket before him, the bronze rider deposited the snuggled lizards into her lap gently and set about pulling things from the basket that he'd been made. Placing a jar of lemonade within Soui's reach and another sandwich as well as some fruit he settled down close by and simply watched her with them to see how she would interact and how they would react to being broken apart here in a few moments.

A heavy presence settled behind him as a solid wall and he found himself leaning back into the small bronze dragon to relax, taking his time to finish his what he was eating slowly before leaning up to grab yet something else. Between the two of them they had certainly brought enough food for the fire lizards and the two humans, for Yudueth showed no interest in any of it having just eaten a few days prior. They make quite a pair, that girl and her dark bronze fire lizard. Are you concerned that something will happen now that we've broken one of her family's cardinal 'rules'? the dragon asked privately, his eyes a light yellow as he fell into his normal pessimistic ways easily, those moments shared only with his beloved rider as he had a precedent to set within his own wing.

Of course I am, but only time will tell what Pem and her family have in store. Am I overly selfish for wanting her to just be happy when they want her to simply be perfect? Kids should be allowed to screw up and do things and break rules after all, she's still growing...

I'm certain it will be fine with time, she knows how much she means to you, surely. Yudueth responded, laying his head across the blanket and into the shade as he watched them with eyes that seemed to indicate he meant wanted to protect his little twin from everything that might happen, as the dragon felt that it was his fault in the moment. Nothing had happened negatively as of yet, but still he couldn't help but pick up on his own rider's worries.

houllow
Let me know if this is better and if not I'll make it normal much bigger size. lol

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 5:53 pm
"Remedy is an excellent name, thank you very much." Soui gave a mock pout in her tone as she rubbed at the stomachs of the two flitters in her arms, careful not to try and pull them apart. She could feel some sort of desperation from the one she called Remedy, his need to be with his brother a weird ache in her head and heart that prevented a tugging. Instead she broke off pieces of her sandwich and fed it to both hatchlings, careful to keep the bits small and her fingers clear; with each swallow her 'Remedy' chirped happily, his body snuggled so close into the other bronze. "Have you thought of a name for yours? I know that firelizards aren't born with names like dragons."

Soui was thankful she'd thought of a name so quickly, but really she'd always had the name in mind for a pet of some kind. She hadn't been allowed a firelizard back home and perhaps hoped for a canine, so the name had settled in her mind and heart from the young age of six or seven. Her parents didn't know of course, nor did any of her relatives; the young girl kept some secrets silent for fear of the end result. There was no keeping this new baby silent though, as he was hers for life.

There was going to be trouble, and the fear....the fear was enough to cause a small amount of distress in the semi-sleeping bronze. His eyes opened wide and whirled red, prompting him to hold tighter to his brother and chirp a series of nervous noises. He looked up at Soui and continued to cry, which in turn made the healer panic like she'd done something wrong.

"?????? What is going on did I do something? I don't know what I did."

Hattaki

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:12 am
Having leaned his head back and closed his eyes, head in the sunlight even though the rest of him was relaxed in the shade, Tsuyat actually had to lift his head to look at her and respond to her statement and question. It was already beginning to calm him down, the full feeling that he could sense coming from good food and from the full belly of the small fire lizard in his cousin's lap that was more than enjoying the food that she was feeding him. While it was odd to think that she was feeding him, since he should have been the one doing that, he wasn't about to break the two lizards apart unless he absolutely had to thanks to the dark one's cling and the anger he had witnessed earlier. He didn't need Soui to be holding onto him if he had another one of those attacks certainly.

"Honestly I think it's a perfect name for him, after watching that reaction you had to bonding with him. But unfortunately I don't know what to name his little pale brother there. I wasn't really expecting to need a name ready." a laugh came from him as he admitted his own surprise to the nest and the way that he'd come to bond with the small thing, having been under the belief that he'd been just a hollow egg with a tunnel snake in it. This wasn't a new feeling to him, just a feeling that was on a much smaller scale than one he'd already experienced, so really it was more for her benefit that the two lizards had been found. If it hadn't been for the violence that the little pale second brother had exhibited he would have ushered Soui forward to bond with him as well, so it was okay that he hadn't been sure. Not to mention he couldn't help but love the little angry thing, since it was becoming clearer that he wasn't so angry as he was protective of his brother and that was simply fine, they were brothers after all.

So in tune were they that the pale bronze fire lizard reacted instantly to his brother's cries and seeming panic by wrapping himself even tighter around him, wings clamping down on him so he couldn't fight and his tail and neck twining with the darker one's. Quietly he hummed, making sure it rolled off of him and against his brother as his eyes flashed different calming blues and greens in an attempt to calm him. With a flash of images, colors and feelings the pale bronze sent an alarm to his new bonded that had Tsuyat sitting up and reaching over to rub his cousin's back gently despite his large hands.

"Ssshhhhhh. Don't react with panic, he's brand new so he needs a constant flow of love and even temper to keep him from crying and feeling nervous. Fire lizards are a lot like dragons in that respect, negative feelings can make them nervous and you'll get a reaction a lot like this." Tsu offered in a quiet voice, keeping it even and his emotions just as relaxed as he was explaining to her to do. This wasn't to the strength that a baby dragon could freak out and panic, but if she could get this down, if she could relax and keep herself feeling level then she would learn quickly what affected Remedy and be able to avoid doing that exact thing. "Think of happy things, you'll have to make yourself do it for the first few days, happy even thoughts. Once he gets a bit older then it won't be as important to always keep your thoughts even, think of it a bit like training, you're training your mind now to learn how to keep it nice and calm in the face of danger or distress, that's exactly what Candidates learn."

That was subtle... Yudueth offered, his eyes rolling a bit as they roiled orange and blue in slight amusement.

Not taking the bait from his dragon, but trying to re-think the purely draconic approach to how she should deal with her fire lizard's sensitive emotions, Tsu kept rubbing her back and looked down at the pale bronze in Soui's lap curiously. Surely it had to be the same idea or else the larger of the two brothers would be panicking because of Remedy's noises and chirps that were taking on a more desperate tone by the moment.

houllow

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:49 pm
"I have no idea what I am doing, and it's....not as exciting as I'd hoped." Soui did her best to follow Tsuyat's guidance and level her thoughts, sending only love and affection down towards the mass of peeping bronze. Everything was going to be okay, she assured her sweet little Remedy, and softly his chirps begin to fade as his eyes moved towards a muter shade of green. Slowly the darker bronze once more nestled against the paler of the two, and the healer apprentice had to raise an eyebrow at how seemingly protective the larger was. He'd moved his head to place over Remedy, as if daring the world to attempt any further harm to his beloved clutchmate.

It was touching and wonderful, and made her love the lizards all the more. In her own opinion, Soui believed this little one was perfect for her cousin. Protective, loving - those were traits that Tsuyat had as well, in spades; Yudueth did as well, and if she were capable of doing more than just telling them both that every day she would. Sometimes words weren't enough, but then again she might be better off with that. (Though if she were to be completely honest, her thoughts needed work too. Remedy's little upset was proof enough of that). Perhaps having a little lizard like this would help her settle her thoughts more and make her better focused. At the very least it couldn't hurt, right?

"Also Tsu....I'm already pretty calm by default. Healers can't show emotion or it scares their patients, right? Though I suppose facial expressions don't count for much when a living being can literally read your heart and mind." It still sounded a little unsettling, but at the back of her mind she could feel what felt like a hand. Warm, loving, soft. Remedy, if she wasn't mistaken, and his affections for her. It was wonderful, far more different than the emotions she often got from Yudueth. A sort of...pure. "You know...yours reminds me of a protector. He's certainly not willing to let go of Remedy any time soon."

Hattaki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:07 pm
Chuckling softly, Tsuyat just continued to rub her back and watch how the lizards in her lap were reacting, keeping his own thoughts nice and warm just as he always had with Yudueth when he'd been a hatchling. With this fire lizard, though slightly protective and certainly grumpy if he was removed from his brother, it was much easier to express those feelings and have love reciprocated. It might take his cousin a chance to get used to how she would have to mellow out her feelings, to keep her inner thoughts as calm as her outer expressions, but he knew that if any were capable of doing so it was her. The pale bronze chirped happily when his brother began to relax and he nuzzled into both Remedy and Soui contently as he gave a hum that turned into a constant noise.

"You do a very good job of keeping your face and your voice very calm, but this is different Soui. Remedy will be able to feel everything that you feel, experience every burst of concern and worry that you do and he'll feed off of it when he's this young. As he gets older, it won't be near that bad, but right now he's very sensitive and any turbulent thoughts you have, any doubts that are in your head, you must dispel them for both yourself and him." Tsuyat offered in a gentle tone, not wanting to worry her or disrupt her calm any more than it had been before.

Blinking down at his bonded fire lizard, the first and only one he'd likely ever have, Tsuyat let a laugh come from him slowly and he reached one finger down to trace the small lizard's back and the patterns on his wings lightly. It was interesting feeling this small bond so wrapped up in the larger one that had become a second sort of skin to him, so much so that he never felt the intensity of it anymore so much as it was just how he lived every day. But with the small fire lizard he could suddenly feel both, separately and at the same time, both different but both strong.

"He'll be a very good protector for his smaller brother I think, he's already showing signs of wanting to keep him save, of trying to preserve those little emotions and all that love." Tsu said quietly as he pulled his hands back. It would have been amazing if both the lizards had bonded with Soui, if she had gotten this experience and gotten to see what it would be like to have the two little personalities mixing slowly in her heart. Someday she might get another one, especially since she had a bronze and they were almost always looking for a golden queen or a green mother to catch in their little frisky flights that happened around the Weyr.

Or if he could find another egg someday.

So what do you think, little twin?

houllow

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:51 pm
"I think Tsu should name his own firelizard, but if you're really wanting my opinion.....I like the name Preserve." Soui's cheeks flushed a little as the firelizard hatchlings in her arms made noise over her name choice, and she wasn't sure if she should take that as an approval or dismissal. "Not a preserve like the food source, but in the manner of protection. To preserve the condition of something, to protect it for the future." Her face grew even redder as Remedy chirped again, allowing his tail to unlink from his brother to wrap about her wrist. That was certainly a sign of approval, as with the feelings of love he was sending, and so if her firelizard liked it hopefully her cousin would as well.

"Do you...like it? I mean, you asked me to think of something on the spot and you know I'm not really spontaneous." If anything, Soui was the exact opposite. She did enjoy going and doing things if someone else suggested, but very seldom did she take the lead in such events. "If...if you don't like it you can think of something better, I just thought it might fit him...." The last half of her sentence was mumbled as the little teen allowed herself to trail off.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:32 am
Chirping loudly upon hearing the word that would become his name, the lightly colored bronze fire lizard nosed at Soui's belly for a moment and then turned shining purple eyes up towards Tsuyat's own nearly black ones with a wash of love. Even Yudueth gave a rumbling laugh at that reaction and he used his forked tail to pat his little twin's back gently in acknowledgement for the name she'd bestowed upon the newborn fire lizard. "It's perfect and it suits him quite well. We'll have to work on training these two so they don't spend all day curled up in your lap in a ball, but we can work on that together if you like? See what each of them needs and what each of their personalities have to offer together." Tsu smiled down at his young cousin before pressing a kiss on the top of her head and her sandwich into her hand. "But for now I think that we came here for a reason that we managed to get away from with all the dramatics. I haven't gotten to spend near enough time with my lovely cousin or heard near enough about the last few turns I haven't seen her."

At that he crossed his arms over his chest and gave her a cheeky grin that was mentally copied by the large bronze at his back. Indeed, new fire lizards, food, and a warm day at the beach means that there should be nothing but laughter and stories. His deep voice rang into each of their heads as he spoke, even in tone and temper as he did so. Had he thought there would be such exciting moments to be had at this beach he might have suggested against it, but it hadn't started of very well as it was. Time to do precisely all of the above while we can, you'll be a candidate soon enough little twin and when that happens we won't get to see one another very often. We should take these moments to have fun.

At the bronze's words Tsuyat actually turned and lifted an eyebrow, swatting his soft hide with a hand as he squelched his own laughter. "This from you? Lord of the pessimistic outlook on life?"

houllow

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:29 pm
"I wouldn't mind them being with me all day though. It's nice to have company." Soui's words were a soft mumble as she affectionately rubbed the little lizards, and a gentle smile kept itself on her lips as the love from Remedy (and a little from Preserve) washed into her mind. Yudueth's affectionate touches helped too, and maybe the temper tantrum from earlier had all but vanished from her memory. Well...not entirely, but enough that she'd look back on it and feel ashamed for sulking when all she'd wanted to do was spend time with her two favorite people on all of Pern. The kiss sort of cemented that she'd need to apologize, but not right this moment. Any sways in her thoughts would be troublesome for the new bond she made, right?

"And - " With the sandwich in her hand, Soui's stomach rumbled again. The noise brought about a faint chirp of agreement from Remedy, who wanted to eat too if he was able, and so the teen decided to take a bite from the meal provided. The little firelizard duo got tiny scraps when they opened their maws to her, with Soui careful to avoid sharp little teeth that wished to n** at her fingers with excitement. "And maybe we can talk later, after this two are settled in? I really do want to talk more about being a candidate, and my Nameday coming up in the future, and - " Apologize for her temper tantrum, mostly. " - and a bunch of other things, but I think, for now, we could just eat and enjoy the company?"

Sometimes silence was best, and Soui hoped her cousin agreed as she continued to eat. Today was a good day, and perhaps the future was going to be even brighter.

Hattaki
and we're done! WEHEHEHEHE another one strikes the dust!

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff