Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:43 am

Why are we doing this, again? Keziath asked her rider, her voice sweetly curious. She did not quite understand what the point of this exercise was, but she was amendable. They were currently flying above a group of weyrlings, doing tight circles and loops. Although they had not gotten many things about being a dragon and rider pair down, flying was easy!

Because we're setting an example, Sabina answered, a note of mischievousness in her tone. They landed with a flourish, and the young woman slid down her dragon's foreleg.

They were supposed to be doing chores, which was definitely much less exciting than showing off for the weyrlings. Even that one - the serious, much-too-big-for-his-britches Bronzerider. Getting him to crack a smile was sharding impossible, not that she hadn't tried. Deciding that tormenting her new target was much more fun than chores, the Greenrider angled to intercept him, hands at her hips.

"Going somewhere?" she asked, quirking a brow.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:32 pm
The pair was impossible to miss. As if the dragon hadn't been bright enough, the rider had found it necessary to dye her hair a ridiculous color. If he had to guess - and of course he did - she was likely overfond of attention. Why she had decided she wanted attention from him, he couldn't say. There were plenty of other weyrlings she could have bothered, and though he was among the more serious (mature, as he preferred to think of it), he wasn't the only one.

Whatever the reason she'd singled him out, if she was looking for amusement, he wasn't going to give it to her so easily. He simply nodded polite acknowledgement as she approached, and answered, "To oil Vedmath."

No excuses necessary: with all the growing Vedmath was doing, the battle to keep his hide from cracking was neverending. The young bronze in question was glad enough to see Keziath, and thrummed out a pleasant greeting for the bubbly green. The intentions and motivations of Hers were bewildering, but he'd found nothing objectionable yet about the green they occasionally shared lessons with.

Mx Cherie

Meepfur
Crew

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:19 pm

"I'll bet," Sabina said, weighing her options. On the one hand, offering to help him oil his dragon was almost sure to come across as a come on. On the other hand, this was normally when she'd cut out. "Want some help with that? I know oiling a Bronze dragon, even a small one, can be a two man job."

Hello, Vedmath! Keziath said, peering down at the still quite little Bronze. One day he was going to be very big! You're so nice! None of the Bronzes at the Weyrhold were very nice, but I like you!

He was a good Bronze. So said Keziath, and so it was.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:01 pm
Polite refusal was imminent - he was perfectly capable of oiling his own dragon, thank you, and would be even once he'd reached his full size - but Vedmath interrupted this intention with a pleading look. While Hers might be vexing, whether for the reasons His guessed or otherwise, Keziath was wonderfully friendly, and he enjoyed her company very much. I would like to speak further with Keziath, he entreated, soulful eyes whirling blue-green as he gazed upon his rider. Might we? Please?

The look Dezerac could have given him was withering, but as they were in company, he made do with a feeling of exasperation. He would much prefer to tend to his dragon in peace, absent distractions, but alas, that dragon had other ideas. He could have said no regardless, and he knew Vedmath would have accepted that, but the bronze was the one soft spot he had. If this was the company he wanted to keep today, then Dezerac would endeavour to tolerate it, although he was naturally suspicious of the offer to help. Help was a concept the self-sufficient man was still getting used to, even from slightly more known quantities like L'nik. From Sabina, he was certain there was an ulterior motive of some kind, even if it wasn't a nefarious one.

"I can handle it," he replied, so that she might think for a moment that he was going to refuse (and he was still very tempted to), "But if you've nothing better to do." He shrugged casual assent.

Good morning, Keziath! Vedmath crooned, broad wings flaring out in response to her compliment. I am sorry to hear that the bronzes you were acquainted with before did not know how to conduct themselves properly. Are they there still, or did they leave as you did? If the former, it would be filed away to be dealt with. One day.

Mx Cherie

Meepfur
Crew

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:14 pm

"It's either this or scrub out weyrs," Sabina said, rolling up her sleeves. Mucking out weyrs was not exactly her idea of a good time, not that oiling growing Bronze dragons was much more exciting. However, weyrs did not make friends with her Green. Keziath seemed so fond of Vedmath, and that was one thing Sabina could not deny her. The young Green had not had a lot of opportunities to make friends before they'd arrived at the Weyr, especially not nice Bronzes, however young.

I think they are trying to bring the Weyrhold back. They liked things as they were. I didn't like it very much because they were mean. And they... Keziath trailed off for a moment before picking up once more, They said Greens are only good for Catching. And threadfodder, but she didn't want to repeat that. But it''s so nice here!

Amusingly, it looked to Sabina as though Dezerac wanted nothing more than to be free of her. Tough luck. "Careful, you keep making that face and it will freeze that way. If it hasn't already."

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:20 am
With a wordless sound of agreement - scrubbing weyrs was not the most appealing task - he continued on his path to the lake with the unasked-for company in tow.

Red flashed into Vedmath's eyes at Keziath's words, accompanied by an ominous rumble that got him a curious, quirked-eyebrow look from his rider as the bronze bristled at the information offered. That is a horrible thing to say, and not so! It went far past mean and into deeply wrong, and he was greatly disturbed to hear it. If they are trying to start again, they should be stopped before they have a chance to take hold.

If only he were grown, and further along in his training...! He would go and stop them! Dezerac sent a soothing thought his way. There was nothing they could do now, and no use getting riled up in the meantime. Vedmath could add to to his list of injustices to be corrected, which was slowly growing the more he learned of the world outside of Western, expanding beyond keeping an eye on his problem clutchmates.

For Sabina, the man had another shrug. "And what if it has?"

Mx Cherie

Meepfur
Crew

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:32 am

There was very little that Sabina wouldn't do to avoid mucking out weyrs. Who wouldn't? Ehhh... this tunic was not going to fly, not when she had a Bronze dragon to oil.

I don't know how anyone can stop them, but maybe you can. Vedmath was the nicest Bronze that she'd ever met, and Keziath could barely believe he was talking to her like she was... was a person! It was an honor, and at the same time, she also hoped maybe they could be friends.

Oi. Internally rolling her eyes at her Green, Sabina pulled the tunic over her head and off, tossing it to Kezi, who caught it. She was still decent, but less likely to end up with the material miserably pressed against her skin.

"If it is, then that's a shame. If I had a face like yours I'd be using it for better things," she remarked, prepping for the business of properly oiling up a half grown Bronze dragon.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:36 am
I'm sure it can be done, all that is required is will and means, he thrummed, giving it deep thought. In his understanding, it was a difficult age for WeyrHolds, so perhaps with the right push in the right place, from the inside... While he thought, he settled himself comfortably, positioned with the convenience of his oilers in mind. It was quite a routine process by now, although to have an additional pair of hands was new.

The removal of the greenrider's tunic was noted, but not lingered upon. Not that it could have been, at this stage in their weyrlinghood, but the loss of one layer of clothing wouldn't have gotten a second look out of him regardless. Maybe from some of his younger classmates. Dezerac set down hia bucket of supplies and shed his own shirt as well, though it was consigned to the ground for the time being. As frequently as Vedmath needed oiling, he'd ruin an absurd number of shirts otherwise. The pants couldn't be helped.

"Such as?" he inquired dryly. "My former profession didn't exactly rely on looks." More on the ability to take punishment and give it back, which was fairly evident on his skin...although the most impressive marks had all come courtesy of Vedmath's sister. "Most of the uses I'm familiar with are currently off-limits."

There really was a sense of humor in there, deadpan though it was.

Mx Cherie

Meepfur
Crew

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:57 am

They are also my family, Keziath pointed out. Are any of yours like that? she asked, a little curious. Very gently, she scooped Dezerac's tunic off of the ground, 'hanging' it up with her claws very delicately so that it would not tear. She had to be very, very careful with clothes, because clothes were easy to rip.

"Mm... well, I was an entertainer, but I could've made more being a whore," Sabina said conversationally. "Especially with eyes like yours." Seriously, how common were such icy eyes? Lucky man.

Disregarding any hope of propriety, the Greenrider began to oil up Vedmath. Given that he was fully as large as her Green even at his age, it would be no small task. Still... much better than what she'd been assigned. "Can't imagine what you were before this. Pit fighter?"

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:24 pm
Vedmath dipped his head in confirmation, then kept it low so that His might begin his task there, sighing happily over the attentions that came with being oiled. Be wary of Illiandinth, he advised, And Strigonth. They are both overfond of power. And of themselves.

"The good ones do rather well for themselves, don't they?" They made quite a bit more than any number of other professions, he'd wager. Of course, the ones who made that much had prettier words for themselves, but the original still applied. "I suppose if I'd aged out, I wouldn't have lacked for options," he said with another shrug.

"Not far off," he answered. "Mercenary." Not that he hadn't been in a pit once or twice, but nowhere near enough to count it as an occupation. Something to do between jobs, or for utter lack of something better to do. It was still marks, and practice.

Mx Cherie

Meepfur
Crew

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:11 pm

"Freelance or with a company?" Sabina asked, sturdily working away at the Bronze's hide. Poor thing definitely needed it - not that he wasn't being taken good care of, but he was clearly going through a growth spurt. "Mm, they do make a pile. I had to split my take with an entire circus. Not nearly as profitable, but on the other hand... I love dancing."

Hmmmm. She frowned, leaning over a particular spot, and put her back into her oiling. "Mercenaries always pay well. Whores love 'em. Not sure if it's that they've got money coming steadily in, or just don't have a lot of long term lovers."

Oh. Aren't they like you? Keziath asked, peering at Vedmath in slight confusion. I thought things were different at Western. The prospect that they might be the same frightened the young Green.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:32 pm
"Company," was the simple answer, with just the slightest guarded edge to the tone. That was a subject line that was rarely embellished with further detail, regardless of who was asking, as it bled far too easily into talk of family, and that he preferred to ignore. Money and whores, however, were perfectly acceptable topics. "Not so different from mercenary work, in that regard; steadier work with a company, bigger jobs, but everything gets divvied up."

"Bit of both," he confirmed, steadily working his way down Vedmath's length with special attention for all the worst spots. "And it's something to do between jobs." Mercenaries did not handle idelness and boredom well, suffice to say.

Vedmath shifted his weight, leaning one way or the other into their ministrations. This was very, very nice! Western is different, the bronze attempted to assure his green friend, Though not all of my siblings are worthy of its ideals.

Mx Cherie

Meepfur
Crew

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:16 am

"Not much call for an aerial dancer outside of a circus," Sabina pointed out, not pausing from her work. This was certainly enough to make her break out into a sweat, but she had no complaints. It meant that she could be outside, with sunshine and fresh air. "'Course, a 'courtesan' usually works at a brothel, or for some lord or lady. Almost like having a company, or a circus. The really good ones make more than a Queenrider."

And, depending on your temperament, the work was easy. She'd considered it a time or two, but at the end of the day, there was no guaranteeing a stable income. No guaranteeing that she'd be a high paid courtesan rather than a mark grubbing whore. "I bet you'd like working a crowd in a pit. All you'd have to do is give them some glowers with that pretty face of yours, and the marks would come rolling in."

Are you sure? Keziath asked anxiously, suddenly not feeling quite so certain about their new home as before. Are they allowed to do that?

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:13 am
"Whore, pit fighter...imagine the sort of marks you could make combining the two." On the other side of Vedmath, Dezerac gave a soft snort, and there might even have been the very slightest twitch of a smile, but it was more than safely obscured by the bulk of weyrling dragon between them. It was odd to think that said weyrling dragon was likely only just past half-grown, and already larger than no few adult dragons. The rate at which he'd grown was simply staggering...hence the frequent, ever more time-consuming oilings. "Perhaps I missed my true calling when I settled for dragonrider."

They will be as they are. Vedmath rumbled irritation at the thought of his more selfish siblings. But they will not be allowed to cause trouble. I will keep an eye on them. Both, if necessary. Just take care. They can be very charming when they want to be.

Mx Cherie

Meepfur
Crew

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:24 am

"All that's assuming," Sabina said conversationally, leaning into the oiling a bit more, "that pit fighters, the show ones, aren't whores. You know the frontliners take in extra pay sleeping with their biggest fans." She grinned, giving the Bronze a good oiling with both hands. "If you ever decide to change your profession, let me know. I could be your agent."

Imagining the marks that would make was... something else. Shaff, if only she was that kind of attraction! "Not that you would need an agent, but I could watch the audience to fish up likely patrons." Those who had marks, and who would pay for a chance at that hot man! Ha! It was a brilliant idea, really. What a shame that it would never happen.

Charming is bad? Keziath guessed, feeling a little fretful. If they're charming, I should fly away? She felt so dumb when compared to a Weyr trained dragon. She just didn't know her way around these situations. Crestfallen, the Green settled her head on the sand.

Meepfur

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces