HQ for the B/C Shop "Tendaji" 

Tags: Roleplay, Tendaji, B/C Shop 

Reply ◈ Archives
[FIN] The Painted Egg - (Eurig/Urosangylea) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Painted Moose rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:29 am
The Painted Egg
Prompt 1

Solo or RP Format
Counts as 5 RP growth Points
Solo word minimum is 750, RP post minimum is 7

Spring has arrived in Tendaji; in most places flowers were blooming while others might only see a slight temperature increase. The weather was nice so you decide to take a stroll. As you leave town and enter a small clearing, you notice strange colorful dots all throughout the grass.

"Oh stop right there!"

Freezing, you stop with your foot hovering just a breath above the grass and then as you slowly take one step backwards you notice that something colorful had been nestled against the ground. What was this? A Gaein girl comes forward and offers a big smile, "Thank you for stopping! You nearly crushed the egg." From there she explains that the whole field is full of colorful eggs that she had spread out for the villagers to find. Apparently in Belrea this time of year is a time for festivities and one of their most popular games is finding brightly dyed eggs that children create with their parents who later hide them away. As a member of the Academy she had been granted permission to come and share this knowledge with those in Tendaji and so offers to allow you to play with those already shifting through the wide expanse of fields.

[ Roll a 1d20 to determine what happens during your hunt!]
1. You are reaching out for an egg when it suddenly floats away! What in the? But then you notice wings behind it. A sprite is trying to steal your egg away!
2. You find a total of 8, totally normal, painted eggs!
3. You pick up what appears to be an egg but doesn't have the same weight a normal egg should have and you notice a line down the center. As you pull the two halves apart, a strange vial [an eye of the goddess] falls out!
4. You find a total of 2, totally normal, painted eggs!
5. You pick up an egg but later begin to smell something foul coming from your bag, it seems that you picked up a rotten egg!
6. You feel a bit competitive and run around as fast as you can to collect every egg, too bad a little boy just left with a basket full!
7. Oh no, watch your step! You accidentally step on and break an egg!
8. You find a total of 10, totally normal, painted eggs!
9. You find an extra large egg hidden in some tall grass. Later, it hatches into a Xaraan!
10. You're a little late to the party, all the younglings have already gathered all the eggs before you even got a chance, how sad!
11. You find a total of 5, totally normal, painted eggs!.
12. You hear a quiet scratching noise coming from a slightly larger painted egg you just picked up. It later hatches into a Sailscale!
13. You find a total of 1, totally normal, painted egg!
14. As you're walking, you hear a strange noise coming from the bushes. A keldari pops out at you! Whether you get startled or just shoo it away, a few eggs fall out of your basket and crack as they hit the ground.
15. You find a total of 3, totally normal, painted eggs!
16. You're walking towards a particular egg when you feel something beneath your foot as you take a step. Whew! Close call, you move your foot and the egg remains unharmed and you add it to your basket!
17. You find a total of 15, totally normal, painted eggs!
18. You feel your basket start to wiggle a bit and then hear giggling. As you look down, you see a youngling taking your eggs! They make off with 4 of your eggs before you have a chance to stop them!
19. You find an unpainted egg. Figuring it's not a part of the egg hunt, you leave it alone and continue on.
20. It seems that something is weird about one of the eggs you've picked up. As you stare at it the egg begins to wobble and even glows from the inside?! It later hatches into a Sitara!

Cornetified rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:53 pm
Urosangylea's roll~  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:27 pm
[1/7]

Spring was among Eurig's favorite seasons.

He adored the way the candy colored grass in Tale seemed to thrum with new life, and the air always seemed to smell so sweet. It wasn't as obvious a change here as it was in some of the more lush areas of Tendaji, his home in Jauhar for one, but Eurig found the subtle changes to be all the more splendid. The ground was warmer beneath his feet, the stones a little looser, and even now, his father was smiling. As per the norm, his father had a bit of a 'reclusive' nature, meaning that while he was genuinely a very happy person he rarely smiled. Eurig knew his moods well enough to be able to look past it, but sometimes, just seeing him so freely grinning under the warm sun was enough to life his spirits.

While his father discussed some things with his friends, Eurig took a step back and meandered closer to a clearing. He hadn't meant to leave his father's side that day; he rarely, if ever, did something so bold and yet...well, he was Ujana's son, after all. He couldn't bare to stand still and while patience did yield focus it wasn't always on the forefront of the teenagers mind.

All at once a stranger was yelling at him to stop and he froze, one foot half raised above an...egg? Eurig craned his head, canting it to the side to see what it was before guiltily pulling himself back. He wasn't any good with girls anymore; couldn't look at them, much less talk to one, without his voice cracking. So, while she explained the whole process of hunting eggs, where she was from and all that....Eurig just tried to zone out. It was impolite, but if he looked at her dead on that would come off as creepy too, and there really wasn't a way to look at her without thinking of how pretty she was-

"You should give it a try!" She chirped, breaking him from his stupor. All at once she was smiling and darting off to talk to a few others, leaving Eurig more than a little stunned.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:00 pm
Uro walked along the path with her head tipped back and her face open to the sun. Considering the more common rain, these days of warm sunlight were to be savored. The natural energy that the sun granted her would last the rest of the day!

Someone yelling made her freeze though, and she looked over with wide eyes. Oh, that was a lovely shade of green hair! Her own foot seemed to have been poised over an egg, and she bent to look closer at it. It.. seemed to simply be a painted egg. "I am to collect these, then?" she asked, delighted by the other's energy. She plucked up the egg without hesitation and began the stroll to see what more she could find. Walking by a young man, she gave him a friendly smile. "Are you also collecting these eggs?"  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:07 pm
Cornetified

"Oh, um, I think I am." He clutched his basket speculatively, as if at any moment he would be perfectly okay to be relieved from duty. Eurig had been pondering the whole thing for longer than he thought, it seemed, to not have noticed a girl getting so close to him. He'd never seen anyone with that many facial crystals in his life, and the longer he stared the darker his cheeks became. It wasn't polite to gawk like that; especially not when he found he rather liked them, and didn't want her to get the wrong idea and-

She was smiling at him.

"D-do you want to hunt them? I mean, together? With me?" It was quite possibly the sloppiest string of words he'd ever assembled, but the earnest wish was there, never the less.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:02 pm
Cocking her head slightly, Uro just stared right back at the curious boy. He seemed quite flustered about something, but even she couldn't think of what she would have done to upset his equilibrium. At least he didn't give off any sad or angry aura. The question made her smile grow brighter. "I would be happy to hunt for them with you!" she assured, taking a step closer to show off her little basket. "I only have the one so far though. Do you have very many?"

Painted Moose

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:20 pm
Cornetified

"No, I....actually, I don't have any. I haven't started yet."

After all, he'd barely been inducted into the program before meeting her. Not that he expected this girl to know that; he just...well, if anything, Eurig wished he had more to show. Maybe something to impress her with? Not that it really mattered, it wasn't as if it was likely to change anything, and maybe she wouldn't care if his basket wasn't as full as others-

Stepping forward into the grass, Eurig gave her a soft, if nervous, smile. "There are some over here that haven't been claimed yet. I don't see any kids running for them, so we could-" Almost as if they'd heard him, a group of children ran for the area infront of him, laughing and chattering the whole time. "....nevermind."

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:31 pm
Uro smiled sweetly and nodded. "We both are started fresh then. I only have this one due to almost stepping on it. The girl over there was kind enough to point it out and let me have it despite her seeing it first." She looked around for another egg to find, lips pursing slightly as the collection the was pointed out was quickly swarmed.

Smirking lightly, she touched a hand to the other teen's arm lightly. "Come on. We will find more elsewhere," she encouraged. She aimed for a section of longer grasses and a cluster of trees. It didn't look like too many younglings were shuffling around there. "By the way, my name is Urosangylea! What is yours?"

Painted Moose

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:59 pm
Cornetified

[4/7]

Eurig turned towards the hand on his arm, then let his eyes drift up her arm and to her face. She was a very relaxed person; someone he wasn't yet experienced with and Eurig found himself at a loss. He was used to far more assertive woman, even flirtatious ones, but someone so...chill? Any other girl, his own blood included, would have been huffy over having their clutch stolen or would be actively working her way in.

It was kind of nice to be surprised, and that in itself made him far more flustered.

"Euri," He answered easily, looking down at the grass before catching himself, "Uh, sorry, I mean it's Eurig. Euri's a nickname. You can call me Euri if you want." Deciding it might be better just to bury his face, the teenager stooped over and started his search in earnest. At first he worried the area was another bust, but then....Eurig saw a strange looking egg. It was...definitely weird, and when he reached out to touch it something moved inside.

"Hey, uh...can you come look at this? Are we supposed to be picking these up?" If it's mother was nearby he didn't want to touch it, but...

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:16 pm
"There is no need to apologize, Euri, or Eurig," Uro mused for a moment. "If you are certain, I would be happy to call your nickname. If you wish, you may call me Uro. I suppose it is a little easier than my full name."

Brow rising at the call for attention, Uro knelt down to get a look as well. "Well.. this is an egg hunt, and this is an egg. Perhaps she intended for this as well?" When she reached to touch the egg Eruig had found, her hand brushed aside a bit of grass to reveal another egg. "Oh, look! It's a set!" Her fingers gently brushed along the second egg. The life inside was relatively calm, and waiting for its time to be free. "I do not recognize what they are, though, and there should be a parent nearby to defend them... from what I hear..." Pushing that aside, she looked at Eurig intently. "What do you think, Euri? I would hate to leave them behind if their parent has left them."

Painted Moose

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:53 pm
Cornetified

[5/7]

"I dunno, it just seems a little off." He couldn't figure out why they were here, though. Eurig gently reached out to cup the shell, ghosting his fingertips across the soft exterior. So it wasn't something meant to be left on it's own, then; otherwise it would have been much harder. "I don't see a nest...it's almost like something dropped them." He looked at both eggs with scrunched brows. and tried to piece it together. Where had he seen these before? It just seemed so familiar...

"Oh, they're sitara! I knew I'd seen eggs like this before; back in Jauhar, in the market. That's where they life, the jungle, but then why are they all the way out here....?" Whatever the reason they definitely didn't belong here. Much like him they'd been shuffled away from their home and left to wander Tale. It helped him to sympathize with them, and ever so tenderly he found himself scooping one of the eggs up into his basket. "We can't leave them, Uro. If you don't want to look after the other one I can take it, but if they stay here they'll die."

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:11 pm
A sitara? "All the way from Jauhar?" she gasped, looking at the eggs in awe. That a creature had come this far and laid eggs.. but where was the creature? Watching Eurig pick up one egg so gently, Uro had to smile and reached out to give his shoulder an encouraging touch. "You are very kind, Euri."

Shaking her head at his statement, she reached out to copy the motion with the second egg. "If you would not mind, I would like to take this one with me. If they are siblings though.." she looked over at Eurig with a brighter smile, "if we could, I think they should meet again after they hatch. Do you think this would be possible? Is your home far away?"

Painted Moose

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:48 am
Cornetified

[6/7]

Eurig laughed a little nervously, not really sure what to feel with this girl's hand on his shoulder. He was just getting calm, you know? And then she goes and does that. His father said it had something to do with growing older, but Eurig just knew he'd have to live in a cave if this kept up.

"I-I just understand, that's all. Being in a place you weren't meant to be and trying to get by." He carefully smoothed the backside of his hand against the egg, just to make sure it was warm enough, and finding it a little chilled he fluffed the straw in his basket up around it's shell.

"I think...that would be really nice, Uro." It would give him a chance to see her again, and maybe make a friend in Tale, one that wouldn't find someone else as soon as he'd moved back to Jauhar. Keeping friends with that sort of lifestyle was almost impossible, but maybe..."My father lives here, in Tale, but my mother lives with her girlfriend in Jauhar. Half of my time is there, but I come here every summer so we could always meet then?"

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:35 pm
Uro sighed contently, feeling the creature within the egg settling against the warmth her hand provided. "We are all exactly where we are meant to be, Euri. It doesn't always seem like it, but there is a reason," she assured lightly, confident in her belief.

It would? Uro examined Eurig briefly before her smile brightened even further. Used to being brushed off by others her age for being 'odd' in their eyes, it was a treasure to see that Euri meant what he said. "Then I now have another reason to look forward to the summers," she chirped. "I hope they will get along when they meet again."

Painted Moose

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:18 pm
Cornetified
Last for Eurig~

She sounded...a lot like some of his mother's patrons after a few pints, but Uro smelled infinitely nicer so who was he to judge? We are all where we are meant to be. Oooookay, yeah, sure, why not? If it were true then he was meant to be in Tale, away from his life in Jauhar, or did that mean he was supposed to be there when he was there? It was all a little confusing.

When he looked up he saw his father on the edge of the clearing, a pleasant enough look on his face while he talked with others. Once he noticed Eurig looking his way he smiled, then waved, motioning the teenager over to him.

"I really have to go, Uro; my dad wants me. B-but I'll be back, and maybe before I go back to Jauhar we could meet up again?"

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff