HQ for the B/C Shop "Tendaji" 

Tags: Roleplay, Tendaji, B/C Shop 

Reply ◈ Events
[FIN] The Painted Egg - (Dris/Faamy) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Painted Moose rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:24 am
The Painted Egg
Prompt 1

Solo or RP Format
Counts as 5 RP growth Points
Solo word minimum is 750, RP post minimum is 7

Spring has arrived in Tendaji; in most places flowers were blooming while others might only see a slight temperature increase. The weather was nice so you decide to take a stroll. As you leave town and enter a small clearing, you notice strange colorful dots all throughout the grass.

"Oh stop right there!"

Freezing, you stop with your foot hovering just a breath above the grass and then as you slowly take one step backwards you notice that something colorful had been nestled against the ground. What was this? A Gaein girl comes forward and offers a big smile, "Thank you for stopping! You nearly crushed the egg." From there she explains that the whole field is full of colorful eggs that she had spread out for the villagers to find. Apparently in Belrea this time of year is a time for festivities and one of their most popular games is finding brightly dyed eggs that children create with their parents who later hide them away. As a member of the Academy she had been granted permission to come and share this knowledge with those in Tendaji and so offers to allow you to play with those already shifting through the wide expanse of fields.

[ Roll a 1d20 to determine what happens during your hunt!]
1. You are reaching out for an egg when it suddenly floats away! What in the? But then you notice wings behind it. A sprite is trying to steal your egg away!
2. You find a total of 8, totally normal, painted eggs!
3. You pick up what appears to be an egg but doesn't have the same weight a normal egg should have and you notice a line down the center. As you pull the two halves apart, a strange vial [an eye of the goddess] falls out!
4. You find a total of 2, totally normal, painted eggs!
5. You pick up an egg but later begin to smell something foul coming from your bag, it seems that you picked up a rotten egg!
6. You feel a bit competitive and run around as fast as you can to collect every egg, too bad a little boy just left with a basket full!
7. Oh no, watch your step! You accidentally step on and break an egg!
8. You find a total of 10, totally normal, painted eggs!
9. You find an extra large egg hidden in some tall grass. Later, it hatches into a Xaraan!
10. You're a little late to the party, all the younglings have already gathered all the eggs before you even got a chance, how sad!
11. You find a total of 5, totally normal, painted eggs!.
12. You hear a quiet scratching noise coming from a slightly larger painted egg you just picked up. It later hatches into a Sailscale!
13. You find a total of 1, totally normal, painted egg!
14. As you're walking, you hear a strange noise coming from the bushes. A keldari pops out at you! Whether you get startled or just shoo it away, a few eggs fall out of your basket and crack as they hit the ground.
15. You find a total of 3, totally normal, painted eggs!
16. You're walking towards a particular egg when you feel something beneath your foot as you take a step. Whew! Close call, you move your foot and the egg remains unharmed and you add it to your basket!
17. You find a total of 15, totally normal, painted eggs!
18. You feel your basket start to wiggle a bit and then hear giggling. As you look down, you see a youngling taking your eggs! They make off with 4 of your eggs before you have a chance to stop them!
19. You find an unpainted egg. Figuring it's not a part of the egg hunt, you leave it alone and continue on.
20. It seems that something is weird about one of the eggs you've picked up. As you stare at it the egg begins to wobble and even glows from the inside?! It later hatches into a Sitara!

Cornetified rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:52 pm
Faamy's roll~  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:24 pm
[1/7]

"Oh stop right there!"

Dris'rynne made a passive half-turn to the voice, arching her brows as she looked at the speaker. It was early enough in the day for foreigners to be milling about, though those of the shifter community generally thrived at all hours. Case in point, her children were firmly tucked away, but groceries needed to be purchased so she was making her way through the market, dried goods and fruits nestled in a little basket slung over her arm.

Dris'rynne casually held her basket tighter before taking a hairs breath of a movement back, effectively quelling whatever panic the speaker had been in. What was all the fuss about? Some kind of...greenish haired girl? Talking about eggs...? Dris'rynne's scowl deepened, but she turned, never the less to look at the display.

A vast array of colored eggs had been set out for the villagers to find among the tendrils and darkness of Jauhar's forest floor. Not the best spot for them, in her opinion, but at last the Belrean had gone out of her way to find the spot with the best light. The trees were thinner here, allowing just enough sunlight to filter down through the branches to make the...eggs visible.

She seemed beyond excited to share the tradition with Dris'rynne and the others, but...Dris'rynne still wasn't buying it. This seemed utterly pointless and stupid; exciting, maybe, for a youngling, but she wondered if her boys would ever care to play.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:49 pm
Faamy was just walking by when she heard the desperate shout. She froze and looked around quickly. Oh, it didn't seem to be about her. However, there was something interesting going on. She took a few steps closer to listen to the green-haired girl's message. "Eggs?" she asked out loud, looking around at the tucked away colored shells curiously.

Her single word seemed to catch the girl's attention and a basket was soon shoved into her hands. Brow rising, she looked over at the shifter woman and shrugged. "I guess no harm in humorin' the sweet gal, eh?"  

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:01 pm
Cornetified

While the windling seemed more than happy to participate, Dris'rynne remained...unimpressed. Her remaining eye narrowed, looking over the eggs as if they would suddenly start to stink and mildew in the jungle heat. Surely the Belrean knew the pitfalls of having such an activity in the middle of such a moist, humid area? And yet...here they were, regardless of logic.

Looking back to the wind woman, however, made Dris'rynne wonder what had happened to races sticking to their own lands. If everyone stayed home a little longer then she wouldn't be scrounging around for eggs as an adult with another adult when she should have been at home helping to prepare a meal for her kids.

"I doubt she would let me leave anyway." Not without a fight, anyway, or a ruckus. So Dris'rynne squared her shoulders and started towards a patch of eggs, "Don't you think it's a little...odd, that we're doing this? It's a game for children."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:18 pm
Faamy chuckled and nodded. "She sure seems intent on gettin' us ta play." She bent to pluck up another nearby egg and set it into the basket. The shifter's question made her pause a moment before laughing. "Odd? Yeah, maybe a bit. Seems ta me she's just' an eager little sprite lookin' ta get everyone involved. Maybe figures ye'll teach yer own children how ta play, if ya got any." Toeing around a little grass, she gave the other woman a playful smile. "B'sides, don't actually gotta do anythin'. Jus' look like it, at least. She's busy off grabbin' more people anyway."
Painted Moose

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:22 am
Cornetified

[3/7]

Faamy's playful smile was met with waning, yet still persisting, b***h face. She'd stuck around this long so Dris'rynne didn't see herself making a grand escape anytime soon, but instead of picking up her own eggs she was content just walking around, watching the hodge podge of an event play out around her.

"I have five, but I don't see any of them doing this for fun. Maybe to challenge one another..." Her kids were usually off making their own ways in the world, and the only time she could see any of the opinionated little runts slowing down for something like this would be to make a show of beating their siblings.

"Do you have any children?"

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:27 pm
"Five!" Faamy let out a low whistle. Imagine that many children! Perhaps there would have been more in her own family if her father hadn't... Well, that wasn't for thinking about now. "Hey, at least it'd keep 'um busy fer a minute 'r two, eh?"

With the question aimed at her, she felt the slightest twinge before laughing and forgetting the fleeting thought. "Me? Nah. One day, maybeh. Ain't nobody been able ta reign me in fer that yet." Brow rising, she squatted down to push aside a bit of grass. Poking out from behind the patch was an egg much bigger than the others she had found so far. It was warm, too... She set it carefully into her basket, feeling like she needed to use caution with this one.
Painted Moose

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:46 pm
Cornetified

[4/7]

"And you think someone reigned me in? Just because I have kids?" Dris'rynne snorted. She moved through the patchy, jungle floor towards a greenish egg. The shifter could just make it out among the bio-luminescent fungi and if she could manage to snatch it up before some kid...."I had my kids on my own terms, and I might be married now, but you'd best believe my husband only has a hold on me because I let him."

She'd had her girls young in life; too young, really, but Dris'rynne never let that deter her. She'd married a man with a daughter on the way by another woman, and didn't see any issue with it. Her family was blended as all get out, but they were hers, all the same. And if her kids ever wanted to participate in something like this then...well, at least it would get them out of her hair.

She was so focused on going after the green egg that Dris'rynne nearly stepped on another. The shifter halted mid-step, foot hovering over an egg she'd barely felt under her foot. Dris had sucked up a fast, surprised inhale before carefully picking her toes up and looking down.

"Oh thank the goddess."

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:54 pm
The woman's fiery reply had Faamy chuckling. "Point taken. Can tell ye're one ta run yer life yer way." She held up her hand with a smile. "Though, I bet ye got as much a hold on 'im as he got on ya."

Hearing the sharp inhale, Faamy leaned over to peek at the egg and smile. For someone intent on not playing not long ago... "Guess I'da figured they'd be hidin' things from over here. Somethin' tha' makes a bit more sense 'en eggs. Somethin' not so fragile."
Painted Moose

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:59 pm
Cornetified

[5/7]

She smirked at that. "You're right. At the end of the day I trust him to come home, same as he does me. I wouldn't want him if he did everything I said." A doormat for a husband? Now where was the fun in that! A man like that wouldn't be able to keep up with her, and Teslaron was much more than any simple 'man', loath though she was to tell him that.

"Nope, seems like they're just intent on having us step in egg." Dris'rynne carefully picked her foot up and away from the egg, before stooping down to pick it up. "There, now she can't say I didn't try." She turned the painted shell around in her fingers, noting the strange, foreign designs painted onto it before sitting it in her basket.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:01 pm
Faamy grinned and nodded. "No good if they don't got a mind fer their own," she agreed. Anyone who went straight into it wasn't quite worth the time. Peering at the egg, she couldn't help admiring it. "At least they put some effort inta the paintin'. Gonna bring a new game, gotta bring it all the way. Oh! Ye should find one fer each o' them kids o' yours!"

Painted Moose

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:59 pm
Cornetified

[6/7]

"I guess I could." She hadn't really thought about it, honestly. What would they say, if she came home and started handing out eggs? What would Teslaron say? Honestly, the appeal of leaving her husband dumbfounded for a change was reason enough for Dris'rynne to give it a shot.

"You know what? Why not. I'm already here, right? And I've got one, so that's just a few more to go." With one already in her basket the shifter had a head start, but if she didn't start shuffling she'd lose out. Her brood may be small compared to some, but that still didn't mean getting 'gifts' for everyone was easy.

Dris'rynne stooped next to a bio-luminescent fungus and pulled out a pretty little blue speckled egg.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:20 pm
Faamy smiled lightly as she bent to pluck up another egg. One day... "If ya don't mind, I got this one big one I'mma keep, so ya can 'ave any o' the regular ones I find. Better they go ta some bright-eyed youths th'n me." She chuckled lightly and stepped over a low log. "Not that I ain't young, but 'younger' are sure ta 'preciate it more th'n me."

Painted Moose

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:36 pm
Cornetified
Last for Dris

"That's very kind of you." Bright-eyed youths? She smirked and bit back a sharp laugh. Her children were little devils in disguise who would just as steal this woman's eggs as to hunt for their own. And yet, that didn't make her love them any less. She'd never told them stealing was explicitly wrong, after all; just that if she ever caught them they'd be punished.

Maybe they would take their kids and be satisfied for the day.

"If you're staying in the area maybe you should come by and give it to them yourself. Maybe stick around for dinner.

◈ Events

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff