HQ for the B/C Shop "Tendaji" 

Tags: Roleplay, Tendaji, B/C Shop 

Reply ◈ Archives
[FIN] The Painted Egg - (Briel/Scylla) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Painted Moose rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:33 am
The Painted Egg
Prompt 1

Solo or RP Format
Counts as 5 RP growth Points
Solo word minimum is 750, RP post minimum is 7

Spring has arrived in Tendaji; in most places flowers were blooming while others might only see a slight temperature increase. The weather was nice so you decide to take a stroll. As you leave town and enter a small clearing, you notice strange colorful dots all throughout the grass.

"Oh stop right there!"

Freezing, you stop with your foot hovering just a breath above the grass and then as you slowly take one step backwards you notice that something colorful had been nestled against the ground. What was this? A Gaein girl comes forward and offers a big smile, "Thank you for stopping! You nearly crushed the egg." From there she explains that the whole field is full of colorful eggs that she had spread out for the villagers to find. Apparently in Belrea this time of year is a time for festivities and one of their most popular games is finding brightly dyed eggs that children create with their parents who later hide them away. As a member of the Academy she had been granted permission to come and share this knowledge with those in Tendaji and so offers to allow you to play with those already shifting through the wide expanse of fields.

[ Roll a 1d20 to determine what happens during your hunt!]
1. You are reaching out for an egg when it suddenly floats away! What in the? But then you notice wings behind it. A sprite is trying to steal your egg away!
2. You find a total of 8, totally normal, painted eggs!
3. You pick up what appears to be an egg but doesn't have the same weight a normal egg should have and you notice a line down the center. As you pull the two halves apart, a strange vial [an eye of the goddess] falls out!
4. You find a total of 2, totally normal, painted eggs!
5. You pick up an egg but later begin to smell something foul coming from your bag, it seems that you picked up a rotten egg!
6. You feel a bit competitive and run around as fast as you can to collect every egg, too bad a little boy just left with a basket full!
7. Oh no, watch your step! You accidentally step on and break an egg!
8. You find a total of 10, totally normal, painted eggs!
9. You find an extra large egg hidden in some tall grass. Later, it hatches into a Xaraan!
10. You're a little late to the party, all the younglings have already gathered all the eggs before you even got a chance, how sad!
11. You find a total of 5, totally normal, painted eggs!.
12. You hear a quiet scratching noise coming from a slightly larger painted egg you just picked up. It later hatches into a Sailscale!
13. You find a total of 1, totally normal, painted egg!
14. As you're walking, you hear a strange noise coming from the bushes. A keldari pops out at you! Whether you get startled or just shoo it away, a few eggs fall out of your basket and crack as they hit the ground.
15. You find a total of 3, totally normal, painted eggs!
16. You're walking towards a particular egg when you feel something beneath your foot as you take a step. Whew! Close call, you move your foot and the egg remains unharmed and you add it to your basket!
17. You find a total of 15, totally normal, painted eggs!
18. You feel your basket start to wiggle a bit and then hear giggling. As you look down, you see a youngling taking your eggs! They make off with 4 of your eggs before you have a chance to stop them!
19. You find an unpainted egg. Figuring it's not a part of the egg hunt, you leave it alone and continue on.
20. It seems that something is weird about one of the eggs you've picked up. As you stare at it the egg begins to wobble and even glows from the inside?! It later hatches into a Sitara!

Cornetified rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:55 pm
Briel's roll~  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:52 pm
[1/7]

Valmon was all in a tizzy thanks to the arrival of Spring.

Scylla had spent the better part of her morning dancing from shop after shop, chasing her sister' and their whims, until finally she allowed herself to drop back. As much as Scylla enjoyed the new season's fashions, she couldn't stand to spend this much time fawning over them. After the purchase of a couple pieces the teenager was ready to call it a day, though her sisters....well, they planned to make a week out of it.

At the time the gaggle of hybrid girls had drawn enough attention to make her uncomfortable, though now she was afforded a moment to breath. Scylla, on her own, was a sight in darker colors, but at least she wasn't loud. That in itself meant she could breath and it's what carried her to a little grassy area near the edge of the city. It was the perfect place for the inventors of Belrea to snack and plan in peace, so she thought it might-

What are-?

Even as she noticed the array of colored eggs Scylla was already being harassed by a Gaein girl. Of course she knew what an egg hunt was, what Belrean didn't? She just hadn't thought such a thing would be happening now, of all times. It was in that moment that she noticed there wasn't actually anyone on the grass, just yet; rather, a gaggle of children and adults alike were spaced out along the edges, all as excited for the hunt as any other.

"Come play with us!"

"Oh, I really shouldn't."

"Here, you can have my basket!"

"I don't want to-

Scylla barely had a moment to breath before a basket was being shoved into her hands and her bags were being taken away.

"I'll hold onto these. You go have fun!"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:49 pm
Briel had been romping about the field for a while now, enjoying playing with the younglings. He was also adding to the selection hidden for others to find, requested to help set up the scene. However, his additions had been colored to blend in, or had been carefully emptied and filled with mud. It was all in good fun!

He looked up at the latest arrival the kids were making a fuss over. ........Cute! "They're insistent little buggers, aren't they," he mused to the girl with a smirk, hooking his thumb to gesture at the youths eagerly waiting.  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:18 pm
Cornetified

Scylla was still reeling from the flurry of activity when yet another voice was added into the mix. The teen took a deep breath in through her nose, and released with a steady, calming exhale before looking at him properly. It wouldn't do to see unkempt, especially when she didn't have to.

A lightning boy, with some of the curliest hair she'd ever seen, with a smirk on his face that made him look....well, proud of himself, never the less. Was he just waiting on some girl to snatch up? "They're rude." He seemed like the sort to be happy for stupid reasons, which wasn't high on Scylla's list of potential allies in this. Her eyes scanned past him, watching as the children seemed to be on edge for all of a second before someone blew a horn and they shot off like rockets.

If the sudden flight of younglings wasn't enough to surprise her, the flurry of activity around her own skirts spooked Scylla. Kids were shoving past the two of them, eager to get to the field first, and subsequently Scylla was shoved into the lightning boy.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:48 pm
Briel waited with his usual smirk, watching the girl reign herself in. Interesting~ "Rude? Eh, yeah, guess you could look at it that way," he mused. It was a fine line with children between rude and pushy.

Though, pushy was rather accurate as the youths shot off at the call of the horn. He wobbled to keep his balance, gasping as he was jostled about and thankful that he was fairly well-trained with his balance. "Woah!" he turned and grabbed the other prentice's arms to steady her, not hesitating to pull her a little closer to him as well. "Easy there!" he hollered after the younglings, shaking his head. "You good?" he asked the girl with a bright smile. "Name's Briel, by the way. What's yours? I bet it's as pretty as you are~"

Painted Moose

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:44 pm
Cornetified

[3/7]

Scylla barely noticed the contact at first, and it wasn't until she was pulled in tight that she stiffened. What in the-?! After her initial shock wore away, Scylla reached out to grasp his upper arm in a good, solid pinch before twisting. It was enough of a 'strike' to satisfy her, and once done, the teen pushed away from him.

"My name is Miss Aberswith, and you'll do well to keep your flattery to yourself, Briel." The polite way to thank someone would have been to simply say so, but...she'd felt that his little moment of 'flirtation' was well worth a pinch.

She gave him a pointed look, her bi-colored eyes looking at him harshly before moving out onto the grass. "If we're going to do this then we'd best get started. Otherwise those runts are going to take all the eggs." Scylla paused a moment to look over her shoulder, and give him another hard gaze. "Are you coming?"

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:56 pm
Muffling a sharp yelp, Briel quickly encouraged the girl's away movement and rubbed at his arm. Well, that was unexpected. Ouch. "Okay, Miss Abs. I'll keep that in mind." ...Probably not, but he would try to for a little while at least. After all, he didn't want another pinch. Dang, that girl was all kinds of cold... Interesting.

His brow cocked when the mood seemed to shift, his eyes flicking back and forth from girl to grass. What..? She wanted him to come along? "Well, I guess I can't say no to such a heartfelt request," he said with a shrug and catching up with a little skip. Maybe he would stop her if she tried to grab the bad eggs. ..Maybe.

Painted Moose

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:06 pm
Cornetified

[4/7]

"Aberswith." She corrected. What was he, deaf? Or just ignorant? Scylla shook her head and kept her eyes forward, searching throughout the lawn for suitable eggs. She didn't want any that had been out too long, none that had begun to smell, or even any with an over abundance of paint...in short, Scylla wanted absolutely nothing to do with the current batch but what choice did she have?

"Ah! There, there!" She pointed to a grouping of eggs and moved forward, determined just to get her egg to end it all. Scylla snatched up her skirts, intent on making it across the lawn as fast as possible when a little brat got there first. Why were they so fast?! Ah, yes, that was right, they didn't have to maneuver over grass in heeled boots.

"It's like they're taunting me."

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:14 pm
Briel only grinned at the repeated name. How cute. He took a moment to look the girl over. A bit proper, but some spark as well. Indeed those skirts were not exactly meant for tromping about the grass. Adorable to watch her bouncing about... Eh? Oh. Trying to keep his face straight, he sauntered over to angle away from the young ones. "There might be a couple free eggs over this way. Maybe. If we look hard enough."

Painted Moose

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:38 pm
Cornetified

[5/7]

While it wasn't much to go on, the tip was certainly more than what Scylla had at the moment. So, taking her chances, the teen meandered her way across the grass, following Briel's vague directions. She bent at the waist, holding her skirts just above the ankle as she did so to search. It shouldn't be this hard....and lo and behold, there nestled among the grass, was a small pink egg!

She dipped down and snatched it up before any of the little buggers had a chance!

"There! Got one." Scylla brushed the offending egg off on her dark skirt, and slipped the speckled object into her basket.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:04 pm
Pleased to see his suggestion being taken, Briel sauntered after the young lady slowly. "There ya go!" he encouraged. Seeing as how he had been around when the eggs were placed, he didn't want to take too much from the more innocent participants. Of course, that didn't mean that he wasn't going to play at all. He would just stick to the eggs he hadn't placed. "I wouldn't be surprised if they hid more over in that patch with the bright flowers~" he mused out loud oh-so casually, smirking as he bent to pluck up a yellow and blue striped egg from a tall patch. "Good camouflage."

Painted Moose

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:09 pm
Cornetified

Scylla couldn't help it; she grinned.

It was such an unusual reaction for her that it kind of took her by surprise, but it felt natural, all the same. "Seems like whoever hid them this year was being particularly mischievous. "

Still, looking over to the taller grass caused Scylla to simply shake her head. "I've had my fill; I came out here to relax, anyway, and there's too much energy for that. I think I'll take my egg and call it a day." Not really the type to do things so...publicly for so long, this seemed an easy enough out for the teenager. Still, it had been...nice, enough.

Scylla plucked her egg out of the basket and held the empty container up to Briel. "You should focus on someone else, Briel; I wouldn't want to waste your afternoon."

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:32 pm
The tease made Briel's own grin widen. "Yeah. Some tricky egg hiders around here," he replied with a chuckle.

Briel couldn't help his grin falling a little. She was done already; with only one egg? "Well, if you're sure," he pouted, accepting the basket. He had already found eight, and she was good with one? Well, at least she had given it a chance. "I assure you, Miss Aberswith, that I doubt an evening spent with you would be any sort of waste." A quick wink was followed by a polite bow. It had been short, but amusing and fun to watch the girl hunt about for the egg.

Painted Moose

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:48 am
Cornetified
Last for Scylla

[7/7]

"Very much so, thank you." She tried to say it as polite as possible, but honestly, this just wasn't an activity for someone like her. There were too many eyes, too much activity and it was just...a little overwhelmingly...wholesome.

"Flatterer." The teen smirked, and stepped away from the bowing fop of a man to retrieve her things. Curiosity had her looking over her shoulder towards him before leaving, however; a morbid sort, like when one looks at something they know they shouldn't. "Maybe next time you'll even tell me your last name."

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff