Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[FINISH] a brand new remedy [ soui + tsuyat&yudueth Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:10 am
Confusion settled over him as a tiny face smacked into his back and then suddenly her arms were wrapped around him, words bubbling forth so fast he almost couldn't catch them all. Some of them made him happy, others made him sad, and the last few words out of her mouth broke his heart to bits because he'd always known how his uncle was, always knew that he didn't like him for a reason and could care less for his opinions thanks to that. Who cared if his whole family other than his parents hated him, if Soui still liked to hang around with Yudueth and himself he wouldn't care one bit about any of that, but he had to clear the air of this confusion first.

Even if it was his own confusion that had maybe caused it.

Turning around he let go of Yudueth's head and wrapped both his arms tightly around Soui, making sure to be gentle as he set his chin on the top of her head and closed his eyes. "You can always be yourself around us, that's all we ever really want Soui. Is for you to be yourself and be happy, we love you too." With that statement he pressed a kiss against the top of her head and rubbed her back before pulling back and holding onto her shoulders.

"Listen now, no one out there really loves me like you're thinking. You know I picked up massage craft before I became a rider, right? That I studied at a hall and know how to help people relax? Well, even if your side of our family hates that it helps people just like what you do, just a little bit different. I saw all that blood that my mother works with every day, saw all the pain and suffering but I couldn't do anything to relieve it the way you do so I chose to help ease muscles. Stiff backs and sore shoulders, I trained for turns in it before they picked me to stand and I didn't want to give it up, so I give out massages to a lot of riders and workers that need it. People with tense backs and stress that they've been holding onto for turns in some cases." Tsu looked her square in the eye and made certain to keep that eye contact as he elaborated. "When I do that it relaxes them for the first time in a long time and people react to that in different ways. I had a worker from the lower caverns ask me to marry him the other day, I've had grown men cry with happiness and hug me. And yes, Yudueth can even tell you this himself, lots and lots of people kiss me."

He blushes every time, every single time. It's actually pretty funny. The little bronze was still laying with his head in the sand and eyes a deep gray color, but small sparks of blue danced through them with the memory of it all. The man asking him to marry him had him so flustered that he almost fell over to run away while he was laughing.

"So no one loves me, other than my parents, you and Yudueth. Trust me Soui, you will never have to worry about that and if you ever do you'll be the very first person that I introduce to them, because your opinion matters to me the most. You have to understand that and know it, please." Tsu rubbed both of her shoulders gently and kissed her forehead. "You're Yudueth's twin, that means more to me than anything, has always meant more to me little cousin and it was never with the intent of looking good to our family. So please trust me?"

houllow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:38 am
Soui knew she loved her cousin, and that she loved him quite a bit...but sometimes Soui also knew that Tsuyat was about as dim as a glow left covered. Yudueth was much the same, Soui supposed, but he was a dragon and therefore she couldn't claim to understand how his mind worked and it would have been rude for her to think otherwise. His story about rubbing backs made sense - she was a healer after all and was learning about muscle structure - but the gross exaggerations of people showing their thanks was a bit...much. An eyebrow was raised on the small teen's face, and she debated place a hand on her hip to emphasize her emotions.

She really, really loved Tsuyat but maybe she just had awful taste. Seriously awful taste. Yudueth had to have it worse, seeing as he picked him as a lifemate. Such bad taste.

At least her mood was better!

"You're missing my point, Tsu, but I think that's okay. It's why I love you, and Yudu." She was back to his nickname, not that she'd ever intentionally decided to not use it. It was the equivalent of her mother calling her by name back home, when most everyone had a pet name of sorts for the little healer. "I...sort of think that you not growing up in a holder hall like I did has also skewed your idea of someone asking you to marry you." It was fairly obvious to Soui the man hadn't been serious, or at least she hoped he hadn't. Lots of people often joked about having someone who did something nice for them marry them. "I mean, I've been asked by people to marry them too. Usually after I help with an injury, or bring them something."

A little bit of pink crossed over Soui's face, as she did recall just telling Tsuyat moments earlier that she was one of those who'd want to marry him. Thankfully, like she'd expected, it'd bounced off both her cousin and her dragon and landed miles away. A sad success, but a success none the less.

"And.....and....I'm just...being jealous, I think. About stuff out of my control."

Hattaki

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:07 am
Lifting an eyebrow at her and tilting his head, the older rider had to actually debate what to say back to his younger cousin for those remarks, he knew full well what it meant for joking after all. To his disgust his dragon was actually laughing full on in his head, blue finally slipping back to the main color in his eyes even if the bronze was still a bit sad. Soui hadn't gotten what he'd meant and taken it that he was crackbrained.

Don't you feel like a heel, she thought you were being serious you awkward beast. Yudueth laughed and laughed so much that he actually hummed from it, but his words were for his rider alone despite it. It was the reason that the bronze had picked him, he wasn't the most aggressive man out on the sands and not even when he was in the skies, he got awkward and embarrassed by people hugging him or showing him affection. Clearly his twin had taken that the wrong way and thought he had entertained the marriage proposals. But the little bronze wasn't about to correct her and he knew from the swell of emotion that was going through him, Tsuyat wouldn't correct her either.

"I suppose you're right, after all, you told everyone for turns that you were marrying me when you got older. I can't imagine that your mom found that amusing with how little she thinks of me." He laughed a bit but let the awkward confusion remain because it was easier than attempting to actually explain that he knew those people were joking and he was just... shy about that sort of thing. Plus he really did not want to talk about this sort of thing anymore, didn't want the awkwardness to seep in around them again and ruin it. Opening his mouth to say something more he was suddenly slapped in the back with a bronze tail.

Don't let this one fool you, Soui. He's just shy, he knows that you're jealous, that you had or still have feelings for him and that you would grow out of them. You need to clarify your words sometimes though, in that awkward man's heart you still hate him and that stems from his own pain from your family hating him, everyone but you. Yudueth's tone was steady and didn't betray that he had his own misgivings. You can't say 'I hate this and you, both of you.' and then expect him to take it as anything other than hatred. He won't tell you that, he's sensitive deep down, it's why I picked him. But it's good that you love him for it, despite it all.

Oh yes, Yudueth knew what a temper tantrum was, he had siblings that threw them all the time and was rather glad that he'd grown enough to not deal with them.That didn't mean that he couldn't teach her to acknowledge them, she was his small twin after all. His chuckling was full of mirth though, hoping that she would get the point as his rider side-eyed him from the sitting position that he'd taken.

"What are you telling her Yudu?" There was no emotion in his words at all, just the question.

houllow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:24 pm
Soui's face turned as red as a fruit, and she could feel the tips of her ears burning. It was sort of awkward to actually hear Tsuyat bird-back her comments about wanting to marry him, and if he took all requests seriously did that mean hers was considered too? It caused her mind to temporarily go quiet, as she did mean it when she said she would marry Tsuyat, but only because she really loved him. Not...like the way her parents loved one another, maybe? Or maybe she did? This was a confusing topic and the teen was more than thankful when Yudu slipped casually into her mind.

He didn't really make anything better, and Soui felt like her face was on fire. A feeling which she actually knew, so she was being rather dramatic in assuming so. A hand went to her cheek in an effort to calm or cool or whatever she hoped, and she snapped back at her cousin's question when he ventured an ask. "We're talking about you, Tsu. What else is new in our lives?" Her tone was a fast swing, but the grin on her face indicated she meant no harm. It was all she could do to hide her embarrassment and hope to Faranth that something came along and changed the outcome of the day.

Nothing was going as planned but it was still so much better than being trapped indoors. Yudu was here and making her laugh, Tsuyat was making her laugh too, and her face wasn't stinging from the impact anymore. Her lungs also felt better, and now she wanted to do what they'd come to do. Which was, if she recalled, have a picnic and enjoy being with one another. No more need for sulking, no need for temper tantrums. Tsu and Yudu were here with her and she didn't need to worry about anyone else.

"Also," There was a whine from Soui's stomach, cutting off whatever else she wanted to say. She'd skipped breakfast in an attempt to be early to their meeting spot and it was starting to show. "Also, maybe we could grab a small snack? I think me being upset made me hungry."

Hattaki

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 5:05 am
Amusement flooded through the little bronze dragon when he saw the blush that settled over Soui's face and he couldn't keep the spinning blue and green colors from his eyes. His twin was adorable to him, not just because she was the twin to a dragon while being so very small, but also because she was a very good human and cared about everything. To try and show her that he loved her very much the dragon sent a large wave of love and adoration towards her, sparkles of purple lighting in his eyes amidst the swirls and he lifted himself up to go and head down towards the water once more.

Enjoy that snack there, I'll wait down by the water until you're done, then maybe the three of us can go and explore. laughter was still in his voice as he said it, strides taking him down to the gloriously cool saltwater.

Still glaring at him, Tsuyat heaved a sigh and stood up, rubbing the top of Soui's head as he did so and heading for the picnic basket. "Well we can't let you be hungry, especially since anger and hunger go hand in hand, so let's just relax for a little bit, eh? Yudueth and I don't really have anything new going on in life to be honest, just lots of training and paperwork, but hopefully we can sneak away every once in a while to spend some time with you since you and Pem'll be here for a bit." The rider gave her a wink as he pulled out a jar of lemonade and handed it to her.

Knelt down where he was so that he could look in the basket, Tsu was still completely floored by everything that the woman had sent with him, it almost seemed like a bit too much. Her words about him needing it though, that had him curious. What exactly did the redhead know about the beach today that he didn't know? He'd been taking immaculate notes and knew for certain that there was no thread scheduled to fall over this stretch of beach today, that didn't mean he knew what was in store for him though.

You should both come down here before you eat.... came a sudden thought in his head, the way that Yudueth spoke it came out intensely urgent and Tsuyat was on his feet immediately with a question. Yes, when I say both I mean both of you. Bring the sandwiches and make sure you're slow.

"Well... we might have to wait for a second actually Soui. Yudueth says we need to go down the beach right now." Grabbing a pair of sandwiches he looked up at his cousin and tilted his head in the direction of the bronze dragon. "He says be very slow, so I've got an idea what might be happening and I think this will make today a bit better for you if it's true."

There was really only one reason that he would be told to bring food down the beach slowly and even though he didn't have one himself, Tsuyat had been told exactly how this process worked. Not to mention it was a bit similar to how he'd had to feed his bottomless hole of a hatchling so many years ago.

houllow

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:00 pm
It was easy enough to follow her cousin's lead, and Soui carefully crept behind him and kept her actions soft and slow. Unlike Tsuyat, the little had approximately no idea what was going on, or why he cousin was carrying sandwiches she wasn't allowed to eat at that moment, but it was in her nature to trust the bronzerider pair and so she hoped for the best.

"What exactly did Yudu find?" She allowed herself only one question, careful to keep her voice just barely above a whisper. She could see the bronze stopped directly ahead, and she crept up and debating climbing on him to get a better view of whatever it was that required the sandwiches she slightly was thinking of eating. "Wait, are those....?"

There was no need to climb upon the bronze, for Soui could see exactly what was going on as soon as she was at his side. Poking out of the sand were two small eggs, uncracked but faintly moving, and around the pair the remains of several shells. This was a firelizard nest from the looks of it, and she quickly ran down a list of things inside her head. If they were able to get this close it was likely from a green firelizard, as golds protected their clutches, and if these two eggs remained there was a chance they were duds or had been eaten from the bottom up.

Every inch of Soui wanted to creep closer and see the eggs, maybe even touch one, but the Turns and Turns of her parents forbidding her leaked into her mind like a cloud and stayed her enthusiasm. "What are you going to do about them, if they're alive?" There was no 'us', no 'we'. Soui wasn't going to allow herself the happy thought of perhaps having a firelizard.

Hattaki

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:25 am
Not bothering to answer the whispered question that his cousin posed to him, Tsuyat crept up beside his dragon and leaned on the delicate bronze's leg, peering down at the two slightly wiggling eggs. It would appear that they were still quite living even though there were more than a few reasons why they could be moving in such a way. Not the least of which was tunnel snakes, but he was relaxed in the trust that he shared with Yudueth and knew that should one of the little terrible beasts appeared he would dispatch them quickly. Honestly he didn't believe for one moment that the dragon would have called him over if he believed they were dead though and the sand had been recently disturbed by what appeared to be a tail.

Those are exactly what you think they are, and both of you have a sandwich, so I expect that you both get one. Yudueth's tone brooked no rebuttal or argument as he leveled one eye down on his small twin. He was well aware that her family had forbidden her, on more than one occasion it had come up in conversation with her, not all that long ago even. But there were two eggs here and two humans that he cared very much for, one of the eggs was destined to go to her and there was no way that he would allow her to back away, he even sent the sentiment to his rider.

To which the dragon received a quiet chuckle and a pat by way of acknowledging his words. For certainly he wouldn't allow his cousin to walk away today without a fire lizard that she more than richly deserved too. Maybe if they were lucky it would even be a little gold, though judging from the lack of a hissing and dive bombing tiny gold fire lizard he had a feeling it wouldn't be, they more than protected their nests.

Could still be a bronze or brown though Yudueth mentioned for his rider alone, intentionally keeping Soui out of the conversation lest she argue that she didn't deserve one, something she often did.

Holding out a sandwich for Soui to grab, Tsuyat tilted his head and regarded the more frantic wiggling of one egg, the other still barely moving. "I think that first one is excited to meet you little cousin. Why don't you take this sandwich and move a bit closer to it, see what it has in store for you?" he winked a dark eye at her and motioned to the small nest with his head to indicate that he really wasn't joking. If push came to shove there was a bronze tail that would push her forward towards the egg if it began to crack before she was willing to stop being stubborn.

Family trait after all.

houllow

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:27 pm
Wait, did Tsuyat honestly intended for Soui to get one of the firelizards, provided that the eggs were actually viable? Her face blanched for a few seconds as one of the sandwiches was shoved into her hands, and she considered just shoving it back. "I'm not supposed to. You know I was told I was never allowed to have a firelizard, and even if I'm away from home I shouldn't break the rules." An attempt to take a step back was blocked by her twin and her cousin, and Soui stumbled a bit towards the shaking egg. "I don't want you to get more in trouble." Her concern wasn't as much for herself as it was for Tsuyat, knowing that Pem was far more likely to take his wrath and rage out on the older of the pair. Soui was all too aware of how treasured she was in the family, be it for better or worse, as a result was also faintly aware of outcomes.

However it was too late to turn back, for as soon as she looked at the eggs again one of them sprouted a massive crack. From within the egg came a very tiny creel of worry and pain, and it was followed by a tiny head poking through the broken shell. It was wasn't green or blue or gold, that much was certain, and as it was too dark and Soui too far back she couldn't see any details.

"....it's so tiny." She didn't mean to speak, didn't mean to venture closer. Soui no sooner stopped herself than she was all but upon the egg, peeking down at the tiny hatchling she came to colorize as a baby bronze. It cried at her again, startled and starving, and it was with auto-motions that Soui pulled out the innards of her sandwich and deposited them down the tiny gullet. A few fingertips of meat vanished into the firelizard before the healer came back to her senses and she turned to her cousin. "...I think I accidentally Impressed him. Tsuyat, what did I do?"

Hattaki

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:13 pm
Raising an eyebrow at his smallest cousin, at the only one that really saw him for who he was and cared about him for everything that he wasn't, Tsuyat didn't say a word. There were no words that needed to be spoken between them, he might have been a bit dense but he wasn't a complete idiot. Other than his own mother and father who had long since been distant with his father's side of the family, Soui was the only one that actually defended him and there was a deep swelling of love and respect that he and Yudueth both had for her thanks to that. Never once had they been able to repay the favor, to show her how much they were willing to defend her life and her right to live it how she wanted, for there had always been someone there to keep it from happening. Thanks to his little bronze, the one being that had changed how his family viewed him before they'd even gotten the chance to meet him, there was now an opportunity to repay her for all the times she had spoken up for them.

For all the times she'd cared.

Dark eyes crinkling a bit as he gestured for her to walk closer, the rider watched in silence as the small lizard broke through it's fragile and tiny shell as a bronze. Three hearts leapt in unison upon it's arrival, but there was no way that either himself or Yudueth would hazard cheering or making any sudden movements that might scare the small creature away now when Soui was just so close! Tsuyat willed her with every fiber of his being to do the one thing that made her, her. To help the small creature that was crying right in front of her with hunger and loneliness.

With a heaving breath of satisfaction he saw it happen and leaned against his dragon with pride making him feel as if he were glowing. Soui deserved that small bronze fire lizard and every emotion that it would send her, every picture, every duty it could preform when trained correctly. For once she wouldn't have to live vicariously through Pem's fire lizards and she had one herself.

Lifting his head as way of gesturing her to turn around once more, he offered a quiet "Keep feeding him, the more you feed him the tighter the bond will be. He can eat everything in that sandwich, they aren't quite like dragons, the little scavengers. Go on and make sure he doesn't run."

If you're too sudden he might spook Between, make sure to move slowly and the little thing will come to you. Babies need lots to eat, be they dragon or fire lizard or even human. Yudueth elaborated on his rider's words, intentionally ignoring the depth of what she meant with her words, knowing what she meant. Neither of them cared much for the rules imposed by the overly strict side of Tsuyat's family, let the most beloved daughter have something that would love her back unconditionally without any need for rules and stipulations.

Even though it wasn't a bond as deep as a dragon and their rider, it was one that Soui had been expressly forbidden by her family in a manner that frustrated her much older cousin. Let her have a fire lizard, let her see what a connection with something felt like, what it would mean.

Casting a quick glance to the other egg, Tsu decided that it was probably a dud, as the shell was only wobbling slightly and it appeared to be caused by nothing more than the sand around it shifting. At least Soui got hers, that was all he cared about.

houllow

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:33 pm
The little bronze, from the looks of it, was not going anywhere. Soui followed the advice of her family and kept giving him whatever he wanted, careful still to keep the pieces small and her fingertips away from those little razors the firelizard had for teeth. With each bite and swallow the teen felt something niggling in the back of her mind, a faint feeling unlike anything she'd known before. If she had to compare it, it would be like a stronger version of whenever Yudueth talked to her. Stronger, sharper, and far more only for her.

Was this what they called Impression? It obviously wasn't the pure and raw level that a candidate felt when selected by their dragon, as she'd heard so many stories of that she knew some by heart, but it had to be close. The bronze baby was looking at her with small eyes whirling a lovely rainbow hue, and for the first time in all her life, Soui felt a level of love that wasn't....human. That wasn't family, that was more primal and base.

She'd Impressed a firelizard.

". . . . . .Ah." Soui did her best to wipe away any tears that might be falling down her cheeks, and she extended her hand to the little bronze. It creeled and shook the shell off the rest of its body before climbing out, and his tiny claws softly hooked to her hand and arm as he crawled on to her. He continued to cry until he reached her shoulder, a tiny little bronze head pressed into her cheek. "He's so happy."

Hattaki
she's tryin not to sob but it's happening

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:48 pm
Pride swelled up inside of him when he saw how easily she could feed that little fire lizard. She was already a pro at it, which of course made him wonder if Pem had her taking care of his lizards for him, but that didn't matter in this moment because now she had her own fire lizard all for herself. Watching the look on her face carefully, always ready to reach out if she needed him to even though he was certain that she would make a great bonded for the little bronze, Tsuyat couldn't help but feel nothing but happiness for her. Deep down he knew that it would never be the same as Impressing to a dragon, but a bond with a fire lizard had been explained to him before by someone that had gotten one well before they'd Impressed to a dragon and for them it had been extraordinary.

Soui deserved something extraordinary for sure.

"Well he just met his lifemate, why wouldn't he be happy?" Tsu offered up gently, a smile still set on his face as he watched the interactions. So far it was proving to be quite the sweet little lizard and not at all a spitfire that would run about angrily and possibly hurt Soui. Gentle was best, especially for her very first one, though there would hopefully be others to come and maybe even a dragon in her future. He still really wanted her to consider it, even if she didn't think that she could do it, one never knew what waited for them out there on the sands after all. It was her decision though.

A stray thought entered his mind through his dragon and the bronze tilted his head towards the last egg that had started to wobble more violently. His movements were slow, still worried that he might startle off Soui's new lifemate, but they were deliberate as he stepped forward and put himself between his cousin and the other egg. It might have been a tunnelsnake that was coming up through there and in no way was he about to let her get hurt by one of those and even less was he going to allow her new little bonded fire lizard to be bitten or hurt in any way. He'd gotten bitten by tunnelsnakes before and his bronze dragon would likely get it before he even had the chance to react anyway.

"Be very slow and careful Soui, but I need to to back up. I think that other egg might be a dud and if there's a tunnelsnake in there..." Tsuyat trailed off at the end, not wanting to scare her too much but he needed her to understand why he was asking it of her. Nothing was going to ruin his cousin's happiness in this moment if he had any way to stop it.

houllow

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:21 pm
With the firelizard secure on her arm and his tiny claws holding fast into her skin, Soui gave a nod to her cousin's instructions and carefully backed up towards Yudu. The bronze would protect her if whatever Tsuyat was worried over managed to get past, but she still kept her calm in an effort not to upset the nervous baby that peeped in her ear. Slowly, carefully, she backed away until the warmth from Yudu's body seeped into her back, and the little teen looked up to let him know she was there and was safe. "We're clear, Tsu."

She'd never seen a tunnelsnake before, at least not one up close. The firelizard at the Healer Hall kept them quite under control, and even during her time at the Weyr she hadn't actually stumbled across one. The tunnelsnake at the hatching had been from a distance too, and she she swallowed with a hint of nerves. If worse came to worse she knew how to treat a bite and she was smart enough to bring some supplies with her in her picnic basket.

Which, of course, was further down the beach. Soui knew she could trust Tsuyat to take care of himself though and thus she watched and waited. The little bronze on her shoulder casually nibbled at her earlobe, still hungry, and so she tore some bread away to let him chew on.

Hattaki

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:16 pm
Steeled as he was for a tunnelsnake to come erupting from the empty shell of the egg, ready for anything that it might give him in way of a fight that would possibly hurt either himself or his cousin so far behind him, there was one thing that Tsuyat was not at all ready for. With a sudden and abrupt shudder the egg shattered into a dozen pieces and a shrieking fire lizard came shooting from it, not at all restricted by damp wings or the fear that usually came from just hatching. No this fire lizard was angry for some reason and it latched itself onto the rider's head with a creeling scream and eyes swirling red as it looked around and around for something that it couldn't quite find. Clearly it was angry for some unknown reason, the little beast's eyes told him that well enough, but there was precisely zero chance that he was going to let this little bronze keep scratching his head and possibly fly off towards Soui and her own little lizard.

Before his dragon could rumble at it, and he could tell that he really wanted to, Tsu reached up and pinned the little one's wings to it's body, ignoring the scrabbling as he pulled it off his head and stuffed a piece of meat in the hissing mouth. Luckily it hadn't popped Between just from that motion, but with his head scratched and bleeding slightly he was less than amused by it's temperament in this moment and the second it had it's mouth free he stuffed another piece of the sandwich down it's gullet. Not forceful or cruel but certainly firm and not about to take any backtalk from a lizard that weighed as much as one of his boots, the rider kept feeding it over and over until the hissing finally stopped.

Once it had though he was drawing a blank. Of course he knew what an Impression was, to a dragon. This was a fire lizard the most that a rider would ever consider it would be a bond, as it wasn't nearly as deep as the connection that he shared with Yudueth by any means. In reality it hadn't even dawned on him what he was doing in that moment, hadn't at all meant for himself to bond with a fire lizard in quite this style, but it was no longer screaming and hissing at him, so at least he could take a moment and thank the stars for that. What was left lying in the crook of his arm, wings still pinned and belly bulging from eating nearly an entire sandwich before it's fussing had stopped, was a blue eyed lizard that was looking between him and his cousin. Which was odd in itself, or at least the manner in which the tiny thing was doing it; tilting it's head back all the way until it was looking straight at Soui, the lizard's eyes turned purple and then swirled back to tiny blue dots again when he would look back at Tsu.

I believe it's looking over at it's darker clutch mate and not really Soui. It's possible that was the cause of it's irate mood earlier, not knowing where the last of it's clutch had gone to. Maybe it fancies itself a protector? Yudueth offered, his tone mellow as he knew that the lizard would pick up on his movements and voice even if he were projecting them in one place. Odd that it would know that his brother was still here though, maybe he could sense it?

Tsuyat debated what it must be like to have a sibling as his mother had never been able to have another child and for all that she claimed he was enough he knew that she wanted more. In reality Yudueth was the closest thing that he had to a sibling and Soui a very close second, though he had been discouraged from spending much time with her as she'd gotten older even if they'd spent a lot together when she was very small. Despite being at the same Weyr that his clutchmates had stayed at and having the opportunity to be in contact with them the small bronze had shown very little interest in dealing with any of his own siblings and that seemed to be the end of any attempts Tsu might make.

So it seemed only fitting then...

"Well, I think the worst is over then. You want to see this little guy Soui? He can't do anything right now and he seems pretty mellow now that he knows where his brother is." Tsuyat said calmly, lifting his head to look over at her with a wry smile on his face. At least the little thing wasn't scratching him anymore now that there was a bond there, though it was weak at the moment.

houllow

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:34 pm
While Soui was super relieved that it hadn't been a tunnelsnake and had instead been another firelizard, she wasn't exactly sure she felt happiness at how it'd clawed into Tuyat's head with pinprick claws that could draw blood. Her cousin seemed to handle it well for the most part, as did her twin behind her, and soon the hissing stopped and she softly assumed that Tsuyat had gone on to Impress the little thing. The firelizard that clung to her shoulder seemed to come to the same conclusion, and it peeked a bit from where he'd smashed himself against the flesh of her neck.

Tsuyat's offer of meeting his new friend was gladly accepted, and the teen carefully made her way over to get a look. "He's much lighter and much bigger than my little guy. I'm really glad they both made it out and there wasn't a tunnselsnake after all." Soui leaned in to look at Tsuyat's bronze, and her motion was repeated by her own. The smaller firelizard chirped at his brother and whirled his eyes purple, apparently very happy in everything that was going on despite the death grip he had on Soui's flesh. Her tiny baby moved ever so slightly until he was turned and ready, an action that had him pouncing onto Tsuyat and moving to lay atop his brother.

It was actually rather touching, and it prompted an uncharacteristic coo from the teenager. There was a weird feeling in the back of her head, of contentment and joy and happiness, and she wondered if that was all thanks to this new (but still faintly shaky) bond. "We should get back to our baskets, so I can take a look at your head, Tsu. Also my shoulder, from the feel of it." A glance to her arm proved she did have some faint scratches, though nothing as serious as her cousin. "Plus I'm still hungry, and I think the babies are too. Or is that extra pang I feel just me?"

Hattaki

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 11:02 pm
Holding him up a bit further for Soui to see, Tsuyat couldn't help but give a grin, knowing full well that bronze fire lizards and bronze dragons could come in every shade available. He'd seen some at past Western hatchings that had even been so bright or so dark as to be red in color with their intensity, he was lucky that Yudueth was almost a solid color other than his markings and the dragon was nearly as bright as a queen himself. Though he was far to tiny and far too brass colored to have been considered so in the long run, but it made his rider amused all the same. This little lizard was very pale, he could have been a brown almost if he didn't see the glimmering shine to his skin and the purple-ish hue that bled from the center of his wings outward. Just looking at him made the rider smile and it only got wider as Soui's fire lizard climbed into his arms as well.

"He does seem rather light in color doesn't he? I almost thought he was a brown until I saw that shine, but it's fitting that both of them came out bronze with a bronze dragon standing guard over them, isn't it?" Tsu offered, running his hands over both of them in a relaxing manner, hoping that it calmed either one down as he'd seen how fearful the smaller of the two had been upon entering the world. "I think these two will likely be joined at the hip in some manner, seems that's what all the fuss was about when the big guy came into the world."

It dawned on him rather suddenly that he was using physical descriptors for the fire lizards that he held in his arms and that wouldn't do at all. "Do you have any ideas on what we should name them, Soui? We can't just keep describing them as small or large, and dark or light." his laughter was gentle, knowing that it might spook one or both of them away if he belted out too strong a chuckle. It was a learning experience for both of the cousins though, as Tsuyat himself had never had a fire lizard in his life and his dragon had come to join the ranks of Pern's dragons with a name already set in stone and a very obvious character about him. These little lizards on the other hand, he couldn't quite get a handle on them, whether or not they were going to change as they grew older and their temperaments shift was a mystery to him that even Yudueth couldn't answer for him.

Only time would tell after all, though the small bronze dragon kept insisting that they were flighty creatures that were already proving to be just as similar to the wild fairs as he had anticipated.

As both of you are experiencing hunger and both of you have scratches from those tiny fish-hooks that fire lizards call claws, why don't we do as Soui says and go back to the blanket so that we can recoup and you can come up with a name there for the two things? Yudueth's tone didn't really brook an argument though Tsuyat might have thought of running a hand up his nose and telling him to take it a bit easier on the two lizards, as one was about to become part of their family.

Just as he thought it the large bronze fire lizard shifted a bit and wrapped it's arms and legs around it's brother, nuzzling at his head and giving a happy peeping noise that had to at least somewhat indicate happiness, as if his purple eyes didn't give that away entirely. It was absolutely correct to assume that he had been searching for his brother, for his egg had been leaned up against the other's and he had worried for so long in the dark all alone. Flashing images that seemed to at least halfway convey his happiness flickered through Tsuyat's mind and he smiled down at the pair lounging in his arms so casually. One had waited a very long time to meet the other, or maybe both had, he wasn't sure. But at least they'd found a way to bond to two humans that would be content with allowing them time to be together. He hoped anyway.

houllow

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces